Support Groups - Calling all Stay At Home People

View Full Version : Calling all Stay At Home People

Ryanne
09-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Male, Female, Work At Home, Stay At Home Parents, Anyone Who Stays At Home...
I thought we could start a support thread for us Stay At Homers!
I know that a lot of people think Stay At Homers have it easy, however, I worked out side the home for a very very long time, and Home isn't easier. I think sometimes that I am more busy now, than ever...lol...partly because there is no time clock to start your day or end your day. It's just "Always on Duty". LOL
Anyway, I thought that we could start a little support group that deals with staying at home and kids, dogs, doorbell, phone... etc... sometimes getting in the way of our "plans". How we deal with it to go with the flow and learn that is just life and how we exercise or stay on the plan of our choice in the midst of it.
For exercise, I love to walk. Sometimes I go solo, and sometimes I take the family or one or both the kids with me. I count housecleaning as additional exercise.
To save money and get a little additional exercise, I wash the dishes by hand.
It would be nice to meet some other Stay at Homers :doh:! JK...lol.
To start, my name is Ryanne and I stay at home with my children, one is 16 and the other is 4. I homeschool the 16 year old and she also has a job babysitting for my granddaughter (her brother's 1 yr. old). I won't be homeschooling the 4 year old. I did homeschool my older two children as well, but the youngest, I am not tackling homeschool again. I did it for sooo many years, and just don't feel up to it again. It's more work than one would expect. I don't like the idea of public school, but we have moved to a better district so next year he'll be starting kindergarten in a smaller town.
I may go back to work then, but in the meantime, I am home and I really do love it. It's a blessing to be able to spend this much time with my children. Anyways, feel free to post and lets see how we can encourage each other. :comp:

Thighs Be Gone
09-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Can I be your first member? LOL, I guess you can be pres. and I will be vice-pres. LOL!

Also a stay-at-homer here. My name is Mary. We were married ten years before having our first child. They are now 5 & 7 and we are tremendously blessed to have them. Yes--it was a big change going from the workplace to full-time stay-at-homer. Hubby works tremendous hours so I am doing the single mom thing many times.

I agree with you about never being "off the clock." I will check in later. Right now I am headed to school to volunteer a while.

Butterfly50
09-22-2009, 11:02 AM
I am a stay at home mom too. I have been married for 23 years I have a son 20 and two daughters 14 and 11. I used to work too but we dont live in such a great neighbor hood where I would feel safe leaving my DD home alone. Planning on moving when school gets out in June to a much better town so hopefully I can get back out their. So right now things are pretty tight.

Been working on this Better way of life eating for going on 4 weeks. Doing good. Kest fihgting to keep the demonds ( Junk food) away .

bargoo
09-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Congratulations to you stay at home moms. I always think that if you are leaving your children with a babysitter they are being raised by the sitters values and not yours. I am in no way critisizing working moms I was one, myself. I stay at home, now because I am retired and like someone has already said, I wonder how I found time to work 40 hours a week . I just seem to be plenty busy all the time.

luvmy3
09-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Hello! I don't know if you would consider me a stay at home mom,but I do.I work 4-8 hours a week after my husband gets home.I have a 15 year old daughter,an 11 year old daughter and a 22 month old son.Since he will be my last child I decided to stay home as much as possible with him.The hours that I do work give me a few extra dollars and my husband some alone time with the kids.This is all still new to me so trying to not get lazy which I have been.I need to get up and get moving so with the nice weather I have decided to start taking a small walk with my son.Any suggestions you guys may have to get me motivated to not just sit here all day.

Ryanne
09-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Wow, we have quite a few stay at home people! Good to have all of you here!
Thighs: You can be president if you would like, lol... I remember volunteering at school when my older children were younger, I suppose I may be doing that again with little one, maybe not, sigh...LOL. I want to be involved, but not "too involved" and seems once you volunteer for stuff, it can sure add up fast, to the point you say, "they should be paying me for this!"...LOL
Butterfly, Butterfly, Butterfly!: What can I say to you? I am so happy you are here and your posts are such an encouragement to me. You are one of the strongest people I know, when the fight comes, you fight back! I'm so proud of you!
Bargoo, I have done a lot of staying at home and a lot of working, I know that some people don't have a choice, but I can see the peace my children have when I am here with them. I have "had" to work, while I was separated and going through a divorce, and my children missed me terribly, and I missed them, too, and it was a constant struggle "do I work the overtime and put food on the table and clothes on their back and pay bills, or spend more time with them and skimp on some of the necessities. It was difficult, but now I have a man who appreciates me wanting to stay home again, it was hard at first, but even though we have to tighten the belt, so to speak, it is worth it.
I am glad to have you here.
Luvmy3, of course you are welcome here! We are more than glad to have you. I know about the get up and get moving thing, believe me! Sometimes I just wanna sit and watch some tv with my son...and keep thinking I should be moving more. LOL. We all do that, I think. My son enjoys going for walks with me.
If you have a park close, sometimes it's fun to walk to the park, let them play a little, and then walk home. Take a snack or two and just spend some time. The fresh air and play will usually wear them out and they will take a long nap for you...then you can nap or catch up on chores or take a breather. We all need those!
I am so glad to have company here! Basically, it seems that when I stopped working, I am having to make friends all over again. It is nice to have you all to encourage and help in this journey we call weight loss. Feel free to come and post anything at any time. I look forward to getting to know all of you and any others that might show up. :grouphug:

icmethinner
09-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi - I am at home working every day....sitting at the computer and I have two children and am a single mom. I feel on duty 24/7 for sure, and I have let my body go. Right now I am trying to remind myself how much more energy I had when I was healthier....gotta get back to that!

Thighs Be Gone
09-22-2009, 02:58 PM
icme, you can do it....we all know the struggle well! we are all here to support your efforts....3FC is all you need IMO! I have gotten a total wealth of information right here!

mum2girlz
09-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Hi everyone!
I too am a SAHM. My children are 16, 3, 2, and 3 weeks.
I used to work full time as a family nurse practitioner but returned to work when my 3 year old was 6 months old. I worked just a few hours a week and then quit completely when I was pregnant with my 2 year old. I now have 3 girls 3 and under with our latest addition 3 weeks ago so working outside the home is no longer an option.

I love being a SAHM but there are days that I truly miss the intellectual stimulation of work and the contact with my peers. I am considering home schooling but we will see what happens when the time comes! I have to admit it will be nice to have the oldest at school during the day, I already have dreams of what I can do with all my free time. LOL, I know....the work never ends if they are at school or at home. It is nice to dream though :)

Debi

Thighs Be Gone
09-22-2009, 03:12 PM
My 2nd went to school this year. It's amazing how the day flies by. Before you know it, it's 3:00!

Speaking of which, I gotta go ladies. We have a playdate coming afterschool (mom in tow) and I gotta clean up at least a little before I do school pick-up. Hehehe. I did turn on all the lights and open the blinds. For some reason the house looks cleaner that way. Now, I am gonna sweep the floors and spray some Febreeze. I will be good to go. LOL

Tonight is spaghetti for supper which suits the heck outta me. My kids and hubby love it and it's easy. I just ate a gigantic spinach salad with blackberries and strawberries. I also made myself a frappacino out of the leftover coffee from the morning. Those here that know me know I waste nothing. LOL....gotta have shoppin' $$$$$! LOL :)

MotoXMama
09-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Hi everyone! I am also a SAHM! I am 35, happily married, and raising my 6yo ds, and 4yo b/g twins! I am pretty busy, but a typical SAHM... I LOVE staying home to raise my kids and take care of my house and my husband! But I too have "let myself go". Completely. I am at a place in my life now, where I don't truly even remember what it was like to have energy, and to feel healthy. I hope and pray to return to that.
I have been thrilled to find this site, and even more so to find this thread for stay-at-homers! :)

bargoo
09-22-2009, 05:20 PM
A former coworker of mine loved her job but also wanted to stay home with her kids. She solved that by getting a license for childcare. She likes it but says every once in awhile she'd like to talk to an adult.

Ryanne
09-22-2009, 05:33 PM
...and all the chores are done, except cooking supper later, so I thought I'd pop in. Glad to see more people here. That's really cool! :D
This morning it was rainy and cold so I didn't get my walk in yet, today, but it is clearing up nicely for an evening walk, may need jeans and a jacket, but it is better than being "toooooo hot"!
Husband is working overtime tonight for an hour...so we'll delay supper until around 8 pm.
Just want to hold off eating anything til then.
Well, all, I guess I will get off this thing for now, will be time to wake up little one in a bit so he will sleep tonight. I may pop in later on tonight.
Have a good day, and nice "meeting" you all. ;)

luvmy3
09-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm so glad that you started this thread.Reading all that you guys do during the day has motivated me.I went to lunch with my sister and walked there and had a salad.Then we took my son to the park and walked home.Not a long walk but enough to get me moving.I had energy after the walk and feel so much better than I normally do.I guess I just need to take it one day at a time and get out and moving.

GradPhase
09-22-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm a stay-at-homer right now. I'm in school full time, but this semester I lucked out with all online classes, sans a few workshops on campus. I'm hoping to get a full time job, but I'm still learning how to drive and my live-in boyfriend is working and in school full time so we have a lot of schedules to work around and figuring out transportation will be a lot easier once I can take the car if need be.

But in the mean time, I'm at home cooking, and cleaning, and studying, and 3FCing to keep my brain stimulated :)

kaplods
09-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I sometimes feel like a "stuck-at-homer," hubby and I are on disability for pain and mobility issues. We don't have kids, just a really crabby, demanding fat, old cat. My husband and I both have good days and bad days because of our health problems (his issues worse and are more consistent while my issues tend to fluctuate more. My really bad days are worse than his, but I have more good days) - and it does seem that our best days rarely coincide. So on a day I feel up to and interested in going out and doing something active - hubby isn't and vice versa. When we do have a day that both of us are feeling good - sometimes we overdo the activity or end up doing something celebratory (and not necessarily diet-friendly).

Without the demands of taking care of children, you'd think weight loss really would be easier, and in some ways it is. It just takes a lot more planning, and a lot more diligence against boredome eating, because the food is always so close.

Butterfly50
09-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Butterfly, Butterfly, Butterfly!: What can I say to you? I am so happy you are here and your posts are such an encouragement to me. You are one of the strongest people I know, when the fight comes, you fight back! I'm so proud of you!

Ryanne I am so touched. Thank You. This is the only place I can come to that understands what Its like to Gain and then loose and Keep going back and forth. I am not one of my sisters who is a Skinny Minnie and none of them understand what I am going threw. So it is nice that I can come here and not get looked at like Iam crazy or From Outer Space. Like I get from Some of my family. You are Sweet.

emilydreaming
09-22-2009, 11:06 PM
I stay at home about 80% of the time - do I still count?

When my husband and I moved from Arizona back to Georgia, I ended up staying at home. I wasn't able to find a full time job, but picked up some freelance writing and online esol tutoring that I do from home, as well as a babysitting gig that keeps me out of the house that 20% of the time.

I definitely think staying home has it's own sets of challenges. Even with more time technically than while I worked full time, I feel constantly busy. I think it's the variety of different things that are juggled at once, versus having one main task.

Ryanne
09-22-2009, 11:22 PM
I stay at home about 80% of the time - do I still count?

When my husband and I moved from Arizona back to Georgia, I ended up staying at home. I wasn't able to find a full time job, but picked up some freelance writing and online esol tutoring that I do from home, as well as a babysitting gig that keeps me out of the house that 20% of the time.

I definitely think staying home has it's own sets of challenges. Even with more time technically than while I worked full time, I feel constantly busy. I think it's the variety of different things that are juggled at once, versus having one main task.

And welcome! Nice to have so many people for this support group. Staying at home definitely has it's own set of challenges, you are absolutely right.
As for the constantly busy, I think that seems to be the feeling that we all have. ;)

And for all the rest of you, welcome! So glad to have you all here!

Thighs Be Gone
09-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Good Morning Ladies.

Things here are finally quiet after getting the troops out the door with jackets and snacks and lunches and oh yeah, it's blue and orange day at school today--so dressed in the right colors.

I made buckwheat waffles for breakfast. There was enough batter to make myself 1/2 of one so I just finished. Now having coffee. I am also cooking Chicken Vindaloo in the crockpot today. It's an indian recipe. I am looking forward to the smells!

Hope everything is a-okay today and come back to check in. The thread has such great potential!

Thighs Be Gone
09-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone! I am also a SAHM! I am 35, happily married, and raising my 6yo ds, and 4yo b/g twins! I am pretty busy, but a typical SAHM... I LOVE staying home to raise my kids and take care of my house and my husband! But I too have "let myself go". Completely. I am at a place in my life now, where I don't truly even remember what it was like to have energy, and to feel healthy. I hope and pray to return to that.
I have been thrilled to find this site, and even more so to find this thread for stay-at-homers! :)

I was so there too. I had COMPLETELY let myself go in many respects. I have vastly reclaimed my identity the last few months though. As far as feeling healthy--I had forgotten how it felt to get things done and still have energy enough for kids and hubby. I am glad you have found us. We can identify with your feelings and know the path well. Find what works for you--physically and mentally and GO WITH IT! You can do this. We are here to help. (Sounds trite but I don't mean it to be!!!)

Ryanne
09-23-2009, 09:59 AM
And what a gorgeous morning for a walk!!! I went while husband was showering to get ready for work and little one was still sleeping. Gosh it was soooo cool out and beautiful!
Husband is off to work and he already fed little one this morning, so little one is laying down with a pillow and blanket watching Diego.
Today is going to be a little different, as husband took off an afternoon sick the other day, and has to work a couple hours here and there today. Work a little, home a little, he has an appt. this afternoon, then home, then back to work, then home, then we have Church tonight and grocery shopping after...then we are home and he actually gets to be home tomorrow! If it is this nice, I hope to get to the zoo.
Anyway, I will be here today so will check in from time to time. I am hoping that we all can stick to our eating and exercise plans today, whatever they may be.
Have a good day, all!:)

Ryanne
09-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Today life really crept in to change "MY" plans, that is definitely for sure.
I still got out walking first thing this morning, but definitely want to get a walk again tonight, just to destress a little.
I didn't over eat or anything, but have been relying on God. The reasons for me wanting to lose weight are: Health, I want to take care of God's Temple, and I want to be around for my kids and grandkids.
I want a long, healthy and satisfying life.
The 25th of this month, I will be four months into this journey. It seems fast and slow all at the same time. I now know that four months doesn't seem so long when you take it one day at a time, step by step, but it sure can seem long while you are taking the steps. Looking forward looks like a long journey, looking back, not so much. LOL... Just like life, when I was a kid, I thought forty was "OLD"... Now that I am in my forties, Not so much...I don't want to "feel" old, either.
Well, enough rambling about me, just wanted to say that this has definitely been a "different" kind of a day, and I am making it through just fine...thanks to God! Whew. :wave:

luvmy3
09-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Well today was a challenge day for me.My husband stayed home so we could go for lunch.Yesterday was our 20th Anniversary and with 3 kids getting anytime alone is impossible.So while the 2 older kids were in school my sister took the youngest and we went to lunch.I ordered a salad but I also ordered a huge drink.I never drink so this was a treat.We then came home and treated ourselves to a kid free nap.So no exercise today.

I'm trying to get back on track after a Summer of food and fun.I had lost 17 pounds before then but gained almost all of it back.Now that I am almost 40 it is so hard to take it off.So much slower to than when I was 20 or 30.But this is not about doing it fast.I want to do it the right way and do it for my health.I have high blood pressure and asthma.My family has had very bad luck with their health in the past,Mom died at 57,Dad at 41,Grandmother 49,Cousin 35,Uncle 32,Uncle 50,Uncle 58.So I would like to change that for myself.I don't want to die before it's really my time.I know I am the only one who can change that and I plan on doing it.I just need to find what works and stick with it.Sorry to be rambling on.And thank you guys for being there to help me along my journey.

Ryanne
09-24-2009, 10:23 PM
I have been so extremely busy alllllll day! I did good with eating today and got in a couple of walks, so I'm happy about that. I hope you all are doing well. LuvMy3, I also have similar things in my family and I deal with hypothyroidism, high blood pressure and high triglycerides, and am on medication for anxiety disorder.
I completely understand about wanting to be healthy. I wish you the best. Well, all, I just wanted to pop in and say I didn't forget about you all, I have just had a hectic day.
Take care. I hope to be on tomorrow. ;)

Lexxiss
09-24-2009, 10:42 PM
So on a day I feel up to and interested in going out and doing something active - hubby isn't and vice versa.

Hi Everyone:sunny:
My DH and I are "stay at home people". We moved from Alaska in 2005 to be closer to my Mom who just turned 88. DH has a TBI(Traumatic Brain Injury). In Alaska he had his own business (because I was always nearby), but isn't able to have the same opportunity down here.

I do alot of volunteer work, and am on call at all times with my Mom. I'd go out more, but DH isn't so social, so I end up being at home lots. I don't have kids, but keep track of everything with his. I do all the shopping,cooking, bills, taxes, etc. There are lots of things in my life that I have done on my own for years that other couples would "share" responsibility for.

Our leaving our home of 30 years and starting over has been a real challenge and I definitely took it out on myself.
I really enjoy the friendships here. It's made it much easier to stay on track.

Thanks for starting this thread. What is really great is I'm learning more about all of you.

Ryanne
09-25-2009, 11:00 AM
A big warm hello to all the new people.
This morning I got up before the sun did and just couldn't get back to sleep so I went for my walk. It was really chilly, and I was able to watch the day start. What a beautiful experience.
I came home and ate breakfast and I eventually laid back down. My husband is doing errands and even told me "HE" is doing the laundry for me today!!! What a blessing that is!
I am planning to straighten up the house and when he gets home, maybe we can go out and do something, just the two of us. He has to work tonight, and I promised my daughter a mom and daughter evening then I will take her to her dad's and then pick up my husband from work.
Seems like today will be a nice relaxing day, I hope, and I hope all of you do well with your plans, whatever they may be.
I will check in from time to time today, as am planning to have a day of rest today.
Take care all.
:)

luvmy3
09-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Hello all.Yesterday was pretty good for me.I walked my daughter to cheerleading and then walked home.I figured I can try to walk where I need to go to get moving in some way.Since I'm just embarking on this journey I'm not too sure of which way to go with this.I thought maybe WW since I will have to get weighed in regardless of what the scale says.

Lexxiss welcome to you.Having your mom of 88 still with you is a blessing.I'm sure your husband understands your need to be closer to her.

Today I'm feeling a cold coming on so I'm a little run down.Have to put my 5 hours of work in tonight but getting out might be good.Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Ryanne
09-25-2009, 06:57 PM
LuvMy3, you are doing well, ya, if it's not too hot I try to walk. If it's less than a mile and I can carry whatever, then I walk. We have a Walmart Super Center close and it is a convenient walk.
I love to walk. It just feels so good.
Well, I am going out to dinner with daughter and then will take her to her dad's for the weekend. So, I may be on later, I don't know. But if not, have a good night all.
OH, btw....I have eaten within my plan again today. :D

bargoo
09-25-2009, 07:12 PM
I am going to a memorial Service. I am taking cookies, I baked 3 batches of cookies, today.I only ate two, i had to check and see if they were any good.

Ryanne
09-26-2009, 12:43 AM
I am going to a memorial Service. I am taking cookies, I baked 3 batches of cookies, today.I only ate two, i had to check and see if they were any good.

It was nice of you to make cookies to bring. Good job on eating only what satisfied you. I am proud of you. I'm sorry it's a sad situation, though. :hug:

mommy2bandc
09-26-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm a WAHM of a 3-year-old boy and a 3-month-old girl. My weight has crept on since my 2 pregnancies and I'm sick of being a plus sized woman. I'm ready for change, a life change, but slow and steady change.

luvmy3
09-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Welcome mommy2bandc.I'm sure you'll find alot of great ideas here.I'm starting yet once again but this website has given me the motivation to get back on track.

Ryanne
09-27-2009, 04:24 PM
I had a lot to do. Anyway, so far so good of staying on plan. I have gained three lbs. in three days. I don't feel like I have eaten more, but I have added some walking so muscle weight may be to blame and I'll take it!
Sometimes I get a little sad when I see the scale move up, and think "I'm not gonna weigh myself for a month"...but if I weigh every day, if I see an upward trend like I am now, then I can examine what is going on, rather than letting it go on too long.
So, I guess I will continue to weigh each day and just log it. Not worry too much. I have a pair of pants that I bought in May. They were really tight on me and would roll down in the waist every time I sat down. Well, every month on the 25th, (since I started this journey on May 25) I put the pants on and evaluate. So the pockets have been sticking out when I have tried them on each month. A few weeks ago, the pockets still stuck out, but I had a long shirt to wear over them so nobody could see...and I wore them out on a date with my husband. So on the 25th of this month, I was NOT going to try them on, because I already KNEW they were still too tight. Well, on the 25th, late that night, I decided to try them on....and guess what, they fit like they were tailored for me! No pockets sticking out! I haven't even lost that much weight this month since it keeps fluctuating...but I must have lost inches...that is too cool! YEAH! Anyway, I want to go get a few things done. Just wanted to check in and say "HEY"! Have a good Sunday! :grouphug:

dgramie
09-28-2009, 07:26 AM
HI...just found this thread.I am a stay at home mom...but the thing is my kids are now grown but I run an inhome day care. I keep 3 kids age 3. I also have the pleasure of getting to keep my 11month old granddaughter 2 days a week. My husband has health issues so I need to be here for him also. I truly enjoy being home.I do know that is part of my weight issue though.
I had lost 96lbs and now am back to 87lbs. I really slacked off this summer and gained some back.

Ryanne
09-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Seems strange that October is almost here! I love fall...it's so nice and cool outside!
Today I have a big day ahead of me, lots of appointments. I just wanted to come in and welcome all the new people, say "hi" to everyone and have a good day, all.
I hope to stay on my plan today, as well I hope you all stay on yours, whatever it may be.
I'll be on tonight if I get a chance.

Ryanne
09-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Cravings and cravings and cravings, but thank God, I made it through without caving! WHEW! Was difficult there for a bit, though. I got out for a couple of walks today, so am pleased with that. Tomorrow, we are supposed to take a trip to go see MIL and her father. We will do lunch and go shopping. That will be a nice outing for us.
Well, have a good night all. ;)

luvmy3
09-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Well I have stayed on track for the last 2 days.I'm just taking it day by day.Everyone in the house is under the weather so getting out has been hard.Tomorrow I may just try a exercise tape to get some sort of movement.I'm pretty lazy since being home.Just need some motivation to get going.

Ryanne
09-30-2009, 07:39 AM
I wanted to stop in before I go for my morning walk. LuvMy3...I completely understand. There are not too many exercises I really enjoy. Walking is my favorite. I just love it. I have some exercise videos and I have the "My Fitness Coach" for the Wii, but I just don't like them. I can understand about the "motivated". I look forward to my walks, the weather is cooler now, and I love to get out of the house and walk. I think the key is to find something you like and do that. When it is rainy or whatever, I might find a housecleaning project or something to keep me busy for an hour or two.
Just taking the kids outside and playing with them may be an idea. Idk.
Anyway, I'm off for a walk, got up early this morning because we are planning to be on the road by 9 am to go see MIL.
Have a good day all. I will try to stop in tonight. :)

crzymom6
09-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Can I join? I am a fellow stay at home mother. I have to say that the computer is my biggest enemy. I have been imposing limits and computer time like I was a child, and it's helping.

I understand the monotony of the day, the on call 100% of the time, no sick time off feeling.

Crazy as it is though, I would not change it for the world.

Ryanne
10-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Glad to meet you mom6! Ya, I hear you about computer time. My husband and daughter spend way too much time and I don't really set limits for husband, but I do need to reign in daughter on a daily basis. LOL.
Well, the visit with MIL turned out a little different, instead of meeting half way like usual, she wasn't feeling well enough to drive, so we drove all the way up. It was 4 hrs. up and 4 hrs. back. We had an amazing visit! It was nice because I got to see my FIL, too. All the nieces and nephews were there to play with our little one. Oh it was fun.
We went out to eat and did a little shopping for our little guy, and then we went back to their place, and once everyone got there from work and school, we had so much fun. We played basketball, the kids were throwing balls off the roof, FIL got out the Harley and gave everyone rides, we ate again, and then headed home for the long drive.
We didn't get home until late last night. What a fun day! I love my MIL and FIL. They are the kind of people that make you feel so welcome and comfortable. They are down to earth. It's so cute that their grandkids spend every day after school with them, and they are so comfortable they will grab their homework or coloring book and crayons and just hop up on their grandpa's lap and just know they are loved.
What a nice family. I am so blessed by my husband, and I am glad that he was raised like that. I know that our home will always be happy and blessed!
:val1:

Ryanne
10-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Since My husband is off work in the middle of the week, today is our "Sunday" to sort of speak. I did get out for my walk this morning and eating and drinking was good all day. I am doing Kelli's Bible Study that is posted in the Christian part of this forum. I like the Bible Study...it is well done.
Anyway, I have been a little down all day, for some reason, and I don't know exactly why, but I have still gotten through the day.

Anyway, You all have a good night and I will try to get on here sometime tomorrow. I appreciate all of you and your support. :grouphug:

Ryanne
10-03-2009, 10:42 AM
I got up early this morning and took husband to work. I took clothes up to the laundry mat and I took my morning walk while the clothes were in the washers. I am waiting for them to dry now.
I hope to get the house all cleaned up today, that will be some nice productive activity.
I hope everyone is doing good and have a good Saturday, all!

Lexxiss
10-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Glad to hear you're feeling better, Ryanne.

luvmy3
10-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Well worked my 2 days at work on Thursday and Friday nights.Was actually great to get out a little.Everyone has been sick so we have not gotten out much.My husband took off yesterday so we could spend the day together but wound up not feeling well,so we just stayed in and he rested a bit.Busy weekend with kids activities but hoping to fit some me time in.I want to try to get to the park tomorrow.I love going there with my family on a nice Fall day.The trees are always so beautiful.We normally do ice cream after so I'll have to keep myself in check or save some calories for maybe a fat free frozen yogurt.Well hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

bargoo
10-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I am making cookies, I take cookies to church every Sunday. I am making M & M's right now, that won't be enough so will have to make another batch, haven't decided what kind, maybe Oatmeal Raisin.

Ryanne
10-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Lexxiss, thank you sooo much!

LuvMy3, yes, sometimes there is nothing like getting out for a bit. I am considering taking a part time job just on the weekend, maybe after winter.

Bargoo, I think it's great that you take cookies for your Church. I also enjoy baking.

Well, all, I am getting off this computer for the night. Have a wonderful evening!

Ryanne
10-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Have a good day! :D

Ryanne
10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I already have "most" of the chores done, so I am spending the morning just chilling. I went for a walk this morning, boy was it cold! I just LOVE fall! :D

luvmy3
10-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Hello all! Hope your weekend went well.As for mine I stayed on track but had a hard time counting calories.Weekends are so busy I find it hard to keep track but I tried to in my head.I don't think I did too bad.We went walking in the park yesterday.It was such a nice day.Maybe even a little too warm.I like it a little cooler.But it was just nice being with my family.The kids played a little football and soccer.I tried to do as much as I could with them.It felt good to move a little.Today I'm hoping to get some exercise in.I think I'll try something from On Demand.Well hope you all enjoy your day.

Ryanne
10-06-2009, 10:02 AM
...that it is much different to stay doing those things you are in a routine of doing. It sounds wonderful that you spent time with your family at the park. I love building memories like that with my kids. I always loved it when my dad played with us, it wasn't very often, but when he did it was soooo special. I remember feeling so special that he wanted to spend time with us. I want that for my kids, but I don't want them wishing I had taken more time with them. I want them to know I wanted to be there regularly.
Have a wonderful day. It's raining here again. We have had so many rainy days...I don't pray for it to stop, though, in case some farmer has been praying for rain.
It has just been light steady rain on and off for days and weeks and well...like I said, someone must need it.
LOL... Have a good day all. :D

aliciabadeusz
11-25-2009, 02:46 PM
I just joined 3FC yesterday and happened upon this thread (group) not sure if it's still active? But it seems like a good fit for me at the moment.

I have had a bit of an identity crisis this year:

Got married in March :hug:
Lost job in March :mad:
Found out I was pregnant and had first baby in October :dizzy:

Trying to navigate all of this and learning to be a stay at home in the process. I think I will be out of the job market for another year or two especially if we try to have another baby next year. It's so much harder and isolating than what I expected. I feel like I am not the old person I used to be at all.

Couple that with trying to stay on track with eating right, exercising, loosing the baby weight, and not loosing your sanity in the process is tough work some days.

I hope to meet some new friends that are in the same place as me at the moment. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!