Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #83

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #83

Mom2Gaby
09-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Hello & :welcome: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.

Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn224/landylaughs/P6060001.jpg

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!

So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

:cofdate::exercise::cofdate::write:

Mom2Gaby
09-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Good Morning -

Thought I would start a new thread since we were over 100! And it is almost the start of a new month and fresh goals!:carrot:

My October goal is to lose 10 pounds, creeping back up ever so slowing, weighed in at 154 this morning. I have to get it back down, I don't think I have it in me to lose any more 50 plus weight losses. Stop the stupid insanity!

Geez, Susan........just close your mouth. lol If it was so easy.

Mindee- Hope you all are rested from the trip!

Sassy - Back to work? How is it going?

Sue - I need a list for everything too, even if it is just in my head. I hate travelingm I must be a homebody. Have a safe trip to Vegas!

Cristina - We'll be stuck with a Wal-Mart, ugh. It'll be nice for non clothes items though, and I have never been in one that had groceries so hope there will be some good prices. And we are having a HUGE costco going in , I have to get a membership card for that, I love costco.....noting like eating in bulk. haha I am not reading anything at the moment, need to get to the library.

Kathy- How goes it? Is Kristi your daughter? She added me yesterday, that was sweet.

Katy - You running?

Francie - come chat!

Jules- How is baby Dominic? How are you??

Sorry, I know I am going fast, just errands to get done before work. I think I will get a ticker up and see if that motivates me. Chat more later! :wave:

Mom2Gaby
09-29-2009, 12:13 PM
where is my f-ing ticker? Ya, don't get on the bad side of me! lol

Mom2Gaby
09-29-2009, 12:15 PM
aww, there it is......temper,temper, huh. I think I will get a book on anger management. I use to be sweet as a lamb, now I am kind of an angery middle age lady. lmbo

toodles!!

suetalks
09-29-2009, 12:33 PM
An angry middle aged lady (with a cat) who loves eating in bulk, but not traveling. Hmmm... That's our Susan and we love her!!

Good Tuesday morning...It is chilly and very windy here. Not good biking weather, but I will try for a walk later. I cleaned bathrooms and fixed breakfast...real exciting day so far. That's OK...when it gets exciting it is too much for me. LOL

Mindee- Great pictures, my your kiddos are growing fast.

Sassy- That was a short, but sweet vacation. I am glad you had great times.

Cristina- You still have more ambition than I do about exercising. I have to walk this week and also in Vegas cause DD has a day trip planned with lots of walking and I don't wanna poop out on them. Need to get back in the groove.

Jules, Kathy, Francie, Katy- Hope your week is going well. I love seeing you all on FB...and the above 4 also. Lots of fun reading about you all.

Still just preparing for my trip and getting more excited. LV is old hat, but I don't get to CA often enough. Daughter lives in a new area since I was there before and has a lot to show me. We won't be going into San Francisco this trip...but that is one of my most favorite cities to visit. Hoping up north is a nice trip also....to the redwoods and the ocean. And I get to squeeze and smooch my 9 year old grandson....lol. (he might feel too old for that..??)

Okay..gotta go get some food out of the freezer. Have a good hump day tomorrow chickies.

tommysgirl18
09-29-2009, 03:32 PM
I finally got a chance to get on here.....I was doing some cleaning, and then did some catch up on some programs that I taped early last week. I still have some more to catch up on, but I wanted to get on here tonight. Tommy and Marissa are both napping, and the boys will be home from school soon! Tommy has lodge tonight, so it will just be me and the kids for dinner, unless Tommy wants to eat dinner with us. I guess I should wake him up and see what the plans are!

Sue~ Thanks for the nice comments. I do have to agree that they are growing up to fast! I can't believe that Logan is going to be 4 next month, and then in April Brandon is going to be 6 and Marissa is going to be 3! Where in the world has the time gone?

jules1216
09-29-2009, 07:30 PM
I need to go back and read all the last postings on the closed thread....

Mindee-I can't believe how fast the kids are growing either...and this year is flying by...

Sue-smooch him anyway Granny....we might go for a ride on the motorcycle before the weather gets too cold on Friday. when do you leave for Vegas??? Teri is ready to go back..

Suzy--I get a little hormonal myself--it must be a 40 something thing...I am also a lot mouthier than I used to be....reading a vampire book myself..it's pretty good but turns out it's the 9th book in a series called the Black Dagger Brotherhood...now I am gonna have to go find the first 9....

start the first of my 3 Excel classes tomorrow--9-4:30...I have to miss work....awwww....then this Thursday is the first of my 6 week Quick Books class--company paid for woo hoo...I will ride over with my coworker who they are also sending and then class gets out at 8:30 and Teri's gets out betwee 8:30-8:45 so I get to ride home with her..it will be nice just the two of us...

well off to finish reading my book....

tommysgirl18
09-29-2009, 09:18 PM
I can't believe how fast this year is flying by! I was just trying to get to the start of the school year, and now I got a letter from the teacher that in a couple of weeks, she is going to send the snack list home for the boys' Halloween party!

Sassy_Chick
09-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Hey Everybody.

Yup back to work. Only have tonight then tomorrow night then I'm done. My coworker did ask our boss if we could start our new schedules this week since it would typically be our "long week" and we are here for 4 nights anyways and he said yes so now my schedule is a lot easier for everybody to understand. Its Sunday - Wed 9 pm - 7 am -- 4 - 10 hour shifts. We like it a lot better, before we were doing 1 week 4 12 hours and then the next week 3 - 12 hours rotating. Its so nice to get to leave at 7 am when the dayshift comes in lemme tell ya.

I bought another new shirt too I am wearing today. Have to have someone take a pic so you all can see it. Oh and go and check out my facebook, if you haven't already. I have posted some of the pics from my bday celebration. My friend is gonna be putting the rest online soon so hopefully there will be more to see! We had a good time even though I totally suck at bowling but it was all for good fun.

I think Next year I am totally doing Vegas Baby! Cuz we were gonna go to Vegas for my DH's bday this year (in December) but he isn't gonna be able to get enough time off for it..........

But yeah it was a lot of fun but now I have to think of something fun for DH's bday since we're not going to Vegas, any ideas ladies??? :D

I hope you all are doing well!!!

:hug:

RosieKate
09-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi gals! No change on WI this week ...oh well. Yup, still running. I did a yoga class yesterday and I still do a step class on Fridays. I also walk the kiddos to school on Thursdays in the interest of keeping them active...we call it the walking school bus. You would think with all the exercise that I would lose, but nope. Guess I need to track my food better. Anyone do WW Online? I saw a commercial for it last night and I thought that maybe I would do a better job with food diaries if I knew someone else was going to see them...I dunno.

I didn't sleep well last night, so today I am going to work on some house cleaning and cooking then I hope to take a nap. So exciting :P

Hope everyone is having a more exciting day than me, lol! Need to tear myself away from Bejeweled and scrub some toilets - whoopee...

Mom2Gaby
09-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Good Morning -

Mindee- Kids grow up way too fast.....hooking up w/ friends that I use to go to school on FB and it is shocking that some have kids who are 24!!!! I feel ancient.

Sue - CA sounds like fun, Vegas sounds like fun. I can't even make it to PDX these days. lol Gab and I were suppose to go see a pre view of Winnie the Pooh tonight but I am too lazy for the drive.

Sassy - My idea for DH's birthday would be to get a room at a really nice hotel in the downtown area, go out to dinner and enjoy the night life!

Jules -we're just a bunch of *itches, huh?? lol How did we get this way? In my 20's I was meek and mild but now I see a lot of impatience with people. They are just soooooo stupid! lol Have fun w/ the classes!

Katy - We can do food diaries here if you want?

I'll do mine now for yesterday: :D
Breakfast
oatmeal
banana
8oz yogurt
Lunch
10 oz bowl of pea soup w/ 4 crackers
Dinner
10 oz bowl of pea soup
ww bag of popcorn
slice of swiss cheese

I need to work on my water. I felt real thirsty yesterday and dizzy:dizzy:..... and it wasn't because that is just the way I am. haha

I went in and got my registration packet for the Great Columbia Crossing http://www.greatcolumbiacrossing.com/ I plan to take Gab with me so in case I can't complete a 6 mile walk in 2 hours I can blame here. lol And I bought the tee shirt, I love the picture on it,you can see it in the link.

:wave: hello to Cristina, Kathy, Francie!!! Chat more later.

jules1216
09-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Suzy--how cool--so proud of you to do the race...I need to get back into the water..as usual I was doing really good with it and slipped away again...yes, I was meek and mild in my 20's unless you messed with my family or friends...

Katy--can't get the c25k to download on my cheap little RCA mp3player...guess I will break down and get a ipod....hubby and I cleaned the last fallen tree from the path on our property so I am walking, we live on what's called North Mountain though the mountains back here are nothing compared to the Rocky's, but still the path is a workout--you definitely feel it in the calves...if I can ever run it, it will be like cross country on red bull..

Sassy--Teri and JR went to Vegas for JR's bday and they are definitely going back--Teri loved it, but she's still sticking to a week at the beach for her June bdays...Susan's idea is really good, go to the biggest closest city and get a fancy hotel and hit the local scene--Ry likes to hit microbrewers on his...I think we are going to have one last shebang for his next bday..it will be his 25th and his last one before he's a Daddy...either Baltimore for something fun or DC or maybe even Philadelphia again....

Mindee--October 1 is tomorrow already...Halloween is just around the corner

well...I washed that grey right out of my hair....did a load of clothes..gonna starrt on another book--Michael J Fox (http://www.amazon.com/Always-Looking-Up-Adventures-Incurable/dp/B002LITSEI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254353786&sr=1-1).....

LOVED class..can't wait for the next one...

Sassy_Chick
10-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Hey Girls.

TGIF!! (My Friday at least! lol)

Susan -- Yeah we could maybe go to Indianapolis or something that is only 2 hrs. and they have this really cool hotel that has pool suites, pools in your room!! That'd be cool. Esp DH LOVES to swim and I hate it but wouldn't mind it if it was our own personal one!

Jules -- Yeah we are either going to DC or Philly this month. Not sure which yet. I started a new book as well, "The Tenth Circle" by Jodi Picoult, the same author who wrote "My Sisters Keeper". This time I actually watched the movie first before reading the book. It was on Lifetime Movie Channel. It was a pretty good movie and so far the book is almost dead on to the movie, which is very rare. I just got done reading "The Time Travelers Wife" By Audrey Niffenegger. It was pretty good. Haven't seen the movie yet though.

Big :hug:

tommysgirl18
10-01-2009, 01:16 AM
just thought i would pop in since I have some time to do so......

we went out and did some errands yesterday after the boys went to school. I got my hair cut at the place in walmart.....never again will I do that! for $22 the lady butchered my hair.....especially my bangs.......now we are about to go to bed........

we think we willl go for a ferry ride after we put the boys on the bus on Thursday. grab some lunch on the local island and then come back.

Mom2Gaby
10-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Happy Friday to Sassy and Thursday to everyone else!

Sassy - Good luck w/ your Picoult book, it is always at the end that makes me go "huh????". lol

Jules- Glad the class went well. I am still trying to get rid of this paprika shade in my hair....after like 3 years. lol I KNOW I am not that red. And thanks on the GCC, I hope I follow through, I seem to have an issue with that.....my mother calls it flakey. lol

Mindee- I didn't know wal mart had a beauty shop? Is that in every store? I usually only spend around $17, $22 seems spendy.....course I am cheap. lol

My Food Diary::write:
Breakfast
skipped, we were late. I had 2 spoonfuls of cheerios from G's leftovers.
Lunch
Steamed veggies and chicken tenderloin
Dinner
Steamed rice (soy sauce for flavor)and a hambuger patty
Snack
peaches and cottage cheese
ranch quacker crackers

I did pick up some books from the library yesterday, I forget the titles though. hmmm. argh.....can't remember.

anyway, my leg is feeling better and it is a work day...so I better get ironing and some morning errands done!

:wave: to Katy, Cristina, Sue, Francie and Kathy!!

FrouFrou
10-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Happy Thursday All...

SUSAN...good for you missy! That would be an awesome walk...across that bridge, the view is BEAUTIFUL!

MINDEE...wow, the kids are growing too fast for sure! Almost 4 and 6 already? Where does the time go...definitely flies by too fast!

SUE...enjoy your trip to Vegas and CA!

SASSY...Vegas is where we are going for our anniversary next year. I told the hubby if he can't' take off work I am going by myself, or with the daughter...will probably take the daughter anyway, lol. Glad you guys had a nice time.

JULES...glad you enjoyed the class. I need, or rather would like to take some more computer classes. But then I think why? Happy reading.

KATY...I tried WW online and didn't care for it. Not alot of people posting and thought I could just keep track with stuff at home instead of paying to do it online. But that's me...Happy running!

HIYA KATHY, and FRANCIE! Hoping all is well with you guys.

Not a lot going on...been Christmas shopping...have two big things to get and two small things plus stocking stuffers for the kids and I am done! And let me tell ya...it feels good to say that and to know that. Don't even wanna have to think about it later.

Weighed in today and I am down 2 pounds, yeehaw! About time the scales moved in the opposite direction, lol. But it's not my official WI so we'll see what happens Sat-WI day. Exercise is fine, actually doing good with the eating too so hopefully I can keep it up for a while. Heading to AR next Wed for about a week, but I'm not worried about gaining...for some reason I usually lose a couple...thinking it may be because I feel everyone is judging me or watching what I eat so I eat less...dunno. Anyway...

Have a wonderful day, ladies! :hug:

tommysgirl18
10-02-2009, 12:25 AM
just thought I would pop in to see how every one is doing.....

I sent the realtor person we know an email yesterday about any more listings that he has. we went to Harsen's Island with Marissa while the boys were in school on Thursday. we took pictures on the way out there, and on the way back....which reminds me I have to upload them onto the computer.

Cristina~ I can't believe they are almost 3, 4 and 6 already!

Sassy_Chick
10-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Hi Girls.

Well I weighed myself finally after many months! HA! It was because I wanted to see how much our kitty, Bella (the new kitty) weighs now because she has a little belly now! lol. When we first got her she weighed 5 pounds. Then two months later we took her to the Vet to get her booster shots and to just do a check up. She weighed 7 pounds. Now two more months later she now weighs 9 pounds! :fr: Isn't that a lot of weight for a cat to gain?? Then I weighed our other cat, who is 11 and he actually has lost a 1/2 pound, just like me (yippee) but for a Cat that is pretty good esp since he was 11 pounds and now he's down to 10.6 pounds, so technically a little less than a 1/2 pound for him, but still he has lost.

I have cut back their food. When we first got her, like I said she was tiny for her age (just under a year) so I started giving her a can a day and her and my other cat would share it. After the last vet appointment, I cut her off the cans and just give them dry and have cut that back too. Its like how much less food should I give them? She is VERY energetic so I honestly do not see how she has gained any weight!

I dunno but any ideas would be helpful! THanks!

jules1216
10-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Hey Sassy--don't have any idea on the amount of food to feed your kitty...maybe she's just catching up from going from being underweight to being well loved and taken care of..

Mindee--hope youfind something you like..the pics on myspace are very pretty

Cristina--haven't weighed...I need to....class went good..I can already see how it's going to work perfectly for the project I am having to do. I am liking going to school...I may continue a class or two each semester depending on the price..most people in the class said they are currently working but looking for a different job and two had loast heir jobs and were looking for work and all of them said that most job listing reqyires that you lnow quickbooks so they were there..the rest of the class was their because their work sent them or were starting businesses from home. Teacher is good.

Suzyq--I have a vampire theme in two books...The Black Dagger Brotherhood series one and the other was a Sookie Stackhouse---I read the first one..it was ok...this one is much later in the series and not catching my interest...the other is a Michael J Fox book...

well, hubby's fianlly up..going to see if we are going to something today or if it is a regular errand running Friday.

Mom2Gaby
10-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Good Morning - and Happy Friday!

Cristina - Heehaw chickie for the 2 pounds lost! Happy for you.

Jules- One of the books is Mockingbird, based on the real life Harper Lee and I am almost done w/ the story of how WW was formed. lol , I thought that would be interesting and it has been somewhat. So, what are you & hubby doing today?

Sassy - not sure on the kitties weight, maybe the one cat is just growing from kitty to cathood? :dizzy: Momo is always a steady 14 pounds. lol

:wave: to everyone!

I am disgusted because I gained a pound, lets review......

Breakfast
oatmeal
yogurt
banana
Lunch
steamed veggied w/ 2 tenderloins
Dinner
Mushroom soup (very rich in taste, didn't finish it all)
slice of swiss cheese
Snacks
ww popcorn
2 Lorna Doone cookies (small)
slice of bread w/ a slice of bologna and a squirt of mustard...soooooo good

and you wave your wand and you gain a POUND!! wts.....maybe because I was drinking too much water?? Maybe the water absorbed the popcorn..and the mass is just sitting in my stomache??? Why me???? Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I am so pissed.

FrouFrou
10-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Hello...

SUSAN...maybe salt? I know anytime I eat anything salty I will not weigh the next day..always off. And thank you! :hug:

SASSY...I have no clue about cats, sorry. Sounds like you have cut their food back as much as possible though.

JULES...hope you guys do something fun today!

MINDEE...that's right, 3, 4 & 6...Susan mentioned Gaby was 7, or almost 7 and it just seems weird. Seems like all you guys' babies are growing too fast!

I had to run to the store this morning and get a couple things I forgot yesterday when I bought groceries. Cooking a ham dinner for the family this Sunday and Wal-mart did not have any pumpkin pies (Josh's fav dessert). This week though V's sister, BIL and dad are coming over as well. Thought they might like to see the little one. Try to fix something different every week too and I am running out of ideas. At least I get a break the next two Sundays! Anyway...other than getting some laundry done today and some exercise, that's about it for me.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful Friday and weekend! And speaking of the weekend...SUE, have a safe and fun trip!

suetalks
10-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks Cristina...I am packed and just cleaning house a little now. I froze some meals for DH for when he comes home without me. Mom is all ready to go to my Aunt's house. Things are moving right along.

On another note we have planned the 3 weeks in San Diego for mid Jan. I am excited about that as well.

suetalks
10-03-2009, 08:22 AM
:wave: See you later chickies.

:woohoo::woohoo:

:cheer::cheer3::cheer3::cheer2::cheer2::cheer:

RosieKate
10-03-2009, 09:18 AM
ok , a bit late getting started. i had a class Thursday night and didn't get home til late, but I kept track yesterday so here goes
B - almond power bar
L spinach, egg and baked oatmeal
s - two zucchini mini-muffins
D - power bar and a salad

Weight is staying the same so far this week..we'll see what monday brings.
Cristina - I don't think I'll do WW online..I thought it might help to count points online, but I think I'll try writing down here for a bit and see if that gets me back in the groove.

Need to go for a run but my itunes is misbehaving..off to go see what the hold up is. Then I will be headed to Salem to visit with family. My uncle has been getting chemo for a tumor on his liver and his lung and last week they found cancer in his spine. My dad is coming up to see him and I thought I'd meet up so we could all visit and find out what his next step is.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

K

jules1216
10-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Katy--sorry to hear about your uncle. Mom and Dad are both doing well, but will be followed closely the next two years.

Sue--have fun on your trip

Cristina--we went to a car show/swap meet--had a good time

SuzyQ--not sure why you gained a pound--both you and Katy eat well...don't know why you aren't losing

well gotta go...hugs...

FrouFrou
10-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Hello...

Just dropping by to say HI :wave:

Thinking I am ready for a nap. Woke up at 5:30 for some reason and tossed and turned for a while before just deciding to get up...now I am sleepy, go figure. Doesn't matter though, nothing going on today. Was going to go to the park for a walk with daughter but her and son decided to sleep the day away. If she's not up in a hour or so may just go without her. I don't NEED her to go, she just wanted to. Should go wake her arse up, lol.

KATY...enjoy your run, and sorry to hear about your Uncle. :hug:

JULES...glad you enjoyed your day with the hubby.

WI was the same...the pounds stuck so yay! Probably would have been a little, and I do mean a little more but I was a pig yesterday. Oh well...I have decided to aim for 1 pound a week so 2 is definitely great!

Okay, going to go wake daughter up 'cause I can't take it anymore...I am so bored!!! Can't wait until next week...I get tired from driving but oh well...at least I am going somewhere, lol!

Have a great day!

tommysgirl18
10-04-2009, 01:34 AM
just thought I would stop in before heading off to relax and such.....

we went to the walk-a-thon with the kids yesterday. it was a lot of fun and we did it all inside because it was raining. we walked around the school 16 times, and then took a break. we got some water, apples, and some popcorn. then while we were snacking, they called every body into the cafeteria to announce the winners and such. it was a great time and the boys even walked a little bit with a friend of theirs from their class.

RosieKate
10-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Had a nice trip to Salem. Uncle is not doing so great, he was clearly in a lot of pain. However, he is expected to start radiation next week for his spine and that is supposed to help that pain go away. I was able to visit with my dad and my aunt, uncle, and grandmother while I was there, so that was nice. I ate too much fried chicken so the scale was up a pound this morning. I knew there was reason why I didn't eat fried chicken! I hadn't had any in so long and it tasted so good! I will get back on track today. I bought some ground flax, so I can make my smoothie..yum!

Saturday
B- oatmeal waffle, 2 eggs
L - caesar salad, garlic bread ( no butter), fried chicken
D - same ( leftovers)

Jules - I'm glad both your parents are doing well...that's great news!

Mindee - the walkathon sounded like fun and good exercise...can't beat that.

Sue - bon voyage...have fun on your trip

Cristina - congrats on a great WI! My WI day is tomorrow...if I can get back on track today, I may maintain for the week, but yesterday's eating will not help the scale I'm afraid. Hope you got your DD out of bed for that walk.

I arrived home yesterday to a feverish Leigh, so she is crashed out in front of cartoons today and we are not going to do much of anything. My DH is running the Portland Marathon, but we will have to cheer him on from home :( He managed to recover from some injuries to do this, so I am proud of him...but also a little annoyed because I think he is crazy to do it on injured legs, but oh well. I admire his persistence and understand a little about the sense of accomplishment it will bring so GO David!

Sassy_Chick
10-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Happy Sunday All.

Yay I get to go back to work tonight! YAY! lol. At least with my new hours it isn't as bad. lol. I will be all alone tonight. My coworker took off, so hopefully it will be slow and relaxing but not too much so that I fall asleep! LMAO! I am gonna try pricing some vacations here and there tonight, if I get a chance. Also been trying different recipes. I made DH French toast w/ fresh strawberries and whipping cream. I had french toast but just with a little maple syrup. I am more of a traditional girl with pancakes and french toast. lol. (When I eat them that is and that isn't very often!!) Then made up my whole wheat spaghetti and sauce for tonight. So I made 2 meals within 1 hour and a half, not too shabby, eh???!! lol.

Anywho............tired. :tired: I didn't sleep very long yesterday. My own stupid fault so I should sleep pretty well today! lol. Just didn't want to go to sleep yesterday because it was SOOOOOO gorgeous :sunny: outside! DH and I went out to a couple used car dealers to look for him a car. OMG we test "drove" and I use Drove very loosely here a cute little teal escort wagon, well I hated getting inside it was disgusting! But dirt is easy enough to deal with but OMG we were both praying for our lives when driving it! It didn't shift right and it was an automatic, brakes were completely shot, power steering was going out and the shocks were bad! lol. Well what do you expect for only $800? lol. But DH has been looking online and found some work vans used for a few thousand and he qualified for financing so we probably will check those out. Getting mighty chilly for him to ride anymore (motorcycle) and with my new shift he can't take me to work because I get off WAY too early now. I'd end up having to wait a whole hour. He has to get a car or something to drive in the winter. Cold isn't too big of an issue as he has gloves, etc, but he can't ride in the snow and stuff.

Anywho. Guess that is all from my end! Still NO sign of AF in sight. Took another HPT and it was negative if I do not start by tomorrow I am calling and making an appt with the gyn.

Have a Great Day!

tommysgirl18
10-04-2009, 11:08 AM
just thought I would stop in to see how every one is doing...I need to get into the shower, and get the kids into the bath tub, then we need to go grocery shopping!

the kids seem to be in a better mood than Tommy....he seem to be grumpy for some reason.

FrouFrou
10-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Happy Sunday...

KATY...GO DAVID! :cheer: Hope Leigh feels better soon.

SASSY...crazy about the car, but yeah, like you said, what do you expect for $800? Still...hope you guys find the hubby a good ride. Enjoy the new hours!

MINDEE...I have to say, I miss the kids being little at times but having the g-kids over makes me glad mine are all grown up. I never realized how much work we do/did with little ones. Hope Tommy gets over his being grumpy.

Hello to everyone else :wave:

I should be doing something but I have plenty of time. Lots of cooking today. Made the desserts yesterday so that's a little less but still. That's about all I am doing today, visiting with family and cooking, an dthen cleaning after of course.

Did get to the park yesterday and I mowed the backyard too so got in a good almost 2 hour workout/walk.

Have a good day!

Sassy_Chick
10-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi Ya.

Yay another night another $. :p lol.

Cristina -- Yeah exactly so thats why he started looking at different vehicles. I told him it doesn't help you to have a car/truck if you are stranded on the side of the road! lol. Esp where my DH works, def not a place you want to break down at! lol. So now he's looking at better vehicles! lol. I used to do the push mowing for my dad, he always thought I was crazy since he had a riding lawn mower that he said I could use, but I told him, "Its Great Exercise!" So I always did all the trimming with the push mower and he did the rest with the riding lawn mower. Then when DH and I lived in another house (our landlord at our current house takes care of our lawn) I mowed the lawn too. Good exercise for sure. ;)

Speaking of our old house we used to live at, we got a letter in the mail that we are being Supinead for City taxes for that house for years 2004-2007. Well um we haven't lived there since the very very beginning of 2004, so if anything we may owe a month or so, but thats it. The rest of that time we lived in our Apt. that we moved out of this year. So just a matter of getting all the paper work in order. I guess lots of cities all over the world are doing it, to try to get extra cash. Our friend used to live in Australia many years back and he got the exact same thing we did. Now he can't go to Australia, so he hired a lawyer to handle it. Anyways, so just sharing in case any of you get a letter like this, just keep all your papers!!

Well guess that is about it.

Mom2Gaby
10-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Good Morning -

Kathy - Where ARE you?????

I worked the weekend so couldn't get on anywhere, just work and back home.

Katy - How did your husband do in the race? My ex's son ran in it , was doing pretty good for awhile I guess the runners wore a chip and you could track their progress on the computer??? Anyway, that is what the ex said, he could be lying. lol Hope L is feeling better.

Cristina - Is your daughter visiting? I know, I am slow. I saw the pic of you 2 on FB, looked great! And yay on the weight loss.

Jules- I thought of you when Gaby asked me this, this morning......"are vampires 1/2 people and 1/2 bat??" lol....hmmm,heck if I know but Jules might. haha

Sue - Have a safe trip!! We'll miss you.

Sassy - that happened to me when I lived in Portland, being charged taxes when I lived with my mother in another city. I guess I forgot to change my address with DMV because I wasn't sure how long I was going to live there...anyway, never paid it. lol

Mindee- enjoy them while they are little!!!

I better go, errands and such. Weight is the same. Frustrated.

FrouFrou
10-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Hello all...

SUSAN...the ex isn't lying, lol, I don't think. Here with the Race for the Cure you could buy the chip for $5. We didn't do the competitive race/walk so didn't need one. Don't work too hard! Gaby is too cute! And daughter is visiting, but long term, lol...one day she will move out, I think. But then I will be lost. Gonna be bad/weird enough when the oldest goes to Columbia, Mo for college next year. House is gonna seem way too big!

SASSY...that's crazy about the city taxes...they screw ya any way they can, or try to anyway. Yes, mowing the yard is good exercise...only reason I do it, lol! There's a LOT of people, and I do mean a LOT, that use the riding mowers around here and I totally don't understand...most of them have a postage stamp size yard. It's funny to watch them try and manuever the mower...seems more of a pain to me and like it would take longer, oh well. To each his own.

Had some errands to run this morning. DH I think thought it would be funny for me to get up at 6 to go have the oil changed at 7:30! I've not gotten up that early in a while, since the weather cooled. Had to go get yesterday's pics developed also...usually just go to shutterfly but need them before I leave for my mother. I've put together a little album of Lily, mostly Lily. Somehow ended up at Hobby Lobby, lol. Anyway, now I am ready for a nap. Hoping to get some exercise done before the day is over, not sure though.

Have a great day!

RosieKate
10-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Susan - Nope ex isn't lying - David had on a chip and if I knew his number, I could go online and see where he was. I never did..home with sick kid and it just never crossed my mind. He ran it in 5:21..had to walk a little but not much. He gets a massage today...lucky b*stard, lol!

Cristina - Lily is adorable! Are you going to put some more pics up on FB? Daughter is visiting, haha...my DH and I joke that the only way he got out of his mother's house was by her selling it. Funny (and not too far from the truth, imo) I know you enjoy having your children around, so I hope they don't leave the nest too soon.

Sassy - good point. I'm sure once you show proof of residence this will all clear up, but what a pain in the meantime!

Leigh is home from school today and ornery as all get out...she MUST be feeling better! Back to school tomorrow, missy! Sorry I'm not getting to everyone but she wants to look at Oriental Trading online for Halloween stuff. I ran this morning did 4 - 8x1s (run 8 min, walk 1) working my way up to an 8k - onward! Sadly with all the indulgences, weight is the same this week. However, we have no celebrations and no $$ so this week should be better (as a far as eating goes, anyway!)

jules1216
10-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Katy--I like Oriental Trading Catalogs. We get them and Current at work. I buy more from Current. Glad Leigh is feeling better. WTG on your run.

Cristina--I was soooo depressed the Christmas before Teri graduated and went to a local university that I didn't even put up a tree that year. Hey, did you delete your myspace or just me?

SuzyQ--Gaby cracks me up...I know a vampire can turn into a bat..so one would have to be at least part bat right....I love a kid who asks questions...keeps our brains young....kinda cool about the chip..are you going to wear one at your race???

Sassy--at the swap meet there was a 63 convertable Corvair at a pretty good price...waiting for a call back to see if it's still available--I love thsoe cars--hubby's a mechanic so he will tinker with it...

well...gonna finish readin the Sookie Stackhouse book I got at the library--they are ok....everyone loves True Blood but I don't see the excitement when reading the books...

tommysgirl18
10-05-2009, 11:10 PM
just thought I would stop in while it is calm here.....

I am getting back into the habit of writing down what I eat again....the scale has gone haywire, and I need to get it back under control again!

Sassy_Chick
10-06-2009, 12:45 AM
Happy Monday Ya'all! :)

Well we went car shopping this morning. First DH went online and found a few cars that he wanted to check out. So he called the dealership and asked about them, gave the stock #'s and they said they would call back. A few minutes later they call and are all nasty and rude to him. I am like, "Listen if they don't want our money, then there are plenty of other places that do." So we went back to the Kia dealer where we bought our new car. We found an 04' Kia Sedona Minivan. That is what his mom has too. At first we saw a Pontiac Montana Minivan that was just under $3,000. But we found out that they will not finance anything under $7,500 and we don't have a few thousand dollars lying around. So that is when the salesman showed us the Mini Van which is around $8,000 still has low mileage and still has the remainder of the warranty on it. So not sure what we will be doing.

Suzy Q -- Yeah I think a lot of cities are doing it because they are so hard up for money right now. That is probably why they sent it to us because we didn't change our address on our licenses right away either.

Cristina -- Definitely they have to get ya or try too get ya anyway they can. Yeah I see a lot of people that use a stupid riding lawn mower than just get the push mower out with just a teeny tiny piece of land. I'm from the country so I know what a lot of land is. lol. Our neighbor had 5 acres to mow and that definitely qualifies for a rider! lol. The only reason my dad used one is he already had it from our old house that we had 3 acres. I also remember when my mom and I lived in town, our neighbor mowed their lawn with one of those old fashioned lawn mowers with no motor! I was like you go guy! lol. I totally need to go to Michael or Hobby lobby and get some stuff for decorating for fall since we have a cute house and all.

Jules -- AW I hope you get the car! :crossed: There was a very cute yellow Chevy Aveo at the dealership that I fell in :love: with but DH said no way. But its so darn cute! I told him it could be my car and he could have the brand new Kia we just bought a few months ago! Yeah he still didn't go for it. Go figure! lol. Then they had Chargers there too........I am like "They are killing me here!" lol. I'm still reading "The Tenth Circle." I am not even halfway yet. Not that its a bad book, just I dunno not into reading right now.

Mindee -- Yeah me too. So far I have stayed the same, well I technically lost a 1/2 a pound, but still no real progress and need to get on the ball!

Mom2Gaby
10-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Good Morning -

Sassy - Purchasing a car is waaaay too stressful for me. Hope you all find the perfect car for you! The ex has a neighbor that is going home to London and is selling a 93 Mazda for $1000, thinking Becky or her bf will buy it....they'll sell it for $800 to them, that is nice!

Cristina - Did the daughter just get there?? Was she always there?? You never mention her much, I am confused :dizzy: lol anyway, sounds like fun. yay for getting the work done of the car!

Jules- Gaby's pretty sharp, she was going on and on about birds the other day and I said "wow, you know a lot about birds" and she replies matter of fact "I watch animal planet".....like, duh, of course.
This morning we were watching in Kenya baby turtles trying to make their way to the ocean alive what with the crab's and other wildlife attacking them (after the birds finding the eggs and breaking them open and killing them -ugh) and Gaby just sat there unfazed. It's like she is taking in all the knowledge or some wierd thing. lol And no, I am not doing any chip, I won't be going fast enough to keep track of....haha

Katy - Always impressed w/ your running! Good for you and nice to hear L is feeling better!

:wave: to Mindee, Sue, Francie and MIA Kathy!!

Off to do errands before work. I am down a pound!! :dance: thrilled w/ that.

FrouFrou
10-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Happy Tuesday All!

I feel so groggy! This is what happens when I sleep late, late for me anyway.

SUSAN...daughter lives at home and I don't see her going anywhere soon, which is fine with me. But one day she will, I think. I do mention her...lots! She is kinda attached at the hip, lol...we do a lot together. Gaby is too cute!

JULES...sorry, I forgot to mention I deleted my myspace page. Meant to mention it on facebook so no one would think I just deleted them, oops. I've not been going there much at all and it wasn't thought thru...remembered a couple of people that are not on FB and then wanted to look something up on someone's page yesterday and remembered. So tried to sign in yesterday and it said the page was gone. Anyway, it wasn's you :hug: I will probabaly be the same when the kids move out, I will definitely be lost.

KATY...lol about the hubby. Yeah, I never thought the kids would be here still at the age. I moved out when I was 19 so...we don't mind though and they are going to school so. The oldest has a hard enough time trying to get work to fit his school schedule and his qualification's. Right now though I think he's not worried about it because he's going to Columbia next Fall to start his studies there. And part of the program is teaching and if he lives on campus he will get that paid for. Anyway...glad Leigh is feeling better and good job on the running. :carrot:

MINDEE... I hear ya...put on a few pounds myself and working on getting those off again. I am going back to concentrating on being healthy and not so much the losing weight. I just hate that sometimes my life revolves around losing weight, it sux! But then it is an everyday struggle so.

SASSY...the van sounds great! Nice try on the aveo, lol!

Hello to everyone else. :wave: Hoping all is well with you all. :hug:

Nothing much planned for the day. It is another cool and windy day here in KS...I know, it's surprise, lol. Still plan a walk at the park but about 1'ish...hoping it won't be too bad, we'll see. Then I AM doing a dvd today and weights. I've got to get back on track before I get so lazy and then basically have to start over with the exercise...square one is not a fun place to be. Like I said to Mindee though, I am so tired of all this. Just wanna live and be healthy and a little less me! Of course nothing in life is ever that easy is it? Wouldn't be here if it was. Anyway...have a great day!

FrouFrou
10-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Oops! Forgot...KATY, I had pix of Lily on FB and then deleted them...not sure why I am weird about having pictures online. I do plan on adding some that I took Sunday though, will probably just leave them up for a few days so...and WTG to your hubby on the run!

Mom2Gaby
10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Cristina - I guess I don't pay attention! lol I knew you had a daughter, guess I didn't realize she actually lived with you. Or maybe you mentioned she lived with you years ago and I just assumed she had moved out by now?? lol I can't believe I have been on 3fc for 5 yrs! Yikes.

anyway, I am going to work. Plan on applying for the swing shift today, there is a full time opening up. I don't really like the hours but it'll mean $400 extra a month.

and I am zooming on coffee,,,,,when will I ever learn, I hate the feeling. :(

tommysgirl18
10-06-2009, 03:33 PM
just stopping in while I have calmness again.....the boys will be home from school soon, so that will squash the calmness!

Tommy has lodge tonight, so it is me and the kids for dinner....not sure what I will make but I will ask the boys what they want. I am thinking of maybe pot pies or something....Brandon has been a little sluggish, and he woke up at 3 this morning, so I have a feeling that he will be ready for bed early tonight. Then Marissa woke up at 6:33 this morning.....thankfully they both fell back to sleep!

Sassy_Chick
10-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi Girls.

Wow I am tired. :yawn: I was still awake at 2 pm today. (I work 3rd) Oh well at least I only have a 10 hour shift and not 12.5 anymore! You really wouldn't think that 2.5 hours a day would make a difference, but it really does!

I love getting off at 7 am. I have time to get things done before DH even gets off of work. Only crappy part is I now take out the trash on trash day since I am home before DH. :p I told him since I have picked up that chore then he can have cleaning the bathroom!!! LMAO!

Anywho, I am alone tonight. My coworker is having some family problems right now, not sure exactly what and I just hope everything is alright! I still have a major headache :headache: that I have had since this morning, probably why I could not go to sleep right away this morning. I've taken stuff too and it won't go away. I guess if it doesn't go away by the morning I have to call my dr.

Suzy Q - Yeah it is very stressful car shopping, esp with my DH because he is a challenge since he is 6'8 he cannot fit in every car. Thats a good deal on that car, I hope it works out for them!

Cristina -- Thanks. I hope we can get something real soon because tonight for ex. it is cold and rainy outside, not a good combo for riding a motorcycle. I know DH wanted the car, but with my new shift, there is really no way unless I want to wait a whole hour in the mornings waiting for him. I know what ya mean. I just want to be healthy and less of me here as well. I am tired of struggling with it. Its tough to see people around you who can drop weight really easy and here you are still struggling. Hopefully I can get it together.

Well I hope you all are doing well.

luckycharm
10-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone

Just popping in really quickly to say :wave:
I started my college course today, as that is the only way I can keep my job. I have been working extra shifts, as people have been sick. I have to say I really like night shift. 11-7am. works out really well for me (although not after I work the 7-3 shift, and I get home and they call me at 6pm to come in and work the night shift. Ya the idiot that I am I do it.)
Anyway. I hope to get back tomorrow, and I will catch up then.

SusieQ my fingers are crossed that you get your position you want, and give Gaby a hug. Too cute. Cole's birthday is in 9 days, He will be 7 already.

Cristina, Cody thinks he is moving out this weekend. Not gonna happen if DH and I have anything to do with it. We are not quite ready yet. Looking foreward to some new pictures of our little jellybean.

Ok Jules, are you and hubby thinking of buying the 63? DH has a 66 impala that is his baby parked in the garage. He did let the kids drive it for their graduations.

Mindee how is Marissa enjoying mommy time? What sort of things are you two doing?

Katy - you are doing amazing on your running. Are you and hubby planning on doing a run together?

Sassy - I hope that you get your tax error fixed quickly, and good luck on finding a car. Too bad that I am not allowed to use the computer at work, or we could chat on the nights that I work.

Well, I am going to have to get serious about losing some weight, as I have a graduation ceremony in March. Just great.

Ok I must run and crawl into bed, I am exhausted. I will be back tomorrow.

Mom2Gaby
10-07-2009, 12:29 PM
YAY....Kathy! We missed you. Ick to all your odd working hours. Sounds like it is going great for you though. I applied for the shift change yesterday, we'll see. I really want full time and with the hours I could do some college classes. I wanted to try for a Medical Assistants cert which takes a year. I wish Gab was turning 7! I tell her to stop growing. :(

Sassy - You have odd hours to! I guess I should stop whining on a 3 to 1130 shift. I feel like I will be in the pit of **** with those hours but I guess I wouldn't be too bad. lol Wow, you sweety is tall!!

I am just on the run. Always something to do, hope you all have a great Wednesday. :carrot:

tommysgirl18
10-07-2009, 02:57 PM
it is still quiet and calm for now.......so I figured that I would pop in here to see how every one is doing.....

I am still looking into schools online, and I actually got something in the mail from a place that I sent for information from yesterday. for $1300 I will get a career in medical billing and coding.......but we don't have the money just laying around.......

Kathy~ Marissa really doesn't get too much mommy time......she seems to think that sleeping is better! LOL But it is all good.....since Tommy is laid off right now, we have done some mommy, daddy, and Marissa trips and she has liked those.

Sassy_Chick
10-08-2009, 05:09 AM
hi all.

just stopping in. I am sick. I was fine when I went to bed yesterday morning after work, then I woke up at about 4 pm sick. :barf: I went back to bed and a little bit later got sick again. so I called off even though it kinda put my boss in a spot because my coworker and her family situation, she is off tonight so he had to find someone. but u know what I have never done that to him before ever, this is the first and at least I called him 4 hours early so he could find someone.

Anywho DH texted me he is sick too. They have a coworker who has been out who is VERY sick with 105 degree temp. They don't know yet if his coworker has the h1n1 virus or not, Lord I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!

I will do indies later or something..........

Mom2Gaby
10-08-2009, 12:25 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/FerdiLynn/happy%20birthday/Sue.gif

Mom2Gaby
10-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Good Morning -

Sue - Sorry to be belated! Glad to know you are having a fun trip!

Sassy - So, do not want h1n1, hope co worker dosn't have it. Hope too that you feel better!

Mindee- I am w/ Marissa,,,,sleeping is the bomb! :)

FrouFrou
10-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Sassy...feel better soon! :hug:

Kathy...try not to work too hard! Gald you are liking your job and good luck with college!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Just finished my lunch of Subway...was out and about and missed breakfast so I was starving! Ugly, rainy day here so no walking outdoors. Working on getting laundry done and that's about it.

Have a good day!

tommysgirl18
10-09-2009, 04:35 PM
just thought I would pop in to see how every one is doing.....

we went out with Marissa, as a daddy, mommy and Marissa day. we had McDonald's for lunch, and me and Tommy both felt really icky after eating it.....I guess that means that we can't eat McDonal's anymore! That or we are getting so sick of eating fast food!

now we are trying to figure out what we are going to do for dinner. I had to recreate my account for logging into the computer.....I think my other one got a virus or something on it......it wasn't letting me online or anything....so I backed up all my pictures onto disks and opened up a new one.

jules1216
10-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Happy bday Sue!!

Boy..am I behind in my posts or what...had to go get a new vaccum cleaner..ended up with a Bissel bagless on sale at Walmart. Was supposed to pickup Dominic around one but JR's mom still had him. Havven't heard from Teri again yet...hoping we still get him!!

luckycharm
10-09-2009, 09:20 PM
:bday2you: Sue. I hope you have a great day.

Must run, I'll be back later.

Sassy_Chick
10-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Hey all.

The blood test was negative and I kinda already figured it would be since the 3 negative hpts. This is the first day that I have felt "ok" Well good news and bad news. Good news is I don't have H1N1 bad news is that DH's coworker was confirmed with it and I found out that one of my friends kids have it as well. Scary stuff!

Nothing new here. Haven't heard boo from my coworker (the one with the family situation) so I dunno what is going on.

Happy Belated Bday, Sue! I hope it was Great!

RosieKate
10-10-2009, 10:12 AM
I fell behind with the food diaries, but will try to do better. Weight holding steady. Yesterday we went to an apple tasting at a local nursery, so then I baked a pie. It was so good! We ended up with 20 lbs of apples. Some are going to the MIL, and some went into the pie..plenty left for eating. So here I am with another week of no losses. I think I need to crack down on all these "special occasions"...I seem to have one or two every week, lol!

Have a great day, ladies..I need to go run off the pie...

Mom2Gaby
10-10-2009, 11:36 AM
:dance: scale was 150.4 this morning, yippppeeeeee. What a pain in the butt though.

:wave: to Kathy, Katy, Sassy, Cristina, Mindee, Jules, Francie, and Sue!!

working weekend, so better get back to work!

jules1216
10-10-2009, 06:54 PM
SuzyQ--I wish it was as easy to lose as it is to gain...I just think about food sometimes and the scale moves up...wtg on your loss

Katy--There's an orchard that sells their apples about 3 minutes from my house..I remember Gold's Gym did a two apple a day weight loss program--so I am eating two apples and drinking water

Sassy--scary..hope you and hubby don't catch it!!

Kathy--miss seeing you...I guess work keeps you busy--did I see on facebook that you are alreadt getting snow!!!!

well, I can't seem to stay on the computer for long today....the boys want my attention

jules1216
10-11-2009, 08:06 AM
the boys are still sleeping...the dog woke me up...I guess i will have to read...got some new books at the library. A Paul Newman autobiography, a thriller by an author Karen Rose which is actually pretty good, but turns out to be another series, I tried to get the beginning of the series from last week...I said I wasn't going to buy any new books...but I guess I am...Teri will like the Brotherhood of the Dagger books..

And Ayn Rand...couldn't find Atlas Shrugged so I am going with The Fountainhead...

jules1216
10-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Hope everyone is having a fun weekend. Stacked wood. Did a load of whites. I still love the new washer. We didn't end up going to the Apple Butter Festival. The colors are beautiful on our property--lots oranges and yelows among the still green. Dominic is napping, I think I wil go read some more.

jules1216
10-11-2009, 03:13 PM
PS SuzyQ--there are all kinds of federal grants out there for single moms...you should check it out and get the Medical Assistants certification!!

Mom2Gaby
10-11-2009, 04:02 PM
awww, thanks for thinking of me Jules. :) I'll look into the grants available, also chat w/ HR because the hospital will reimburse back the $$ once you successfully complete any courses that advance you in the medical field.
2 more hours and I am done w/ this work weekend! It was time and a half, so can't complain too much.
And, ya. Why do it is so easy to gain and so hard to lose or keep it off! Not fair! ;0)
I bought some beatiful gala apples, I can manage 1 apple a day but 2 is icky for me. ;0)
I bet it is awesome back in Virginia Jules with the colors changing and all.

k- better get!
:wave: to everyone

tommysgirl18
10-12-2009, 12:59 PM
just thought I would see how every one is doing......we are about to take Marissa's shoes back.....we bought them two weeks ago and they are already falling apart!

the boys are in school, and we are off to walmart......then who knows when we get back.

I have been talking a lot with my oldest sister right now......she is going through a divorce, so we have been talking to her and helping her out when we can.

Mom2Gaby
10-12-2009, 04:36 PM
You're a good sister Mindee :)

:dance: yes, to 150! Quit the night snacking, worth it! I guess. ;0)

FrouFrou
10-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Hello...

Susan...good job on the 150! :yay:

Mindee...sorry about your sis's marriage/divorce.

Sassy...be careful. I don't really worry about getting the flu for myself but then I don't work around others. Guess just going out in public is scary enough.

Jules...beat it IS beautiful there with all the trees changing. I love the colors of fall. Glad you are loving your washer...I don't care for mine. Was hoping it would fall apart or break so I can get a new top loader, lol.

Katy...this is a bad time of year for sure for weight loss. Bet the apple pie was great and worth it!

Kathy...hope you are not working too hard and get some me time.

Nothing going on here in the land of oz. Was supposed to be in Ar until tomorrow but thanks to my nephew it didn't happen. Guess I will have to make it some other time...always something messing up the plans. So dd and I are going to take a day trip, possibly two to KC Wed or Thurs, just a little get away.

Hoping all is well with everyone and you all are having a great day. :hug:

tommysgirl18
10-12-2009, 10:59 PM
stopping in while I have time to relax.........

I just got done cleaning the kitchen counters, the small couch in the living room, and now the bar.........I am tired, but I have worked up an appetite........not sure what I am going to make....but it will be something yummy!

Sassy_Chick
10-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

Well I went to the Dr. and got my lab results back and they were ALL good! :carrot: Even my Dr. was impressed! My A1C (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycated_hemoglobin) is 6.5, which for Diabetics is good. They like it to be under 7. Normal range for normal people is 4%–5.9%. My Cholesterol (http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4500) was 181, which is not GREAT but it is good. (Under 200 is normal but they the lower the # the lower risk you have of heart disease.) My HDL was 36 or something which is good (Under 40 is ideal) and my LDL was 100 and something, which isn't great (they consider under 100 ideal) but he said wasn't awful. My Thyroid, Liver and Kidney Levels were all normal. Just a little health class lesson there. lmao. I included a link for A1C and Cholesterol info in case some of you are not sure about it. ;) Anywho I am just stoked about everything being good. I thought for sure it was going to be bad and my dr even thought it was gonna be a lot worse and was very very impressed by my results. He said that if I lose even more weight that the numbers should dwindle even lower!!! :D

Still no AF or sign of her anywhere in sight. But I have an appointment with my gyn. on Nov. 5th. She probably will give me some Provera (medicine to jump start my period). While I am there gonna get some names of fertility specialists since mine retired.

Well that is about all on my end.

Have a Great Day!!!

tommysgirl18
10-13-2009, 01:28 AM
well, I managed to get the evites out to the people that I have email addresses for for Logan's birthday party! can't believe that he is going to be 4 already.......time is moving just too quickly for me! (I am wanting another one more and more each day)

Sassy~ That is great news on your bloodwork!!!!! we got our numbers done last year when we had insurance through Tommy's work....I was suprised that both of our levels came back normal.

Mom2Gaby
10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Good Morning -

Sassy- Great about the clean bill of health! Good for you. :carrot:

Cristina - lol -you're so funny. Sorry the plans were messed with ...s.o.b relatives! haha. Thanks, I think if I starve myself I should see 140 by Thanksgiving((jk)). Weight loss is a pain. I did have a small portion of sloppy joes last night with some of Gaby's cheap white bread, it was so good. West Virginia would be a wonderful place to visit , don't you think?? So pretty.

anyway *sigh.....I think I will go step on and off the scale a few times and see if it changes. Obsessive comes to mind.haha

FrouFrou
10-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Hello ladies...

Susan...my thoughts exactly! The woman jumps when he says jump, whatevah! I'm about ready to starve myself too! So tired of this weight crap but I know it's my life now, I will never give up. Sloppy joe's are goooood! And yes, WV would be a great trip! It is definitely beautiful country!

Sassy...glad to hear your results!

Mindee...wanna come an dclean my house?!

Went to see Zombieland today, too funny, kinda dumb but still funny. Had errands to run this morning and got a long walk done at the mall before all the stores opened. Such a great way to walk for free when the weather is bad. Other than that, not much going on. Getting ready to do some laundry and possibly a dvd...my body is hurting from non-exercise!

Have a good one all!

jules1216
10-13-2009, 08:29 PM
SuzyQ & Cristina--if I had the spare beds you could both come and stay with me!! You'd have to put up with grumpy hubby and my growlhead dog.. Then we could drive a few hours and go to the bay and pick up Francie. My mom is going with her church retirees group down to Skyline Dr in Virgina--hope she gets to see some nice colors. It's COLD already...it's not suppossed to be cold for another month....

Cristina--Teri thought Zombieland was funny but predictable...she says Ry would like it better than she did. Added you back on Myspace...

SuzyQ--I keep stepping on the scale hoping for a better answer....it keeps saying the same terrible thing...it's going to start groaning next....

Mindee--sorry about your sister. Can't believe Logan is 4 already!! How is he liking school? Is Marissa used to them leaving yet?

Sassy--glad your results came back good!! still got my fingers crossed??

Sue--are you back yet!!

Katy, Kathy & Francie--hope all is well...

I am going to read the rest of my book and settle in to bed....

Sassy_Chick
10-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey Ladies. :wave:

Well guess who decided to pay me a visit 2 months later??? Any guesses? Anybody???? Yup AF arrived lovingly today before I went into work. Aren't I lucky??? lol. Now I dunno if this will be a full cycle or not, but hey its a start and I'll take it! lol. I think I will still go to my gyn appt. though. Because its just weird that my AF just stopped when it was going so regular.

Thanks everybody. I am so happy my results came back so good. That means a lot to me. Now if I could just budge the scale down a bit that would awesome! I know I know I have to get off my BIG HUGE bee-hind and exercise. That is ultimately what it comes down too. DH & I are debating where to put the treadmill that FIL is giving us. It is HUGE and it does not fold up, so we dunno where to put it but I think we def need it. That way its right there, don't have to worry about weather or nothing.

I think I just need to get into a routine again. I used to have a routine back in the day. I would get up go to work, then come home and work out, shower, then do whatever I needed to do and then go to bed. So maybe that is what I need to do now. Because I have never been one to wake up early even if I do work nights its the same concept. I'd rather stay up and get whatever it is done then have to get up early.

I have a great idea on how to decorate for Halloween. I get e-newsletters from GoodHousekeeping and they had a cute idea that I wanna try since we have a house and all. http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/holiday-ideas/halloween-decorations?src=nl&mag=ghk&list=gga&kw=ist (Its the 1st picture) So wish me luck. I think I am gonna try to recruit my mil to help me on it since we get the pumpkins right up the street from their house anyways. What are any of you or your kids or grandkids dressing up as??? I am debating about whether to dress up or not to hand out candy. It'd be nice because its our first Halloween in this neighborhood and there are lots of children so we plan on handing out candy. I was thinking DH and I could dress up and sit outside on the porch (with our cool decorations) and hand out candy.

RosieKate
10-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi all- quickie here as I have to go to the dentist in a few.
WI same again..to be expected as I haven't been devoting myself to weight loss this last week. I've been hit with a bad few nights, sleepwise, and its always hard to focus on not snacking when I am sleep deprived. I am trying harder. Plan on getting a run in after the dentist. Had a piece of Dave's Killer bread, toasted, 1 cup of cooked spinach and one egg, fried non-stick for breakfast. The plan is to have a smoothie for lunch.

Hope everybody has a great day!

Mom2Gaby
10-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Good Morning -

I think I have become bored with life, again. It happens every few months. I need to get broaden my world beyond HLN and TLC. I hate to think I actually have come to like Jon and Kate. I am always behind the times! Argh.

Jules - Cristina & I don't need beds (like how I speak for you Cristina?? hehe) just stick us on the back porch or something. I want to travel.

Katy - Homemade bread, yum. You think the weight would be dripping off of you with the running you do. I would be so pissed. lol

Cristina - Whats Zombieland? You wanna fast for a couple of days? I can starve for 5 days, how bout you?? .......lol I am JOKING. We are going to get kicked out of here if we aren't sensible...*eyes roll*.....I think I will go pick up a WW magazine and center.

Sassy - You going to do the first picture? I saw it, waaaay cute.

I better get. I have cat hair alllll over my house, need to clean it up.

Chat more later.

Sassy_Chick
10-15-2009, 04:29 AM
Hola Amigas!

Well AF is still here and kicking! Oh well hopefully she will be gone by the weekend so that when I am on vacation next week I won't have to deal her! lol. BTW we aren't going no where. lol. I told DH I dunno why we even say we are gonna go anywhere because we NEVER end up going! lol. Basically we are "old fougies" who like to sleep in our own bed and watch our own nice tv in the comfort of our own home. lol. So maybe do a day trip or something. Plus we have our tax thingy this morning. :rolleyes: Hopefully all will go well.

Suzy Q -- Thanks. I hope that I can do it!!! :crossed:

Sassy_Chick
10-15-2009, 10:14 AM
You know sometimes I honestly have to wonder why I even try! :cry:

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/271/271038xxqw6rw2fn.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

FrouFrou
10-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Hello, hello...

SASSY...hoping all is well with you. You seemed happy in the one post and then sad in the next...hugs. :hug: Love the decorations! I don't bother with Halloween other than a flag/banner. But I do put up a fall wreath and some flowers-mums, that's about it anymore, guess I'm just not into it as much as when I was young. But Christmas is a nuther story! I was gonna hide out for Halloween, lol. Would have been my first time ever doing it and then DIL asked if they were coming over for Halloween I said "I don't know, are you?" Lol...so they are darn it, lol. She's dressing the kids up as Belle for Cambrie, John Cena for Chase and a little punkin for Lily. Oh, and it's not that I don't want to see them...I enjoy the kids, just not sure why she thinks if she does a hour with her mother and the kids trick or treating she has to do a hour or so here, lol. Don't really count Halloween as a holiday.

SUSAN...yep, who the heck needs a bed, I have a car, lmao! Yeah, I wish I could do a 5 day starving fast...maybe I would lose some weight. Don't know if it's the weather that has zapped my energy or just me not getting any exercise. Lately though I've had no energy and just want to sleep! I just watched the Biggest Loser for the first time this season to hopefully get motivated...didn't want to see it at first and thought it helped before. Even though I know they are not losing weight the healthy way, still inspires me. And I did subscribe to WW magazine, lol-gotta do something. I gained some back and I refuse to gain more, worked too hard to get all that I got off and don't want to end up back where I was. Zombieland is a goofy movie...but it was funny. Really don't care for movies like that but I heard it was funny and I love a good comedy.

JULES...sounds like a plan to me. Susan can meet me here and then we can drive the rest of the way together. You know, seriously though, we SHOULD make some plans for a get together on the east coast ladies, maybe next spring/summer. Would really be nice.

KATY...have fun at the dentist ;)

HIYA KATHY, FRANCIE, SUE, MINDEE and anyone and everyone else :wave:

Got in a workout and a load of clothes done. As well as the grocery shopping. Just sitting around wasting time now until 4. Josh's truck is being stupid and Charlotte needed their vehicle so I'm picking him up from work and taking him home, not sure why she can't since she did take him. Oh well, doesn't matter, just another opportunity to see my little Lily...can't get enough of that sweet baby. Just went over their house yesterday and took Charlotte some Subway and visited some. Of course everytime I am there she is sleeping...always sleeping.

Hoping all is well with you all in your little corner of the world! :hug:

suetalks
10-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I am back and trying to get in the swing of everyday life. Oh, I could so be a constant traveler....Well, maybe not, I do love my own bed. Must say though that the bed at DD's house was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. It had a memory foam topper on it.

I went for a hair-cut this a.m. and to get mom's medicine. Then home for lunch and off again to the grocery. Ugh...I am pooped now.

Nothing planned for the week-end, How about you?

Sassy_Chick
10-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Hi All. :wave:

Sorry about my post. Also I know my post before it was "happier" but if you see the times, I posted the 1st one like at 4:30 am, the 2nd one was at 10:14 am so its not like I am Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde. LOL!! Just an FYI. lol! I just let something get to me and I usually don't let that happen, at least I don't "publicize" it. I dunno just felt sad and felt like sharing? :shrug: Anywho very sorry and won't let let it happen anymore and I am ok now. ;)

I wanted to share with you all a Sugar Free Dessert I found that is Yummy! They are Jello Mousse Temptations (http://brands.kraftfoods.com/jello/). I tried the Caramel. WONDERFUL and only 60 Calories! :D Now coming from me, that is HUGE because I normally HATE everything sugar free. But these are good. Even my DH liked them! They are back in the dairy section by the other puddings, at least that is where they were at Wal-Mart. I included a link to the Jello Site, they are on the first page and even have a 50 cent coupon, so try them! I split them with my coworker since she is watching her weight too. Now just a little FYI on the coupon. First be sure you have your Pop Up blocker off otherwise you won't be able to see it. Second, you have to install the coupon thingy to get it, but you can uninstall it after your done.

Anywho.........we are going Van hunting today for DH, wish us luck!!! :D

Big :hug: to anybody who may need them today. I know I certainly could have used one yesterday! Sometimes we all could just use one! Its tough to be "Happy" every single day. Have a Wonderful Day!!! :)

P.S. I just love my new avatars.......Esp the Witch one! HEE HEE HEE!! :lol3:

jules1216
10-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Sassy--I let things get to me sometimes myself. I think I am just naive...my brain is just not wired the same way some other peoples are and then I am shocked and/or hurt alot. Good luck with the van hunting-they sold my Corvair :(...oh well want to get a new mattress and bedroom set first--ours is REALLY old...the mattress is bad....ps I started a week earlier than the week earlier I was last month--crazy stuff--I am hoping I am close to being done with this...

Sue--glad you are back safe and had a great trip. Now it's getting back into the routine...it's Friday routine for me...all my errands...post office...no library since that was last week..groceries and pick up Dominic. It seems so weird not to be dropping off loan payments at the bank...but so nice...

Cristina--it would be fun to all get together...it seems like life and finances aways seem to get in the way. How's little Lillian besides sleepy? SHe will be crawling before you know it...they don't seem to stay little for long. Are her siblings adjusting?

SuzyQ--We have a pop up camper in the woods...Since I am taking this class I am missing Grey's Anatomy and Cold Case got moved to 10PM on Sundays, after Dominic goes home on Sunday I am too tired to stay up that late and get up before 6Am om Monday, so I haven't been watching much tv--hubby has taken it over--I like some of the stuff he likes but not all, so I have been reading or on the computer. i have never watched Jon and Kate....I do feel sorry for the kids especially the two older girls.

Katy--I am hpping the new mattress will help the sleeping for me..I sleep I just don't always feel like it when I get up...I think we have made a final decision on what we want....we will see.

Mindee--what day is Logan's party??? How are they liking school??

well, off to begin my day!! Hugs to all

Kathy--come post!!

Mom2Gaby
10-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Good Morning -

Sassy - {{hug}} you never have to not share! Sorry you were feeling down.

I am pissed because I wanted $250 in FREE groceries and I give my email and phone number and all I have to do is sign up for 2 items at the end which requires BUYING something with a credit card and heck if I carry that tuff around with me since I bum computer time. So, whatever. Now my info is out.......course I didn't give my real #...haha.

:wave: to Cristina, Jules, Sue, Mindee, Katy, Francie and MIA Kathy!!

I have to get ready for work. Annoyed because I am back to 151. Swear. I am So ANNOYED.

suetalks
10-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Good afternoon...My life is sooo boring. Days like today I guess I like it that way. :) It is chilly and overcast and I don't have to leave the house. Was going to the mall, but decided on tomorrow instead since there is a Health fair there today. Hate big crowds.
Soooo, I popped beef stew in the crock-pot. Cleaned the kitchen and installed my new printer. Booorrriiinnnggg..

I am missing some baby Mason squeezes as I have not seen him since before the trip. I am going to go tomorrow and look for a high chair for him.

Shopping for some winter tops and a warm light weight jacket..if there is such a thing. I can not stand big heavy coats. Now I can not even wear sweatshirts...get way too hot indoors in them. So, hopefully I can find long sleeved tops that are not as heavy. I am pretty picky, so i usually end up with layers... I hate hot flashes and old age. Grrr..

Trying to eat right and hopefully will get some exercise this afternoon. I have the trampoline and the Walk tapes ready to go..... I know I gained and won't weigh until Mon.

Okay chickies, I am going to go work on storing the summer clothes. I want to get a bag going for Goodwill...things I have worn for years and years and am just sick of. And a few that don't fit anymore.

Hope you all have a great week-end. I have nothing planned.

tommysgirl18
10-17-2009, 02:00 AM
just trying to figure out how to get some more music downloaded again....I uninstalled the program that we were using and now it isn't letting me upload it again. SO I am trying to figure out what to do because I have some things that I want to add on there and everything!

Logan is going to be 4, and I can't believe it! His party is going to be on November 7th since it is the first Saturday after Logan's birthday.....that isn't Halloween! they are loving school.....although I was just informed on Friday that he is getting into a habit of standing up on the seats on the bus. and the bus driver informed me that if he does it again, she is going to have to write him up.....so we are going to make sure that we are outside when the bus arrives on Monday to see how his seat is done up and how he can get out of it.

jules1216
10-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Dominic's got a runny nose and cough....we will just be hanging around the house...it's gonna be a cold rainy weekend any way....

Sassy_Chick
10-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Hey Chicks.

Sooooooo tired. :yawn: Our sleep schedule is so messed up since we're on vacation. lol. We were up all day yesterday after waking up at 12:30 am. We didn't get to bed until like 8 or 9 pm, I dunno how we managed to stay awake ALL day! So then we go to bed and then wake up at 3 am! :faint: So we've been up ever since and I'm exhausted. DH went out to get his prescriptions and to go to yet another car dealership. Yesterday was just not a good day. The car dealership we went too were complete a-holes! Talked to us like we were 18 year old kids! I was sooooooooo p.oed when we got out of there! The dude there told us, "If you were my brother (speaking to my DH) I would tell you to just stop." (stop looking) Well thats just great what is my DH supposed to do when it starts snowing? Put chains on his motorcycle tires? We don't have bad credit, don't have the best in the world, but its not bad. The problem is we have two open loans. One for our new car and one for his motorcycle. The banks cannot get it through their heads that the loan for the motorcycle is for a MOTORCYCLE and not a car!

I understand there is a freakin' recession but dammit people my DH NEEDS a car and a reliable one not one we have to worry about breaking down! We don't want a brand new car, but not an old beater that we have to worry about breaking down either. We plan on paying it off or most of it off in Feb when he gets his bonus, but we cannot wait until Feb as you all know. So I dunno. But I just could not stand to go to yet another car dealership. He's only going to this one because his mom's friend's sister went there and she has really bad credit and got a car. So this is basically our last chance. Now should my DH have thought about this a lot sooner? Yes he should have. Did me and his parents both tell him that he needed to get a car? Yes we did. But we all do things like that, its human nature. The fact is my husband NEEDS a car and with my new work schedule we cannot share the car anymore. Yes he can drop me off, but I am not waiting at work for an entire hour for him to come and get me and I'm sorry I am not walking home in the dead of winter on VERY busy streets and its miles away. I could ask my coworker to drop me off but I do NOT want to rely on her because she is not the most reliable and I just do not want to do it. I will if I absolutely have too. I will. But I hope we find an answer.

Anywho sorry for complaining but its so freaking frustrating! I just wish my work would let me work from home and all our problems would go away! lol.

We got our pumpkins. Didn't get the stuff to do that decorations I wanted, just figured we'd just do the standard pumpkin carving this year maybe next year we can do the other thing.

Oh yeah if all that wasn't enough to have a bad day, someone hit our car and took off while we were in IKEA yesterday! Its not bad and infact can most likely be buffed out, but it still p's me off that someone would hit us and just take off! And its a BRAND NEW CAR! GGGGRRRRR! So we did file a police report just so its on record.

Anyways...........Thanks all for your kind words and support as always! :hug:

tommysgirl18
10-17-2009, 04:36 PM
just thought I would pop in here while I have a chance to......Tommy is going to make some yummy italian chicken and rice pilaf for dinner! then we are going to go see my sister at the bowling alley later on.......

I am still trying to figure out a site to get some music for my mp3 player.

Mom2Gaby
10-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Good Morning :dance:

I weighed in at 149.2! yeah....changed the ticker, figure close enough. :D

Jules - how is Dominic today?:hug:

Cristina - I was going to say that there is a co worker that takes off for Halloween, it's her favorite holiday. Another co-w was asking what she does since she lives out in the country, probbaly doesn't get much trick or treaters. I think she just does her candles and sips wine all evening, at least that is what she talks about doing. lol

anyway, not too chatty. 4 days on and tody is a day off, TOM has visited and he needs to LEAVE now!

check in later.

:wave: to everyone!! Glad you are back Sue!

EDITED omg- my next post is 3000!! yeah,.......

suetalks
10-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Happy Monday to you all...as it leaves us and turns into Tuesday. Ha..
Busy wash day here then a family thingy this afternoon and evening. I did get to hug and love on Mason this morning. He is so cute... I saw him very briefly Sat. and he reached right out for me. :)
Got plans for all day tomorrow...drug store, take mom for a hair cut and home to work in the yard for one last time.
Wed. is mom's Dr. appt and lunch out with her. The rest of the week is pretty empty.

I have started my way back to exercising...so hope I am not sore tomorrow. :)

suetalks
10-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Good morning..almost afternoon. :)
Yesterday mom was ill, so the hair appt. got pushed back and I only ran to the drugstore and bank. I did get the yard work done..cutting things back and such. I didn't feel tip top...so I played on the computer too much!
Today is Dr. day for mom and then just trying to pick up around the house and clean bathrooms. I am making meatloaf for dinner. Nice big salad for me too. I am the only one who wants salad all the time.
Going to get in a walk since it is much warmer today..and sunny..yay!

Hope you are all well and enjoying your Hump Day. Now the week will slide right into the week-end. Do you have any plans? We have a family card game Sat. night so I have to decide on a dish to take. We always have a pitch in...good food and lots of fun.

We made our plan for 3 weeks in San Diego and got the dates for mid Jan. So I know I will get out of the cold winter for that long. :)

FrouFrou
10-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Hello chickies!

JULES...hope little Dominic is feeling better, and hope it's not that horrible flu that's going around. He is growing too fast, and still as cute as a button!

SASSY...hugs, hope the hubby can find/get a car soon. Seems like such a pain. And ditto what Susan said...we are here for you and NO ONE is 100% happy, I don't think, lol...I know for sure I am not.

SUSAN...yay :carrot: I weighed last Sat and was up a pound, ugh. But back on track and better see a loss...even trying to cut out my diet coke. Been drinking lots of tea and water. Love your avatar! Funny about your co-worker and Halloween, lol.

MINDEE...hope you get it figured out. I know nothing about loading the music, I have daughter do it on my ipod shuffle...she does it for her iPod nano and now I bought Chase an iPod shuffle for Christmas and Charlotte wants a tutorial from daughter, lol. Anyway...can't believe Logan is gonna be 4! The kids are growing up too fast aren't they?

SUE...glad to see you home. Hope your mom feels better soon.

KATHY...hoping all is well with you and the family.

KATY...ditto...hoping all is well with you and yours too!

Well, I should have been in Kansas City today, lol...kinda funny to me now. Every time we plan to go something is up, lol. Monday was planned but the places we were going to are only open Tues-Sun and then Wed-Sun. So decided no matter what we were going today, lol...well, it's raining and I don't want to drive in the rain to and fro...supposed to be thunderstorms in KC...just don't want to run from place to place trying not to get soaked so...knock on wood, we are going Friday, lol. Anyway, so my lazy arse slept until 11. Well, it was actually 10 and I watched Price is Right so didn't get out of bed until 11. Figured what the heck nothing to do today. Going to do an exercise dvd and some weights and then some more scrapbooking. Ummm, Lily is not even a month old and the scrapbook is almost full, lol. I'll just do once a year pictures after this. And then school pictures for the steps. Anywho...

Hoping everyone is having a great day! :hug:

suetalks
10-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Had some disheartening news at mom's appt. She has to go back Fri. for blood work and more heart scans. Dr. gives you two scenarios, one not so bad, one not so good. Then you have to wait for a couple days to find out which it is. Grrrr. Just keep the good thought for us please.

On a happier note, the Extreme Makeover family was announced today. DD and DGD went to the pep rally last week, then to the breakfast today. They did the march to the home and got filmed. Son-in-law should be right out front...as are the people/families involved with his employeer's co. The news is out that the celebrity involved will be David Cook and DD, DGD are very excited. SIL will be at the building site night and day most likely until the reveal next Wed. It all sounds very busy. DGD got her picture with Paulie and spoke to Ty. She was happy. (I only know Ty, don't know Paulie...but she was excited.) So, that is my news for the day. It was funny...I read on the website who the celebrity was and called DD thinking they had announced it...well, I got to tell her it was David Cook...she and DGD squealed. Haha... Oh to be young...

I am going to make meatloaf for dinner and try to finish up some work. Cristina, sorry your trip is not panning out for you. Better luck on Fri. :) Sassy- Loved the new SUV pics. on FB.

tommysgirl18
10-21-2009, 05:31 PM
just thought I would get on here while I can.....the kids are playing, Tommy is cooking dinner, and I am putzing around online!

today was day two of working out on the Wii Fit. we have Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's, as our work out days. I work out on the Wii Fit, and Tommy works out at the gym. He informed me that the gym has a day care place, but we can't afford two memberships, so this is working out well for us now! When I stepped on the Wii Fit for the first time last Friday, in about 3 months, it told me that I had gone up 11.5 pounds.....today, I was told that I have lost another 1.5 pounds....so I am already down 3 pounds since then!

I have limited myself to one coke a day, and if I need it I will have a squirt. The rest of the time I am drinking water. I have a jug that is, I believe, 26 oz. and I am on the second one for today. I made this into Iced Tea.....and I will make another one with iced tea after I finish this one. I have noticed a difference already in the way my jeans and shirts are fitting......and so I am determined to keep up with it!

Sue~ I forgot that you had mentioned that about your SIL......when are they airing that episode? We are very into that show and never miss an episode! which state is it in?

suetalks
10-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Mindee- It is in Bunker Hill Indiana. The air date will be in January...I will be sure to post the exact date. I will go to FB and share the link to the site where they are putting up all the notices and such. It tells the story of the family and I am assuming they will post pictures all week. My daughter and grand-daughter are still excited tonight from the day.

Good for you with the Wii Fit. I was going to buy one for my DGS in CA. I had read that the Wii Fit was on special for $69. but never saw one.

tommysgirl18
10-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Sue~ Thanks for the nice words.....and thanks for the info! I will be looking forward to that episode. That is a great deal for the Wii Fit, if you can find it for that price.

luckycharm
10-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Hi everyone

Just popping in really quick to catch up on what everyone is doing.

Sue-I am sending good vibes and prayers for you and your mom. Mason is growing quickly.

Cristina sorry your gettaway plans are not working out for you. I hope that you get a day or two. I bet our little Lily is growing quickly. Looking foreward to seeing some more pictures.

SusieQ Yahoo on your loss. I hope that you have a relaxing day off. I don't know when my last day off was. What is Gaby going to be for Halloween?

Sassy - Your hubby found some nice wheels. Hope he enjoys driving it. How are you feeling today?

Jules how is everyone feeling in your household? How is little Dominic feeling? It is Punkins birthday today. Can't believe how fast the last 2 years went.

Mindee what are the kids going to be for Halloween?

Hi to everyone else. I have run out of time, I must run and go to work. I have been working nights, and then I have school tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

Mom2Gaby
10-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Happy Hump Day!

Oh, wait. It's Thursday, never mind. I am always behind.

Kathy - Glad you popped in! We missed you, sounds busy busy in your world. Hope you get some relaxation in between work and school. :) Gab is wanting to be a Princess. We have to go into PDX this weekend to look around for a costume.

Sue- :hug: to your mother and many prayers. I love Ty and EM, how exciting for your D & DD!

Cristina - You need to click your heels and get to Kansas! haha. Sometimes when plans keeping falling through I figure it is for a reason. Hugs and kisses to Baby Lily!

Sassy - Awesome car for you guys! I saw the photos on FB, nice!

Mindee- Kudos to drinking more water and less soda! Good for you!

Jules- How is Dominic?

Francie - Turn off the reality tv channel and come and chat w/ us! :)

Katy - Hope you and the family are well!

Back to work today. I HATE it. It has become a boring place to be. The positions that I apply for keep falling through and making me frustrated. The full time swing turned into a part time...and supervisor offered me that but made no sense to switch hours from a part time to another part time. I think my boss is dumb. lol oops......hope she is not on 3fc! whatever.

better get.

Sassy_Chick
10-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi All.

Guess I haven't posted since DH has gotten his new wheels. I posted the pics on both Myspace and Facebook. Its a 2002 Silver Dodge Durango, 4x4! ;) Its really nice and has been WELL taken care of! I am SO happy we found something! Just goes to show to not give up! If we had like the stupid salesman at one place told us too, then we would have missed out on an awesome vehicle!

I feel really crappy today. The weird part is I woke up feeling just fine. Then I cooked breakfast and ate and then BAM! So I hope its just something I ate and not me getting sick! Def not what I need when I have go back to work Sunday Night. We are supposed to go out with my mil tomorrow. Take her to the museum, they are having an Egyptian display, then we are taking her shopping since DH can push her around (in her wheel chair) at places that do not have scooters easier than my fil can. Then we all are going out to eat tomorrow night (us + both of my in-laws). So if I don't feel any better by tomorrow I am not going. :( Which I really want to go. Not really too much for the museum, but I wanna go to some of the stores we are taking my mil too. Oh well. I am not risking getting her and my fil sick. Hopefully I feel better later though!

Just seen Kathy and Susan's posts: Thanks Guys we are both so glad we found something for my DH!! ;)

FrouFrou
10-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Hello all...

SASSY...not seen the pictures yet but yay to the new durango! That's what J & C bought last year, a 2008...they bought it for more space with three kids and the car they traded actually had more space, lol. Hope you feel better and get to go out.

SUSAN...yeah, I figure that too. Of course I am not really wanting to go, lol. I prosmised daughter I would take her to the museums there for a couple years now but her BD is in Jan and it's not really prime time for driving to KC...they get a lot of snow sometimes. Anyway...hoping something comes up for ya soon.

KATHY...good to see you posting. I know with the kiddos and work it's hard to post. Hoping you are managing to get some you time.

JULES...hoping you are feeling better, and the little guy. :hug:

SUE...hugs and prayers to you and your mom. :hug:

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Did my grocery shopping this morning then ran to Penneys to see if my order is in and get Cambrie an outfit. Her momma doesn't know what size she wears and I had her a cute little outfit-jeans, shirt and a light coat that I had to take back-too big and of course they didn't have another...got it a couple of months ago. She got more this time anyway so...anyway, christmas shopping is completely done now, well, a couple fo stocking stuffers and it will be. Now I am pooped...didn't get to bed until 2 a.m. and then got up at 7 a.m. so I could get to Walmart early...don't like going there past 9'ish. That's about all I have...take care all and have a wonderful day! Stay warm!

tommysgirl18
10-22-2009, 01:58 PM
I figured that I would stop in here while I have the peace and quiet to do so! Tommy is helping a friend do some awning cleaning to make some extra money, the boys are in school, and Marissa is sleeping!

I need to get cracking on doing some research about me going to school online. I have found a site that will give me all the online schools with the programs that are of interest to me, so now I have to sit and compare and see which will be my best option!

I am also going to be going through the lists of houses that I have in my notebook that we like and see where they stand, if they are still available and if they have already been sold!

The kids are extremely excited for Halloween! Logan is more so excited for his birthday next Wednesday! It is hard to believe that I have a 5.5 year old, an almost 4 year old, and a 2.5 year old. By the way, the 2.5 year old is going on 15! Brandon wants to be Elmo again this year, Logan wants to be a bumble bee again this year, and Marissa wants to be Bedtime Bear like she was last year.......which works for us!

tommysgirl18
10-22-2009, 10:33 PM
stopping back in briefly while Tommy went to the store.......Marissa is protesting going to bed because daddy isn't here....so she is sitting next to me.

we got the boys' school pictures today....I took pictures of them with our camera and I will be uploading them soon to both myspace and facebook.

suetalks
10-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Good morning. I had to drive 30 minutes in pouring rain and dark to get mom's blood drawn this a.m. When we started home it cleared...thank goodness. Now need to go back at 2:40 to the heart Dr. I am hoping for good news, but I know she is still in distress with her heart. She is having trouble breathing and is weak. Eating well though and he wanted her hydrated so she has been slamming the water. Her heart rate is zooming and BP is low..so this is what we are battling this week. I haven't been sleeping well, so think I will try for a nap while she rests. Then off to the Dr. after lunch.
Keep the good thoughts for us and I will post when we get home. You all keep my spirits up..thank you.

tommysgirl18
10-23-2009, 04:23 PM
well, I finished my first full week on the Wii Fit. I work out on it on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Since my first time back on it last Friday, I am already down 5 pounds! (I gained 11.5 pounds in the 95 days before that when I was on last!)

Sassy_Chick
10-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Well I ended up feeling better so we went out. Had a nice day. Went to the Egyptian Exhibit at the Museum. The exhibit was kinda puny and disappointing. We watched the movie about Mummies on the OMNIMAX theater and that was kinda cool except we were surrounded by tons of school kids on a field trip. lol.

Then we went out shopping at Michaels, Jo-Anns Fabrics, Hallmark, then we went out to dinner and I had Wood-Grilled Tilapia with Crab and fresh veggies. I also shared a piece of cheesecake with everybody. It was good. :)

Now I get an email from my mother, who has not contacted me in several Months, asking me to fill out something so she can get a free tshirt and all she puts in the email is, "Hey kiddo can you please do this for me?" Nothing else. No "How are you?" nothing! I just deleted it. But it just p's me off! She didn't even call me on my birthday or anniversary. I got a bday card but that was it, guess I am lucky I got that much! My inlaws are so upset at her for constantly making me feel like garbage. :cry: I feel like my inlaws are more like my parents than my actual parents. I guess I am lucky to have them at least. Its just sad. I could call her or email her, but you know what? I am tired of ALWAYS being the one who does everything! Maybe that sounds terrible but I am! And ya know if you are a parent, how can u just "forget" about you child? Even if they are grown up and married? You are a parent for life, not just 18 years! I mean no I don't need my parents as much as I used too, but still! Am I wrong here? Please tell me, honestly. Because I feel like garbage plain and simple. :cry: Its like, "What is so wrong with me that my own mother doesn't want nothing to do with me unless she gets something out of it?" The last time she called me she kept complaining because she wanted to see her boyfriend who lives up here and was hinting for us to come down and pick her up and bring her here. Um sorry nope not doing it. We both work and don't have money to just throw out the windows for gas money. Well then her boyfriend broke up with her and you wanna know why? Because he felt like he was making ALL the effort because he ALWAYS had to drive down there and get her, she would not drive up here even when he let her drive up here several times while he was in the car. (she doesn't like to drive in the "big city" even though I do not consider where we live a "big city") After he broke up with her, she stopped calling and emailing even if I emailed her or left her a message. So you know what? I stopped trying. I don't care if someone is your mother if they do not want nothing to do with you unless they get some THING out of it, then forget it. I don't need people like that in my life thank you.

Anyways feel free to give me the cold hard truth if I am being a spoiled brat or bad daughter, then just tell me. But I honestly don't feel like I am.

Big :hug: and thanks for listening!

tommysgirl18
10-25-2009, 01:44 AM
stopping in before heading off to bed........

Tommy went into the basement to get the boys' winter jackets, and noticed something was off with our storage area in the basement. so he called me to come down the steps, and asked me if someone was in the basement recently.....I said that there were two guys cleaning the basement on Thursday, and asked him why? He then told me that someone stole his bowling shoes out of his bowling bag.

he told me that the lock was unlocked when he got down to the basement, and someone put a number tag (on our storage area only) from the inside of the cage. and we have a master lock on it, so there is only one key to it, and Tommy had it on him while he was helping a friend do some clean up on Thursday! he looked at the other storage areas, and one of the other areas looked like someone tried to break into that one too. The office manager came down to the basement and looked at it, and then said that she was going to look into it.

I told Tommy that I am going to go into the office when the guy above the office manager is in there, and I am going to let him have it! We have been here for 3.5 years and nothing had been stolen from us in that time, UNTIL the new maintenance guy got here! I am going to tell him that they need to get rid of him and get the guy that was here previous to him back, or I will go to the guy above him and keep climbing until I get something done!

suetalks
10-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Bad news, good news. Bad: I had to take mom to the ER last night due to her prolonged intestinal distress. She wasn't even keeping any of her heart meds. down and that scares me a lot. They kept her.

Good news is they got the worst problems stopped and have done numerous tests. Seems like there is infection somewhere in her body and still working on where. I suspected kidneys, but that came back inconclusive...so we will see.

Bad: We spent all night in the ER waiting for a room...she could sleep a little, I couldn't. So I FINALLY got home at 8:30 a.m. and slept for 3 hours. Ran back to the hospital for a couple hours, but she is so dopey and sleepy that I didn't stay. She is not in danger so I feel she just needs rest. And I think I am going to crash and burn at some point here shortly. :)

DH washed sheets for me and I did another load while I was home earlier. Now I am washing all mom's bedclothes and towels, so she won't have to work when she does get home. She will not let me do her laundry when she is home, so I have to do it now. :)

Thank goodness we have leftovers for dinner...I told DH he was on his own as I would most likely go to bed early. Want to be back at the hospital when the Dr. makes his rounds in the early a.m.

I know you all will give up a little prayer for mom and keep her in your thoughts. I thank you for that.

More good: My DGD and David Cook @ Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Auction Sat. 33569

tommysgirl18
10-26-2009, 10:19 PM
just thought I would pop back in here......

the kids are getting excited for trick or treating, so that is good. Logan, the stinker, will be four on Wednesday and is not letting us forget it! me, him, and probably Brandon are going to make his cupcakes to take into school tomorrow night before they go to bed.

Sue~ I will be keeping your mom in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she is recovering well. please keep us informed.

luckycharm
10-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone.
:wave:
Just popping in really quick to catch up and say hi before I go to class and then to work.

Sue :hug: Prayers from here to you and your mom. Your DGD is beautiful. And from a previous post...I love Paulie your grandaughter was lucky to get to meet him.

Sassy :hug: Why do the ones we love hurt us the most? I am sorry that your Mom is being hurtful. I am glad that you have great inlaws. I am already bracing myself as my MIL phoned to say she is coming for Christmas. I hope that I am working.

Susie, Cristina, Jules, Mindee, Katy, Francie, I hope that you all have a wonderful day and I hope to be back to fill everyone in tomorrow as I finally have a day off.

:grouphug:

suetalks
10-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Mom is doing better..thanks for the good wishes. We don't have answers as to what all is going on yet...but things are looking up. She is still sleeping most of the time.
Nothing else is going on here....A picture for you Kathy.
My DGD and Paulie. (taken with a phone, so fuzzy)

tommysgirl18
10-27-2009, 03:20 PM
just got done with doing an hour and twenty minutes on the Wii Fit and the regular Wii Sports. I feel great and I am excited to do it every day, with pushing myself a little more each day.

we have to make Logan's cupcakes for him to take to school tomorrow. I already told the boys that they could both help me make them!

Marissa climbed up on the bus when the boys got on the bus, and was sitting next to Logan and got her seat belt on, or tried to get the seat belt on. I wish she was going to school!

Sassy_Chick
10-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Hi Girls. :wave:

Are you all ready for Halloween? DH got the night off to help me pass out candy. I just hope we have enough, this is our first year in this neighborhood and there are quite a few kids.

Kathy -- Thanks. Yeah I am not sure what is wrong with my mom but the last few years she just has been very selfish. I have tried to just pass it off as she has had it quite hard but its been several years since my step dad has passed away and all of that. So I can no longer feel sympathy for her. Esp when its directed to me. I am her daughter and I have also been there for her in all the bad and terrible times so why is she being so hurtful to me? I dunno. My coworker thinks I should just tell her that she is being hurtful and how it makes me feel but I dunno if I can do it without going off and no matter what I really don't wanna talk that way to my mother. So all I can do is just be patient and hope she "Grows" out of it like teenagers do. I mean honestly to me, she is acting just like a teenager would. Anyways, I told DH that I think she will probably contact me right before Thanksgiving to get a free meal out of it. I know this sounds terrible, but I really do not want her over for Thanksgiving. Because I know that DH and I will have to go and get her and take her home and feed her too. I am sorry but that is just too much for me. Esp right now we just purchased a very much needed 2nd vehicle and so we have that extra expense now plus hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner. So if she can't even try to meet us half-way on things, then she is just gonna have to not be in our lives. Relationships, no matter with who they are, are a two-way st. One person cannot make ALL the effort while the other makes absolutely none. That is how I am feeling with her like I do ALL the work and effort and she just takes and takes and takes. Not even about "Stuff" just even the lack of showing affection. I feel like my coworkers and all of you care more about me than my own mother does! Anyways sorry to vent to you. I hope is all going well with you and your family. Any plans for the holidays? What are the kids dressing up as for Halloween?

BIG :hug: to everybody!

RosieKate
10-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Sassy - sorry your mom is being difficult--I go through similar stuff with my mom periodically, and I agree the relationship should be a two-way street. It gets hard doing all the work. I've stepped back a bit in the last year to keep my sanity and it has been good. When we do speak, it goes very well.

Sue - thinking of your mom, hope she is feeling better...love the Home Edition photos - how exciting!

Mindee - Happy Birthday to little Logan!

HI to everyone else! If you are on FB, you probably saw that my uncle passed last weekend..thankfully he is out of pain. My family seems to be holding up ok- I go to visit my grandmother tomorrow. School is ramping up, so I feel very busy and a little frazzled. L turns 8 on Halloween, so I have to get ready for that. It's a good kind of busy. Weight hasn't budged....guess that's okay, too.

Hope everyone has a good day.

FrouFrou
10-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Just checking in...I've not forgotten about you ladies or 3fc...just get busy and never seem to make it here. Going to do better and...I will catch up later tonight and start a new thread. Not feeling so great and going to go sleep for now.

suetalks
10-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Quick pop in..thanks for the good wishes. Mom is still in the hospital, but off IV's today. Three Drs. consulting in the a.m. so I have to be there very early. I was there 12 hours today and am pooped..so early bedtime here I come. (10 is early for me)
I will share more Makeover pics when the hospital thing is over. Hopefully tomorrow.

Sassy_Chick
10-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

TG its MY "Friday"!!! This week has poked by...........:p

Katy -- Thanks. Like I said to Kathy, my mom is acting like a teenager. lol. Now I know how she felt when I was one! lol. I hope I wasn't that bad though! lol. Glad you and your mom are doing better. :)

Cristina -- Yeah yeah we know we know. lol.

Sue -- Big :hug: and hope all goes well with your mom.

FrouFrou
10-28-2009, 11:30 PM
STOP!

Do NOT post here!

Head on over to BIK #84...see ya there! :wave: