South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 301/284/220

Height: 5'5"

Default alternative for cool whip?

Anyone have any ideas for an alternative to using SF or LF cool whip with a desert?

I am going to be making a SB pie for my bday desert. I will be having family and friends over, and to them pie is not pie with out it. I hate cool whip......and want to avoid if possible.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Lite Dream Whip that u make urself from the box on the baking aisle.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Remember the restrictions on this stuff from the South Beach Lists, OK? Better check the ingredients for HFCS and cornstarch. I haven't got time to Google them right now.

Maybe you could use LF ricotta thinned with a bit of skim milk? Or Laughing Cow with SF syrup?
Old 09-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

What kind of pie are you making? Since you hate it, leave it out for others to add to their dessert and leave it off yours. Even the Free and Lite versions have corn syrup and bad fats.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #5  

I agree.Maybe frozen yogurt if it is a fruit pie??
Old 09-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Depending on the pie, how about LF sour cream or make one of the ice cream recipes in the forum? Another option, which I really prefer, is Greek yogurt (or make your own by draining regular plain yogurt with a coffee filter and sieve overnight) with some vanilla extract and Splenda (or vanilla SF syrup, or vanilla-flavored liquid stevia). It's creamy and delicious.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 301/284/220

Height: 5'5"

Default Thank you all!

For your responses. Not sure which one I am trying yet.

I am making several desserts over the next few weeks. There is a pumpkin ricotta bake I am going to try out on friends and family so I can have my pie on Turkey Day. But I want to see if it is as good as it sounds 1st.

I am going to make an Apple Crisp recipe I found using the Splenda Brown Sugar. That is for Dad, who is diabetic, but not on South Beach. Not sure if I am going to eat that one. I just want to try to show him that he does not need Cool Whip....there are better things he can put on top.

Then for my bday I am making a Key Lime Cheescake thingie I found on this site. I won't need the whipped topping. So may just pull an "ooooppppsss" forgot it.
Closed Thread