Overeaters Anonymous - Hi everyone... excuse the long intro!!

kellygram
09-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi everyone. This is my 1st time here in OA, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

In my early 20's I had bulimia. I attended an OA meeting once, but I thought everyone there truly needed help, and I just needed to snap out of it! My problems compared to everyone else's seemed trivial and superficial.

I joined 3FC several months ago. For the 1st time in 15 years I am making a concerted effort to lose weight, in a healthy non-disordered way. Dieting terrified me before, the scale has always held power over me (so much so that I threw mine away!), and over the past 15 years the pounds have crept up on me. But no more! :nono:

I'm reaching out now because as my goal weight approaches, some old feelings and behaviors are resurfacing. I have binged (sometimes purged) now and then over the years, usually during stressful times. Since I started my journey this year, I have done so well and lost all my weight in a healthy, honest way... I do NOT want to return to old behaviors, or taint the hard work I've already done.

Sorry for the long intro... :blah: guess I had more to say than I thought!
Thanks everyone.:thanks: