Weight Loss Support - We've Lost over 186 lbs! Another 4 wk challenge!!!

Gennel
07-21-2002, 11:48 AM
Welcome :)

I hope to see some familiar names join soon :)
I started a thread called 4 wk challenge. The first went great,the second went great, and our third went great as well! Making mini goals for each month has been the best for others and myself as well. Our group has grown recently. Since our first challenge we've lost a total of 186.9 lbs. Even though my weekly weight loss has slowed down to 1-2 lbs a week, with some weeks maintaining. It has been steady and I feel really good about doing this the right way for the first time. I found 3fc website in Feb. 2002 when I decided to finally do something about it. So far in 5 and a half months I've lost 53 lbs. I have 11 more lbs to go to reach my personal goal. I will keep doing challenges just to maintain my goal weight. As many of you who have lost and gained it all back and then some, you know that maintaining your goal weight is the MOST DIFFICULT thing to do. Success to me isn't actually losing all this weight,success for me is keeping it off for good. That is my main priority right now(eating well and exercise) Those are the only two effective ways I know of permanently keeping the weight off. If anyone out there ever finds that " Magic Pill" please let me know lol!
For those who want to join ,just send me a PM (private message) and let me know how many pounds you'd like to lose in the next 4 weeks. I'm setting my goal for the next 4 weeks at 6 lbs. We weigh in every Saturday,then let me know if you lost,maintained or gained.

Gen..Goal 6 lbs..

Kina..Goal 6 lbs

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal..2 lbs..

Grizzlyschick.Goal..10 lbs

Boatingmommy..Goal..6 lbs

Appleblossom..Goal..8 lbs

Thinlizzie..Goal..4 lbs

rain272..Goal.10 lbs

Gen
194/141/130

"If you want your dreams come true,wake up"

Manatees
07-21-2002, 06:42 PM
Hi Gennel

Thanks so much for doing these 4 week challanges they are sooo helpful. I'm going to set my goal for another 8 pounds. I think life is starting to slow down alittle so I hope to get back on track. I was thinking about the weight I have lost even tho I still want to lose 50 more pounds or so. I have lost 15 and that is the weight of the baby I watch. That really helps me see what I have lost. Well good luck to everyone this challange.

boatingmommy
07-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Okay, I took some serious time off, and need to jump back into the fight. I would like to lose 6 pounds in the challenge. that would put me at 160 pounds. I am maintaining, but need to fulfill the promise that I made to myself.

We have also set the dates for our trip to Disney World next June. That is 11 months away and counting. I really want to look and feel great when we go. I envision myself fitting on the rides and not being uncomfortable about my size. We went to Silver Dollar City a few years back when I was a size 22. NOT FUN! I was so embarrassed that my fat was being squished to put the safety harnesses on. NOT GONNA HAPPEN NEXT TIME!

I know I can do it...just gotta get to it!

BoatingMommy

Yoyo Mom
07-22-2002, 05:00 PM
Gen,

I want to add my thanks for posting the 4-week challenge. It's what finally got me started this time around. I'm very happy with my progress.

Please put me in for 2 pounds for the next challenge. It's not a big goal but I will be encountering vacation during this challenge and after I get started I don't tend to lose weight very quickly anyway.

grizzlyschick
07-22-2002, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing fine. Gennel I want to set another 10 pound goal. I meant to pm you the other day, but didn't remember if I had or not. Hoping for a good loss this week. I've increased my speed and levels on the treadmill and lifecycle. Unless I tie the trainer down I don't know when I'll get the rest of my sessions. I think the cardio is good for me now anyway, because I'm finally showing a loss in my breasts again. Thought they'd never start shrinking again!:lol: Well I wish everyone luck this week. Take care. Di

Gennel
07-22-2002, 07:33 PM
Hey boatingmommy! welcome back! The 6 lbs sounds like a great goal :) Grizzly ,good going at the Gym! I dont doubt you will reach your 10 lb goal if you keep doing what you're doing girl!
Yoyomom, I put you in the challenge for 2 lbs. Any loss is a good loss!

Gen
194/141/130

"If you want your dreams to come true,wake up"

Apple Blossom
07-23-2002, 01:11 AM
Well, I lost a big at 0 pounds last month. I'm doing great with the exercise but I have to admit I'm not really dieting. My husband will be away for 2 weeks during this challenge. I'm much better at dieting when he is away. However, I'm taking a trip with the kids to visit my mother, so we'll just have to take it one day at a time. My goal will be 7.5 again. Oh, make it 8.
Glad to hear everyone else is doing so well!

boatingmommy
07-23-2002, 09:46 AM
HOOOOWWWDDDYY!!! Boy am I supercharged this morning. Yesterday was soooo good for me. I did 1/2 hour of aerobics tape, and then in the evening I did the 1/2 hour of weight workout on the tape. One hour!!!! Boy did that give my body a wake up call. Teensie bit sore today, but ready to do it again! I think instead, since the heat broke, I will try and get at least a 45 minute walk in at lunch time. Working at home today on the computer, so I can steal a little extra time for myself with no commute.

It is absolutely gorgeous here, 30 minutes from St. Louis. 74 degrees right now and not a cloud in the sky! Hope everyone has a good one!

Boating:cool:

jen519
07-23-2002, 05:27 PM
Hi everyone.

I went on a "spur-of-the-moment" camping trip last weekend and so I haven't been on-line since Thursday I think. I'm so glad we've got another challenge going. Even though I had some tough times the last few weeks (still maintaining after a 2 pound gain) I'm ready to work hard again. I'm going to set an 8 pound goal again. This time I'm actually going to lose 8 pounds! That's what a goal is for isn't it. Still, I'm down 10 pounds from where I started in the first 4-week challenge I joined. As long as I don't look at the big picture (SCARY!), I think that's a good chunk.

Jen
238/228/140

thinlizzie
07-23-2002, 09:13 PM
hey there all you losers! This has been such a good time so far, that i cannot miss out on another challenge. I will set a goal of 4# for this one....better to aim high! I have 7 more to go to my goal weight and i know it will be a struggle...but with all the posts it sure keeps the motivation going.

you all sound like you are making the right kind of plan to achieve your goals. Good for all of you. I'll be in touch later!
take care,
thinlizzie
:wave: :strong:

Gennel
07-23-2002, 10:18 PM
Appleblossom: I put you down for 8 lbs on this challenge! YGG!!

Jen519: I think 10 lbs gone since our last challenge is simply
awesome girl!!!

Boatingmommy: Keep up that exercise as often as you can and
you will see that scale budge soon!

As for me we've been running around not eating the best of things since friday. We're looking into buying a lot for a house and talking to so many different builders that it's driving me nuts already cause everything is moving too fast!!!
I've had Wendy's grilled chicken breast sandwhiches for two days in a row,plus I take a few fries from my hubby.Not a lot but still Ishouldnt be eating 10-12 fries lol . No mayo of course. I missed the Gym today which killed me! lol Since we drove a 4 hr roundtrip and Iwas dead tired. I got a little scared that I thought I would have a gain for sure but actually I think I had a slight loss in the few

Gennel
07-23-2002, 10:25 PM
I couldnt finish the rest of my last post for some reason??
Anyway I meant to say that Iguess some of stress got to me this weekend until today. I guess somewhere along the line I was actually more active than I thought I was lol

good night,
Gen

" IF you want your dreams to come true,wake up"

Gennel
07-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Well I have come to a point in my weightloss that my (Diet Journal) is like an umbilical cord that needs to be cut already. I have been a faithful to my diet journal Since Feb 2002. I mean I would write down if I ate half of an apple, how many lowfat chips I had , everything in detail(calories ,fat,how much exercise, how much water for the day) It surely has helped me be accountable for everything that goes in my mouth! lol BUT.....I have to start learning to estimate and serve myself portions without being so critical of the weight of the food and size lol. I would weigh my pasta ,meat andsauce. Then I would cook it seperate like that I knew exactly how many calories in that dish. I will try the "no journaling until next saturday and see how it goes. I'm still pushing the lots of water and exercise at least 5-6 days a week.
Wish me luck!

Gen
194/141/130

Manatees
07-24-2002, 09:59 PM
Hi All

I hope everyone is having a good week so far. I can't wait for the weekend. I'm really looking for school to start but like weight lose we have to take little steps, so I my goal is to make it to the weekend.....LOL.

Well I had a great exercise day..I went to the track and walked 2 miles. I even jogged a little. We would jog on the back stretch of the track and are hopping to increase this a little more each time. Food intake was not very good today but I got 2 miles in so I h\am happy with that.:)

Gennel good luck cutting the "cord" you have come so far and done so well I just know you will be able to this.

Kina
07-25-2002, 12:45 AM
Hello to everyone. I haven't been posting I have been busy. The kids went back to school Tuesday. They are year round so they only get 6 weeks off for summer. So I have been busy with them at school, then the homework after school, and then all the stories of how their day went. Then soccer practice afterwards. So I guess you could say I am a little busy.

On the other hand I am doing really good sticking to my weight loss. I think I am down some. I hope that come Saturday when we weigh in I will be able to report great news.

talk more later it is late and i have to get up early to get these kids off to school. bye. kina

boatingmommy
07-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Boy is it HOT!!!95 degrees here. Yuck! Well, I am getting geared up to start the aerobics tape in a few minutes. Thought I would take a couple of minutes for some support reading. Sounds like everyone is giving it some effort.

Gennel, I agree that sooner or later you have to give up counting every little thing and let your instincts take over. You don't want to live the rest of your life with a scale in one hand. That is the worst thing about maintenance. You have to be able to monitor yourself...and start doing it naturally or the weight will start to come back.

I hadn't weighed myself in a couple of weeks, and I figured I hadn't gained, but I did! I have spent all week working off 4 pounds that came back while I was slacking. AND I MEAN SLACKING...loaded pizza, OLIVE GARDEN, corn dog at the Homecoming...lots of bad stuff that I know better than to eat. Well, I may not be able to report a good loss for this week. I will probably end up back at 166....but I am back on the wagon. Doing some weight training and boy oh boy!!! I could barely move yesterday. Not so bad today. I think I will be okay if I stick with the aerobics, and weight train tomorrow.

Well, fight the good fight everybody!

Boatingmommy

grizzlyschick
07-25-2002, 04:14 PM
Hi everyone. I finally got my 2nd training session this morning. It was great. I did leg exercises and some arms all with weights. I can't wait until Saturday to report my weight loss this week. I've been doing intense cardio all the rest of the week and boy has it shown. I saw some friends from 2nd shift at my job who I haven't seen since February. 2 of them told me they had to do a double take because they couldn't believe it's me. :angel: I'm on cloud nine! I've hit my 3rd big goal will let you all know on weigh on what it is and what weight I'm at now. Thanks again Gennel for encouraging me to go to the gym. The results I'm seeing just from the intense cardio for the last 3 weeks is absolutely incredible. Your encouragement and everyone elses has helped me so much. These challenges push me to try so much harder. Can't wait till Saturday. Good luck everyone. Di

Gennel
07-25-2002, 09:31 PM
Boating a gain is a gain I can imagine how you felt . But on the very bright side you caught it in time and you will drop those 4 lbs in no time!

Di, I'm so proud of you girl. The gym will do wonders! Since I joined the Gym I havent had to cut down on certain foods as much as I thought to get to my goal. I cut down for a few days to get my body off the "High calorie,low calorie routine" I feel comfortable with 1-2 lbs a week. So far so good :)

I dont want to say Good Luck to everyone cause Luck has nothing to do with it I know lol. Hope everyone stays OP and gives it their all for this saturday's Weigh In!

Gen

boatingmommy
07-26-2002, 09:33 AM
Hey gals! I am leaving after work to go camping, so I weighed in this morning. As I predicted, I am back at 166. Thank goodness that 4 pounds came off right away. Kinda helped when TOM started. I think a couple of the pounds were total water weight.

I did the whole hour of the workout tape yesterday...1/2 hour aerobics, 1/2 hour weight training. I hope to get back from work in time to do at least the aerobics before leaving for the weekend.

Di, doesn't it feel great to run into people you haven't seen in a while? I used to see people in the store or the supermarket and run and hide behind something so they wouldn't see me cause I had gained so much weight. Now it feels good to see people. They always say how good I'm looking. What a boost to the old ego!!! You had to have felt proud. The hard work is paying off.

Well, I have got to get going! Stay on Program for the weekend...you can all do it!

Apple Blossom
07-27-2002, 01:57 AM
Hey, where is everybody? I was having a great day, sticking to the diet for the first time in weeks but then along came the time of day when I really crave a beer or other happy drink so I logged on to stay on track but no one had posted today!!I browsed other threads but it's like talking to stangers...anyway, I resisted my craving and had a great day. I hope everyone else did too!!

Yoyo Mom
07-27-2002, 09:37 AM
Ugh. Well I have to report a 0.5 lb gain for this week. Good thing I have such a modest goal! But the gain is probably water retention... I had a *big* bowl of salty Vietnamese pho (beef soup) for dinner last night and I skipped most of the noodles & meat. I had better numers earlier this week so I think it will come off again before the next weigh-in.

Apple, great job checking in here then staying OP!

Good for you Boating Mommy! Enjoy the camping trip.

Good for you, too, Di. I haven't managed to get on the exercise train yet, but keep at it (and you too, Gen) to inspire me some day!

Hope everyone else has better luck with their weigh-ins this week.

grizzlyschick
07-27-2002, 09:54 AM
:D Way to go AppleBlossom on not giving into your craving. I know sometimes it's hard not to give into a cold beer when it's calling your name. I'm invited to a party tonight and the host is mad because I told her I don't want to be tempted by all the food and drinks there. It's hard not to give in.
Well I finally hit another goal. I lost 5 pounds this week! I am now at 255 which gives me a total loss of 75 pounds. Only 25 more to go to have a hundred off. I really hope I can make 200 by Christmas. Hopefully if I keep up with the intense cardio and add weights I can get there faster. I hope everyone has a great weigh in today. Take care. Di

Kina
07-27-2002, 10:33 AM
:cp: Way to go Di. That is great news to hear how the gym is paying off. You keep at it girl. Oooooh and 5 lbs gone! I am envious but also inspired. I am right behind you girl.

YoYomom, I don't want to steer you wrong here...but I don't see food as the enemy. I say as long as you enjoyed it then it was worth it. Just don't do it too often. We know what over indulgence does to our bodies. I ate a Big Mac meal the other day, something I hadn't had since before June 1, I enjoyed every bite of it. I knew that I was going to have to commit to working it off that evening. Another thing I read is that food with lots of sodium causes you to retain unecessary water which will cause a gain. Something to think about.

Appleblossom, it is good to hear that you were able to make the better choice for yourself. It will pay off in the end.

Boatingmommy, have a safe camping trip. Those 4 lbs will be off before you know it. Just commit yourself to those aerobic workouts. You'll be there in no time.

Manatees, the weekend is here. How are you?:) I hope you had an OP week. It sounds like you did. So when does school start? Will people have to take a 2nd look to know it is you. That is what I am shooting for when i go back in September.

Gennel, how is the weaning going? I have never gotten into journaling. I am too busy to commit. I guess it is like weight loss take it one day at a time.

Thanks to Gennel's thread, the success stories, and encouraging words from everybody on this thread without you all I would not be able to report a 1.5 lb loss for the week. I am too excited! Thank you ALL! Put it down Gennel before I gain it back by inhaling (LOL) that is how it feels sometimes. Well I am only 2.5 lbs away from my mini goal and then I'll go from there. Thanks again. kina

jen519
07-27-2002, 11:28 AM
Hi all,

I'm happy to report a 2 lb loss for this week. That puts me back to where I was 3 weeks ago when I went off track. Moving forward again. I have to say once again, this thread has made all the difference in the world and I'm so grateful to Gennel for starting it and all you other wonderful women for posting too.

I know that when I hit that spot a while back where I just wouldn't stay OP it was pretty predictable given my history. What is different is that I had a place (virtual anyway) to come even with the gain and the bad eating and the no excersizing where I am accepted for just being here. You guys are AWESOME! Now, instead of totally giving up and gaining it all back, I was able to maintain after gaining only 2 pounds back and now I'm losing again.

I'm picking my daughter up from camp this morning. She went for 3 nights. I got a letter from her yesterday saying she was having a great time. She must have sent it the first day, though. I hope it continued that way. It's so great to watch her grow up. She is so much like me in a lot of ways (mostly the negative ones!) and so different from me in other ways. I was so homesick when I went to camp the summer after 4th grade, I though I was going to die. She's so much more outgoing than I ever was. I'm so proud of her. Sometime I forget she's only 10, though. She's so responsible that I tend to expect it from her. Then when she acts like a normal 10-year-old, I get angry. I'm trying to keep it all in perspective.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I will definitely find time to post at least once more this weekend. I don't have anything planned, but sometimes (confession time) I have this rebellious streak. A while back, when I was struggling so, I sat at my computer eating an entire pizza and checked all my e-mails, but ignoring the ones telling about now posts here. Am I bad, or what? I wonder what it would have been like to post that night.
Hmm...

Jen
238/226/140

Manatees
07-27-2002, 02:51 PM
Hi all

Well I totally spaced out this mornings weigh in. I was going to do it before I left this morning, but I'm not a morning person and had to leave to early this morning for my mind to be working. I will weigh in tomorrow morning.

Di..Great job at reaching another goal;) You are doing great.

Kina..School for the kids starts Sept 2 I believe. They are driving me nuts. It doesn't help that I'm with them 24/7. My hubby has ball 2 nights a week and he also works on a pit crew for a friend of ours so that 4 more nights a week he is gone. I also work 2 nights a week that's my time away from kids (i also do in home child care during the day) I love my 8 hours a week that I'm at work away from kids. I don't think people will ever have to do a second look to know its me. I have only lost 15 pounds so far. Ok I don't mean only as a bad thing I'm very happy they are gone, just mean my looks haven't changed that much. Last summer I had to people reconize me from grade school. Gee I had hoped my looks had changed some from way back them....LOL

Well all I hope I haven't bored you all. Great Job everyone. Looking forward to another great week. I can say this was a great week because I haven't stepped on the scale yet...LOL

Apple Blossom
07-27-2002, 06:12 PM
:( Well, I can't report a loss this week, but I'm sure it's because of TOM. I've been really, really good for...ummm...2 days.:dz: I'm willing to bet that next week will be great. It is sooo much easier to diet when DH isn't around. Although it's harder to sleep.....
Congrats to all you losers!!

Gennel
07-27-2002, 11:24 PM
Hi everyone,
I was away since early this morning with whole family and sister ,her kids and my mom. A little more up north Florida looking for a homesite( lot ) . I made french toast this morning using 2 light wheat breads,dipped in eggbeaters with sprinkled cinnamon and some sugarfree Carry's syrup. All of that for about 120 calories! and 1 fatgram . There I go again calculating in my head lol . I havent journaled and Ive been doing well so far. I stepped on the scale and it was at 139.5 ! youch!woo hoo. Then on it again 140 lbs lol and 139.5. So I'm leaving it at a 1.5 lb loss for this week! lol :cb:

Gen..Goal 6 lbs.. Loss 1.5 lbs

Kina..Goal 6 lbs Loss 1.5 lbs

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal..2 lbs.. Loss 0.5 lbs

Grizzlyschick.Goal..10 lbs Loss 5 lbs

Thinlizzie..Goal..4 lbs Loss (maint)

Jen519 ...Goal... Loss 2 lbs

rain272..Goal 10 lbs..(just joined!)

Gen
194/139.5/130

thinlizzie
07-29-2002, 07:44 AM
Sounds like this group is really doing well...more #'s have gone missing! YEAH! A big round applause for all of you who've done so well. :cp: These challenges make a big difference for all of us.

I stayed the same on the scale this week, but i am planning a new aerobic routine to make some body changes. Also keeping my resistance/toning workout going. That seems to be making some minor differences in how my clothes fit, and that is very satistying right now. I am close to goal and i am going to stop worrying about getting to 'that' special #...just keep the exercise going. Kathy Smith had two pages of moves to add to a persons walking routine(in Aug issue of Family Circle) and i'm trying to incorportate those into my walks. And drinking more of that H20...that is way too easy to leave behind and substitute for other things! Like the long island iced teas on my mini vacation this weekend! YIKES. so i'm back at it and i'll leave you with some good tidbits....maybe one of them will be the ONE you need to read to give you a boost! Good luck all.

bye for now,
thinlizzie :cb: :wave: :strong: " Accept the past for what it was.
Acknowledge the present for what it is.
Anticipate the future for what it can be."
--- Tracy L. McNair --- Georgia

" Being fearless is not courageous.
Courage is knowing fear,
But doing what must be done anyway."
--- Ron Bechtlofft --- Texas

" We grow great by dreams.
All big men are dreamers.
They see things in the soft haze of a warm summer's day
Or in the red fire of a long winter's evening.
Some of us let these great dreams die,
But others nourish and protect them,
And bring them to the sunshine and light
That come always to those who believe that their dreams will come true."
--- Woodrow Wilson --- Submitted by James A. Fulton --- Connecticut

" Your ideas are like diamonds.
Without the refining process they are just rock,
But by cutting away the impurities, they become priceless!!"
--- Paul Kearley --- New Brunswick, Canada
" You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you."
--- Mary Tyler Moore --

The real work of art is what you do with your own life."
--- Jennifer Prugh --- California

Don't try to be perfect

Most dieters try to be perfect.
Result?
They fail, and give up dieting in disgust.

Wake up to the truth!
Trying to be perfect is one of
the quickest ways to fail.

So don't try to lose weight too fast.
Don't quit dieting if you have a bad day.

A better approach
Be prepared to make mistakes.
Aim to improve your eating habits gradually.
Accept bad days as quite natural.

This removes a lot of the stress and
failure we feel.

And makes it MUCH easier
to carry on.

boatingmommy
07-29-2002, 09:23 AM
Hello to one and all. Well, back to the grind!

Camping was good and bad....and ugly. Had a great day Saturday. Boated and swam a lot. (Good excercise) The weather was hot but there was a nice breeze and everyone's kids got along pretty good (always a plus). Sunday morning we woke up and the airconditioner and everything electric had died in the middle of the night....hot times. So we had to pack up first thing in the morning and come home and drop the camper off at the dealership to get it fixed before next weekend when we are having KID FREE WEEKEND!!!!

Did fair with eating this weekend. Our friends all brought something to dinner after we boated all day on Saturday. Fruit Salad was yummy! I contributed sloppy joes and tried to stick to just a little on half a bun.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and feels good about starting a new week.

Boating

jen519
07-29-2002, 04:21 PM
Happy Monday all!
Happy Monday? Isn't that an oxymoron or something? Oh well, I feel like I'm starting over not just at work but with my eating and excersizing as well. I went for a short walk last night and then got out my total gym. I had to watch the video again to get work-out ideas and specific excercises. I planned on doing them this A.M., but couldn't drag my but out of bed. I've decided that I'll do it after my dinner has digested, but before it's too close to bedtime. And I think that since it's not hot like it was for several weeks, I'll take my walk before dinner. Sounds like a lot and I don't know if I'll follow through, but it seems possible from where I'm sitting right now. Besides, I want to get the weight loss jump-started again.
Hey, I actually have work again! Post later...

Jen
238/226/140

grizzlyschick
07-29-2002, 05:13 PM
Finally got my final training session with weights today. I found that some of the things that the 1st trainer had showed me were wrong, at least the techniques were, so I was grateful that the trainer today went over it all with me. I will be doing weights every other day. So one day arms, back and cardio, the next day only cardio, and then the following day shoulders, stomach and arms and cardio. See cardio everyday. I told him I've gotten results with cardio and won't give it up. He said that the cardio is what's helping the weight loss pick up, and the weights will help me tone up. I can't believe I actually like going. I'm thinking that once I get closer to goal, maybe I'll incorporate more weight training. I read about interval training and about how to incorporate it into a treadmill routine. I tried it today and could really tell a difference. The article said to pick a random program or one that incorporates hills and inclines, and then spend so many minutes at one speed, then a higher speed, then a higher speed and then back down. I read that by continuously doing this through the workout that you're burning more fat than a regular routine. Let's hope so. Gonna do more research. I'm sorry to keep going on. Just excited that I finally have a program to follow. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care- Di;)

boatingmommy
07-30-2002, 09:01 AM
Gosh, can you gals believe that July is just about over. Where does the time go?

Grizzly, I am soooo excited for you. It is exciting when you see all of your hard work paying off. And I know I feel better when I have a plan of action. Good for you!!!

Well, I didn't get the workout in that I had planned yesterday. Instead I push mowed the whole yard, which is about a 45 minute task. I also took the 4 year old for a bike ride last night. I have one of those nice jogging strollers that also can be hooked up to a bike. It was a good investment. So I imagine that overall worked out at a different pace for about an hour and a half. Not as intense as I am used to, but better than nothing.

Well, we are doing a NO KIDS weekend at the lake. This is always a fun once a year event. But I am worried about all of the munching and drinking. I am really going to have to watch myself and keep myself in check. I don't know if it's just my friends...but I always feel like they are pressuring me to eat or maybe they just don't understand how important it is for me to lose the rest of this weight. That's kind of how I got off track the past couple of months. Every weekend we are boating and camping and everyone makes salads and dips, and bar-b-que. Way more food than I keep at our house! This weekend I am taking veggies and all the fixins for a huge bowl of salad. Plus my vinagarette. Maybe I can fill up on that and won't want all of the other goodies.

Okay, enough about me...how are you gals??!

Boating. :lol:

Yoyo Mom
07-30-2002, 12:17 PM
Gen... unfortunately, I have to correct the weigh-in post. I reported a 0.5 lb *gain* on Saturday, not a 0.5 lb loss. I think I will be able to show a net loss at the next weigh-in, though. This morning I was down a pound from the start (-1.5 from last weigh-in) so I should be OK. I do fluctuate quite a bit and I lose weight slowly so it's sometimes hard to know if I'm on track or not.

I've been doing more social eating than usual and it's hard to stay OP when not eating at home. But I'm doing pretty well at indulging a little without throwing in the towel. But I do need to retrench and stick to my own cooking in order to make good progress.

Jen, good for you getting restarted with the exercise. It's still on my todo list. Kudos to all the other exercisers in the challenge, too.

Gennel
07-30-2002, 09:58 PM
My last weigh in I thought I lost 1.5 lbs I was hysterical to be at 139.5 but its stuck at 140 so Im not gonna cry over 1/2 lb. So I'm on my final countdown to 10 lbs .Now I will remember why the last 10 lbs are the hardest to lose!

Yo yomom sorry, I didnt understand your weigh in ,I'll edit that asap. And I know you'll do great this next weigh in :)

Gen

194/140/130

Kina
07-31-2002, 01:48 AM
Hello everybody. I am just poking my head in to say a quick hello and my pardons. I started working at my seasonal job testing cotton. I work the 3rd shift. So I sleep in the day and then go to work. You know kind of like "It's time to make the donuts." So if you don't hear from me after a few days just know that I am off trying to be a true member of society by making an honest living and paying taxes. Woo hoo! But I will try to remember to weigh in on Saturday as long as i don't have to work. I hear that when the season starts they have us working 7 days a week. Which would be great on the over time. Anyhow. talk with you later. I hope to not gain too much from working. These girls have candy every where (I guess to keep them running) and then they are always ready to have a potluck. OMG! I know that this Saturdays weigh in will not be good. Not only because of the food but also because I can hardly fit my exercise in. I did get to get on the stepper this evening but not as long as I had before.

So remember me when I come back. I will note to self that I must weigh in on Saturday or Friday night. Bye.
Corina

Gennel
07-31-2002, 09:58 AM
Where there's a will ,there's a way. I can imagine it has to be so hard trying to fit exercise in when your work schedule is backwards. The only way I can do something when it seems impossible is ,I put it in my head that someone or something is telling me" YOU CANT Do this, you'll never do it! " even though no one actually has told me that lol. It seems like it. That makes me more stubborn and I say, yes I can and yes I will! EVen though you didnt stay on your stepper as long but the point is you got on! Good going on that Kina.

Well I better go make some calls and run some errands ASAP!

ttyl
Gen
194/140/130

thinlizzie
07-31-2002, 09:04 PM
Hello,
Time to post some tidbits to motivate us all:

" Have patience with all things, but most of all yourself."
--- Author Unknown

" If you have goals and procrastination, it's like wearing two left shoes;
You're not going to get very far."
--- Copyright 1999 Jewel Diamond Taylor --- California

" To be a winner, all you need to give is all you have."
--- Author Unknown ---

" Success is achieving your goals.
If you don't succeed at first, just re-set them!"
--- Adapted from a W. Clement Stone saying ---

" Success = it is vastly better to do something and fail,
Than to do nothing and succeed!"
--- Author Unknown ---

" People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are.
I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world
Are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want,
And if they can't find them, make them."
--- George Bernard Shaw ---

You need motivation? Join the club!

I need motivation to iron my husband's shirts.
My husband needs motivation to do the dishes.
My dog needs motivation to do anything.

We all need motivation

Trouble is, no one else can really help us.
We have to find the motivation from within ourselves.

We have to want to lose weight
We have to get fired up

It's no good sitting down and squeaking 'I need to lose weight' (sob).
We have to stand up and SHOUT IT!

We have to say:

I'M FED UP of being fat.
I'm FED UP of covering up my thighs.
I'm FED UP of being laughed at.
I'm FED UP of being ignored.
I'm FED UP of feeling bad about myself.

I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!!

I want to LOOK GOOD!
I want to FEEL GOOD!
I want OTHER PEOPLE to feel good about me!
I want to have FUN!

But shouting it isn't enough either

We have to start ACTING as though we MEAN it.
We have to get OFF our butts and start making PLANS.
We have to STAND TALL and take ourselves SERIOUSLY.

No one else can do this for us

So get going, girls!
Stand tall and start taking yourself seriously.

NO MORE excuses.
NO MORE junk food.
NO MORE fad diets.
NO MORE fat person.

The moral?
First, get an attitude. Then get slim.

Enjoy them all!
bye for now,
thinlizzie
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fweinstein/pics/BEARBUTTERx.gif

Manatees
08-01-2002, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone got this e-mail today I thought you might like it. Scarry thing is I'm thinking about trying some...lol

How to Lie to the Bathroom Scale

1. Weigh yourself with clothes on, after dinner ... as well as in the morning, without clothes, before breakfast, because it's nice to see how much weight you've lost overnight.

2. Never weigh yourself with wet hair.

3. When weighing, remove everything, including glasses. In this case, blurred vision is an asset. Don't forget the earrings, these things can weigh at least a pound.

4. Use cheap scales only, never the medical kind, because they are always five pounds off ... to your advantage.

5. Always go to the bathroom first.

6. Stand with arms raised, making pressure on the scale lighter.

7. Don't eat or drink in the morning until AFTER you've weighed in, completely naked, of course.

8. Weigh yourself after a haircut, this is good for at least half a pound of hair (hopefully).

9. Exhale with all your might BEFORE stepping onto the scale (air has to weigh something, right?).

10. Start out with just one foot on the scale, then holding onto the towel rack in front of you, slowly edge your other foot on and slowly let off of the rack. Admittedly, this takes time, but it's worth it. You will weigh at least two pounds less than if you'd stepped on normally.

jen519
08-02-2002, 10:10 PM
Hi.
Just sort of checking in. Where is everybody? I guess I shouldn't be the one to ask that question. I think it's been quite a few days since I posted here. My walking is going well and I've used the my Total Gym a few times as well. Food's not too bad either, but not great.
Sunday I leave for a 5-night camping trip. It should be a lot of fun, but there are some definite binge-eating traps I usually fall into. My best defense is to stay active and away from camp during the day. As long as the weather cooperates, that shouldn't be too hard. I'm also planning on keeping a food journal just for the days I'm camping. At least I'll stay aware of what's going in so I have some chance to do some damage control when necessary.
What? Gees, I haven't even been officially on vacation for 3.5 hours and I just got an e-mail from work. Guess I'd better see why my assistant is panicking.

Jen
238/226/140

Gennel
08-02-2002, 10:51 PM
Just a reminder that Tomorrow is weigh in! I'm choosing NOT to weigh in tomorrow since TOM is here today ! ugh!!! :( I've pretty much maintained the same weight and am getting used to it.
Well I better go now!

night!
Gen

Yoyo Mom
08-03-2002, 07:00 AM
Here's my results for this week: down 1.5 pounds, which factoring the first week's gain puts me at net 1 pound loss.

Unfortunately I won't be able to weigh-in the next two Saturdays as I'll be on vacation. It's basically hanging around a cabin on a lake- no four star restaurants nearby- so there's some hope that I could stay OP over vacation. But it will be a big challenge... not much to distract one from the siren song of the fridge.

I'll weigh in when I get back (*that* will be a real nail-biter!) and join in on the next challenge.

Good luck to everyone else this time round!

grizzlyschick
08-03-2002, 08:26 AM
Good morning everyone. Well I went back and forth between 2 different weights all week and decided what ever weight it was this morning won. Unfortunately it was the higher weight. So I've lost 1 pound for the week. Busted my rear at the gym all week, but since I've begun the weights I was told I could gain a couple pounds at first with the muscle gain. So I guess I should just be grateful that the scale is moving at all. I hope everyone has a good weigh in. Yoyo mom and Jen519 I hope you both have a wonderful vacation, have fun:lol: Take care- Di

jen519
08-03-2002, 11:43 AM
2 more pounds gone this week. I have this really weird feeling though. Even though I'm losing weight, it's not happening fast enough and I feel a little bit depressed about it. I want to be at goal NOW. I need to look at the big picture. I've lost 14 pounds and weigh less than I have in years. 14 pounds seems like such a drop in a bucket. This is stupid. I wonder if I've gotten this feeling before and let it defeat me. Not this time. I'm going camping. I'm going to get plenty of excersize and stay away from the candy/cookie snacks. Next week I'm going to report a loss too!

Jen
238/224/140

Kina
08-03-2002, 02:28 PM
That is an excellent attitude Jen! Just keep it up. And I say don't look at the big picture. I don't like to look at the big picture because 50 lbs won't come off by this weekend. But I know I can get 1 lb off by this weekend or atleast work pretty darn hard to get to it. That would mean I would be 1 lb closer to my goal. Which makes me feel very good about that 1 lb. So don't get discouraged over your 2 lb loss. That is a great loss.

Grizzlychick....you go girl. Losing a 1 lb and gaining muscle. You are doing marvelous! Keep it up don't get frustrated that you didn't lose as much as you had expected. I went through that myself but I got through it. Just keep focused. You are doing everything right and that is the bottom line. It will come off just not as fast as it came on.

YoYomom....have a great vacation break from the world.

Well here we are weigh in day. It was nice to sleep in and not worry about going into to work tonight. But we were told we may be working 7 days a week. WOW! I expected 6 but 7! My goodness. Anyway I have to say I have been very focused saying no to all the offers of cookies and such. It has been hard but I have been sticking to my guns. I have also been packing my slim fast and/or salads, fruits, and yogurts for lunch everyday. And not caving in when I pass the vending machine packed with goodies. So I owe it all to my strength and will power that I am able to report a 1 lb loss for the week.

Thanks. Talk to all of you later. Corina

Gennel
08-03-2002, 04:09 PM
Hi Everyone! I skipped Gym yesterday because TOM was here and I felt AWFUL!!!! My lower back was killing me and my abs felt like Ive been hit with a hammer :( But I was back in the Gym today sweating it off again! I've maintained this week.
Grizzly, I know exactly how you feel when you work your butt off at the Gym, you see how many calories you're burning and know in your mind that you must have burned at least 2-3lbs! It happens, especially when you do weights. Trust me it does come off.
Jen , Ihave felt like you're feeling many times. When I first started at 194 lbs ,in a few weeks I was like 187 lb or so. I just wanted to see a big difference fast!Losing 1-2 lbs is the way to go, it might seem like a slow pace but its best. The worst thing would be for you to lose 15 l bs a month and get to your goal superfast and then gain it back as fast as you lost it.You are doing good!!
Here goes the chart!

Gen..Goal 6 lbs.. Loss 1.5 lbs (+0.5)

Kina..Goal 6 lbs Loss 2.5 lbs

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal..2 lbs.. Loss 1.5 lbs

Grizzlyschick.Goal..10 lbs Loss 6 lbs

Jen519 ...Goal..8 lbs Loss 4 lbs

Gen
194/140/130

Apple Blossom
08-03-2002, 04:35 PM
Well, I can finally report a 1 lb loss! I was hoping to do a little better this week but I ended up having house guests. I'm going on vacation on Tues so I won't be checking in for a while. (I'm doing the hanging out in a cabin by a lake thing too.) Congrats to everyone's great week and best wishes for the next 2!!

thinlizzie
08-04-2002, 11:27 AM
Good Mornin' All!

Reporting in for the week with no change. I have been managing to maintain my weight very well...i guess one should be happy with learning how to do that so well! :lol: It certainly gets harder as we get close to goal. I think i definetly need to add more exercise...but that is still hard to do.

:cp: :cp: hats off to all the people who have lost weight this week! Proud of your efforts.

I tried this recipe for muffins that i saw on a ww site. it's short and they come out very yummy so i'll post it.

Pumpkin Angelfood Cake/muffins

1 box of angel food mix
1 15 oz can of (pure) pumpkin
1 T of pumpkin pie spice
1 T of cinnamon
1 C of water

Mix all ingredients together and pour into 9 x 13 inch pan sprayed with PAM. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

12 (large) servings/3 points per serving

my tips on the recipe:
I used less of the spices, (about 2 teaspoons of each)as this sounded a bit much. Turned out great. And since i made them into mini muffins i think they are about 1 pt each. They do tend to stick to the pan, so cupcake liners would work better.

Have a great rest of the weekend all! I am journaling quite faithfully again, so perhaps i'll see a loss by next week. And my exercise is fair.

till later,
thinlizzie
166/127/120
:wave: :cb: http://www.123greetings.com/thumbs/gen_hi/1012-013-59-1028.gif

Gennel
08-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Appleblossom, You're on your way again girl!
Thinlizzie,the longer you maintain the better! I know 7 lbs to your goal and you just want to get there! I'm about 9-10 lbs to goal but I think I'm getting comfortable with my weight now! I'm letting all the compliments get to my head! lol My mom is now telling me if I lose anymore I'll look sickly.One of our neighbors that lives 3 blocks away saw me this weekend and he thought my husband was with another woman now! He totally freaked when he saw me. Now his wife wants me to help her lose a few pounds! Ive been eating well, but Im eating as if I dont need to reach goal!
I burn around half of my total day calories at the Gym. So I havent gained. I need to get back to my Boca Burgers, Tuna sandwhiches, and fish for dinner! I'm not super tiny but all my 9/10 clothes are loose in the waist and my butt too. I'm in a size 8 which I cant believe. I really think all the exercise has made me shrink so much more than I would have if I didnt exercise. The only clothes I still have problems with are certain namebrand jeans that want to make my butt really flat so they dont fit in my butt lol. But dresses,skirts and tops an 8! I want to firm up my legs,arms and tummy more and then maintain. I havent taken a picture in about 2-3 months?? I might have my daughter take one of me and compare so I can see what others see!

well I think I babbled enough for today?

Gen
194/140/130

Gennel
08-04-2002, 08:18 PM
Ok , I asked my 5 yr old to take my pic since I havent taken one with my current weight. Hey and the pose was her idea ...just thought you folks should know! Hmmm maybe she wants to be a photographer? lol

http://a4.cpimg.com/image/C2/79/11796674-0c0e-0178026A-.jpg

Gen
194/140/130

Manatees
08-05-2002, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone

I have no lose to report, but no gain either. I haven't been working real hard on weight lose this month...stress can be such a downer. I did get to the club yesturday and bike 2 miles..yeah for me. Good job all you losers.

gennel nice picture shows off your legs.

Good luck to everyone this next week.

Kina
08-05-2002, 02:47 PM
OMG! Gennel look at YOU! The before and after is incredible. I hope to one day be able to strike a pose for the camera just like you. I don't think you should loose anymore. You are out of your mind...an 8? WOW! If I could be so lucky. I think if I were you I would get comfortable in my new body and new attitude and just maintain. Because you got it going on girlfriend. Like your mom said if you lose anymore it just wouldn't look right. So if anything like you said you wanted to do just tone up is always a great thing to do after losing weight. I am out of words girl. I can't wait for the day.

Talk later. bye.
Corina

grizzlyschick
08-05-2002, 04:58 PM
Wow! Gennel you look fabulous! A size 8- only in my dreams! You are such an inspiration. By the way love that dress it really shows off your figure! I'm so jealous!
:cp: Take care Di

Gennel
08-05-2002, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the compliments! I've been asking myself what 9-10 more lbs will do for me? The only thing it would do is have a different scale results lol. I'm going to take a while to get to goal or at least near it at 132-135 lbs. If I can get to 130 lbs then I will but it's not something that I'm desperate or will get deppressed over! I need to get toned up and that will give me the smaller measurements. This month last year I was huge and didnt even want to celebrate my daughter's birthday because of my weight. I am learning to like compliments and accepting that men now are checking me out! I actually hated that because now that I'm thinner I'm suddenly visible and when I was fat I was totally invisible? I'm learning to walk straight ,not slouch !Remembering now that sexy bounce when I walk. lol It's such a different thing, I cant describe it .
One of the neighbors nearby was about 220 lbs,well this woman in the past year has lost over 100 lbs and is now about 114 lbs! Everyone now thinks she is sick,like she has anorexia or something. She still thinks she has a few lbs to lose! She's been heavy for so many,many years that I think she's hooked on losing weight. So personally I have no plans to go below 130 lbs
Ive seen some woman that look great at 110 lbs! But not me,even though according to " Doctor Charts" Ishould be around 115-120 !

Gen
194/140/130

Kina
08-06-2002, 02:19 PM
I hit my goal!:flow1: So my new goal is to see 190 soon. I have decided I will work at my goal in increments of 10. Because it doesn't look so hard when it is a small number like 10 rather than saying 60 or 80. So I am beyond words to express how excited I am right now that I hit 200 !:cb: I hope to keep that loss for this Saturday although TOM will be visiting this week.

I have been sticking to my diet and I plan to stick with it because now I know it is worth it in the end. But you know the other day I had a Whataburger something I used to die for and crave so often maybe too often. Anyhow I had a coupon and wanted one so I went and got it. You know I have heard your taste buds change after a while of being on a diet...well that burger wasn't as delicious as it used to be. So I don't think I will be going for a while. I am glad I had the burger so I won't be craving over it anymore. ;)

Well I must go. Talk more later at 199 I hope;) .
Kina

grizzlyschick
08-06-2002, 04:31 PM
:cp: WOO HOO! Way to go Kina! I bet you're so excited. 199 is not far away! I am so excited for you:D Don't forget to post when you hit it! Go Kina! Go Kina!:lol:

Gennel
08-06-2002, 04:37 PM
Congrats Kina !!!!!!!!! That is awesome! I can almost see how excited and happy you are! That is great girl I know you will be totally thrilled to see the 190's! Losing it in 10's is a great way to do this. I dont think I could have gotten this far if I kept thinking that I had to lose 60-70 lbs. But you can do it.
I'm very happy for you!

:flow2:

Gen
194/140/130

boatingmommy
08-07-2002, 09:02 AM
Hey gals, just checking in. Been on the run every since the weekend.

No gain...no loss. I honestly think I do better in the winter when there's not so much going on and it is easier to stay OP.

Gennel, the picture is awesome! You have every right to be soooo proud.

Kina, YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY! I know when I hit 200 from 245 I was ecstatic!!! You are doing it...getting more fit everyday.

Everyone else...it sounds like you are all making an ernest commitment... and all those little losses add up to big numbers in the end.:)

Well, my goal today is to get a good walk in and buy some fruit to eat in place of junk. Hope everyone is good to themselves!

Gennel
08-09-2002, 11:33 PM
I cant believe we have another weigh in already! I have good news to report! I dont know how I managed it , I think it must be the stress maybe? But I lost 2 lbs ! So I have 8 more lbs to goal!
Please send me a PM tomorrow with your weigh ins.

Good night!

Gen
194/138/130
"If you want your dreams to come true, Wake up"

grizzlyschick
08-10-2002, 10:20 AM
:cb: Gennel way to go with the 2 lb loss! You are so close to your goal! Go Gennel, Go Gennel!:lol: Well everyone I had a 4 lb loss this week. The interval training is really keeping me going at the gym and my energy level has increased since I started it. A couple people have tried to convince me to move to something more exciting than the treadmill, but doing the intervals on it I love it! Well I have 80 gone, so that means 5 more pounds and I'll be half way to goal. So right now I still have 90 more to go. UGH!:( it seems like it will be forever to get it off. But hey this fat didn't jump on me in one day so I know it's not going to come off unless I keep working at it:p I'm praying that once I finally hit goal that I can maintain. I'm glad you're all here to walk me through it. I walked around the track at the park this morning. My confidence level has soared since going to the gym, so I no longer have a problem doing exercise in public. I figure I'm doing this for me and that's what matters. Well I hope everyone has a loss this morning. Take care- Di

Kina
08-10-2002, 12:17 PM
It's weigh in time... Well last Saturday I weighed in at 201.5 today I am weighing in at 197.5. :spin: I am truly amazed, excited, and so many other things about my weight loss. I haven't been doing anything different than I had been doing before. Except my seasonal job. I am standing 7 hours and constantly moving my arms, twisting my waist, and lifting trays weighing about 25-30 lbs every 5 mintutes. I work up the best sweat. :strong: Well it is coming off and I can't complain. I am just happy about that.

I am very close to my next goal. I think I might be there by September 1 like I had wanted. :cb: . Wow August is a big month. So we have 3 weeks still left in August if I continue to lose this way I may pass my goal of 190. :idea: I won't jynx it.

Well many congratulations to all the losers here. Di I knew that gym pass was going to do wonders on you sweetie. That is great:cp: . Many applauds go out to you girlie. Gennel put me down for 4 lb loss this week. Thanks hope to have more next. Mind my 4 lb loss is while TOM is visiting:fr: ...truly amazing.
:wave: kina

grizzlyschick
08-10-2002, 01:11 PM
:dancer: Hey there Kina. Not only a 4lb loss but in the 190's- WOO HOO!! You go girl:D I am so happy for you!! Not to mention envious too! So how does being in the 100's feel? You are truly an inspiration for me to get there. Keep it up chick. Take care Di:wave:

Gennel
08-10-2002, 05:03 PM
OMG !!!! Congrats to you big losers*!!!!!!!! Grizzly and Kina I am soooooooooooooo proud you ladies stuck it out! It's paying off!!!!
I need more folks to send me messages letting me know either way if you had a loss,gain or maintained.

Gen..Goal 6 lbs.. Loss 3 lbs

Kina..Goal 6 lbs Loss 6.5 lbs ( GOAL for Challenge!!!)

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs

Grizzlyschick.Goal..10 lbs Loss 10 lbs (GOAL for Challenge!!!!)

Gen
194/138/130
" IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE,WAKE UP"

thinlizzie
08-12-2002, 05:51 PM
Hello all,
Sorry i have not posted in awhile. Good to hear about all the good losses this week! WAY TO GO :cp: :cp:

I have maintained again this week. Tracking sizes and inches more than anything right now! But i have been good about journaling it all. (exercise and eats). And joined a thread on the ww site for a months worth of exercise challenge. Helps me keep in line!:lol:

Keep up all the good work girls! Here's an interesting tidbit for you all. A little motivation can sure go a long way!

bye for now,
thinlizzie
:wave: :cb: :dance: :flow2: :flow1:

the following was posted by DonnaInDallas, founder of the Weight Watchers Support in DFW Yahoo club:

Prepare:
I will take the time to plan and prepare in order to achieve success.

Care:
I care about myself to know I deserve to be healthy

Believe:
I believe I can do this!

Forgive:
I will forgive myself for not being perfect! (a tough one!)

Change:
I will keep in mind that change is constant. Only Change gets results.'

Risk:
I will take risks and try new things.

Listen:
I will listen to my body!

Choose:
I work hard to make the right choices to get the results I want.

Persist:
I will be persistence, no matter how far I fall off the wagon at a given meal or on a given day.

Wait:
I will wait and be patient for the long haul.

Smile:
I will smile inside and out knowing I'm doing something good for my body, helping to live a longer life.

Focus:
I will work towards keeping focused when everything else in life seems to overwhelm me and cloud my choices.

Act:
If I don't like the results I am seeing, I will take action!

Trust:
I will trust in myself and the program -- both of them work!

Accept:
I will accept that I may not always see the numbers on the scale that I think I deserve -- I will not beat myself up over it when it happens.

grizzlyschick
08-14-2002, 04:01 PM
It's so quiet in here:wave: I just wanted to post to see how everyone is doing. I'm having a rough week. Since I've started weight training I have gained an inch in my arms:strong: I don't know if this means it's muscle on top of the fat or if I'm bulking up. My forearms have also grown! I know it's stupid to be disappointed, but my whole reason for doing the weights is because it's supposed to help burn fat, not make me look bigger!On top of this, I've been the same weight since Saturday and I've busted my behind at the gym and eaten all the right things. Sorry for the complaining. I know I don't have a right to complain. I have a little bump in the road and turn it into a huge hill! I know eventually the numbers will move again, God willing tomorrow! Well sorry for the whining just needed to get all that out. Hope everyone is doing great. Take care. Di:dancer:

Gennel
08-15-2002, 11:24 PM
Hey girl , dont feel bad. You have every right to complain! How much weight are you lifting? If you do heavy weights and few reps you will bulk up. If you do light weights and many reps you will burn. I'm a bit sleepy so I might have it the other way around lol. I know what it is to bust your butt for a week and see no results on the scale. But it IS working,trust me. It's taking forever for me to lose the last few pounds. I went for my yearly checkup a few weeks ago and went back today and the Doctor realized that Ive lost 4 lbs since then! Well of course I knew that lol since I weigh myself every friday or saturday. But it just made me realize each single pound adds up. She asked me if I planned to lose anymore and I told her just 8 more lbs, she shook her head like saying no. Ok ,ok I thought , I just want to see 130 lbs ! God! lol I had every single thing checked , my cholesterol was 143! Which is awesome, since about 2 yrs ago it was around 170-180 . But she had one concern actually she told me that my LDL (my good cholesterol was too low) And I needed to do one of two things...either exercise or have a glass of wine with dinner. I told her how much I exercised 6 days a week and she was puzzled. So she told me to try the red wine with dinner and she'll check my blood again in a few months. Great! now I get to drink wine lol ....

Gen
194/138/130

Manatees
08-16-2002, 12:11 AM
Hi Everyone

Gosh its been so long since I posted. The month is just flying by and I kind of lost track of the challenge. I have not been doing very good this challenge, but I'm ready to get back at it. I get together with a friend and walk 2 miles every Wed. night. I know it's not enough but I figure its better then nothing. Today I also did my glider for 30 minute and drank 7 glasses of water...which it really good for me. I know the water is a big thing and I need to drink tons. I got on the scale today and gained back 2 pounds ugh!!!! It's also TOM so I'm crossing my fingers that is why I gained 2 pounds. Good luck to everyone Sat for weigh ins

Heidi

Gennel
08-16-2002, 04:05 PM
Hello everyone,
The final day for the challenge is Tuesday the 20th. So everyone can wait until Tuesday to give me the final weigh in results.

I'm so sorry I havent been posting as often , but I do check in at least every other day! This month has been loaded with stress X 100! Refinancing wasnt the smooth simple process as we were told. When will I learn? lol Something that should have taken 2 weeks to close, took us over a month I think! But the hassle isnt over yet!!!! I feel like screaming. Now we are in the process of getting a mortgage loan for a preconstructed home. So that's another closing I got to look forward to and more paperwork. I'm really shocked that I havent gained a few pounds from all this!

I hope everyone is doing well and havent left us!!!! I plan to be around for a long time! I still need the support to maintain my weight off. My mom (who has been supportive ) Now is bugging me again! There isnt a day when she sees me that she doesnt tell me "Dont lose another pound," You've lost your rear end" "OMG your face looks so small now!"
At first I had to deal with the remarks of how fat I was and I needed to lose weight etc... Now I'm too thin? Honestly I dont care .Size 8 is great and I'm comfortable in it. Size 7/8 is not rail thin folks! It's not even " Model Thin" !! I refuse to gain weight to be in an 11/12 . That's insane. ok , I babbled enough!
Thanks for letting me vent a bit !:eek:

Gen
194/138/130

grizzlyschick
08-16-2002, 05:06 PM
Hi Gennel. Well on the weights, this is my program. On leg days I do leg stands- 50lbs, 2 sets of 15, leg extensions- 40lbs, 2 sets of 15, leg curls- 40lbs, 2 sets of 15, bicep curl- 20lbs- 3 sets of 15, rope pull- 70lbs, 3 sets of 15, straight bar pull- 60lbs- 3 sets of 15, and then weighted crunches- 25lbs, 3 sets of 15, dumbell press- 10lbs each hand- 3 sets of 15. And then 40 minutes of interval training on the treadmill. On arm days I do- shoulder press- 20lbs- 2 sets of 15, straight bar pull- 60lbs- 3 sets of 15, hammer row- 50lbs- 3 sets of 15, hammer wide chest press- 50lbs- 2 sets of 15, incline dumbell press- 10lbs each hand- 3 sets of 15, v row- 50lbs- 3 sets of 15, and then weighted crunches- 25lbs- 3 sets of 15, and finally 40 minutes of interval training on the treadmill. I do weights Monday, Wednesday and Friday and alternate with the programs. So one week arms twice and legs once and then the next week arms once and legs twice. On cardio days which is Tuesday and Thursday I do 45 minutes of interval training on the treadmill and then 15 minutes on the bike and then the weighted crunches- 25lbs- 3 sets of 15. I asked the trainer why my forearms are bulging. The muscles in my arms have really popped up. He said that the muscle is building on top of the fat! He said as I gain more muscle the fat will go away. I told him that it's making me look bigger, because it's making me feel bulky. He assured me that if I keep up with all that I'm doing the fat will disappear and it will just be the muscle. I weighed myself this morning and had a small loss. I'm hoping to hit my next goal which is 230. When I hit that I will have 100 pounds gone. I don't know how much of a chance I have to hit it between now and the 1st of October which is my goal. I'll keep you posted how close I get. I tried this machine called a cross trainer this morning. OMG I thought I would die:lol: I am not coordinated enough for it! It's like riding a bike standing up. I almost fell off! I think that will have to wait until I'm closer to my final goal. Well I will weigh in on Tuesday and let you know my results. I can't weight to be a 12 that's my goal! A 7 or 8 would be only in my dreams!:D Take care. Di

grizzlyschick
08-16-2002, 05:12 PM
OOPS! I forgot to say congrats on your checkup! Lucky you I bet you'll enjoy that nightly glass of wine! That's my kind of medicine:lol: Di

Gennel
08-16-2002, 11:41 PM
Well Di! I hope you know that the Monster Machine Ive been talking about is the one you tried! Its a cross trainer machine ( Elliptical machine) It is just like you described! lol riding a bike standing, but there is arm movement also on some machines like the one I use.That is the machine that has maintained my weight off! And has helped me lose a few pounds as well.
I really dont know what to say about your weight training but it sounds pretty intense girl!

Have a great weekend everybody!!! I'll be preparing my little girl's birthday party tomorrow so I might not have a chance to check the messages until late tomorrow.

Gen
194/138/130

Gennel
08-20-2002, 09:10 AM
Where is everybody??? Well I didnt lose anything for this week. I just maintained. Which is fine by me lol . I had my daughter's birthday this saturday and well....ribs,chicken wings,yellow rice,
Ice cream Cake fromCarvel!!! Well I ate a little of everything on my plate. I had not touched ribs for over 6 months ! Then on Sunday we were invited to a friend's BBQ. I was like "NO!!!!!" lol
But we went and I didnt do major damage there, 1 piece of chicken (skinless) about 2/3 cup potato salad. Oh yeah...and I had a pastry with some creamcheese inside. Ok ,lol I know lol .
Back on track since yesterday.
Looks like there are a few changes on this website :)

Ok , now where is everybody??? Please post!

Gen
194/138/130

thinlizzie
08-20-2002, 01:16 PM
Hello All,
Glad to hear that you are able to log onto the new site. It took a bit longer for me to get back on from the server move, but i made it. Really missed the posts! They keep me on track.

My report for the week is that i am still maintaining. I certainly know how much food to eat to do that! LOL...but the exercise is where i need to kick it up a notch. Either that or start eating alot less again. Don't like that idea of course:lol:

Anyone on here used the Pilates routine? I have heard you can tone and stretch alot like yoga with it...i really need to tone about right now.

WOW, GRIZZLYCHIK, you sound like you really work those weights but good! I would not mind having more inches if they were of that sort! Muscle looks so much better than the flabby skin i have now. LOL I suppose age plus how much i have lost is just making it harder to tone up the jiggly areas like triceps and inner thigh. I need some tips...got any from your trainer??

A big greeting to all the other girls on here...keep up your good WOL and it will happen for everyone! I am off to do some more walking.

bye for now,
thinlizzie
166/127/120 :wave: :flow1: :flow2: :cb: :strong:

Gennel
08-21-2002, 09:50 AM
Hi everybody,
Well time flew by and this challenge is officially over! I didnt get to my goal of 6 lbs but I got halfway there! I'm starting a new challenge so please visit and join!

Gen..Goal 6 lbs.. Loss 3 lbs

Kina..Goal 6 lbs Loss 6.5 lbs ( GOAL for Challenge!!!)

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs

Grizzlyschick.Goal..10 lbs Loss 10 lbs (GOAL for Challenge!!!!)

Gen
194/138/130

Gennel
08-21-2002, 10:03 AM
Here's the link to the new challenge:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=247440#post247440

Gen