Support Groups - McSkinney's Loozing Floozies Fabulous Fall Thread!

4myloves
09-23-2009, 10:38 AM
The other thread was getting long, so here's a new one for us! Hopefully it really WON'T last all fall!!

Cheryl

gdeann
09-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks for starting the new thread Cheryl! Happy Fall ya'll!

4myloves
09-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Gayle, I just noticed your weight-loss ticker says you're only 12 pounds away from your goal!!!!!!!! WONDERFUL!!!!!

4myloves
09-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Glenn Beck, Glenn Beck, Glenn Beck!!!!!

coles
09-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Dee- never, ever feel that you are not loved and cared about by us. You are in my prayers as well as your Mom. It is hard to face losing someone you love and to watch them hurting. All you can do is try to be there and offer comfort. My heart breaks for you.
Cheryl - that is a beautiful name for your little girl. How are you feeling these days.
Gayle- good for you guys challenging each other to eat healthy. I could use a little willpower dust right about now.

Deelite
09-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Mom is hanging in there for now but the dr said she only has a few days left and that was wednesday night. She is still alert in the morning and evening. Afternoon is so so. I need a mop to wipe up all the tears I have shed. It is hard to beleive that things will never be the same again. What mattered before doesn't really matter any more. Funny how something like this puts things in perspective.
Have a good weekend everyone and thanks for letting me pour it out.

gdeann
09-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Prayers continue Dee. May God comfort your family in the midst of pain and strengthen your family in the midst of uncertainty and fear. Blessings to your mother that she will have a peaceful passing and a glorious eternal life. I wish I could be there with you, to hug you or offer some support. Even though we are miles away from each other, know I am thinking and praying for your family 24/7.

Deelite
09-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks Gayle, I wish you were here, I need the hug.

Last night mom wasn't coherent. The morphine was mixing her up but dad just called and she was clearer this morning.
I feel like my heart is breaking but I am sure once she is gone it will feel like it has shattered.
I am ready to let her go she has suffered enough.
Gayle I just ready your quote Praise God! Amen.

Thanks for he support you guys don't know how much it means to me.

I called out breast cancer foundation friday and asked if they would give me some pink ribbons for mom's funeral....the lady said she never had that request before. I also told her we were told mom just has a few days and I was scared we might not get them in time for the funeral and I wasn't in the right mind to run over and get them. she said that she would pop them in the mail asap and that I would probably get them monday or tuesday at the latest. The lovely lady dropped by yesterday and hand delivered them. There are angels in our mists.

Thanks again, now if you only lived closer you could helping me with the cooking. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around that chore and I am fed up of eatting out. I don't like to go out more than a couple of times a week.

Most of us are going to mom and dad's for dinner. We are just buying a few roasted chickens and everyone is adding to that. I don't think food is an issue it is about being together.

Enjoy your loved ones.

Deelite
09-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Just wanted to let you know that mom is a tough cookie, she is still hanging in there. I guess she is trying to make us tough cookies too. It is hard to beleive but last saturday it was three weeks since she went into the hospital. We seen her that afternoon at home sitting in the living room on the couch. She had pain in her ribs but she visited with us and gave us some cucumbers and dad's last potatoes he had in the house. She made the boys go out and pick some plums from the tree. We never left mom and dad's without mom giving us something.

We gather at mom and dad's for dinner. It was good for us but we sure noticed mom not there. I brought the picture that we are putting up at the funeral and set it on the counter in the kitchen. My dad sobs when he seen it. He wouldnt even let me hug him. He was as stiff as a board and he to walk away. Despite all the emotions we had a good time. Later that night we went to see mom. My last two visits haven't been good. She is so mixed up that there is no quality there for us. I go so I can take care of her. My dad just sits there and kisses her hand and adjusts her oxygen tubes. It is so sad to see him like that. He loves her so much, poor Romeo. One of the nurses thought that was a nick name cause of the way he fusses over mom. She said he is so good with her. The laughed when she found out that was his real name.

I hope you all have a peaceful enjoyable day.

Deelite
10-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Mom passed away tuesday morning at 5:30. I will post the link to the obituary later this morning when it comes on line.

Thanks for the support.

4myloves
10-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Dee, :hug: :cry:

I wish I could fly up to you to support you at the funeral.

gdeann
10-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Hugs to you sweetie! So sorry to read about your mom. Even if we seem to be prepared for this, we never are. May God give you the strength to get through this horrible time. May God also comfort you in knowing she is now in Heaven. Hugs to your family, I'm like Cheryl, I wish I could be there for you.

ShelleyM
10-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Dee-I am sending many hugs, kisses and prayers to you and your family. Your mom has fought long and hard. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug and help you through this tough time. You will always hold a piece of your mom in your heart and she knows how much you love her. Please call me if you need anything. I love you!

coles
10-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Dee - I am with you in my heart. Take comfort knowing that your Mom is no longer suffering and is an angel who will watch over you until you meet again in heaven. Prayers for you and your family.
Love you,
Janice

Deelite
10-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Here is the link to mom's obituary

http://www.passagesmb.com/obituary_details.cfm?ObitID=155434

4myloves
10-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Dee, your mom was a beautiful lady!

I hope you're holding up.

4myloves
10-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Just checking in to keep us going!!

gdeann
10-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Praying for your family Dee. I remember how difficult it was years ago losing my dad. I also know due to my mom's health, I will lose her in the future. You are walking now in the shoes I must bear again one day. Losing a parent is a very difficult thing to do. May God bless you and keep you. Your mom was a very pretty woman (just like her daughter) may you have comfort in knowing she is now singing with the angels.

Deelite
10-10-2009, 03:42 PM
I guys, I am just popping in for a minute. I left for the lake the day after the funeral (sunday) I will be coming home on thanksgiving monday. Dad wants us all over for dinner. I am very sad. Thanks for the prayers, please remember me each day til I get through this. It will be difficult for you all to lose your mom. I will be there to catch you and hold you when it happens.

I love you.

Deelite
10-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey where did you gals go???? I need a group hug!

{{{HUG}}}

coles
10-14-2009, 08:55 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_104.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA) Dee - HUGS!!!

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7924)

Deelite
10-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Hey Janice i love your new picture. Thanks for the hug.

What are you up to lately?

gdeann
10-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Love the new pic Janice, you look so young! Cheryl, I Iike the new pic! He is so much cuter then that beagle!

HUGS Dee! You guys continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. How is your dad coping???

4myloves
10-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey all!

I had my 28 week check up yesterday. To my horror, I got the report that I've gained TWELVE pounds in 4 weeks!!! Incredible! The doctor says the baby is too big for her age, but I went through the same thing with Jake, so I'm hoping everything is fine. I've got to go in for the sugar-loading test to see if I have Gestational Diabetes becaue if my rapid weight gain and her size.

Hope you all are doing well--glad everyone (except SHELLEY!!!!!) checked in--makes me :)

coles
10-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Cheryl - I hope everything is okay. Since you went through the same thing with Jake I'm sure everything is fine. The doctors are very careful these days. I love your tracker. Its nice to see your little girl growing.
Dee - http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_67.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7924)

Deelite
10-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi guys it is nice to see some activity here.

Cheryl I am praying that everything is ok. they were concerned for me too when i was pregnant with Jay but it worked out ok. I hope that the baby isn't too big. That makes for a tougher delivery.

Gayle you post but you don't tell us what you are up too. How is work the old guy leaving you alone?

Janice our weather has been grey and cool. We had a sprinkling of snow on saturday but it is gone. Suppose to be 13 out sunday for the bomber game. Are you putting in lots of hours lately?

I am off for my swim. Maybe I will check around and see if I can find Shelley and bring her back with me. lol

By the way it maybe hard and I cry everyday but I am hanging in there.

4myloves
10-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Thank you both!

Janice, how is your new position working out for you? I know you're doing basically the same thing, but did your workload/responsibility increase?

Dee, I would cry every day, too. And while I was laying in bed at night. Sometimes I already cry in bed at night just thinking about my parents getting older and how things are going to be without them.

When I had Jake I found out that I don't have "birthin' hips" so all of my babies will be c-section deliveries. The + side of that is that I'll get to schedule my deliveries.

Deelite
10-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Shelley thank you for the beautiful card. It made me cry. All I have left is memories. Aunty Sally said that life is about making memories. She was oh so right.

Cheryl I didn't remember that you had a c section. Size doesn't matter as much then but hopefully you don't have GB. I use to worry for years about losing my mom. She has so many ups and downs with her lungs. It is worse than I thought and I dont think that I really have come to terms that she isn't here. Mom and I were close.

Gayle I realized that I didn't answer your question about dad. He seems to be doing ok. He is out at cribage turnaments and trying to keep busy. For goodness sakes right after mom passed away we came back from the hospital and we had to make a big breakfast for everyone and then dad made pickles. lol My dad is an old fasion kind of husband that the wife cooked. He made pickles. Even had to go back to the city to pick up vinegar. As long as he keeps busy it helps him. He got rid of all mom's stuff already. All the estate has been taken care of too. It almost seems like her memory is being erased. Nobody would even talk about her at thanksgiving.

Yesterday we had cake here for Jay's birthday. His birthday is on tuesday but Larry will be away. Anyways I kept up all the cards and her picture. I wasn't sure how that would go but we talked about mom and it was good. I even had a cheque to give Jason from mom for his birthday.

I am having a hard time staying home alone. As long as I am outside I do better. Even when I was camping it was good. Now as soon as I am home alone I feel sad really sad. I decided that I needed to go to PV so I booked a flight for Nov 4 for two weeks. I hope that it helps with the healing process. I will only be home two weeks and then going to Vegas with Larry for a convention. Shelley remember last year when he had the convention? I went to florida. Next year it will be back in orlando so we can get together again.

Deelite
10-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Come and post guys we are falling apart here.

I am lonely this week and trying to keep as busy as possible. Larry left for a business trip on sunday.
Hey Shelley he will be in Tampa next week.
So needless to say he is gonna be gone a long time. He will be home for the weekend. I am not sure how long he will be in florida or when he will leave but we won't see much of each other. I am leaving for PV on nov 4th for two weeks. Tow weeks after I get back we are going to Vegas on a convention. Should be fun and help pass my time as I heal

I miss you guys.

xox

coles
10-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Dee- my heart goes out to you. Everyone handles grief in different ways. Maybe it was just too painful for your Dad to see all your Mom's things.
Hang in there my friend. Going to PV sounds like a good idea.
Cheryl - I hope all is well with you.
The weather hear is gray and rainy. We haven't had snow yet. I can wait a long time for that.
I will try to post more often.

gdeann
10-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Prayers continue Dee! I agree with Janice, everyone handles grief differently and maybe this is the only way your dad knows how to cope through it all. Prayers go out to him to find comfort in your moms memories and to find the peace he needs now to cope through the loss of such a wonderful lady. I think PV sounds like a great idea! I wish we could join you, but I just made a new car purchase and with a jerk Director, I'm not sure how stable my position is at the shop. He is having a tail gate party Friday night at the nursing home, complete with beer! The seniors are not happy, but he basically is self centered and will not respect their wishes. Most couldn't drink even if they wanted to because of meds. He is inviting the chamber and other civic organizations in, trying to drum up business. BTW: I am not going! :-)
I purchased a Honda Element and LOVE it! It looks little on the outside, but I need to get use to the "hugeness" of the interior after driving a small car. It is called crossover, flexibility of a pickup and not near as big as a SUV. I'm love'n it! I named it Earl! Earl is a deep burgundy wine shade with gray interior. :-)
Mom is having some medical problems AGAIN, I will be taking her to her cardiologist out of town this coming Monday. I think it is probably a progression of her congestive heart failure because all of her blood work is coming up ok here with her local doc. Hopefully we can get a few answers to our questions.
Janice, our weather here is weird! Yesterday was in the 80's but today chance of snow! Pure craziness! Last week was FREEZING but the past few days have been nice! I am so ready to see spring again! :-)
I hope life is treating everyone as well as can be expected with certain situations. I think of you guys often, just nothing really new to update you with. HUGS to all!

coles
10-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Just booked a vacation to Cuba for a week in February. I would really like to get motivated and lose some weight before then.

Deelite
10-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Wow Janice congratulations! As I read your post before this I was thinking about your last vacation when you talked about no snow yet. I am sure that you will have a way better time. I am happy that you are going, good for you.

OK girl lets get a commitment out of you......how much weight would you like to lose before you leave? Or maybe better yet what dress size would you like to aim for? Or how many inches you would like to lose. We are here for you and will help you with your journey.

Gayle your new vehicle is sweet. I hope that you enjoy it. It will take a bit of getting use to but I am sure that you won't mind. ;)
That sucks when you work for a director that is all in it for money and doesn't consider anyone else. I think a tail gate party serving drinks is crazy for a seniors center.
Your weather does sound pretty extreme. It has been cloudy here for almost 3 weeks. That is unusual. Finally the sun was out most of the day yesterday. It sure hasn't been to warm. Just a little above freezing during the day.
I hope that the dr will be able to help your mom. Remember that each day is a gift that you have with her. Think back to a few years ago when you just about lost her and it is a miracle that she is here. Same story as mom if you remember when I was in Vallarta about 5 years ago she had respitory failure and was on life support for 10 days. I knew then that everyday we had with her was precious.

I am trying to keep really busy this week while Larry is away. I have been out most of the time. It is hard to be alone here at the house but if I am outside walking in the park it is so much better.

Time to get ready for my swim, it is nice to see that there is some action on the board.

Deelite
10-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Janice how did your food choices go yesterda? Did you get active and walk?

Yeah Larry comes home tonight.

4myloves
10-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey Ladies!

I've been off & on work lately, because Jake is having problems. We were afraid he was getting a cold or the flu, but now we just think he's cutting his 2nd-year molars, thank God. Still a hassle, but at least he's not "sick."

The Tupperware business has been slow lately, too, but partly my fault because I've not felt like pushing it. Hopefully things will pick up now since Christmas is on the way. If any of you need to do any Christmas shopping, don't forget my site.

http://www.mytupperware.com/davischertl

Deelite
10-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Cheryl how are you feeling, little tired now? It won't be long you will be through this pregnancy journal. Wow 2nd year molors already. That is hard to believe. Our little Jake is growing up.
Enjoy your weekend.

coles
10-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Dee- you are right, we need to set some goals and get on track. I would like to lose 10 lbs a month. That may be a bit high but lets see how it goes.
I am in a 16 now so lets say the goal is a size 14.

Deelite
10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Good going Janice for setting goals. Now how do you plan on achieving them, what steps will you take?

coles
10-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Okay, now you're giving me all the hard questions.
Short answer - no sweets, eat fresh fruit, lots of fibre, lean protein, tons of veggies.

Deelite
10-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Sounds like an awesome plan! How about some walking thrown in there? You can do it. Why don't you check in here everyday and let us know how you are doing. Maybe journal on our thread that way it will make you accountable and maybe it will motivate some of us too.

I have goals too. I would like to lose two pounds. The scale has crept up and I am not going to let it get higher than a two pound weight gain. My plan has been to hit the gym morning some afternoons and I have also been going some evenings. After my mom died I just couldn't stand by with out letting out some of my pain. I would scream if I thought that it might help but I started to jog again. It helps me quiet my spirit. Just before I start I dedicate this mile to her. I am not going to jog more than a couple of miles at a time because of the pain it causes in my back.

Anyone else got any goals? It doesn't have to be weight related.

Gayle how do you like your new vehicle? What is Allison going to be for halloween? Do the seniors do something too?

Shelley does your school have halloween parties? The kids look so cute when they are dressed up. Do you dress up for school?

Cheryl are you taking Jake out this year? What will he be? I am sure that he will be a lot more interested in it than last year. Now the fun begins.
How are you feeling? How about your sugar levels, how are you doing with that?

My dad left for Ottawa today. He is driving to visit some of his family and my brother and family. It is probably about a 25 hour drive there. He is keeping very busy. I understand that totally cause that is exactly what i am doing. I think he is ok.
Larry had his first melt down since mom died. We went to see my sisters keeper. It is about a older sister around 13 getting cancer. Her younger sister was concevied for her organs. It is really sad and the older sister dies of cancer. While leaving the show in the mall I asked Larry what he thought of the movie and he broke out sobbing.....saying that he missed mom and that he loved her. He couldn't control his sobbing. He must have cried for a good 10 minutes. I don't think he had cried yet. At least not in front of me. I don't know even if he has had any tears. I feel so much better now that he has cried. It is good for him too.

Deelite
10-27-2009, 12:58 PM
My goals for today are

swim 30 minutes; 45 aqua class; 45 low impact class

unrelated goal is

do laundry; make dough for bread; get hot tub water tested; bring amigo in to get nails trimmed

Deelite
10-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Yesterdays goals completed!

Todays goals

Run 2 miles
45 minute weight class
walk in the afternoon

buy sheets at costco
try on clothes for PV

What are your goals?

4myloves
10-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Hey!

Sorry it's been awhile--my mom, two sisters, Jake and myself took a long week-end and went to Branson to shop and spend some time together. I spent way too much money (on Jake and Stewart--nothing for myself!!), but it was fun!

I got Jake's Halloween costume at the Disney Store--he's going to be Winnie the Pooh. I still have to find him some golden sweatpants to wear under the outfit, which may be hard. I'm hoping, though, that since the local school's colors are blue and gold, some of the sporting stores in the area will have what I need. I also need to make him a Huney pot to collect his treats in. I guess I should have done this a couple of weeks ago but, oh well!!

Dee, I'm glad to hear your dad is gettin out some. Did I read that right--is he really driving 25 hours???? Woosh! I think I'd have to fly!! I'm glad Larry was able to finally express his grief--for BOTH of you. You thought you were the only one suffering, but now you know that you are not alone. Plus, it's a testimony of his love for you that he loved your mom that much. You have such a great family, you are truly blessed.

Janice, I think your plan sounds like a good one. When is your trip to Cuba scheduled? Is your goal to be down 10 lbs by the time you leave? Are you getting bikini ready?

Gayle and Shelley, I miss both of you!

Deelite
10-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Cheryl I am very fond of winnie the pooh. Did you know that he is from winnipeg my town? There was a guy here that had a bear called winnie. At the zoo it tells the whole story of how winnie got his name in winnipeg. You will have to post pictures later.
I am glad that you got away with your family. I am jealous of you. I won't be able to do that again. Enjoy every moment you have with a special one.

Fitness goals completed.
Went to costco no sheets :(

now to try on some of my clothes.

Deelite
10-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Any goals?

Today my goals are to

swim 30 minutes
aqua class 45 minutes
low impact class 45 minutes

I am also going to eat healthy.

I have 6 more sleeps til I go to PV, I cant wait.

Deelite
10-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Hey anybody want to join me? It is lonely over here.

All Goals accomplished for yesterday.

Todays goals

1 hour of Yoga

I think I will take the rest of the day off.

I am planning on going out for lunch with the girls from the Y.

gdeann
10-31-2009, 02:08 PM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

gdeann
10-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Can you tell our Maggie is a model??? :-) We dressed her up for Halloween, then I turned her pics into cartoon form. I'm not sure if she liked it or not, I think she was behaving just for the treats!

coles
11-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Gayle - she is cute.
Cheryl - did Jake go out dressed up?
Dee - you are never alone, we are just a click away.
Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween. We didn't get even one trick or treater. I worked all weekend.

4myloves
11-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Hello all!

I had a slight accident on Friday, involving loose gravel that was washed across the hwy from all the rain we've been getting. I skidded/hydroplaned a good 20 ft. on the road and then 20 more off of it. Luckily there were no standing trees, just lots of vines in a fairly flat area.

I went to the DR to get the baby checked out, just in case, and got a good report.

I'm a little sore across my chest where the seat belt grabbed, and my knee was sore but is better now.

Could have been a lot worse--I was really blessed!!

coles
11-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Cheryl - thank God you are okay. That was scary. I'm so glad you weren't hurt. You were blessed. What happened to your baby tracker. I liked watching her grow.
Dee- hope you are okay, I worry about you when you don't post.
Have a wonderful day ladies.

4myloves
11-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Janice, the tracker's still there......

coles
11-04-2009, 06:47 AM
I love watching your tracker Cheryl. It seems like the time is going fast. Maybe you don't think so.(63 days) I am excited for you. I wonder what Jake thinks?
Dee - enjoy your vacation and try not to be sad. We love you.

coles
11-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Hope Everyone is Okay!
Have a wonderful weekend.

4myloves
11-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Hey! I hope everyone is great, too!!

Where are you all?

Janice, glad to see you're checking in!! How's the new job going? Is it everything you thought it would be?

I have a Tupperware function tomorrow. I'm setting up a booth of Cash and Carry at the local animal shelter as part of a fund raiser that we're doing together. I'm not charging a lot for my CnC, because I mainly just want to get rid of it before the baby gets here! Stewart's getting grouchy because of all the plastic around the house :lol: My goal is to clear at least $100, just to have some diaper $$$$$

Deelite
11-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Just poppin in to say i miss you chicks!
It is hot here and I am loving it. I am not alone as I have a friend in another condo down til saturday.

Cheryl thank god you and the baby are ok. That would have been scarey.
Good luck with the party. I hope you do awesome.

Janice how is the weight coming off, are you still motivated?

Well I just came in from the beach now I am heading uo to the roof top pool for a swim and gotta get ready to go out to dinner by 7:00.

Keep posting,

Oh yeah since I have been here I have been sad only a little bit. I haven;t cried and cried just a tear here and there when I talk about it but other wise i am good. this was a good thing for me.

One other note please pray for me. I found a lump in my breast. The dr varified it and when I get home he is sending me asap for a mamogram.

4myloves
11-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Dee, hopefully the lump will be nothing but one of those cysts that are caused by caffeine in some people. Maybe you've been drinking more coffee than usual lately? Let us know as soon as you find out something!!

Deelite
11-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Cheryl I hope so. I mostly drink green tea. I only have about a cup of coffee a day. But is still could be just a cyst. My breast is sometimes sore.

4myloves
11-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Dee, any news?

coles
11-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Just catching up with you chickies!
Dee - I had a lump removed a few years ago. It was just fibroid, its good to get things checked out, keep us posted. I'm glad you are feeling better. The sunshine is good for you.
I have been doing good on my diet for the past couple of weeks. I am down seven pounds. I hope I can stay focused over the holidays. Its such a food orientated time of year.
I love my new job except they haven't filled my old position yet and I'm doing the work from both jobs. I am getting kind of fed up with that.
Good luck with your sales Cheryl. 49 days to go, YEAH! I can't wait for your little girl to make an appearance in the world.

4myloves
11-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Janice--I won't make it that long!! When I had my appointment on November 4th, the Ob/Gyn said she already measures weighing 5 pounds!! (My little tracker TODAY says "a little over 4 pounds.") He made me do the sugar-loading test for Gestational Diabetes, which came back negative, so he said I'm in store for a 9-lb. baby if I carry to term. He told me to expect a Christmas baby--especially with Jake being a month early naturally.

coles
11-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Cheryl - I am so excited. I wish I was there with you. I love babies.

4myloves
11-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Janice, maybe I could send my mother-in-law to Ontario for a week or two to take your place at work and you could come down here in her place..... :devil:

gdeann
11-18-2009, 05:00 PM
I was hoping the MIL was behaving better Cheryl. I agree though, wouldn't it be wonderful if Janice could come stay with you! Allie was born one week before Christmas, her middle name is Noelle because of being so close to Christmas. Hopefully you won't be in the middle of your Christmas day when you get the message the little bugger is ready to appear! :-)
Janice, I'm glad you like the position, too bad they can't find any help for you though! Are you getting excited about the trip? Were you able to find alot of reviews on the net about it?
Nothing new here, same-o, same-o... I lead quite the boring life...
Everyone have a fantastic day! Later gator!

coles
11-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Gayle - sometimes boring is good. Yes we are excited about the trip. I did look at reviews. They were mixed, lots of good and lots of negative.
Yes Cheryl you send you MIL up here. It would be interesting to see how Doug would get along without me. I would love to be there with you. How is Jake doing? Does he understand about the baby?

4myloves
11-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Gayle, no luck on the MIL behaving better. It will never happen. You know, even boring, we want to hear from you!!!!

Janice, jake is beginning to comprehend that there's a baby in Momma's belly. I ask him who's baby it is, though and he says "mommy's baby." I'm trying to tell him that it's also Jake's baby.

Needing to hear from Dee!!!!! We need an update!

coles
11-24-2009, 06:13 AM
43 days to go. Cheryl you must be getting excited. How are you feeling? Your MIL seems to be just one of those people that complains regardless of the circumstances. We all know a few of those.
Dee- okay I know you're home let us know how you're doing.
Gayle - how is your Christmas shopping going. I'm about half finished.

4myloves
11-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey all (or whoever is out there........),

I had my 34-week appointment today. The dr. said the little one now weighs in at 6 1/2 pounds! She's a big girl! Jake weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. when he was born, one month early. Looks like history may repeat itself--or I'll have a big girl! As long as she's healthy, I don't care!

We get off two hours early for Thanksgiving, and I didn't get here 'till noon, so it's going to be a short day for me at work! YEA!!!

Dee, I'm worried about you, please check in and let us know what you found out at the dr. If nothing else, have Larry type a short message to us or send something to my e-mail. :hug:

ShelleyM
11-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!

Cheryl-I can't believe you are already that far along.

I'm sorry I don't check in often. I am on FB everyday and sometimes can't get into 3FC.

Dee is doing okay, just please pray for Dez. She is having some medical problems.

Janice-I love you new picture! You look fantastic.

coles
11-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Shelley - Glad to see you check in with us. I do keep track of you on FB.
Cheryl - great checkup. Little girl is growing. Less than 40 days to go.
Dee - hope you are okay.
Have a wonderful day ladies.

Deelite
11-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi guys I tried to check in yesterday and the server was down

In short form this is what has been happening in my life

had a wonderful trip it i was really happy and I feel less sad about mom
had 2 mamograms, an ultra sound and the specialist come and check me out. Scarey but he said to watch the lump closely it is not cancer at this time
I had a baby nephew that was born this week
Visited with my brother and dad twice this week. he is now gone back home.
Had lunch and a walk with my sister before she left to buy a condo in mesa. She put an offer on
Went to dr with Dez, cancer is growning she needs another operation, will find out more when she sees specialist in mid december
pour the sand out of my suitcase yesterday finally and started to get things packed again
going to vegas a week from sunday i think it is dec 6
decorated the house for christmas minus the tree
started some christmas just barely
tried to keep the negitive stress away by doing meditation and yoga
missed you guys

Deelite
12-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Did Santa Clause come and kidnapp you all? No randsom note sent to me.

coles
12-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Hey Dee I'm still here. Not much action around here though. I have lost 10 pounds so far in the past month. I am really worried about all the festivities this month though. I am determined to stay on track. I am going out with the managers at work on the 7th, out with a friend for lunch on the 14th, out with a group from work on the 16th, and another group of friends some other night. All buffets. I have to stay away from the sweets and overeating. What a challenge this time of year. Anybody else struggling?

4myloves
12-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Hey all.

Just checking in to let you know I'm still alive--no baby yet!

We've been extra busy at work lately, it's beginning to be our busiest season of the year--and, with maternity leave coming up, I've really been trying to get a lot of things wrapped up.

Dee, hope you and Dez are both Ok.

Janice, Congrats on the 10 pounds!!! You'll be ok over the holidays as long as you practice moderation!! (That was SO EASY to type!!)

Deelite
12-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Cheryl let us know when that baby is coming. Good luck to you.

Janice wow 10 pounds down, that is great. I was wondering how you were doing.
Now you mentioned 4 occassions and I know of course there will be your family gatherings too but think about it. It is only 4 meals out of how many other meals that you have control over. It is ok to eat a little more at those 4+ meals just watch what your other food choices are. You can do it. Forgive yourself if you over indulge on a few extra calories and try to walk some of it off. You have done awesome.

Shelley and Gayle where are you??????????

coles
12-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Yes Cheryl, so easy to type, I wish it was that easy to do.
Since its mostly buffet (Mandarin) I will fill up on salad, veggies, and lean meat. They also have some sugar free desserts so I will be fine. Just need to stick with the plan.
Dee - you're right its just four meals. In the Nursing Home families and staff are constantly bringing in Christmas goodies, temptations everywhere. YIKES!!
Willpower dust http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_13_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)If I make it through December I can do anything. Have a wonderful weekend ladies.
Dee - any snow yet? It is chilly here but we haven't had snow yet.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7925)

Deelite
12-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Janice can do it girl! Do it for yourself, your health and your body. Think of those sweets as poison. You are doing so well.

Just a sprinkling of snow but there is now ice on the sidewalks and parking lots. :(

I hurt my good leg coming down the stairs two days ago. I thought I broke it but it is either the muscle or tendon. It is pretty hard to walk and we leave for Vegas sunday. I am wrapping it with a heating blanket and it has improved a lot since it happened so I am hoping that it will be better by tomorrow.

Happy shopping everyone.

coles
12-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Dee- that is terrible to hurt your leg like that. Hopefully the heat will help. Did you go to the doctor for an xray? Did you figure out some things to do in Vegas? It should be fun with all the shows to choose from.
Feel better quick.
Roll Call - Cheryl, Shelley, Gayle - come connect with us.

gdeann
12-07-2009, 05:02 PM
GREAT JOB WITH THE WEIGHT LOSS JANICE! You will do super through the holidays!

Sounds like everyone is doing ok, Dee, take care of the leg! My bum is still sore from the fall a few weeks ago. Good thing I had extra padding. How is Dez?

Cheryl, got baby yet??? Think of you often sweetie!

I am here, checking in, nothing new to report. My moms health is failing so I am spending more and more time at her house and running errands when I can. We are having Christmas evening at her house this year due to her not being able or wanting to try to get out. We will do Christmas early afternoon at the MIL's with me fixing a ham. Then Christmas evening at mom's, I think I will do a taco salad and enchiladas. She loves that kind of food, but never gets it. SOOOOOOO as you can also see, my diet is out the window!! LOL! Actually, I'm maintaining, so I'm happy with that. I want to lose back down, but will wait until after the holidays to really concentrate on it. My biggest problem is wine! I honestly love it! I can go several days without it, but if it is in the house, I will drink it. :-)

Sorry I'm not checking in as often as I use to, hopefully I will do better!

gdeann
12-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Dee, we are having a casino built just about 1/2 mile from us (straight up the hill) It will be the only one in our city and the nearest is in Missouri. It should be open this month.

4myloves
12-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Just checking in--no baby yet, but I feel ready to pop any day now!

4myloves
12-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Just noticed my ticker says the baby weighs "at least 6 pounds now." Well, she weighed 6 1/2 at my appointment two weeks ago, so I'll be she's closer to 7 or 7 1/2!!!!

coles
12-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Cheryl what is your official due date?

4myloves
12-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Janice--planned c-section is scheduled for December 29th. At my appointment on Friday, she weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz.

I don't know if I told y'all here, but we "changed" her name.......She's now Edie Sybil Brooks.

coles
12-14-2009, 04:09 PM
I like that name Cheryl. Wow you must be getting excited. That's only a couple of weeks away. I can't wait to see her.

4myloves
12-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks, Janice. It's amazed me how many people have actually "cringed" when I said we were thinking of naming her Edie. I guess it's not cute enough or modern enough. I don't know. That question ("what are you going to name her?") is right up there on my list of hated ones. The next hated one is, "So, now that you've got two are you going to quit?"

People are so insensitive--or I guess they just want to appear interested? I don't know. I just hate those questions because people never seem to be happy with the response, no matter what it is!!!!

gdeann
12-14-2009, 04:59 PM
I love the name Edie Cheryl! Steve has an aunt Edith who we call Edie. I prefer the older names compared to some of these funky modern ones I can't even pronounce! :-) I bet Jake is getting excited about mom's round tummy and soon to be here, little sister! Wishing you a blessed, slow paced Christmas and for little miss Edie not to get too excited about making her appearance!

Janice, are you staying on plan with all of the treats floating about? I have been sending willpower vibes your way! :-)

Nothing new here! I'm having some stomach, female issues but I think it can all be narrowed down to my age and hormones.

Deelite
12-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Popping in to say Hi I am back from Vegas and off for a swim. I love you all.

I was also checking in to see if there was a baby yet. Well now I now it will probably be on the 29th. I like the name.

Gayle sorry you have a pain in the butt. Is that Steve? ;)

Janice keep on watching what you eat. You are worth it.

4myloves
12-17-2009, 10:00 AM
I *finally* packed my bag for the hospital. I feel like I forgot something, though, so it'll probably get several more packings!

I hope all of you are doing well!

4myloves
12-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Starting a new thread for us!!!!!!

Let's POST!!!!!!!!!