LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers Sept 21-27

View Full Version : Friends and Losers Sept 21-27

Mama Nicole
09-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Good Monday Morning everyone!!!!

Ann, I read your post from last weeks losers thread, and I have to tell you.....you have the absolute right idea about how to make this plan work. Sure, TO and FF can help you drop a few pounds of water weight, but that IS not the goal anymore. I have been enjoying working out super hard everyday, drinmking (and actually enjoying) my water, and eating a healthy variety of foods......and I have to tell you, this is the best I have felt in years. I am not dropping tons of pounds....but I am amking steady progress, and I am super super excited about that!!! Last week, I kind of slacked a bit in the healthy eatin department, but I did not binge. That is prgress for this girl.

This week, I plan to work harder on choosing healthier foods, and I just know it will happen.

Ok, time to Shred.....how are all of the other Shredders doing? I want details!!!
XOXO

JLem311
09-21-2009, 08:51 AM
good morning all. monday again, huh?
i was woke up at 3am to huge thunder/rainstorm. had to get up to shut windows. they're back open this morning since it's only gonna be in the 60s today. i love rainy/gloomy days! :)

i'm done with my workout. nicole, i've switched over to doing the elliptical and ab/arms. i may switch it up with alternating the Shred in there some days, but for the most part i'm liking my elliptical and ab/arm workouts.

hope everyone has a good start to the week!

Kristinx
09-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Morning everyone! Well i am on the edge of my seat today!
We put an offer in on a house yesterday...however another couple put an offer in too, and as it is a bank sale the bank will receive both offers this morning and hopefully make a decision today! However, they have until Wednesday morning to decide but I hope we hear today either way! Especially since if we get it we only have a few weeks till closing and so much to do before then! Very exciting but nervewracking!

As for the weight loss...I am happy to say I didn't gain this weekend! yay! So I am hoping for a good loss by friday!

aguerin
09-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Good Morning All.

We had a great trip to Pigeon Forge. I didn't even try to stay on plan, cause you just can't do it on vacation without upsetting everyone else who is with you with the "I can't eat that"

Anyway, time to crack down on this last 10 lbs. At least I hope it is only 10 after this weekend. :o

chiquita623
09-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Hello Ladies. Hope you all had a good weekend. We didn't really do much over the weekend. Went for a ride on Saturday and then it rained yesterday. So I caught up on my chores yesterday and took a nap. Which was kind of nice.

Just checking in. Didn't really want anything. I'll be back later. Have a good Monday!!

Repo girl
09-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Morning all!

Nicole- You are doing awesome, and I love that you are more concerned with a lifestyle change than losing lbs as fast as you can. I gotta tell ya, you and Jillian have got me so inspired, I am on the verge of jumping back on the bandwagon.....

Jillian- I love days like that too! Partly because the daycare kids sleep so good when it is cloudy and dark out, LOL. Anyway, can you believe that it is 34 degrees F here right now? I put blankets over all of my tomatoes last night, and turned the sprinklers on to the rest of it to try to keep the garden from freezing. Hopefully it worked!

Krisitin- GL with the house!

Amy- 2 days of eating poorly won't dent you so long as jump back on the wagon today! Glad you had a good time!

Laurie- A lazy weekend sounds blissful!

equinetcan
09-21-2009, 10:45 AM
I was up early this morning as I had an appointment at a school. I am looking at the possibility of going back to school now that I am off work. I still need to go talk to the employment insurance folks to see if they will help me and such but I started with the school today to get some info and such. It would likely be in human resources if I go back.

At least I am looking at some options. It wouldn't be until at least end of November to start and maybe January.

Thats about all for my news so far today...I'll check in later

Happy Monday!

Hoochie
09-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Nicole- It sounds like you are really on track with yourself. That is so awesome. You cheered me up this morning.
Kristin- Good luck with the house. Keep us posted.
Amy- yup the last 10 pounds.......

I bought a new scale this weekend since some of us girls in the office are going to have a little competition going. To my surprise...this scale is 5 pounds different from the scale I use at home. Instead of me being 163, I have jumped to 168. I was so depressed when I saw that!!!
Today I have my food binder with me and I am getting back on track with myself as this is ridiculous. I didn't get my shred dvd in the mail yet but I am assuming it will be here today.
Its going to be healthy eating all week long.....
Have a great week everyone!

Joan

aguerin
09-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Joan: Don't get discouraged with the scale weight. I won't touch a scale outside of my bedroom and having clothes on. LOL I know that is an automatic 5lb add. Keep that in mind and the fact of what you have already eaten for the day.

I plan on weighing in the morning. :sigh: and will start the crack down then. I have to admit that with today's gloomy weather, I want to just eat and eat and eat. But I won't (I hope).

Kristinx
09-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Alannah, good luck with the school thing. I'm an HR Manager so of course I highly encourage getting into the profession! It's not for everyone, but I love it! (Most days anyway haha)

Mama Nicole
09-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Katie.....all I can say is, "Brrrr."

Alannah...I think school is a fantastic idea. It is so refreshing to work towards new goals. It's funny how doing positive things for oneself is contagious. WTG!!!!

Joan......all I have to say is, sclaes suck.

Alrighty....have to go eat some lunch...I am getting a headache, so I know it is past time......boo.
XOXO

mj2007
09-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi ladies

Hope Monday treating you well.
Myself, I am feeling a bit grumpy and broody...TOM and I haven't lost anything past 2 days.Also...my chocolate craving is at its worst. I had to eat a weight watcher brownie ( 120 cal) on Saturday...couldn't control :(

Feeling good after the little confession :D ....otherwise I have been a good girl so far.I managed to watch Bride Wars Saturday night and had a good laugh!

Foxy- I know I said I'll send you that eating out guide....this weekend had been too busy. I'll get there...promise.
:hug:

RoyalAthena
09-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Hey Ladies!

Nicole - Thanks for the encouragement!! I am really feeling this program. I am sticking with it. BTW, I am originally from St Louis!! I have been here in WA for 7 years now. Go Cardinals!!!

Kristin - How exciting about the house. I hope all is well. I have my fingers crossed for ya!

Amy - You probably did better than you thought. You didnt all out binge. At the worse you will probably maintain.

Joan - Been there done that. I went to the Dr this morning and got weighed and there was a difference but I took into account my shoes and clothes....when I got home and weighed with and without, I saw the difference :)

Allanah - Congrats on your decision to go back to school. Exciting!

MJ - Although it's TOM you appear to have everything under control. That's a victory!!

I "wanted" to binge last night. I went to the store and walked around for 30 minutes; picking up candy, talking myself out of it and then putting it down. I finally settled on popcorn and crystal light. I weighted myself today and I am already down at least 1-2 pounds. So, I will do a final weigh in on Friday or Saturday! :)

Hoochie
09-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes Nicole---Sclaes suck!!!

haha

Repo girl
09-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Katie Brower Weaver has shredded.

Kristinx
09-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Yay Katie!

We didn't get the house :( Guess it wasn't meant to be...sooo more hunting! I totally feel like I asked someone out and they rejected me though lol...all part of the process though eh?

Repo girl
09-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Oh Kristen, I'm sorry about the house. That sucks. You are right though, it is a part of the process.

Kimphin
09-21-2009, 06:38 PM

YAY! I am proud of you Katie!

After a 1 week sabbatical, I will be back at it tomorrow, although it is getting pretty dark when I get up now. Bummer. I truly believe that I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I hate the short days. When the time changes, DH has to hide the kitchen knives on me, I get so down.

I went to visit my SIL this weekend, and she has been walking and dieting since our vacation ended at the beginning of August - and she looks really good! She is nowhere near as heavy as I am, though, but it made me decide to get right back into exercise, before I get too far out of the habit.

Nice to see new people here! Hi MJ and Ann!

Kristen - Sorry about the house. You are so right that it feels like a personal affront - but you know what? There are more places out there - your's is waiting for you.

JLem311
09-21-2009, 07:37 PM

SOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! YAY!!

JerseyMadchen
09-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey guys!

It's been a while, work is SOOOO busy! I work for the Virginia Employment Commission and unemployment is about 7% here. THis is a huge manufacturing area of the country, and so much of the work is going overseas. Well, and closing completely that is. Some of the area plants include Mohawk (flooring), Hersheys, McKee Foods (Little Debbie), Bontex (make rubber for sneakers- Addidas, Reebok, etc.), Coca Cola... the list goes on!

And apparently the fall is to get worse. The majority of the plants do a massive layoff every year for the holidays. Sucks, doesn't it? Well, needless to say, our office is swamped! I don't even have time to pee!

I haven't been eatting as well as I wish, plus not getting in my water. I like drinking my water out of a Rubbermaid 32oz. bottle, but I can't find any here. My sister is coming down for te weekend, so I will ask her to bring me some from Jersey. I have managed to not gain even though I've been eatting badly because of all the calories I have been burning.

And my feet! I haven't worn heels (other than church) in 2+ years!

We are moving into our house this weekend, I cannot wait!!! AHH!!!! I am SOOO excited! Plus I get to see my younger brother and sister! My younger brother is the on at TBS in Quantico, so I am uber excited!!

Well, off to plan some meals and do my housework. I want to Shred again so bad, but by the time I get home at night, i am BEAT. I am not a morning person either... I can barely get my butt out of bed on time for work. Maybe if I got up earlier and got it out of the way? Yeah right... I'll keep dreaming!

I'll come back to personals in a bit--

Night for now!

Mama Nicole
09-22-2009, 07:58 AM

Wooooohooooooo Katie Bower Weaver!!!!!
Katie.......that is soooo awesome!!!! I am soo mad at myself for not checking 3FC last night!!!!! Seriously girl....that is a huge accomplishment......at least that first day was for me. Let me tell you a coupld of things that have changed for me since I started taking that time to work out:
1.) My laundry has been caught up for a little over a month.
2.) I am FLYimg again, cuz I really AM finally loving myself enough to take the time to work out.
3.) I am enjoying this 20 or 30 minutes of quiet in the mornings that in 19 years of being a mom I have never had.
4.) After 42 days of shredding, I can see muscles in my arms and legs, even under the chub....and I am starting to feel pretty strong.
5.) I feel like I have something now that noone or no bad day can take away from me.....I treat myself to my workout every morning, b4 and drama can take place......and although it took about a month to actually enjoy working out.......believe it or not, I now do.

So, I realize I sound like a fanatic, but I feel so good. No, it hasn't made
EVERYTHING better......but my confidence is sooo much better than it has been in years. So,this morning, when you are having a hard time moving around.....get right back at it. Your kids are going to be sooo proud of you. Mine are just adorable about it. Truly, Katie.....I am so proud of you :hug:.

Hi Kim!!!! I always get this big cheesy smile when I see our icon. We miss you when you are gone :)

Kristin.....sorry about the house girlie :(

JerseyAmy.......so many things going on for you now.......it's exicting and exhausting all at the same time. I bet you are about ready for a boring night, huh?

Ann.....WTG resisitng the candy. We always used to talk about the dangers of the grocery store, and how one must stick to the perimeters of the store, cuz there is less junk there. But you resisted, and that is awesome. I do love the structure of this plan also, because it actually requires that you get in all of the food groups, with a decent amount of choice.

Alannah......how did your meeting at school go?

Hi Laurie, MJ, and Joan :wave:

I am going to run over to my girlfriends house this morning to frost her hair. She has a CT tomorrow that will determine if she gets into a clinical trial in Bethesda, Maryland....and the least I can do is help her to have a good hair day..the rest of the day is going to be soo tough for her :(

My brother is here again. He is floundering around in life real bad, and he keeps taking the mega bus here for a few days at time. He doesn't stay long, as he has two daughters that he has half time..so it is working out fine with my family. I feel for him, and I hope he finds his way soon. One nice thing is, he helps me out during the day a lot......and that is pretty darn nice.

