Dieting with Obstacles - Thoughts on Hormonal Birth Control

thieved
09-25-2009, 06:32 PM
I'd just like to see what the general consensus is on this, as being a contributor to weight gain, preventing weight loss, etc.

I was on the Depo shot for about 2.75 years, and saw my weight increase about 30lbs during that time. Mostly I thought it was just my own fault, (poor eating habits, low activity) especially since my mom died during that time and I developed some stress eating. Additionally, I had streaks of physical activity, for months at a time, and never saw a (negative) change in my weight. Now I'm rather convinced that the hbc contributed, and I've eliminated it from my system, and I'm hoping to see some good results from the NS plan.

I'd just like to hear stories and opinions from others, if you'd like to share. I feel like I'm on a bit of a detox right now, as it's been 3 years since I was hormone-free. I'm not trying to blame all of my gains on the hormones, I know I've practiced bad habits. Any input would be nice.

nooch
09-25-2009, 06:39 PM
My weight remained completely stable when I stopped taking hbc. However, I feel a whole lot better overall.

GradPhase
09-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Besides the Mirena IUD which I hope to get, I won't ever go back to hormonal birth control. Too much weight gain, headaches, and mood swings. It wasn't worth the cost.