100 lb. Club - grapes vs. gelato

View Full Version : grapes vs. gelato

girlonfire
09-28-2009, 11:13 AM
So I have since left Amsterdam and onto Rome(after a terrifying experience where the border police thought I had drugs because I was coming from Amsterdam) and man, is there a lot of temptation here! Gelato, pizza, pasta around every corner. Lucky me, I am too broke to spend 4 euros on gelato when I can buy a bunch of fruit for one euro.

This afternoon I was super hungry and after wandering around all the tourist areas, all I could think about was gelato, gelato, fried panini, all the worst foods. But instead, I hauled my progressively smaller derriere over to the supermarket and bought a bunch of grapes. Cheaper and healthier! So here I am with my lovely healthy snack! I feel very proud of myself for resisting the siren call of the gelato(I did not do so well with resistance in Amsterdam :O ).

Don't get me wrong, I want to try gelato. But I want it to be part of my PLAN, not because I didn't eat a sufficient lunch. I don't want to be hungry so I scarf it down, I want to enjoy it. Italy is famous for gelato. As long as I PLAN. IT. OUT I'm ok. Mindlessly eating is NOT what I want.

midwife
09-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Good for you!!! :carrot:

TJFitnessDiva
09-28-2009, 11:23 AM
awesome job in trying to find a way to fit it in your plan :)

ayumukasuga
09-28-2009, 01:17 PM
You can try gelato and grapes at the same time - if you have freezer. Frozen grapes are the best sweet snack I used to eat when I am on diet. You must freeze them individually, and there are like ice candy, taste is much sweeter than usually. :carrot:

toastedsmoke
09-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Yay you!!!

Creeech
09-28-2009, 09:44 PM
SO proud! :D

crzymom6
09-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Good for you!!

findingfawn
09-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Good job!

girlonfire
09-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks! It's tough to resist gelato when Italy is famous for it. I have to plan some authentic Italian pasta into my week too. Unfortunately, someone in my hostel ate the rest of my grapes :mad: . Gelato on Thursday probably.

And man being a tourist is good exercise!

Alana in Canada
09-29-2009, 01:26 PM
I can't believe someone ate your grapes! That is just so rude!

Oh, the food in taly. I'm just groaning remembering hos wonderful it was. I think it was the freshness of everything.

Yes, plan for your gelato. Eating a local specialty is part of your experience. I remember when I stayed in Rome I got dependent on a little hole in the wall which served "dinner" to go. Lots of locals frequented, and it was so nice just to take my dinner and go sit on a bench and eat it. (Well, I might have preferred a table, but when in Rome....)

Have a wonderful time!