Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Question Going to be good this weekend, how about you???

Well, weekends tend to be a lot harder for most of us. Staying on plan is more of a challenge for me on the weekend. But, I'm going to be good this weekend. I've planned out a little better than normally, and I've even factored in a sinless ice cream from Cold Stone where I'm taking the kids later tonight.

So who's with me??? Who else is gonna have a good on-plan weekend???
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Yes this is! So far so good!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #3  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

I'm with you.

I've got my weekend pretty well planned and I'm looking forward to healthy food and exercise.
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

I'm having an awesome weekend so far. Sipping on a protein shake right now.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #5  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

I did good yesterday and I'm still on track today! Let's all have a good weekend!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

I find keeping up with my blog and not shying away from tracking my calories helps keep me in check
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Planning on having a great weekend myself. Just trying to stay warm. Furnace is broken and repairman isn't coming til Monday evening for the final repair. *brrrrrr* Yay for Sweatclothes and slippers.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #8  

Update......I did get to try the Sinless Cake Batter ice cream at Cold Stone about an hour ago. I mixed mine with fresh raspberries. YUM! Get the smallest size and you're only at around 210 calories and 1 gram of fat. I will be back there again, I can guarantee it!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #9  

I'm definitely trying to be on plan this weekend, and so far I'm doing well! I guess it helps that it's a little too dreary outside for much weekend debauchery.

Speaking of yummy lower cal frozen treats, try Pinkberry or any of the other chains imitating them like Yogurtland or MoJo. 6 oz (the small size at most) is only 150 calories and you can add fresh fruit on top.
emilydreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #10  

So far so good with staying on plan! I'm using my blog and food journal as well to keep me on track.

Great bike ride this morning, it's a perfect day for a bike ride. Feeling pretty good so far!
getfitchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/115/115

Height: 5.0

I have a holiday weekend and am hosting two meals for friends and family. I find that planning out what I'm going to eat and when I'll exercise is really helpful.

For Sunday night I'm serving chicken soup (no matzoh balls for me!), a roast, roasted vegetables, garlic green beans, baked white and sweet potatoes, salad, and chocolate mousse and raspberries for dessert. I'll be fine with small portions of everything, just having a spoonful of the mousse. I tasted the mousse after I made it today, and it felt so dreadfully sweet! It just didn't appeal after all this time of avoiding sweets.

My MIL will be here, and she's the sort who likes to pry more than I'm comfortable with--I don't mind chatting about my diet and exercise a little bit, but I don't like it being the focus of conversation. I anticipate changing the subject a lot!

Monday I'll be fasting for Yom Kippur, and to break the fast at sunset we'll have the traditional dairy meal. This can really be a calorie bombshell, and I lightened up my usual menu considerably this year. Bagels (whole wheat for me, with the bready middle pulled out), low fat cream cheese, lox, two different salads, a spinach-sundried tomato frittata, a crustless leek and cheddar quiche, (no one needs to know they're with Eggbeaters and lowfat cheese!), fruit salad and angel food cake.

I'll do my regular cardio and weights in the mornings, and load up my plate with vegetables. Hopefully no backtracking!

Last edited by Teachyrchildren; 09-26-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Teachyrchildren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #12  

Teachyrchildren......Wow, sounds like you've really planned ahead and found ways to make the holiday more manageable for you! That's wonderful......way to go!!!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/115/115

Height: 5.0

Thanks Kellost, but she's been here three hours and I think I'm ready for the scotch...LOL
Teachyrchildren is offline   Reply With Quote