100 lb. Club - New member of the family!

View Full Version : New member of the family!

Trazey34
09-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Meet FRANK!!!

His owners are people my DH knew at work, they're moving and were going to dump Frank at the pound! WTF???

Frank's awesome, he's fun and happy and very well behaved, and I'm having a blast walking him around. He seems to love us too!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

LotusMama
09-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Super cute!

nelie
09-23-2009, 08:23 PM
yay!! I'm a beagle owner as well. I was just talking to another rescue today (I board my dogs there) and they casually mentioned they had another beagle that needs a home. I was like "oh no!". I absolutely love the hounds.

Oh and that is absolutely horrible that someone could treat their pet as a 'thing' and just want to dump them. Although I know with the economy people have had various reasons for getting rid of their pets (like having to move into a no pet place). I would be damned if I'd give up my babies though.

bargoo
09-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Frank is so lucky to have you ! Congratulations !

gumboot
09-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Congratulations on the new member of your family! He is so darn cute! Lucky girl! :hug:

Windchime
09-23-2009, 09:12 PM
He is adorable! Years ago, I had a beagle named Penny. She was the best little dog ever. Congratulations!

WaterRat
09-23-2009, 09:13 PM
How cute! Can't imagine giving up my cats ever....

Sandi
09-23-2009, 09:15 PM
What a cutie!!!

Tai
09-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Congratulations Trazey! He's absolutely adorable. Think of all the wonderful exercise you'll get walking him!

DCHound
09-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Yay, I love beagles!!!!

crazycurls
09-23-2009, 10:09 PM
AWWWWW! He's so cute! Beagles are wonderful dogs! My little Maggie is part beagle!

WildThings
09-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Aww, how cute! It sounds like he has a much better home now.

JulieJ08
09-23-2009, 10:15 PM
He's adorable. Looks smart, too ;)

rockinrobin
09-23-2009, 10:35 PM
He's just adorable. And so very lucky to have you to take care of him.

Enjoy him!!!!

cfmama
09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
OH my gosh he is SUPER SUPER cute!!!!! Congratulations on Frank. What a great name for a beagle!

cinderpa
09-23-2009, 10:43 PM
My brother had a beagle named Sadie. Great dogs. Hes is a real cutie. Congrats on your new baby. I'm so glad Frank found a good home with you.

Creeech
09-23-2009, 11:09 PM
You're amazing for taking him in..he's so adorable!

traci in training
09-23-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm sure he does love you, too! Rescue dogs have a knack for understanding that someone has given them a second chance. My Chewie is slightly schizophrenic (I'm pretty sure he hears voices) but I love him and I wouldn't trade him for anything! Congratulations!

ubergirl
09-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Adorable!!!

kasmin
09-23-2009, 11:54 PM
He sure has a great smile:D

shcirerf
09-24-2009, 12:16 AM
How cute!

I'm fostering a corgi right now, his owner had to move and couldn't find a house that would let him keep the dog.

Anyone need a 4 year old, neutered corgi?

cfmama
09-24-2009, 01:00 AM
I have a pembroke welsh corgi. Is he a cardi or a pem? If you can't keep him you can contact corgi rescue and most of them are really good about taking them in and finding them homes :)

GirlyGirlSebas
09-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Yay! What wonderful news both both Frank and you!

Institches21
09-24-2009, 01:20 AM
He is a cutie pie, and looks like he's a ham, smiles for the camera!!

Enjoy your new buddy and walking partner!

famograham
09-24-2009, 01:34 AM
Frank is gorgeous!
Congratulations!!!

How old is he?

:hug:

Alana in Canada
09-24-2009, 01:53 AM
What a sweetie!

We have a Beagle "exactly like Frank!"--at least that's what my daughter said as we ooohed and cooed. What a happy face he's got!

SuchAPrettyFace
09-24-2009, 03:24 AM
Congratulations! That is one good lookin beagle! :)

Rosinante
09-24-2009, 03:50 AM
He's beautiful! and will obviously have a better life with you than with people who didn't care about him.

Suezeeque
09-24-2009, 04:22 AM
In Germany adopting a dog is almost like adopting a child; and people are not allowed to throw them away like garbage. I do not understand why the U.S. and Canada are so backward in this area. I know I should be tolerant and that people have reasons, but since I was a kid I could never be friends with anyone who ever, ever mistreated any animal. So, thank you for taking Frank. You are his angel.

thistoo
09-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Cutie! I'm so glad he found a home with people who will love him right. :)

losermom
09-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Welcome Frank! He does have the great Beagle smile. We have a Beagle mix, Lucy, that smiles just like him! Lucy is a Giant Beagle--she's 45 lbs. and loves to run w/DH. They are such sweet and happy dogs.

Beverlyjoy
09-24-2009, 08:24 AM
I love Beagles! In college we had a neighborhood Beagle named Fido. No one knew where he lived - he was out running around, friendly, healthy. He would follow me to classes. Fond memories.

He was a street smart urban dog.

AbbySinthe
09-24-2009, 08:26 AM
I think it's just wonderful that you took Frank in. He looks incredibly happy and I'm sure you and your family are going to create tons of great memories with him in the years to come. :hug:

jab91864
09-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Congrats on the new addition, and congrats to Frank for not having to go to the pound !!! :carrot:

shcirerf
09-24-2009, 09:15 AM
I have a pembroke welsh corgi. Is he a cardi or a pem? If you can't keep him you can contact corgi rescue and most of them are really good about taking them in and finding them homes :)

He's a pem. I'd keep him, but I already have 3 and that's enough. I'm going to call a gal know and get him into a rescue somewhere. He has a bright, shiny, happy personality, but,,,,,he's been an only child and has no doggie social skills so a home with another dog isn't going to work well, and his previous owners, while they loved him, and took very good care of him, didn't teach him anything, he doesn't even know sit. So not having any rules or boundries ever, he doesn't know what to do if you tell him no, so he either curls his lip and growls or goes and hides. He also won't be good with small kids and as a Pem, he's of course a cat chaser.

All these issues are easily resolveable, because they aren't bad, but I don't have enough time to do justice to him. Plus I don't feel comfortable placing him right now, because unless the new owners are experienced, it probably won't work out. I don't want to see that, because he can be a real sweetie. He loves to cuddle on the couch and have his belly rubbed.

Trazey34
09-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Frank is 3, and we've had him almost two weeks - i'm insanely in love with him already!!! His previous owners had a totally different philosophy from me when it comes to dogs/pets. They kept him for barking in case of an intruder, that's pretty much it. Caged most of the time. OK I'm going to start bawling LOL Dogs are people too and need to roam around and be cuddled!! he loves his new bed, and he looks all happy and stoked to be with people ~ don't worry, I'm not going to dress him up in outfits and push him around in a baby carriage ;) heheheh

AND I've been walking like crazy, he's so fun to take outside -- i think it's a match made in heaven!!!

Thanks for all the fun replies, Frank says thanks too!

shcirerf
09-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Dogs aren't people? I did not know that.

I must be nuts:?:

I am in the lucky position of being able to take my dog, Ruby to work with me every day, I talk to her all the time. I swear she knows what I'm saying.:carrot:

BTW, Kirby my foster dog is getting better.:carrot: He has a ways to go, but he's gonna be ok. Made some contacts today with a corgi rescue that is going to help me finding him an appropriate corgi home.

They are a bit of a temperamental herding breed, not for everyone. Great dogs, but aloof, stubborn and independent. Loyal to a fault, if you can understand them.

nikki
09-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Some people just shouldn't own pets! I got my dog under similar circumstances, except the previous dog owners were moving into OUR rental property where we allow pets! The wife said that she didn't want the dog to "ruin the carpet" and I was like, "What??" Sometimes I think pet owners simply don't want the pet anymore and just look for an excuse. Congratulations to you and Frank for finding him a good home!