Old 09-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #1  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Exclamation Is this a problem

I have been on this healither eating plan and been doing my exercise . Trying to get all my water in daily but as i been reading I have been wondering am i getting enough.

I log all my food on sparkpeople and it says that i should eat between 1800 and 2200 calories . I looked at what i have been eating this week and sad to say but I am barley getting to 1200.

I dont feel hungry. Although I can hear my stomach begging for food. I eat and I feel like I cant eat any more . I jest dont want my body to feel like I'm starving and end up throwing me off. So what do I do.

It has been a stress ful week for me having problems with my daughter in school and then my brother in law is back in the hospital they dont know what is wrong with him. They may have to do the transplant asap.

So I'm trying to keep things going. This is what I usually eat .

Breakfast-- 2 egg whites, 3 slices of turkey bacon, 1 apple

Lunch-- 2 Slices of Deli Turkey and 3 Slices of Deli Ham, 10 Baby Carrots (Raw), 1/2 cup of non fat cottage cheese

Snack- 1/2 Cup of Lowfat yogurt with 2 Tablespoons Granola

Dinner-- 4 OZ Chicken with 3 to 4 cups veggies

Snack-- 4 cups Air popped pop corn

Hope this helps. Before I ate alot of junk food alot of sweets, and I never want to go back to that cause that is what made me 300t pounds. Almost to 300 and cant wait only a few more pounds to go.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #2  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

It's hard to try to balance eating well and eating enough since you are eating more filling food than before!

I would try hard to get close to the recommended daily calories in or it can be detrimental to your weight loss.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:25 PM   #3  

I would also try to add in a little more. Maybe eat the whole egg instead of the whites. Eat the full fat cottage cheese instead of lowfat.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #4  
sugar is the devil

Maybe have a snack between breakfast and lunch?

Are you on a no carb diet? If not - I'm not seeing much carbs (disregarding the fruits/veggies and granola). Maybe add a half a cup of brown/full grain cooked rice at supper? A well "balanced" dinner plate has veggies, proteins, carbs (check out http://www.theportionplate.com/enlargedplate.html)

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 09-26-2009 at 02:11 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I agree with wendy and sweet. Also how about a sprinkle of healthy fats here and there..nuts, olive oil, etc
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #6  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Thanks everyone I do use olive oil when I cook and pam spray. I will have to make a pot of Brown rice and Freeze it in Portion Bags. That seem to of helped last time ( cause it takes so long to make rice). But you all have given me some good Ideas. I will be trying.

My cashews and Almonds are empty they are on the grocery list

Last edited by Butterfly50; 09-25-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:24 AM   #7  
Out is Through

Hi Bonnie!

Just wanted to pop in and add my two cents From my personal experience, sites like Spark People and The Daily Plate aren't always accurate. Sure, they let you add in your age weight activity level, etc..but they don't know YOUR health issues. My advice is to keep within the 1400 calorie range and keep up your exercise. Adding in full fat foods may raise your calorie count, but it might also raise your cholesterol/blood pressure as well =/ If your body is content with the food you're eating and the exercise you're doing then I say keep it up! The Daily Plate recommends I eat 1800 calories a day..I usually eat around 1100-1200 because I'm content with that (when I did eat 1800 I wound up gaining!) The best advice I've heard about weight loss: listen to your body!! Your calories might take a little adjusting, so keep tweaking your diet and exercise program to where you're satisfied yet still losing weight at a comfortable rate.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Sorry for the long response, but I feel ya on this one!
-Stephy
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

My two cents. When you first start a food plan you will eat less because you are motivated. This honeymoon period will end soon enough and you will be wanting to eat more. I too think that 1800 is too many calories. That might be okay for someone in their twenties, but as we get older we use less. I have found through experience that I can only eat 2200 before gaining. For the long haul, 1200 is pretty low. I think, for that many calories, your food plan looks okay. You can always add veggies and some fruits and the nuts to bump it up a little. You do need to add some whole grains. I've been eating those new Arnold Deli flat breads which are only 100 calories; or add grains like quinoa or some oatmeal. I add raw oatmeal to chopped fruit topped with plain yogurt (full fat). I also add Stevia for sweetness and there are some new products out with grandular Stevia. I hate to cook! BUT, I've been listening to a book about a family that spent one year only eating what they could grow or buy locally and it has inspired me. I might, just might, fix one of their recipes. Might. Yesterday I had a taco salad with ground chicken breast. That is very filling and good. So, don't go along with boring food and run yourself into the ditch. Here's one day for me: I made a bean and chicken stew. If you have calories left you can add a grain to it.

1 pkg baby carrots 80
1 bunch kale 130
1 can beans 280
cooked chicken strips 315
yogurt 170
oatmeal 1/2 cup 150
1 banana 100
egg salad 0
3 eggs 225
mayo 45
steamed green beans 1495
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:13 AM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Easy peasey my friend

Breakfast-- 2 egg whites, 3 slices of turkey bacon, 1 apple
*use EGGS instead of whites

Lunch-- 2 Slices of Deli Turkey and 3 Slices of Deli Ham, 10 Baby Carrots (Raw), 1/2 cup of non fat cottage cheese
*what about some whole grain bread or crackers?

Snack- 1/2 Cup of Lowfat yogurt with 2 Tablespoons Granola
*add a cup of strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, banana etc

Dinner-- 4 OZ Chicken with 3 to 4 cups veggies
*starch: brown rice, whole grain pasta, quinoa etc

Snack-- 4 cups Air popped pop corn
*maybe a bit of extra virgin olive oil on your popcorn... with a smattering of parm cheese?

adding those little "make this taste GREAT" bits will help get the calories in
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote