Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:58 AM   #1  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face Elliptical usage...Need answers please.

When does your body stop hurting? Am I doing to much??? Is my tummy supposed to hurt too?

I am getting on that thing 6 days a week now. Mon, Wed, & Fri for 30 min's then Strength training. Tues, Thurs, and Sat for 1 hour. Am I over training? When will I stop being so sore???
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Height: 5'5"

My problem with the elliptical is toe numbness. And man-sweat! Hehe
As long as you keep alternating, you should be fine! It will take your body a little while to get used to such a hard-core plan. No pain, no gain, right?
And yes, your core gets used more than you would think on the elliptical because you are twisting your hips. Be sure to ask a trainer if your knees start hurting though, it is so easy to mess them up and really hard to heal them.
Hope that helped. Good Luck!!!
ashleybgood180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #3  
Workin' It

The soreness will level out. The elliptical used to beat me down, but not anymore. You are doing a lot, whether or not it is too much is only a question you can answer. You do 30 mins M/W/F then strength training, I would suggest flipping that if you could. I find I'm a lot more sore if I do my cardio before strength training - I tire the muscles with the cardio and then end up overtaxing them with the strength training so I end up in some serious pain a lot of times. On the days I do both I start with a light warmup, some jumprope of 5 mins of light cardio, some lower weight lifts, then my main strength training, then 20-30 minutes of treadmill, bike or elliptical as a cooldown, though it isn't really lighter than my normal cardio, just shorter duration. I try for HIIT with my machine cardio, so don't typically go beyond 45 minutes, and that is pushing it.

Good luck!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #4  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Thanks girls.
Shannon, I think doing my Strength training first is a fabulous idea, because I am pretty spent after I get off that Elliptical. Great idea! I usually do the Weightloss program first for 30 minutes & then get off and stretch and whatnot and on 60 minute days I'll jump back on and just do freestyle (manual). It feels like it's killing me, lol! And Ash, I DO sometimes get bottom of the foot numbness, so I just get off and stretch some...

Ashley, my knees and hips are actually doing better since I abandoned my beloved Treadmill for the mean old Helliptical! LOL! I have a love/hate relationship with that thing. Even if I wake up with hip pain, 30 minutes on the Elliptical and the hip pain is gone. Weird huh? And Yeah, I DO sweat WAY more on it than I did with the TM. I go further distance, and burn more calories in less time.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote