Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Default Last 15-20 pounds and I need help!

Ladies,

I know some of you have been "here" with the problem I am having. Okay, I was very successful in my WL at the beginning, but I have been stuck since April. I am not "shifting" the blame.... b/c ultimately I am in control. BUT, myself and my DH started this "together" for our wedding. We both lost around 70-80 pounds from October 08- April 09. We were married in May 09.... and I have not lost a "real" pound since. I have been going back and forth and I have not made it out of the 190s! I am a tall/big lady and I would love so bad to make it to my goal this time..... which is in the 170s. BUT, my DH who is in the 300s has given up. He says "he is blowing his diet", which he has not been on since April. He does NOT move at all.... I am exercising my butt off (which is the reason I have not gained my weight back).

So, after that little ramble, my question is---- how did you all make it to your goal if you had a spouse who really did not want to lose weight? I love him to death, and I am not pressuring him to lose weight, but I would like to finish and make my goal..... but it is hard with him wanting to eat out a lot and such.

Can anyone offer some help?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Simple- YOU don't eat out. My husband LOVES to eat out- but I don't do it- so he can either go alone or stay home with me and eat the nutritious dinner I make. He chooses to stay home with me.

I used to eat out cuz my husband wanted to and I wanted HIM to be happy-but then I was like what about me? Is it going to kill him to eat a better meal? Nope- and it's healthier for him as well as myself!

Don't get me wrong- we do eat out 1-2x a week, but healthier places I can go to.

I hope your hubby doesn't give up- men can lose easier than women and maybe his doctor can give him a diet he can follow- like Atkins or South Beach

Last edited by beerab; 09-24-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

You can eat out and also eat healthy. The South Beach has at least two pages about this.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I am closing this thread. After reading it.... it sounded like a big whine fest. I will get to my goal...... even if I have to do it alone.
Closed Thread