Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default WWMHE? What would my husband eat

I realised that much of the poor food decisions I make are done in private. If I were to honestly answer the question, "Would I eat this and this amount in front of my husband?. For the most part, the answer is a resounding 'No, I wouldn't' for whatever reason. For me it's mostly shame and embarassment... consider also that my husband is a type 1 diabetic, health conscious, who is indifferent to sweets and most carbs.

Anyone else have a family member or friend or anyone that you change your eating habits when you're around?

Just curious.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #2  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

my husband is a total bad eater. he eats junk constantly and NEVER gains weight. im not embarrassed to eat anything in front of him b/c hes probably eating something way more gross, lol.

for me this would go, "would my husband eat this?" if the answer is yes, i should stay away!

i do hate eating in front of my mom tho. if i eat anything besides a carrot or an apple she says, "is that okay on your diet?" ugh.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

LOL! My Dh, has the worst eating habits in the world. He thinks Crisco and gravy are food groups. He's 6'tall, 165. Loves Hamburger helper, he would fry bacon in butter, eat 4 eggs for breakfast, along with the bacon, hashbrowns fried in butter or crisco, prime rib, fried chicken, skin on, milk gravy made with grease drippings, drink a 6 pack of mountain dew and a pint of black velvet, laced with pepsi, every day, and never gain an ounce. And smokes like a freight train, yet his annual physical, and blood draw, he's 51, he's healthy as a horse. Cholesterol is good, along with kidneys, liver, prostate.

It just isn't fair!

And veggies, well for years, green beans were the only veggie he would eat, and fruit??? fruit is a food group, well maybe a banana once a year, and orange juice, if we go out for breakfast, like twice a year.

Last edited by shcirerf; 09-24-2009 at 10:19 PM.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #4  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
LOL! My Dh, has the worst eating habits in the world. He thinks Crisco and gravy are food groups. .
LOLOL. mine thinks melted cheese and "deep fried" are.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I'm exactly like you. I only eat poorly alone, when I'm with others, I'm fine. I don't want to be seen as "the fat girl who orders fatty foods" so I never got what I really wanted in restaurants (cream sauces, pastas, etc).

Also my mother is super thin, and doesn't really care about food, and that affected what I ordered in restaurants when I was a kid, before I had a weight problem. She always wanted to split a meal with me (because of both money and calories, even though money was not at all a problem), and she always chose what it was, so I never got what I really wanted.

I think that this is part of my weight problem, depriving myself in public. Because then I'd go home and eat what I couldn't eat in front of others, times 80 million!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

In private I make up for not eating in front of you,you,you...and you. And you over there, and this one's for all the troops, and you two over there. This bite's for my grandma, that empty pie plate full of crumbs was for the girls at work...

At home:

Husband: "Do you want more stir fry? You hardly took any".

Me : "Aw, I'm fine. Just not too hungry today"
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:15 AM   #7  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

My DH is the star of that commercial "The Buttertons"! We've been joking for years that he thinks butter (the real thing) is a food group. He does, at 51, have HBP and an enlarged prostate, as well as being about 20 lbs overweight. He has lost about 30 lbs with me (mostly through exercise) though so we are seeing improvements, but he still loves his butter!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote