Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-28-2009, 10:54 PM   #1  
noob

S/C/G: 215/150

Height: 5'8

Default Chocoholic in need of serious support

Hi! I'm a newie here on 3 Fat Chicks. I'm "educated" on nutrition, yet I cannot help myself. I LOVE chocolate and grease. I figured if I joined a website where I was accountable to someone besides myself, this would encourage me to develop better habits. Any getting started tips, things that worked, things that didn't work for you, etc... just anything. I look forward to hearing from y'all.
crystalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I love the french fries, onion rings and the like. I bake them now. Fresh potatoes, sliced like fries, with a bit of pam, onions without the breading and a bit of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning.

Chocolate, I'm allergic, gives me horrid stomach cramps. A good thing, or I'd eat it by the truck load.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #4  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

i love chocolate and have found that the sugar free resse pb cups or other sugar free chocolate really curb my hunger for the real thing..
as for the grease when i really started cooking and saw all the grease i was putting into my body i stoped eating that way just think about all the fat that goes in your mouth will end up in your thighs or other parts of your body that you dont want it to be...
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #5  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

If you can eat nuts, Emerald Cocoa Roast almonds are the best! You just can't eat too many, of course. They have good fat in them, and only 1 gram of sugar (6 grams of carbs).
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:22 AM   #6  
LeylandMiniChick

S/C/G: 211/199/132

Height: 159cm

chocolate - try making biscotti. quite low in fat and still very yummy
swae85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:38 AM   #7  

Height: 6-1.5

with fat and sugar free co-coa powder you can make chocolate mllk and other things-- Chocolate is ground from a cocoa bean-- no calories -- it is the fat and mlk and sugar that cause the fat. you can make chocolate with soy milk and artifcal sugar lke stevia or nutrasweet.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Welcome!

I second the "baked" substitute for fried. You may even get to like some foods prepared that way better and find the fried foods too greasy. You can bake breaded eggplant or zuccihini on cookie sheets (lightly sprayed) to eat straight or use in parmesan.

For chocolate, some folks need to eliminate it. Others choose to eat a small amount every day (dark chocolate has some health benefits, but I treat myself to a Reeces PB cup every day). Or, you may find some low cal recipes. I just saw this other thread that has a low carb recipe but looks low cal too if you use the Cool Whip Free...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dess...eeze-cups.html

Once again, welcome and good luck!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/158/120

Height: 5'0"

I, too, suffer from the chocoholic disease...I have no advice for you but I am loving these tips that you guys are dishing!

Please post more recipes! Thx!
Lynn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Welcome welcome!

Ohhhh chocolate. I love the stuff as well. I love super dark vegan chocolate...yums! What I do, and I really only crave chocolate when I'm on my monthly, I get these big bars and eat a bit at a time. The pieces are small and the bars I get is like 6 little pieces = a serving. I know some people can't do that, but I've always been the kid that would hide the Halloween candy and have a little bit at a time lol.

Baked fries are so good. I have to admit, I actually like them better than the fried ones and I like them with mustard now! I'm weird I guess. Keep trying new things! So many things you can whip up so quickly baking. Like fresh tortilla chips, fries, roasted veggies, onion rings...yum!

Good luck to you!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote