Mini-Goals - Important goals for today

View Full Version : Important goals for today

ehabby
09-23-2009, 08:11 AM
I started back on my eating plan about a week ago and did really great until my cat Annie who I had for 13 years became really ill on Saturday. I have issues with depression and I admit I don't always handle stress real well. I stuck to my eating plan Saturday and Sunday fairly well however Monday evening didn't go well and yesterday I was home with her all day caring for her and ended up eating a lot of food to deal. She was euthanized last night and I ate even more after that. I did manage to work out yesterday for 32 minutes but I know it wasn't enough to compensate.

I always make excuses to go off my diet, especially when I experience something really hard.

I want to get back on track today. None of my clothes fit and I'm frustrated. So my mini-goals for today:

Stick to original eating plan and enter everything into my food log.
Do 40 minutes of cardio after work.
Do some 10-pound dumb bell exercises at work (I work from home so it's easy for me)

My reward for this will be an ipod shuffle, my old one broke and I'd like a new one so I can go hiking outside for exercise while the weather is nice.

I will keep you posted, thanks for your support.

RIP Annie Anastasia. 1996-2009.

boatingmommy
09-23-2009, 08:26 AM
So sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. Pets bring so much to our lives and fill a void that only they can in their unconditionally loving way. I had a very similar experience a couple years ago. It was devastating at the time. I hope you get to feeling better and good luck with getting back on plan.

shcirerf
09-23-2009, 09:02 AM
:hug:
Stick with your mini goals. You can do it. And it will make you feel better in the long run.

Lexxiss
09-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Hello ehabby:sunny:

I am sorry for your loss, and very much understand your pain. We had to euthanize my darling dog, Lexxiss, yesterday. She, too, was born in 1996.

I wasn't perfect OP yesterday, and the pain is certainly not going to be gone today. I am getting right back on track because I know that no amount of self abuse manifested in overeating will bring her back.

My plan for today; take my other dog for a walk, ride my bike to the pool (I haven't done that for 6 weeks caring for Lexi) and prepare healthy meals. Reading and posting here helps me, too.

Bless our pets; they love us so much. I am greatful today that my pooch doesn't have to suffer any more. She wasn't getting better.

Many warm thoughts directed your way!

AbbySinthe
09-23-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm so sorry about the loss of your cat. :( Your goals sound very reasonable and best of luck in sticking with your plan. Looking at your stats, I can see you've lost 135lbs! That's a major, major accomplishment. Please don't let such a small set back keep you from accomplishing your goals. :hug:

eta: Lexxiss, I'm so sorry about your loss, too. I have 2 dogs ages 3 & 1, and already can't imagine my life without them. :( My thoughts are with both of you..

FitGirlyGirl
09-23-2009, 11:19 AM
ehabby and Lexxiss, I am so sorry for your losses. One of my cats is 13 1/2 and I am very much dreading that day. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that you are able to continue working on your health, just take it one day at a time and remember that they would not want you to be unhappy and unhealthy is unhappy.
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hydra
09-23-2009, 12:13 PM
I am sorry for your loss. Sounds like you have some good goals in mind and I am sure you will be successful. Take gentle care of yourself.