General chatter - What Are Your Pet Peeves Around the House ?

Sweetcaroline
09-28-2009, 06:38 PM
What's your pet peeve around the house and/or yard ?
I have a couple..

#1.. The 'newly' shaped tooth brushes don't fit in my ceramic tooth brush holder and I hate 'glass' thing...

#2... every time I go to plug something into the socket, anything, not the 3 prong so much but the others.. I place the plug the wrong way and have to turn it around... Even better, once I noticed this, I started turning the plugs 'around' before I tried plugging them in... still up side down... and I'll bet anyone reading this thread will think of it the next time you go to plug something in...LOL..

#3 One more, and it will prolly end my soda addiction... The newly contoured Cola, (Diet Sprite) bottle doesn't fit upright in my frig... water fits fine, I guess this is a sign...to get rid of the soda for good.

What are your pet peeves ?.... Lets Laugh !!!!!!!!! I'll bet it doesn't take you but a minute to think of a few...

LiL PiXiE
09-28-2009, 06:42 PM
LOL

I hate light switches that aren't not the same direction...like if there's 2 or more and one is up to turn the light on and the other is down...eeerrr drives me crazy!!
Toilet paper roll...have to pull from the top, some ppl put it so that you pull from the bottom, dont know if you know what I mean. That drives me nuts.
If the table center piece for some reason isn't centered...drives me nuts!!

I know there's more...just can't think of it.

beerab
09-28-2009, 06:56 PM
When people fill up a glass of water- take ONE sip, then dump out the rest! Uh hello?! That's so wasteful! Just take what you are going to drink!!

I also hate when people eat something then leave the remaining dishes/wrappers/cups on the table! Pick up after yourself!

EZMONEY
09-28-2009, 07:21 PM
On our kitchen counter, after I get home from work, I lay out my wallet, truck keys, cell phone, i-pod shuffle, sunglasses, watch, gum and any receipts or notes I may have to take with me to work the next day...with these things... in my sight...I don't forget them.

In the morning they have all disappeared to a nice "cute" little basket Angie got me to dump in...I always forget something the next day...aaarrrggghhh

ronni62
09-28-2009, 07:39 PM
The DH's stuff that he has to leave out on the counter after he gets home from work-you know, the wallet, cell phone, keys, work ID, etc. My counters are for kitchen stuff, not his clutter!

The noon, 1:00, and 6:00 pm fire siren-for Pete's sake, we all have watches now and don't need the city to blow the siren to know when to have lunch and dinner.

The empty pop cans on the counter:mad: Rinse your own and put them in the return bin!!!

luvja
09-28-2009, 07:48 PM
When the toilet paper is not on the roll!!! I hate when lazy people just leave the toilet paper on the counter beside, or behind the toilet!!! Put it on the roll people!!!

EZMONEY
09-28-2009, 07:54 PM
I love the "glasses" peeves...

Angie and I raised my son and daughter, her daughter and my nephew. They are all big water drinkers...we have a filter and fill a jug in the fridge.

Angie got tired of all the glasses in the dishwasher so she made them re-use the glasses....which was fine...then she got mad that they were all over the kitchen and dining room...4 glasses...so she made them put them on the kitchen counter...then she got mad they were always in the way! We do have limited counter space...

funny stuff....

swae85
09-28-2009, 08:01 PM
People who don't refill ice cube trays! Or don't use coasters!

Feral
09-28-2009, 08:52 PM
A few of mine:

When someone fills up the trash can and doesn't take the garbage out. Also, when someone leaves an empty fridge pack of sodas or a milk carton next to the trash can instead of taking it out.

When someone spills something on the counter and doesn't wipe it up.

Toilet papers on the counter instead of on the holder for sure!!!! And I'm an over not an under girl myself.

Don't even get me started on my closet. I have a touch of OCD. My roommates used to go mess up a few things in my closet just to mess with me because it would take them 2 minutes to mess up and me 30 minutes to straighten out!

lizziep
09-29-2009, 02:51 AM
husband always leaves about 1/4 of an inch of milk in the bottom of a glass - like behind his chair or somewhere that i don't find it til it's turned to smelly cement. grrr!

CoRunner09
09-29-2009, 03:04 AM
I hate it when the kids leave napkins, paper towels crunched up, or tissues right next to the trash can but not in it!

ladyrider72472
09-29-2009, 07:19 AM
I hate it when someone leaves dishes to "soak" and I have to reach my hand in there to empty it when it is cold and nasty!!!! YUCK!

I have 2 teen boys, I know there are more, I just can't think of them now.....

Ruthxxx
09-29-2009, 09:00 AM
- BBQ lighters that don't
- bits of kibble on the floor around the dog dish
- musty smelling towels because they weren't hung up
- my keys are never where I left them
- compost containers overdue for emptying
- clothing left lying on the bedroom chair

I don't know who to blame for most of this as I live alone.

ddc
09-29-2009, 09:23 AM
^^ LOL!

Dirty clothes on the floor RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CLOSET WHERE THE LAUNDRY BASKET IS--AND THE SLIDING CLOSET DOOOR IS USUALLY OPEN!!

junebug41
09-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Filling the sink with dirty dishes. Don't they know that the person doing the dishes has to empty them from the sink and what a PIA this is and maybe if they were taking up counter space they would get done faster?

Feral
09-29-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't know who to blame for most of this as I live alone.

Oh man, that's the best laugh I've had all day!

sarahyu
09-29-2009, 01:17 PM
My pet peeve is that no matter how often I sweep the floor it always needs sweeping! I mean, I swept the floor in the morning, went out shopping and came back a few hours later and it needs to be swept again! I'm really a bad housekeeper.

Nobody else will unload the dishwasher in my house!

beerab
09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
I hear ya on the sweeping- we have tile and wood and I'll sweep and the next day it's like I never swept! I have got to get one of those robots that continually clean the floor! lol

ANOther
09-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Am I being unreasonable, but when my mom uses the package (of frozen veggies, skillet dinner or microwavable entree) as a spoon rest or trivet to put the hot tray on I go nuts! Can't she use the nice spoon rest or silicon potholders I got her for Xmas a few y ago and toss the packaging?

marbear24
09-29-2009, 05:20 PM
When the hubby doesn't but things back in the fridge and wonders why I throw them away.

Mixing the dirty laundry in with the clean laudry

A pile of shoes to trip me as I walk out the door

Things being left in pockets then going through the wash. Iahte being assulted by rolaid, coffee stirers, tooth picks, and other various odd adn ends when I take stuff out of the dryer!

pegdav
09-29-2009, 05:32 PM
I hate it when people leave dirty dishes in or by the sink instead of putting them in the dishwasher. Really, can't you reach 12 more inches? Really???

caryesings
09-29-2009, 05:38 PM
In my current house, everywhere there is a double switchplate, the switch closest to me is the switch for the light in the next room, not the one I am in. For example, walking into the dining room from the living room, I have to reach past the first switch (which is to the kitchen) to turn on the light to the dining room. Not much of a reach, but seriously irks me.

EZMONEY
09-29-2009, 05:48 PM
I hate that!

Finding melted gum in my pockets...

another pet peeve...Angie not getting all the junk out of my pants when she does laundry!

JulieJ08
09-29-2009, 06:11 PM
I hate it when people leave dirty dishes in or by the sink instead of putting them in the dishwasher. Really, can't you reach 12 more inches? Really???

Seconded, thirded ... hundred-ed!

SunshineCA
09-29-2009, 06:25 PM
A pet peeve is when my oldest son doesn't take the time to sort out the recycled stuff from the regular trash. "Oh Mom, sometimes I just don't have the time or I just forget." :rolleyes: I end up having to dig in the trash to get it right. :rolleyes:

EZMONEY
09-29-2009, 06:49 PM

Or put them in the dishwasher w/o rinsing them off first.

murphmitch
09-29-2009, 07:09 PM
My son leaving Kleenex in his pockets when he does his laundry. EZ, he's supposed to empty his own pockets. My daughter leaving wet clothes in the washer for days, dry clothes in the dryer forever (totally wrinkled by then) or leaving them unfolded in a basket in the laundry room. No hangars when you need them in the laundry room. Tons in their rooms though! Kids putting dirty dishes on the clean ones in the left side of the sink. Using the last of the toilet paper and not getting more out of the linen closet where there are 24 rolls. My 24 y.o. DD leaving her stuff everywhere, but the worst is shoes, shoes, shoes!

EZMONEY
09-29-2009, 08:12 PM
ANNE...when they finally empty the nest you will miss all that...

:lol3::rofl::lol3:

EZMONEY
09-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Don't you just hate it when you have been stuck in traffic, finally get home and you gotta go...I mean really gotta go....rush in and the toilet seat is...

down!

I just hate that...doesn't anyone leave the seat up anymore?

sidhe
09-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Don't you just hate it when you have been stuck in traffic, finally get home and you gotta go...I mean really gotta go....rush in and the toilet seat is...

down!

No...but I never snip at my husband for leaving it up, either (it's a physics thing, I thought about it in terms of relative work once and accepted that he has to work harder against gravity than I do). Perhaps you need to just accept it and move on? ;)

theCandEs
09-29-2009, 09:02 PM
I hate laundry on the floor, especially if it is in the living room. It just looks trashy to me. I am all over my boys if they throw their socks on the floor.

BillBlueEyes
09-29-2009, 09:10 PM
When an odd number of socks comes out of the laundry.

