Metabolic Research Center - Calling all Floridians!!

View Full Version : Calling all Floridians!!

cmb9697
09-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Hey FL people! I just wanted to see who was from the Sunshine state...

I'm in Inverness, and go to the Beverly hills office (it's a satellite office out of Ocala only open on Thursdays). So... roll call! Where are you all from?:D

Karen1234
09-23-2009, 11:04 AM

I'm in Inverness, and go to the Beverly hills office (it's a satellite office out of Ocala only open on Thursdays). So... roll call! Where are you all from?:D

I'm actually from Daytona Bch/Port Orange area, grew up in Flagler County and have been living in Savannah, GA for 4 years now... miss FL and still consider myself a "Floridian" :0)

kimtpa
09-23-2009, 06:17 PM

I am in Tampa, I moved here 12 years ago from Massachusetts. I go to the New Tampa office which is a satellite office of Brandon. They too are only open on Thursdays.

Michelle86
09-23-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm originally from Hollywood, FL but hubby is in the marines so we are stationed in Parris Island, SC, but I still consider myself a Floridian..lol

shopgirl
09-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I am in Tampa, I moved here 12 years ago from Massachusetts. I go to the New Tampa office which is a satellite office of Brandon. They too are only open on Thursdays.

Just thought I'd say "hi"! I am a native Texan but lived in Massachusetts for 5 yrs. Moved back to TX 4 yrs ago but I loved my little town in Massachusetts (lived in Charlton....right next to Sturbridge) :)

Bath Sky
09-24-2009, 02:59 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am in Orange Park/Jacksonville area. I have really enjoyed reading these posts but have not felt I had alot to add due to being new to MRC and due to recent days eating off program.

Any advice you ladies can share about eating on program after a week or so of non program eating would be appreciated. I am struggling with not wanting the carbs again !

reuselady
09-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi Ladies,

I am in Orange Park/Jacksonville area. I have really enjoyed reading these posts but have not felt I had alot to add due to being new to MRC and due to recent days eating off program.

Any advice you ladies can share about eating on program after a week or so of non program eating would be appreciated. I am struggling with not wanting the carbs again !

That's what we are here for, Bath Sky! Each day is a new day - decide that today you will eat only On Program. By saying 'struggling with not wanting cabs again" are you meaning you are tired of salads? What specifically are you not wanting to eat and what are you eating instead? We are here because we all are struggling and we can help each other. I'm glad you're here too. jeanette

Bath Sky
09-24-2009, 06:29 PM
That's what we are here for, Bath Sky! Each day is a new day - decide that today you will eat only On Program. By saying 'struggling with not wanting cabs again" are you meaning you are tired of salads? What specifically are you not wanting to eat and what are you eating instead? We are here because we all are struggling and we can help each other. I'm glad you're here too. jeanette

Hi Ladies and thanks for the note,

I am very tired of salads, and low fat dressing and in general want to eat all my regular comfort foods, like chick fil a nuggets, potato chips, reeses candy bars....I could go on and on. I do not enjoy cooking and I am into fast meals, eating on plan takes alot more effort. I know that I would loose faster/more if I were eating on plan more often, but boy, I am finding I am such an emotional eater.

kimtpa
09-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Just thought I'd say "hi"! I am a native Texan but lived in Massachusetts for 5 yrs. Moved back to TX 4 yrs ago but I loved my little town in Massachusetts (lived in Charlton....right next to Sturbridge) :)

I was born and raised in MA in a little town called Southboro (1/2 way between Boston and Worcester on Rt. 9) Blink and you miss us....

cmb9697
09-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Hey Bath Sky! I'm in OP this weekend, in the reserves so I'm hanging out at the Navy Base...

kccross
09-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi I live in Palm Coast, born and raised in Daytona Beach!

shopgirl
09-27-2009, 01:46 PM
I was born and raised in MA in a little town called Southboro (1/2 way between Boston and Worcester on Rt. 9) Blink and you miss us....

I worked in Southborough as a temp when I was initially looking for work! LOL! I totally know where that is. When I found a nursing job, I worked for Fallon Clinic in Worcester (which is everywhere around the Worcester area and surrounding towns). Southboro has grown quite a bit in the last few years. Too funny!

kimtpa
09-27-2009, 05:42 PM
I worked in Southborough as a temp when I was initially looking for work! LOL! I totally know where that is. When I found a nursing job, I worked for Fallon Clinic in Worcester (which is everywhere around the Worcester area and surrounding towns). Southboro has grown quite a bit in the last few years. Too funny!

OMG I usually have to tell people that it the next town over from Framingham heading west on Rt 9. I use to use the Volvo dealership that was on the corner of Rt. 9 and Oak Hill Rd. as the marker to know yes, your there. My folks are still there, they live on Rt. 85 (aka Marlboro Rd) just north of St. Mark's Private School.

To torture them back in April I sent my daughter (she is 23 and had just graduated FSU in Dec.) for 2 weeks to help my mom out. She had her knee replaced for the 2nd time and my dad is trying to run a business and she needed help. It was kind of funny listening to them complain about one another... but everyone survived.

They have been bugging me ( and my older brother in NC) to come home for a visit, but when I go home it either hotter than **** or there a snow storm. I am thinking about making in trip in October sometime just for a weekend. Love my folks just can't stand the rest of the family so it will be unannounced. It's better that way.:D

taytay
10-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Jacksonville here!

Karen1234
10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi I live in Palm Coast, born and raised in Daytona Beach!

Hey Kccross,
I was born in Daytona Beach, moved to Flagler County when I was 8, went to Bunnell Elementary school, Belle Terre (Buddy Taylor) Middle school and graduated from Flagler Palm Coast HS. Got Married and moved back to DB when I was 18, then Port Orange 1 year later. Lived there for 11 years before I moved to Savannah, GA 4 yrs ago for school. It's a small world!

cmb9697
10-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Karen, my stepson just graduated from FPCHS! Definetly a small world!

kccross
10-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Hey Kccross,
I was born in Daytona Beach, moved to Flagler County when I was 8, went to Bunnell Elementary school, Belle Terre (Buddy Taylor) Middle school and graduated from Flagler Palm Coast HS. Got Married and moved back to DB when I was 18, then Port Orange 1 year later. Lived there for 11 years before I moved to Savannah, GA 4 yrs ago for school. It's a small world!

It sure is! Now there are more schools since you were here. Rymfire, Bunnell, Old Kings, Belle Terre, Buddy Taylor, Wadsworth, Indian Trails, FPC and Matanzas Woods High!

The new high school is gorgeous! All brick. They extended Matanzas Woods Pkwy to Old Kings and the school is out there. (Where all that burnt in the fires of '97).

Traffic is a NIGHTMARE here now with all these people!! But I do love it up here. Still has a small town feel, but alot has gone up. Loads of shopping and dining and business'. We even have a Super Target now and getting a HUGE movie plex and Sams Club!

kaylasmommy
10-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Hi ladies! I'm in Gainesville, but am a UCF student. I love MRC even though some of the Ladies who worked there when I joined are gone :(

Karen1234
10-07-2009, 09:43 AM
It sure is! Now there are more schools since you were here. Rymfire, Bunnell, Old Kings, Belle Terre, Buddy Taylor, Wadsworth, Indian Trails, FPC and Matanzas Woods High!

The new high school is gorgeous! All brick. They extended Matanzas Woods Pkwy to Old Kings and the school is out there. (Where all that burnt in the fires of '97).

Traffic is a NIGHTMARE here now with all these people!! But I do love it up here. Still has a small town feel, but alot has gone up. Loads of shopping and dining and business'. We even have a Super Target now and getting a HUGE movie plex and Sams Club!

Wow, I had no idea there were so many schools now. My parents, Sister and brother-in-law still live in Flagler Cnty rural area. We were in town a few mo. ago and I was really impressed by the huge shopping complex with Target etc... We rarely drive through Palm Coast though. The little town has certainly grown!

GatorMom1
10-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I was born and raised in New York City and went to college in Indiana where I met my sweetie. We soon moved south. I am presently in Jacksonville finishing up a contract and will be moving back down to Punta Gorda where my home is. I love living on the gulf!!!
I am at 27 days today with MRC and have lost 12.3 Lbs. Yippee!!! On day 20 they measured me and I had already lost 16 inches - all in the right places.
When I move back there are no MRC's for over 50 miles and the center I have been going to says they can do everything by mail. I am so happy.

:carrot: :carrot:

One carrot for every 5lbs lost

jlm125
10-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Flagler!