Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #1  
Future Former Fat Girl

Default Just can't get out of this chair - Can't stop crying

I moved across the country two months ago when my husband got transferred. I left my job, friends, small amount of family I have and all my doctors. It has been very, very difficult to find doctors and therapists here. My eating has just gotten out of control and I feel so bad about myself.

I don't know anyone here and I'm not feeling like I can go out & make friends. Some days I'm scared to leave my apartment. All I do is eat and feel bad about myself and cry and stay up watching the news all night (very bad idea!)

My husband is very sympathetic but I don't think there's anything he can do. I'm just sitting on my overstuffed chair with my overstuffed body! I may not be at my highest weight but I need to lose at least 80 more pounds. I feel sick inside and out. My back and knees hurt. I'm just a mess.

I really would love to have some chicks from this board to check in with until I feel strong enough to get back out there. Any words of encouragement gratefully accepted.
mllek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Where do you live? City and State ? Someone may be able to help you..
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #3  
Future Former Fat Girl

Default Location

I live just south of Washington, D.C.

I really thought when I moved here I'd be able to get good medical help because this area has so many universities, medical schools, etc. Just the opposite - I got an appointment with a therapist at her first available. It's in November! I do have very good insurance but it took over 30 phone calls to get this appointment. It's just scary to think about what to do when you need help urgently!
Old 09-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Girl you have to pull yourself together! Wipe those tears and tell yourself you are a strong person, you had friends where you used to live- of COURSE you'll make new friends here!

Does your hubby have friends there? Then of course he can help! If any of them are married I suggest inviting them over for dinner, get to know their wives/gfs!

When you find a new job I'm sure you'll also make some friends there.

Moving to a whole new area IS hard- but it's how you deal with it that can make or break you.

Today I heard this quote:

"Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you respond."

And I thought wow- that really hit me, things happen, but if I make the best of them, in the end it isn't so bad.

Do something nice for yourself tonight, even if it's just going out to dinner, you and hubby. Or rent that movie you have been meaning to watch, take that hot bath, etc. Something that will make you ready to face tomorrow
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Millie

First, Welcome to 3FC's, I'm glad you found us and I know you'll make some friends here. There's a daily board here where the girls post, you are welcome to join us.

Wow, November is far off.... is there any way you can call around some more to see if a different doctor can see you earlier? but keep the november appt just incase. Its difficult getting appts here too, the good doctors always seem to be the busiest.

I hope you get some employment soon... but in the mean time, do you go to church? bet you'll meet some nice welcoming folks there. Go to a few different ones, shop around until you find a comfy one that meets your needs. Its a good place to start.

Good luck sweetie

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And come back here and post. It really does help! Some of us post several times during the day - it helps!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:00 AM   #7  
Future Former Fat Girl

Thanks for the replies! It's 11:59 - so I made it through today.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

I really do hope things get better for you soon! I know exactly how you feel, I just moved to a new area a few months ago. I too, need to get out and make new friends. ;-)
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:38 AM   #9  

We have a shortage of psychiatrists in our area.Patients are also waiting months to be seen....but there is a way around this here.We do have a outpatient walk in clinic in our ER.Check out and see if you do.Our mental health center also has a walk in medication clinic.You really should not wait until November.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote