Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #1  

Question Weight, Hormones and Break outs

I've always had near perfect skin up til about 4 years ago. I started to break out a lot around my chin area and jawline along with annoying hair that probably no one else can see but I can! When I went to the dr she said it was hormonal. She could prescribe me with a hormonal medication but because of some breast problems i have she advised against anything having to do with boosting estogen.

Ive been researching a lot over the past year because its becoming more and more irritating to me. They said that weight has a lot to do with hormonal changes too.

So I'm gathering that my weight is playing a big part in all my break outs and that excess hair on my chin.

My question is ... Ive been drinking LOTS of water and some milk.. thats it for liquids and eating lots and lots of fruits and veggies now... and Im breaking out even MORE the past week. Is my body trying to cleanse itself now or something since Im eating healthier foods???

Last edited by Smilette31; 09-22-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #2  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

I have the same problem. I never had acne in my life until last year (I'm 30) and it's only on my chin when I'm PMSing. They aren't normal pimples but deep painful ones that take weeks to heal. I hate it! I'm not sure what the cause is but I think it's hormone changes or maybe due to exercise. I'm trying to find a natural way to manage the PMS and see if the acne improves. I'm not sure if eating/living cleaner results in acne due to toxins leaving but it makes sense.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:56 AM   #3  

Yes mine are the same way. They aren't normal pimples. I can feel them coming in .. and its painful. Takes 2 weeks or so for me too, to get rid of them ... but by then I have another one or two or three lol.

If I figure anything out that helps, I'll let ya know. Please do the same!
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Oh wow. This is timely. I am breaking out, too. I've always had a very clear complexion but recently I have had a few breakouts and it's driving me insane!

I drink 71oz of water a day. I wonder if it's hormones for me, too....
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote