Old 09-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #1  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Cool Red Team - Week 2 Chat

Here is a fresh clean thread for week two. I'm going to try to get the results of week one done by tomorrow night since I work all day.

Have a good Tuesday!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:06 AM   #2  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! I'm still buried under boxes over here and recovering but I had a doctor's appointment today and I am healing well. I have started to tolerate some solid foods although my stomach seems to revolt a few times a day still, but I am getting by. I didn't get to a scale so I just used my weight from a few days ago for this week. I am sure I lost more then gained it back since I am eating again.

Good news is I was able to take a 2.5 mile walk today. So although I can't run yet I am ok to walk so that is something. I plan on doing this every day until I can run. Now I just have to transition to solid foods that are healthy choices. I was willing to eat whatever I could the last 2-3 days and it wasn't all good choices but hey I was starving and some foods were soft enough to handle (like mashed potatoes, mac n cheese and a cheeseburger). So now I need to find softer foods that are healthy. I made a healthy dinner tonight but I wasn't able to eat it all since it wasn't the softest meal and I ended up starving at 8pm. Bad! So I am going to be working on smaller soft meals that are better for me for the rest of the week.

I am not caught up on the week #1 thread so you'll have to forgive me. I hope everyone is doing well and kicking butt!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:27 AM   #3  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerChic View Post
Here is a fresh clean thread for week two. I'm going to try to get the results of week one done by tomorrow night since I work all day.

Have a good Tuesday!
Hi Shannon,

Can you also post the names of the Red Team?

Thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 03:50 AM   #4  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. It's Tuesday evening here in SK. TOM is totally affecting my attitude at work the past two days and it sucks big time. I've been able to stick to my diet plan so far this week even though I have been having some insane urges for a big piece of chocolate cake. Haha. My calories are actually going to finish really low today at 1397. Hope everyone is getting off to a good start for week 2.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

G'morning Everyone!!! Just checking in real quick.. I had a gain at the first weigh in of over just a pound, so after looking at all the facts I realized that the first month eating1,200-1,550 calories worked and I lost 10pounds, but since I have added in exercise I have gained 1 pound and was seeing more of an upward trend.. lol so I am increasing my calories, as I feel I was maybe not eating enough any longer for the energy my body was expending and my body was holding onto alot of it... so wish me luck! lol I am determined to find that happy medium!
K, time for me to get to work... I hope you all have blessed days!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 09-22-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

I had a one pound loss. Heh, I'll take that. Not to mention I am getting faster in my runs, I am happy.

Shan - Just keeping on kicking TOM's butt

Cakses - YAY 2.5!!!

Cape Breton - What a positive attitude. You are awesome!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:05 AM   #7  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

cakses~ Instead of regular mashed white potatoes, try sweet potatoes. I was not a fan when I first tried them, but they have really grown on me!

shan84~ Sorry about TOM… I hope your day is getting better!

Cape Breton Chick~ Sounds like a great plan upping your calories!

CakeBatter~ PSYCHO RUNNER!!! I need to find someone who runs as much as you to push me to get outside and start running!

Last night was a little rough as I had a million doctors appointments, had to get my car looked at and then try to work with a psycho 4 month old puppy who seriously did not stop bouncing for over an hour when I got home… Needless to say my dinner was not as good as it could have been. I browned some 90% lean beef in a skillet and then added it to some tomato soup and pasta I had cooking in my slow cooker. I need to start being more conscious of labels because I’m willing to bet that campbells tomato soup has more salt in it then just regular tomato sauce, which would have tasted just as good… Any recipes that are super cheap that you can make a large amount of and stretch for at least a week?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #8  
Believe it, be it

When the final weigh-ins are posted, it will be a list, Igetfit. I already took down all final weigh-ins, so if anyone hasn't weighed in this week, you have taken your first freebie. Remember, you MUST have your weigh-in posted by 11:59pm Mondays.
Also, please do not post additional chatter or another weigh-in post in the weigh-in thread. Makes it more difficult for me when I'm trying to compile the weigh-ins each week. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #9  
Believe it, be it

Anyone have an idea for this week's challenge? If so, please reply here and I'll put it up tonight. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #10  

AARRGGHH! I missed the first weigh in! Life has been VERY crazy lately! Hopefully things will slow down soon.

cakses- It sounds like you are doing well. Slowly you will get yourself into a routine that works for you. Keep up the great work!

shan - I hate the TOM cravings. Hopefully, you will be able to resisist.

CapeBreton - It is good that you are aware of what may have caused the weight gain and are making positive changes to fix it. Be very proud of yourself.

CakeBatter- YAY for the loss! and YAY on the faster runs!

Kim - Sounds like a hectic day!

As for recipe ideas... chili is always good ( I make the traditional style and a white chicken chili). I make a big batch and serve it with a salad. I also make a chicken with carrots, onions, and celery dish that is served over brown rice that is tasty.

I am going to try to pop in here more often. I have been going through a bunch of medical tests b/c of severe vertigo and high ESR levels in my body. It is crazy trying to juggle the testing and three kids. I have been trying to exercise but the vertigo doesn't always make that easy.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #11  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Glad to begin week 2. The first week was a little rough for me food-wise. I'm running into the 'how much should I be eating?' problem. I'm gonna try to decrease calories and see if that works.
Looking forward to the show tonight!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #12  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Hi everyone! I've been MIA on these boards until now. I'd like to join in. Last week, I had a 1 lb loss, but I'll take it!

I'm heading out for a walk in the next 20 minutes or so. It should be about 3 miles. I'm finally getting back into exercise mode, woohoo!

I'm ready for a weekly challenge, I'll google and see if I can offer up some suggestions.

Go RED team!!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #13  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Ahhhh rain rain rain! I love it on days when I don't have to work, hate it when I do. *sighs* South Texas does need it though.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I posted something earlier and for some reason it did not post. I lost a little over a pound but it is more than I expected I have not been eating well the past week. I do not know what it is. I eat a healthy breakfast and lunch and always get my water in during the week but nights and weekends I just make some bad choices. Now I do not binge or anything but I will eat cheezits or chips or something and then feel horrible and regret it so much. I also have been so bloated the past few days and that has to be contributing to my discomfort. On the positive front I did the 30 day shred last night and I will get to walk/jog tonight so I am trying to make up for my lack of exercise for the past few weeks. I will also watch TBL tonight and that will hopefully inspire me to do better. Hope everyone has a Terriffic tuesday!!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #15  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerChic View Post
When the final weigh-ins are posted, it will be a list, Igetfit. I already took down all final weigh-ins, so if anyone hasn't weighed in this week, you have taken your first freebie. Remember, you MUST have your weigh-in posted by 11:59pm Mondays.
Also, please do not post additional chatter or another weigh-in post in the weigh-in thread. Makes it more difficult for me when I'm trying to compile the weigh-ins each week. Thanks!
Thanks Shannon for doing this for us. I am sure it time consuming.

__________________________________________________ ________

Tomorrow

Tomorrow will be my first day with my homeless ladies walking group. We pushed it back because my boss had to go to a luncheon last week. I had a bad day last Thursday one the homeless ladies whom has mentel health issues (she believes she is a queen and a realtive of Jamie Fox), and she threaten me and others and was asked to leave, she came back today and was trying to harress me, but they removed her again. Women are only asked to leave if they threat to kill someone or phyiscal harm. Only 35% of the ladies whom I work with have mental health issues. Most of these ladies have been so wound by people and life that it just breaks them. They take offense at anything that might trigger some past event or emotional injury. So I ask again that my fellow Red Team members send some prayers my way for my walking club that I continue to walk in love and patience with all my ladies, I never want to became hard hearted or jaded.

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 09-22-2009 at 05:32 PM.