100 lb. Club - Planning is the key!!!

View Full Version : Planning is the key!!!

ANewCreation
09-27-2009, 01:15 PM
I have lost 30#'s.

The last two weeks I have been helping my friend who died of a brain tumor on Wed of this week. My daily physical activity was greatly increased and while I was often stressed I did not reach out to food as I once did. I even forgot to eat lunch one day while I was out there.

Yesterday I put together the reception after the memorial service. I was surrounded by food that many wonderful people brought. I ate a good healthy lunch on the way to the service, with my son driving. I took a healthy snack to eat on the way to her house before setting the recption up. I drank at least 3 bottles of water while I was there. When I came home 8 hours later I was exhausted. My husband fixed me one of my healthy frozen dinners and I ate. I did not put even ONE thing in my mouth that wasn't part of my plan!!!

In the past I would have 'blown it'. But, through this site I have learned planning is the key. And it works. All the words of wisdom I've recieved here have started to change my eating patterns. I start to recognize when I'm eating for reasons other than hunger. I had even said to my husband on the way home, I am hungry and I just want a burger. Then I said to him, NO. I do not want fast food. I am going home and choosing from all the good foods I know are there. I could see my emotional trigger and thwarted it. IN the past I would have said, you've worked so hard all day--in heels at that!--you deserve to have this. You've burned off so many calories, blah, blah, blah. NOT ANYMORE! I recognize this behavior and I can stop it if I want to. I want to!

I hope I have encouraged someone today. I am not bragging but I am truly amazed at these changes. I am thankful for these changes. I thank each and everyone one out there who has helped me with your encouraging stories and helpful tips.

Thank you. Couldn't have done it without 3FC!!!! :hug:

Judy Lynn
09-27-2009, 01:20 PM
:hug: My condolences on the loss of your friend.

Planning is key, that is for sure! You did extremely well sticking to your plan through such a trying time. Well done!

MandiK
09-27-2009, 02:00 PM
I agree that planning is key. Sorry about your friend :(

Isn't it fun when you forget to eat? Last week I made an AMAZING stir fry and I had one portion. I didn't even consider having seconds because I was satisfied. Last year at this time I would have finished the stir fry just because it was good, not because I was hungry. As I was eating the left over stir fry the next day for lunch I was thinking about that and it really made my day.

beerab
09-27-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend- I'm sure they would be proud that you stuck to a healthy choice.

bcort
09-27-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm sorry about your friend. You did a wonderful job helping her & helping yourself, too.

Selenan
09-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm so sorry about your friend, but great job on being so committed to your own health as well.

Alana in Canada
09-27-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, too. So hard.:hug:

You did well: you can see why Rockin'Robin says that eating "on plan" all the time IS the "treat"--it is the reward you want for having worked hard (and in heels!). The fast food burger is not the reward. Never again. Yuck.

And please, you aren't bragging. Not at all. Or--if you are--Brag on! We need to hear from someone making the right choice when it's hard. Well, I do. (That was the royal "we.")

time2lose
09-28-2009, 08:38 AM
I also am sorry for your loss. Kudos to you for not letting this throw you off plan and for sticking to your healthy diet. You are right, planning is key!

Beverlyjoy
09-28-2009, 08:40 AM
I am so, so sorry to hear of your good friend's passing.

You are 'in the zone' with food. I am so happy that you got through this stressful time without bingeing and with good planning. Kudos!!

ANewCreation
09-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for all the condolences and kind words. Thanks for the encouragement!