Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/167/125

Height: 5'1

Default I need my mojo back

I did so well for the first 7 months of the year. I've lost about 55 lbs since Jan 1st, but most of that was through July and it's just tapered off to a trickle. I seems to have lost my mojo. I've been excersizig less and less, I was working out 5 or 6 days a week and am now down to 2 days a week. I used to track my food compulivly on Weight Watchers nline, and now rarely do it.

I'm even buying candy and hiding it so that when I want to eat it I have it around, previously I was not having any junk food in the house.

I love how I feel no vs. How I felt before, and I still have a good 30-40 lbs to lose, but I seem to have lost my mojo... and I worry it won't come back, and I will be the same fat chick I have always been
AKJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKJenn View Post
I did so well for the first 7 months of the year. I've lost about 55 lbs since Jan 1st, but most of that was through July and it's just tapered off to a trickle. I seems to have lost my mojo. I've been excersizig less and less, I was working out 5 or 6 days a week and am now down to 2 days a week. I used to track my food compulivly on Weight Watchers nline, and now rarely do it.

I'm even buying candy and hiding it so that when I want to eat it I have it around, previously I was not having any junk food in the house.

I love how I feel no vs. How I felt before, and I still have a good 30-40 lbs to lose, but I seem to have lost my mojo... and I worry it won't come back, and I will be the same fat chick I have always been
Thing is, it WON'T come back. You've got to go out there and GET IT BACK. You've got to TAKE it back.

Another thing, stop relying on mojo. COMMIT to feeling wonderful and being healthy and the best you that you can be - 199%. Make that commitment and then there's no way that you can not not do this. Then you do it all whether you feel like it or not.

Reread your post. Get back to what "worked" in the past. Tracking your food faithfully and working out 5 days a week. Stop buying that candy. Just stop it! RECOMMIT. Don't let this lapse turn into a relapse into a total COLLAPSE. Catch it now. Right now. THIS HERE AND NOW. Before it goes any further. Go back to dieting 101. Relearn those new and healthy eating behaviors. GET YOURSELF BACK IN THE GROOVE.

Remember the program works if you work the program. START working it once again.

You CAN do this. You absolutely can. And you should.

Why wouldn't you???????
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #3  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Love what rockinrobin said! Along with going back to what worked before, is it time to mix things up a bit? Add a little something new? I find that I have to fight boredom to keep going long term.

One of my goals is to read 90 books that support my healthy lifestyle while I'm losing my 90 pounds. That keeps things fresh for me -- of course, I don't change things with every book, but there's always a good idea or two even if I reject the main part of the program because I want to stick with what's working for me.

Since you're slacking on exercise, maybe that would be a thing to target. Try a new exercise for you. If you've been working out in a gym, maybe it's time to take some nice long walks. If you've been walking, maybe it's time to try some exercise DVDs.

Also how about trying one of the challenges on this site? I'm about to exercise 1200 minutes this month for really no other reason than that I said I would in the September Exercise Challenge thread. Next month, I'm going for 1300 minutes!

I won't say "good luck" because one thing I've learned from rockinrobin is that it isn't about luck, but I'm sending you lots of warm thoughts to help you work this out for yourself.
gardenerjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/167/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Thing is, it WON'T come back. You've got to go out there and GET IT BACK. You've got to TAKE it back.

Another thing, stop relying on mojo. COMMIT to feeling wonderful and being healthy and the best you that you can be - 199%. Make that commitment and then there's no way that you can not not do this. Then you do it all whether you feel like it or not.

Reread your post. Get back to what "worked" in the past. Tracking your food faithfully and working out 5 days a week. Stop buying that candy. Just stop it! RECOMMIT. Don't let this lapse turn into a relapse into a total COLLAPSE. Catch it now. Right now. THIS HERE AND NOW. Before it goes any further. Go back to dieting 101. Relearn those new and healthy eating behaviors. GET YOURSELF BACK IN THE GROOVE.

Remember the program works if you work the program. START working it once again.

You CAN do this. You absolutely can. And you should.

Why wouldn't you???????
Awesome Post Robin- wow. Seriously- that was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. Thank you!!!
AKJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #5  

Can't say it better than Robin - take it back and it WILL be there, you know what works, know what to do and know what feels great.

If you need an extra kick look for something that will give that to you - consult with a trainer for some changes to your workout routine so that you're excited about it, keep your food journal so you know what you're eating and it keeps you on track. All the good stuff you know to do will pull you through this.

You've done so well so far, you're well on your way to your goal. You WILL get there! Good luck!
getfitchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

You can do this!! To kinda keep myself on track, I like to cook and try new recipes. My recent thing has been making homemade cupcakes, brownies, muffins, etc that are low in fat. This way, I feel like I am treating myself and my family but still keeping on track. It's just a little thing that's been helping me, but it seems to be working so far.

Another thing I do (around every other week or so) is go off plan for a day, but jump right back on the next day. I know that not everyone can do this successfully, but for me it's really worked. For that day or that meal I basically have what I want but know that I have to be good the rest of the time. Instead of eating bad during the week (like candy -- I'm a candy lover too), I'll think to myself that if I really want it, I'll have it on Saturday. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. My husband basically does this every Saturday....again I am more like every other week. This, for me, has helped me stay on track all this time. Like pizza for example......I can't really live a life where I never have pizza. I don't mean low-fat pizza either, I mean the good stuff from my favorite pizzeria. So sometimes, I go and have it. But the next day I'm back on track. For me, I think I can keep up with this for a lifetime. I'm hoping so at least.

You can do this...find something to keep yourself on track and just start eating better and exercizing more!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #7  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

^what robin said^

you cant rely on "motivation" because it comes and goes. just DO it.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

Default mojo advise

What worked for you in the beginning may not always work as you get closer to your goal. Stop & re-assess... What worked before? What can I tweak/add/change/increase/adjust etc to get back on track?

Don't let fear get the best of you. Your mind's in the driver's seat, your body's just the vehicle! Be honest with yourself. Don't hold yourself back from something you deserve!

When I asked the same question here a while back when I was really struggling, I received wonderful advise from people who know their stuff. Someone said to have 3 good days, and that really stuck with me. When you're in a slump, just try 3 days in a row of doing something right... track your food on WW, exercise, no candy, whatever. Something about that really really helped me. Sometimes after the 3 days I'd fall down again, but eventually I got my mojo back, and now I'm better able to get back on track when my mojo slips now & then.

Like Robin said, You CAN do this. You absolutely can. And you WILL!! Now, go kick some butt!

Also, you are doing GREAT!!! Don't forget how far you've come!

Last edited by kellygram; 09-27-2009 at 06:01 PM.
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #9  
SWMBO

S/C/G: 287/258/169

Height: 5'9

OK, I've just GOT to say it...

Robin, The Great Motivator!

sherrybwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'