JulieJ08
09-29-2009, 09:15 PM
No...but I never snip at my husband for leaving it up, either (it's a physics thing, I thought about it in terms of relative work once and accepted that he has to work harder against gravity than I do). Perhaps you need to just accept it and move on? ;)

Hmm, I think it's a physics thing too, only I still see it the opposite way. The real problem is the effect of gravity when you sit on the toilet in the middle of the night after someone leaves the lid up :o

harrismm
09-29-2009, 09:37 PM
When my boys brush their teeth while looking in the mirror....sprays all over my bathroom mirror.Why do you need to watch yourself brush your teeth??Have tried to figure this out for 19 years.

EZMONEY
09-29-2009, 09:52 PM
What about kids popping their zits in front of the big mirror in the living room?....splat!...thank goodness those days are over!

Sweetcaroline
09-29-2009, 09:57 PM
What about kids popping their zits in front of the big mirror in the living room?....splat!...thank goodness those days are over!

Thank you GARY... that lovely image is burned into my brain now... lol :D

Sweetcaroline
09-29-2009, 09:59 PM
When an odd number of socks comes out of the laundry.

Bill... the socks meet up with the coat hangers and have a party in the laundry room...

Operator265
09-29-2009, 10:16 PM

down!

I SHOULD be down and right UNDER the LID!!! My peeve is people who don't close the lid of the toilet before flushing and send up a great big invisible potty flume in the bathroom. :barf: That's why I keep my toothbrushes and makeup covered.

murphmitch
09-29-2009, 10:22 PM
ANNE...when they finally empty the nest you will miss all that...

:lol3::rofl::lol3:

She left....and then she came back. That was 2 years ago. I least there's a steady boyfriend, so there's still hope! :^:

EZMONEY
09-29-2009, 10:44 PM
There is a God Anne...there is...

and what about those missing fabric sheets you find...at church...coming out of your short sleeve shirt...after service is almost over...and you went up to communion...shook hands with a lot of folks...gave some hugs...

better health3
09-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Messy kitchen counter tops. I like them clutter free without crumbs on them.

Taurie
09-30-2009, 12:55 AM
I have a few.

1. Any cloths/rags or sponges left at the bottom of the sink. This one is a biggie for me.

2. When the kitchen trash gets taken out, but the bf seems to always forget to empty the bins in the bathroom, lounge and bedroom unless I remind him.

3. Clutter around the bathroom sink. When you take something out of the medicine cabinet just put it back in the medicine cabinet.

I thought I had more, but relieved it's just these three.

(I remembered one more)

4. When laundry is thrown over the lid of the hamper or on the floor next to it.

5. I'm use to it now so it doesn't bother me as much, but my bf always leaves his under pants in the bathroom. Once when we were staying at my mums and I called him on it he answered, 'Oh sorry, it's just when I do that at home they some how end up clean and neatly folded in my drawer.'

6. When the toilet seat is left up during the night and I fall in half asleep.

(I knew I had loads!)

megwini
09-30-2009, 01:06 AM
When people fill up a glass of water- take ONE sip, then dump out the rest! Uh hello?! That's so wasteful! Just take what you are going to drink!!

Really? I never thought of it that way. Any other food.. yeah. But water? I mean, think of how many of those glasses you use when you shower, or wash your hands.. it's just water, you know? I figure better to drink a little water and dump the rest than not drink any at all.

But I know we all have our little things.. ;)

Hm... I'll have to think about mine. Get back to you on that one.

lizziep
09-30-2009, 04:37 AM
do all men have some sort of booger stashing place- under the arm of a chair, a desk, the WALL!?!?! or am i just a lucky wife?

cherry7211
09-30-2009, 05:32 AM
Hmmmm there are many funny ones here lol I hate it when I wash ALL the dishes and my brother has the nerve 2 use a spoon and leave it in the sink! I mean its 1 thing wash it n put it away!!!! I haven't seen this one here but when someone text or emails u and their message is just 1 letter like K or O or a smiley face! Why waste my time with just 1 stupid letter!!!!!

SunshineCA
09-30-2009, 06:15 PM
:lol: at many of the responses. Thanks guys! I needed that. ;)

ANOther
10-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Re posts 4 & 5 EZMONEY, ronni62 isn't your ex, is she? ;) :?:

EZMONEY
10-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Re posts 4 & 5 EZMONEY, ronni62 isn't your ex, is she? ;) :?:

I think she just may have been.... in another life :)

SunshineCA
10-03-2009, 10:48 PM
I hate it when there's no toilet paper because the last person who used it up forgot to put on a new roll.

cinderpa
10-04-2009, 12:56 AM
I hate it when our son comes home from school and kicks off his sneakers right by the front door or in the doorway to his bathroom. Arggg

Thighs Be Gone
10-04-2009, 12:59 AM
I hate when my husband pulls things out of the trash can to be taken to recycle and then never takes them. The kitchen will be clean and then there is his gross pile left an hour later.

SunshineCA
10-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Clothes that were forgotten in the washing machine.

EZMONEY
10-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Dogs wrestling in the house...outside...OUTSIDE!!!