LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers September 28-October 3

Mama Nicole
09-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Good morning friends :)

WTG Katie on completing day 5 of the shred. My first couple of weeks were really hard, and I found it very difficult to find time to squeeze it in. It is way easier for me now to make the time. Are you working out on weekends? I did not work out on Saturday, but did yesterday. I think my goal now is to work out 6 days a week.

I have to get moving....but I will check back later to try and catch up with everyone :)

Have a great day everyone :)
XOXO

JLem311
09-28-2009, 08:53 AM
morning nicole, and everyone else to follow.
baby is fed. workout and shower done. and DS will be here in a little bit. not really ready for the week to start, when are we ever? ha.
our 3yr anniversary is tomorrow! :)

be back later, hopefully.

Repo girl
09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Morning all!

Nicole- I did not exercise this weekend. Saturday I have clients and classes all day, then a girls night out in the evening. Yesterday we helped my inlaws gather and cut their firewood for the winter. It was tremendously hard work! Jillian Micheals has nothing over on lumberjacks, LOL. I am going for day 6 this morning.

Jillian- Have you had your anniversary suprise yet?

Kristinx
09-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi everyone! I hate Mondays! Especially rainy ones! Blah! Starting another busy busy week at work. Oh the joy! At least it;'s better than nothing to do..the days are just flying by!
I didn't have a great weekend food wise so I think i gained...hopefully it will all be good by Friday, we will see. I tried to fix my elliptical as one of the handles has come loose, but my screwdriver is too fat to fit in the screw holes! How ironic....lol time for a new screwdriver!
Tonight we are meeting with the builder who *might* build our new house! Very exciting :) I hope it all goes well because right now the house and the price seem too good to be true (how can I get a brand new house built cheaper than buying one in the same area that is 10 years old?). It's still a bit more than I want to spend but we can manage it and it's in the exact area we want, the exact type of house we want and it's the kind of house we could grow a family in :) Fingers crossed for a good meeting!

Repo girl
09-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Good luck Kristin!

Hoochie
09-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Okay so I don't have my shred yet....its been too long so I am sending them an email today for a tracking number...
Well I ate really healthy for the whole week. I caved Saturday night at the hockey game and had some popcorn and a coke but thats it so I am very proud of myself. I didn't weigh myself but I am sure that I am down at least a pound as I feel terrific. I haven't had a any alcohol for a week now, not even a glass of wine! I can't believe how on track i am again. I am putting some thought when planning my meals. I only exercised three times last week but my husband said he will join me this week working out...yippee!! I think working out with him because he pushes me!!
Good luck with the house planning Kristin.
Lets all have a great week!!!

Joan

momofthree
09-28-2009, 01:16 PM
This momofthree just shredded! You girls talked it up so much I had to see what all the hype was about. Amazing and painful all in the same 30 min!! :carrot:

JLem311
09-28-2009, 01:29 PM
This momofthree just shredded! You girls talked it up so much I had to see what all the hype was about. Amazing and painful all in the same 30 min!! :carrot:

AWESOME! great job! stick with it!

Repo girl
09-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Yay momofthree!! Good job!

equinetcan
09-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Happy Monday!

I just got back from a walk and then a shower as I got caught in a downpour but I kept going cause by then I was soaked anyway. I even tackled my hill. I live near the bottom of a very steep long hill. It's literally probably about 30-40 degree angle if not more. I have mild asthma and it was muggy today which didn't help but I made it to the top and kept going for awhile before turning back around to come home again. I even met up with my next door neighbor on her way to work and we decided to be walking buddies so we are going to start walking almost every day. If it's raining we can go to the track and walk (which I have never been to yet as its a new center here). So it was a good walk all the way around.

I had a wedding to go to this last saturday night and there was no meal - just munchies and I stuck mostly to the fruit and veggies but I will admit they had a chocolate fountain so I did have two pieces of fruit with just a bit on it. But I stopped at 2 and I didn't drench them either. The wedding was really nice.

I am still looking at the going back to school option. I have a meeting next week with an EI counsellor to discuss funding. If I am apporved I will probably start in January. One of the courses starts at the end of Oct but because of my severance I doubt I can be approved yet. But thats one of the things I need to discuss with them. I'd love to start in Oct but basically have realized it will more than likely be january.

Must go dry my hair and get a few things done...I'll check in later..BTW - the new pic is from the wedding.

sweetandspicy
09-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Jillian- Happy Early Anniversary!! I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

Nicole- way to go on continuing to exercise!!! you are super woman!!

Kristin- good luck with the builder,sounds very exciting!!

Alannah- things will look up soon.. I think school sounds like a fantastic option

Katie- way to go continuing to shred. I am sure lumberjacks have nothing on you

momofthree
09-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the encouragement girls. Tomorrow is a new day and day 2!!
PS---My 2 yr old just broke the jar of sauce I was using for one of my cheap weights all over our carpet. How do they so these things. Well I guess that rug is due for cleaning:frypan:

Hoochie
09-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Just got an email from the amazon supplier and apparently they are having problems getting shipments from the US to Canada so they want me to wait the full 30 days before they do anything about it for me.....hmmm lets see, I ordered it September 16th. Now that is snail mail!!
Gee I will just be starting to shred and you guys will be on to something new for me to try...hehe

Happy Anniversary Jillian. Ours is next month. My DH is supposed to be going to Miami for a business trip so I thought I might sneak away with him so we can celebrate our anniversary away from the kids!! Still seeing if I can actually get away from the office.

Joan

equinetcan
09-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Joan - did you order you Shred from amazon.ca or .com? I got mine from the canadian one and it was here in 4 days. I had no issues whatsoever. My True Blood season 1 came with it as well.

Supper and everything all done here now and I can just relax for the evening. CSI Miami is on and so is DWTS so I'll probably watch that.

Have a good evening everybody!

mj2007
09-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Hi ladies

Just wanted to say hello and share with you all...I am finally down to the 160's :carrot:

Allanah - You gonna love True blood!I am a big fan.

Jillian - happy anniversary!Have a great day tomorrow!

Michelle,Nicole - WTG !!!I am outta gym for a whole 10 days!!!

Kristin- I hate Mondays...especially cold ones!!!We had a real cold day in saskatoon, today. It hit around -2.C this morning. Highest was 12.C in the afternoon.

Signing off! I am too lazy tonite...still tried to be a " good wife" and offered to make my husband's lunch for tomorrow.My DH said he wants to make it fresh in the morning ( thank you god!!!)
So just explained how to make "Tuna Melt" to my DH. Hopefully he'll be able to make it for himself tomorrow.

Good nite all.

momofthree
09-29-2009, 07:40 AM
MJ-- You are so on your way!! Congrats on 160's. You worked hard for it so enjoy it.

I tried Lynn's pancake today and boy was that good. I used sf syrup mixed with a little sf apricot jam warmed in micro and then dipped pancake in it!! Yummy! I love breakfast food!! Hope you all have a great eating day!;)

Mama Nicole
09-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Good morning ladies :)

Michelle.....WTG on shredding. You are going to be so happy you started :)

Jillian.......Happy Anniversay dear :) I hope your day is most excellent.

Joan...that SUCKS! I would call amazon again......that's complete crap. Don't worry, I will still be shredding......I made a tiny promise to myself to do it for at least 100 days......working out 6 days a week.......so I'll still be chigging along. When you get yours, let me know, and any of us that have been though the 30 days can start a new 30 day stint. It will be fun :)

Katie...talk to me about this gathering winter food business. Did you get your shred on yet today?

I have to admit.....I did NOT shred yesterday. My allergies were sooo bad, that I did not do anything yesterday. I was literally in bed all day yesterday, except for about 4 hours. It was awful........quite possibly my worst allergy day ever. I was on allegra and benedryl, and nothing seemed to make it bearable.........nothing except sleep. My poor 4 yo wathced WAYYY too much tv yesterday. Oh well......I have to get my act together today, my sis and one of my besties are coming here tomorrow, and now I am burried in housework.....mom's just can't really take the day off.

Anyway, I will check back later, if I can, and see how everyone is doing. Have a great day, and take at least 15 minutes to exercise your bodies today. Your heart will thank you :)
XOXO

Repo girl
09-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Nicole- For your allergies, try mixing 1 tablespoon of local honey (as close to your house as possible), 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and pouring a cup of boiling water over it. Let it cool a little bit and drink it. This mixture helped me a lot! As far as gathering winter food, I have got to pick all of the green peppers, yellow squash, zuchinni, egg plant, cucumbers, pick the green beans one last time, and pick all of the tomatoes and lay them out on tables in my kids' rooms to ripen up. I have tons of unripe tomatoes that I am waiting on so that I can bottle them. Also, I think the cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli better be harvested too. I have been harvesting my herbs for a while now, and have harvested all that I need, but I hate to see them go to waste. I think that I might put them on Freecycle so that someone will get some use out of them. I am going to leave the beets, carrots, parsnips, buttercup squash, pumpkins, chard, and spinach in the ground, since a frost is okay for them. Sometime this week I am going to pickle a bunch of garlic for Scott. He is a fool for it. I did not shred yesterday, but I am planning on it today. That stint into the mountains for firewood nearly did me in!

MJ- Good job!!

Hoochie
09-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Nicole- Oh I hate allergies. I don't have them too bad but this weekend, I got really stuffed up. i think I sneezed 15 times in a row...agh. If I take 2 reactine, I clear up pretty quick. I just hate the itchy nose thing.

Katie- I wish I lived near you. Nothing like fresh veggies all the time. It does sound like lots of work.

So I got my shred yesterday in the mail....finally.
I am starting it tonight, I actaully can't wait.
Last night I took my 4 month little puppy for a 40 minute walk. She loved it! I was so amazed since my other dog could never make it. I think I will walk one night, then shred, then walk, etc.
I ate so healthy all last week and got on the scale this morning to see that I lost half a pound. I guess I am down but I thought it would be way better. It must have been that coke and popcorn I had at the hockey game...darn!
Okay gotta go,

Joan

Kristinx
09-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Ugh I came in to work today to drama! Gotta love HR, we handle everyone else's drama! lol
Our meeting with the builder last night went great thougH! He is just confirming total price on some of the lots we picked out then hopefully we will be putting through an offer and the paperwork to get started! Should only take 4.5 months to build so we should be in a couple months before the wedding (yes I know I am crazy doing this all at once lol). Plus we found out there is a sweet tax rebate on new homes we didn't realize we would get :) so bonus!
Staying on track with my diet with the exception of the weekend...just gotta get back on an exercise schedule. Now I know we won't be moving for awhile I think I will start the Active 30 day challenge again :) and this weekend I hope to fix the arm on my elliptical so I can get that going.
THEN I am going to try to take note from some of you ladies on staying away from the scale more and focusing more on how I feel and the inches. Gonna take measurements Friday and go from there!

mj2007
09-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks Michelle, Katie....hi to all!!!

Does anyone know approx. how many pounds down = 1 dress size down?

Kristinx
09-29-2009, 02:50 PM
I think it tends to take more pounds to go down a size the larger you are...therefore...as you get down lower the sizes start coming down faster. I know it took me like 30 lbs to lose a size last time I lost the weight...then like 15 to the next size...12 lbs to the next size, etc...hard to say an exact number as sizes vary. For example...today my pants are size 14...yesterday's pants were a size 18...and they came from the same store!

Clanori
09-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing great.I have a question.How do you stay on the diet on a very tight budget.What are some of the foods you use that are diet friendly but not very expensive?Thanks for your help.:hug:

Dan2112
09-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Hey all...

Man am I tuckered... I've basically spent the past two weeks doing nothing but conference prep and execution.. Just about killed me and basically halted anything but FB updates on my ipod/blackberry..

Of course I tried to be good during last week's conference, and to a certain extent, I succeeded.. But of course there were pitfalls in my way...

As I sit here in my office for the first time in more than a week, it's kind of surreal.. With the conference out of the way, I feel kind of empty and aimless.. there's plenty to do, but little desire to do it.. Liz is mad at me for not taking more than a half day or so off, and I know she's right.. Perhaps later this week.. Not sure sitting around the house doing honey-do's is the right recipe either..

On a brighter note, I took part in a bike race last weekend... Didn't really focus on racing, but just riding.. Did well despite a heavy headwind for half the trek.. Getting signed up for another at the end of October..

Anyway, I hope all of you are doing your best to stay POP and Nicole, I LOVE the avatar picture.. Very cool shot!

jewljz
09-29-2009, 04:30 PM
MJ - I thought you were going to say that your husband wanted his lunch made fresh and that you were going to get up early to make it... but then saw that you actually have a GOOD husband! Mine likes his lunch fresh, which means I have to get up at 4:45am to make it! Also - at your height and weight, it should take about 10lbs to go down a size, but then again, at about that weight my body started changing shape and I would lose sizes without losing weight...

Lori - is it more expensive for you because you are buying different food for you than the rest of the family? I know that once I started feeding everyone like I feed me, then it got cheaper. Shop in season, plan meals around the fruits and veggies that are in season because they will be less expensive. Don't buy pre-packaged, instead, buy bulk and pre-package yourself. hope this helps.

Guess what I had last week? The FLU! it didn't feel like the flu, but they said I had it... I'm better now and back at work. And I didn't lose one darn pound from it either!!!

Hoochie
09-29-2009, 04:39 PM
MJ- I think about 10-12 pounds would put you down a size. Are you planning for a goal? I have a pair of jeans in my closet I really want to fit into again. Its been a long term goal. I hope to achieve it one day.
I am starting my shred tonight.....excited right now but probably sore tomorrow!
Gotta run
Nice to see you Dan!

Joan

Mama Nicole
09-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Ok, katie....not so weird anymore. I must have been reading too fast.....cuz I had it all jumbled up in my head that you were gathering food when you were gathering firewood..:lol:. Guess I need to slow down a bit.

I shredded today.....yeay me. :)

Also, I got my laundry caught up after 2 days off...which is a big deal when you have a big family. So, I consider the day a success.

I also went to target and bought a set of 5 lb weights. I'm gonna be so buff by summer :) :lol:

K, gotta run.......Joan.....maybe having to wait for it was a blessing in disquise......now you are really excited about it......I can't wait to hear how you love/hate it.
XOXO

momofthree
09-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Ok. Is it just me or was the second day of shredding harder than the first. I think i was just so into something new and moving my body again that I did not really feel the muscle burn yesterday, but i did today! All that matters is that I did it and I feel good about it now. Shred on girls!!

MJ when my sister in law married my brother they told me at the dress shop that 15 pounds was a dress size. Hope that helps you

JerseyMadchen
09-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey guys!

Just checking in! Not much to report. Job is going well, not as tired and beat when I get out anymore which is nice. My body is adjusting!

We're moving in officially this weekend!! I am SOOO excited! We moved a bunch of stuff this past weekend when my family was here, but there's no hot water. At this point I DON'T CARE! The propane should be functional Thursday, so we'll get our hot water!

Kimphin
09-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Hey all! I've been a busy girl - tiling our bathroom AND getting ready for company this weekend. No time to play on the computer.

Happy anniversary Jillian! You two have experienced a lot in 3 years.

Alannah - love the new picture. Good luck with going back to school - I have to say, I dreaded it for a long time, but then once I started taking classes, it was OK.

Kristen - Wow, I hope everything with the house works out for you! How exciting!

NJ Amy - Ahh, the moving process - brings back memories - When we moved into our house I said "that's it - the next time I move, I'll be heading to the cemetary". That probably won't be true, since we are talking about where we want to live when we retire, but at the time I MEANT IT. Good luck this weekend!

Katie - How do you know these remedies? You amaze me. On top of that - your list of veggies is better than what I can find at out grocery store!

Gotta go!

Mama Nicole
09-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Good morning ladies and Dan :)

Nice to type that again :)

Well, I am about to attempt level 1 of the shred with my brand new shiny 5 lb weights. I am nervous that I won't beable to do it, but what the heck. I have been rotating the 3 levels in hopes that I will rest some muscle groups.....not sure if that is the way to go or not, but I am hoping.

So does anyone else have a fav workout tape, or a good kick a$$ one? I was at Target yesterday, and I thought about buying a new one to add to the mix, but I just couldn't decide.....and they are all on sale this week too.

Mama Nicole
09-30-2009, 09:35 AM
OMG........five pound weights make a huge difference. I hope I can carry that big baby of ours today :)

Repo girl
09-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Haha, good luck with the baby Nicole! I am still not using weights at all. Maybe I better get out a couple of cans of beans, huh?

sweetandspicy
09-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Good Wednesday morning to you all. I went to the zoo with my 9 year old yeasterday so I definately got plenty of walking done. It is always entertaining spending time with children it can make you see life an entirely different way. The kids were divided into groups and we were with 5 kids. I knew 2 of the kids but the other 2 I did not know. They were all rather sweet. When we left I asked my son about the 2 boys and he said no one in class picked them to be in their group so he picked them. I asked him why he did that and he said no one deserves to not be liked or not to get picked for a group. That just made me cry almost the entire way home. I just told him to never change.

On the diet front I am not doing consistantly well. I hope to impove that soon. I did walk the entire zoo yesterday and did arm and leg weights last night. I seem to do well during the day and the nights and weekends just mess me up. I need to get back on track!!!

Nicole- laundry is my nemisis. I think we have more laundry than anyone in the world except maybe that Dugger family on TLC and I assume they have in home help so they are in a different category. So congrats to you for getting your laundry done. And yes you will be buff by summer!!!

Katie- i love reading about your rememdies. My Granny lived in the Smokey Mountains until it became a national park. She believed in natural rememdies for everything and she made absolutely everything from scratch or from her garden. I have a book she gave me that her mother gave her when she was got married(probably about 1928 ish?) it is the most amazing thing to read and see how they used absolutely everything and had practically no waste. I try to use some of her remedies.

Amy- I hope you have a great move in this weekend.

Joan- that was unprofessional of Amazon, but I am glad you got your Shred. Let us know how it goes.

Mommyof3, the 3rd day might be the hardest but it gets so much better after that.

Julie- you got robbed that flu should have taken at least one pound with it

Dan- hope your life calms a bit

MJ- It has take me a 40 pound loss to really go down 2 sizes but I hope from now on it will take less. And you know how sizes are somethings you can wear and others you cant it drives me crazy to shop sometimes.

KristinX- hope HR is quiet for you today!! sounds like you are going to build. good luck with that!!!

JLem311
09-30-2009, 10:37 AM
thanks for the anniversary wishes yesterday everyone.

baby X is 5 months old today. :) it sure has flown by.

equinetcan
09-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Just got back from my walk with my neighbor. We did 40 mins today and that included our big hill at the beginning and a smaller hill in the middle. I definitely need a shower now. It's muggy out today so we worked up a sweat. We weren't just strolling along either...we were trucking right along. I need to get a new battery for my pedometer so I can see just how far we are going or at least how many steps. Had to break in new sneaks today too but amazingly enough no blisters. I really like these ones too - they fit nicely and give me the support I need.

Nicole - way to go on upping to 5 lb weights. I use canned beans for mine as I don't have weights anymore. But they work.

Well must go hop in the shower...I'll check in later...have a good one!

Hoochie
09-30-2009, 10:44 AM
OMG So I have completed day 1 of the shred. I feel it in every muscle group today....wow! I have never done such a tough workout in such a short amount of time. It felt awesome!! I wanted to quit a few times but Jillian was looking right at me tellng me I couldn't!!! agh

Nicole- My husband did it with me and he used 10 pound weights. He ended up quitting a few times. He told me he would do it again today but without weights. I think he was trying to show me how manly he was...haha. I think he will be sore today!! I used 2 pound weights and I can't imagine doing anything more. I have another really good dvd at home so I will get the name of it for you, its another awesome one.

Amy- Have fun moving into your new place. Its always nice moving since you get rid of so much clutter. Enjoy your new home!

AmyM- Your boy sounds so sweet! I have a son like that too and he is almost 17. I still hope he never changes. I always tell my husband that he will make some girl happy one day!

Oh ya, Michelle. I am doing day two of the shred today. It's nice to hear I am going to burn my muscles more today than yesterday!!! lol

Have a great day!

Joan

Carolita
09-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Hi all, I am back to read your posting as it inspire me to keep going, I gained about 6 pounds but I am working out again and I am down 4. I am not going to the center anymore as I find it that it is the same everytime, I bought LAbars through the internet and cost me only $0.67 per bar and I am doing pretty good following what I learned at the center and going to kickboxing classes 4 times a week which is amazing how good I feel.

Hope to keep reading your posting and have a wonderful day to all of you!

Mama Nicole
09-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Haha, good luck with the baby Nicole! I am still not using weights at all. Maybe I better get out a couple of cans of beans, huh?

ha ha ha ha......1 lb is what I started with :) Good old refried beans :)

Mama Nicole
09-30-2009, 05:05 PM
My husband did it with me and he used 10 pound weights. He ended up quitting a few times. He told me he would do it again today but without weights. I think he was trying to show me how manly he was...haha.

:rofl: I WISH I could get DH to work out with me......maybe one day....
Congrats on starting, Joan! It is so hard......and today you will think you won't beable to do it....but you will be amazed how quickly you warm up and are able to do alot. I am so excited so many of us are taking exercising seriously.

Alannah.....WTG on getting a good walk in. That hill is going to be your best friend :) I am proud of you for staying motivated, even though you are going through a lot of life changes. Rock on!!!

I am sorry to cut this short, I have much I want to say (shocker, I know) to all of you......but the flylady is going to kick my butt if I don't get some work done. Andrew (4 yo DS) and I made a fabric store tour today, and I haven't gotten a thing done yet....and I have company coming tonight through the weekend. I must be nuts. Luckily it is just my sis and one of my besties :) Ok, I'll check back later to make sure Katie did her Shred ;)
XOXO

BarbaraB
09-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Carolita, Good for you to keep going and kick boxing sounds like very good exercise.

Nicole, Good progress to go up to higher weights. Can you see any difference in your arms yet?

Alannah, I always have problems with new shoes giving me blisters, so I suppose it is a really good sign that a long walk didn't cause any.

Still worrying about my DD continuing to be sick. Looking into having more doctors look at her or something... as the one she has been going to has really not been all that helpful for finding out what is wrong with her... after the 6th visit of her saying come back if you are still not feeling well, well it seems that is not much of an answer, but does run up the medical bills.

Mama Nicole
09-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Barbara.........so sorry to hear about your DD still feeling so bad. I would definately check into another doc. Is there some sort of specialist for that? Would an ENT handle her issues? How frustrating for her, and for you and DH. And yeah.....I can see a bit of difference in my arms......if I could only chill out on sweets, I'd probably be all good ;)

Ok, have to get to bed now.....nighty night ;)
XOXO

mj2007
10-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Hi all
It is 10 pm and finally I am here :)
I had a Lean Cuisine panini +veggies this evening to celebrate my supper before I start another Take-off tomorrow.Take off is like those relatives...you wonder what are you doing in their company...but have to put on a game face ;)

Thanks to everyone...finally I got an idea regarding the whole dress size thing.Right now...I am in a crazy situation...my pants and shirts are already too big for me but I can't invest in any fall fashion...fearing I wouldn't fit in them for long!!!!How do you all manage???
I am soooo drooling over the $20 cardigans from Old Navy!!!!

Julie- You deserve the Best Wife award!!!I can't remember when last I saw 4:45 am!!!

Lori- I agree with Julie.You should try buying bulk stuff like chicken breasts, fish etc for protein which can be enjoyed by whole family. Also inexpensive vegggies and fruits would save money. If you do not want to buy expensive dairy like cheese...1% milk, fat free yogurt cups are equally good.Try to avoid frozen meals...or gourmet stuff...that would save money. I think cutting back on take-outs and dining out to stay on the plan itself makes a huge saving.You can spend upto $5 for a 6" sandwich but you can buy 16 pack fat free yogurt instead. :)

Joan- I do have a Xmas goal...I am planning to buy a dress that I would like to fit in and wear at my DH's office party :D. Wish me luck!!!!

Michelle- When I took part in a Curves program last summer, they told me a pant size differs from a dress size....confusing!!!

Nicole- There is a video called P90 X....the ab work out is pretty intense. I couldn't keep up any more than 8 mins of the 20 mins workout.

Carolita- You are one lucky girl!!!I love the taste of LA bars...but have to settle for Luna. Did you buy on ebay?I tried searching but the expiry was quite close.

Barbara- Sorry to hear. It would be wise to get a second opinion. Hope your DD gets well soon!!!

That's all for tonite...good nite all!

jewljz
10-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Today is Kidd's kids day - please check out this website and make a donation - kiddlive.com - the radio program I listen to is a syndicated program and every year they take chronically/terminally ill children and their families on a wonderful trip to disneyworld. I just think this is the greatest thing ever!

Kristinx
10-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey everyone!
So I'm still on a search for the screwdriver to fix my elliptical! Who knew finding a long skinny screwdriver would be so hard...
I have to be away some this month...holidays, work, etc. After that I am doing the 30 day challenge on Wii Active. In the meantime it will be walks and the elliptical if I ever get it fixed!
On the homefront, we picked out our lot and home plan for our first house! We go in tonight to sign the offer papers and hopefully get this show on the road! I believe we are looking at a completion sometime in February...so at least we'll have a bit of time to get settled before the wedding in May! Ahhh!

Hoochie
10-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I completed day two fo the Shred and I lived to tell about it! It is a flippin hard work out...wow!
I am not sure how I will get thru it tonight!!

Mj- I want to be down a size for Christmas too. I hope we both make our goal.

Kristin- So exciting about you house. Lots of decisions to make eh?

Just sipping on my americano from Starbucks right now. I had a terrible sleep and need a kick start his morning.
Have a great day!

Joan

Kimphin
10-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Nicole - The DVD I love to hate is Winsor Pilates. There is a 20 minute workout that is killer - really changes your body shape if you do it regularly. I have never had such great abs. It is really difficult in the beginning - but the modifications make it workable.

Congrats Kristen!

Barbara - so sorry your DD is still under the weather. For all they DO know about medicine, it is amazing how much is still unknown. I hope that a second opinion helps.

momofthree
10-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Day three done!!! I learned today to get it done when the girls are napping. They were so funny doing there jumping jacks though. They loved it even though I had little room for mine. 5 lb weights makes a big difference. I need to find three pound weights for sure. Hope you girls and Dan have great day!:lifter:

Hoochie
10-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Nicole- Get Ripped slim and lean dvd by Jari Love is a wicked workout as well. This is the one I was telling you about. I think she has new ones out now but that is the dvd that I also use.

Joan

sweetandspicy
10-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Nicole- now I have not tried it but I am intrigued by the Kim Kardashian DVD fit into your jeans by Friday. I wonder if it works. I use the Shred and my other biggest looser DVDs. I will probably get another Jillian Michaels DVD the next time. Maybe the Touble Zones as I do have many trouble Zones...

Nothing new to report. I have been trying hard to stay on plan and doing ok with it. I have not been eating a lot and exercising some but the scale does not seem to want to go down any. I am so tired all the time it is hard to get motivated to exercise. I am back to taking the B12 and going to increse my protein and see if that gets me so mo jo.

sweetandspicy
10-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Good Friday Morning to you all. It is about 65 outside right now and it is suppose to only get up to 68. That is amazing to me seeing as last Friday it was 88. The weather around here is crazy. But I do like Fall. I love mums and to see the leaves change it is a beautiful time to live near the mountains. Also I think it seems more appropriate to be cold when they are playing football. That is the way I remember it when I was young.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed Baby Andrew has to have 4 shots plus a flu shot this morning and he is so much more stong-willed these days so I think he will fight it.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have done well all week until last night I had 2 oreos. I had no intentions of eating them but Andrew kept trying to feed them to me so I caved. They did have most of the white stuff out of them as that is Drews favorite part. I did exercise some yesterday I did lunges as I was doing laundry my legs are so sore. I also ran up and down the drive way chasing a soccer ball.

JLem311
10-02-2009, 08:55 AM
hello all..haven't been on here much..been busy battling a few of my own things in life.
anyways, just wanted to pop in and say hi. and hope that everyone had a good week and and has an even better weekend.

it's only gonna be in the 40s today..and rainy. burrr!

chiquita623
10-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Hi Everyone. Just have to tell you all the good news - may daughter passed the Illinois Bar Exam!! I am so proud and excited for her.

I'll be back later to chat more. Just had to tell someone before I burst!!

Kristinx
10-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Yay! The builder accepted our offer and conditions so now it's a bunch of running around and paperwork for the next week and then the countdown can begin! Provided all goes through the house will be completed by February 16th!

sweetandspicy
10-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Laurie- That is great, Congratulations to your Daughter!!!

Kristin- How exciting, I am so happy for you!!!

Jillian- Now I feel crazy for complaining about 68, 40's during the day!! Wow that is cold for October.

I am ready for Halloween. I love halloween decorations and well of course candy!!! It will be hard to resist the reeses they are my favorite. Baby Andrew is going to be Handy Manny for Halloween, I am not sure about the other kids. They change their minds so quickly and they all want to be something scary and gross I am sure. I use to dress up but I have not in years. I might just wear cat ears or something simple. when the kids were smaller. I dressed up like Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz and I had a little tin man, lion and scare crow it was quite adorable. Then a few years after that we were all characters from star wars. I really would like to be snow white and have them all including my husband be the seven dwarfs but that will never happen,but how cute would that be..

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will be cleaning, raking leaves and balancing our budget to accomodate 2 sets of braces. fun!!!

mj2007
10-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Hey All,
Just a quick hello...I am completing my 2 months today and going for measurements at COD...wish me luck!!!!

Kristin,Laurie- Congrats!

Joan- Amen!:D

Catch you later...

dawn78
10-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Amy M - I LOVE Halloween too. We decorate the whole yard as a cemetery. We all dress up as a family and this year's theme is 1920's flapper (for the women and girls) and Gangsters (for the men and boys). This might be our last year of it though, we're moving and our new neighbors don't get into it like our current neighbors do. Last year we had over 1300 trick-or-treaters in a 5 block stretch. This year being it's on a Saturday and if the weather is nice I'm sure we'll top last year's number. We're only moving a block away so you would think that we could still get the trick-or-treaters but for some reason it just drops off at the corner. I'll have to get more creative and draw the kids down our way. Oh well, at least I get this year yet, I made sure of that when we were deciding on closing dates!

JLem311
10-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Laurie- That is great, Congratulations to your Daughter!!!

Kristin- How exciting, I am so happy for you!!!

Jillian- Now I feel crazy for complaining about 68, 40's during the day!! Wow that is cold for October.

I am ready for Halloween. I love halloween decorations and well of course candy!!! It will be hard to resist the reeses they are my favorite. Baby Andrew is going to be Handy Manny for Halloween, I am not sure about the other kids. They change their minds so quickly and they all want to be something scary and gross I am sure. I use to dress up but I have not in years. I might just wear cat ears or something simple. when the kids were smaller. I dressed up like Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz and I had a little tin man, lion and scare crow it was quite adorable. Then a few years after that we were all characters from star wars. I really would like to be snow white and have them all including my husband be the seven dwarfs but that will never happen,but how cute would that be..

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will be cleaning, raking leaves and balancing our budget to accomodate 2 sets of braces. fun!!!

jag was handy manny last year! he loved it and looked so cute! i got his costume from ebay. this year he's going to be optimus prime and Julia is going to be an angel with one of her many flower girl dresses and baby X is going to be a box of sugar babies (another ebay find! )

Mama Nicole
10-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Wow, lots of good things happening for everyone...how exciting.

I am beginning to get ready for Halloween. I bought one costume, dug out the old ones to see what we can recycle, and bought 6 pumpkins at Aldi today.......they were only $1.99 each, and they are huge. I was super excited :) I usually spend a pretty penny for pumkins, so to only have to spend 12 bucks was like a tiny dream :) Well, there was that one year that we grew pumpkins, and we had hundreds of them lining the house and flower beds.....that was awesome :) Halloween gets to be a pretty big expense for our big family, and I used to make the kids costumes, but it is more expensive to do that now than it used to be. I don't understand why fabric stores are so high priced now. And it is impossible to find basics there. I went into a faric store last year, and I asked the girl who worked there if they had any batiste.....and she looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language....she really had no clue what it was. It is very frustrating. Anyway, my sissy and one of my besties are here visitng for the weekend, so I must sign off....but I will be back tomorrow to see how everyone is doing ;)
XOXO