Also, as if there are not enough people living in my house right now......we have a neighbor girl, who just moved back here, who is with us right now. She is 18, and is in a lot of trouble. Her step dad beat her up last night.....she ended up in the e.r. and has a broken nose and a concusion. It is just sickening. I don't know how this is going to work out, but there is no way I could send her home last night. Her mother witnessed the event, and didn't even come to the hospital. I do not know the family well, but have known the girl since she was about 14. I have to do some homework today to find out what the domestic violence laws are here in Missouri. In Wisconsin, if there is a DV call, someone goes to jail for the night. Her step dad wasn't even arrested. WTF?

Anyway.....I am taking up my shredding time typing here, so I must go.....but I hope you all have a kick a$$ day!!!!
XOXO

Repo girl
09-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Okay, done with shred #2. At first I thought that I may not get through it, I am so freaking sore, but somehow I did! In fact, the cardio was a little bit easier today.

Nicole- I am so thrilled for you. You are such a good mom and friend, and now you are being that good to yourself, too.

sweetandspicy
09-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Kristin- Sorry about the house.

Katie- Great job on the Shred.

Nicole- You sure are a busy girl. Great job on continuing the exercise!!! WAy to go!!! Domestic Violence Laws can even vary county to county. she is 18 now so an adult. That changes things completely. If she is afraid or in fear of her life she would need to get an Order of Protection. Things often get worse before they get better. Look on line and see if there is a domestic violence shelter or center you can put her in contact with. there are numerous services available everywhere it is just hard to access them sometimes.

AMy- sounds like your job is keeping you busy!! Good luck with the new house that is so exciting.

Kim- I feel the same about season changes, winter is the worst for me.

I am not eating well or exercising consistantly. I did shred last night and I had my 6 year old do it with me he is having some attention issues. He did ok but he is sort of all over the place. Andrew is still an avid shredder as well. he will do the jumping jacks, jump rope and push ups. He is quite adorable when he exercises and he takes it pretty serious too. We were watching TV last night and my DH said what is he doing. I said push ups? like it was natural for a 1 year old to do them. Hey I figure start him early it sure can not hurt.

Mama Nicole
09-22-2009, 10:00 AM
AmyM......WTG on working out last night. You will have to try to catch little Andrew on video.....it sounds just adorable. When my 7 yo tries to do it with me, he gets under my feet, and it is difficult for me not to get frustrated with him.....but you know, we mama's do what we have to do in order to get things done :)

Out the door now......see you all later. I feel such positive energy coming from tis forum......it almost makes me feel giddy :woohoo:

Kimphin
09-22-2009, 10:13 AM
We were watching TV last night and my DH said what is he doing. I said push ups? like it was natural for a 1 year old to do them. Hey I figure start him early it sure can not hurt.

LOL - How cute! You have a little Jack LaLanne!

Well, tonight begins the new bout of shredding. I also want to get to the gym in a few weeks (after it is definitely too dark to golf after work :( ) so I figure it will be a good way to get into the mode. I have been having shoulder pain all summer, and thought it might be a rotator cuff injury that I might need to have fixed over the winter (after golf season - I am a moron, I know.:dizzy:) but I think it may "just" be bursitis, as it gets better when I take Advil.

I was proud of myself last night - I have class after work, and I usually get dinner somewhere out on the way there, but last night I didn't - and went home to enjoy a nice bowl of grilled chicken ceasar salad that I made. I'm searching for my willpower!!!! And I think I caught a glimpse of it last night.

Nicole - How sad for your new houseguest. She needs some MamaNicole love. I hope that there ARE some good DV laws in St Louis - it is just unacceptable behavior.

Ann - I just noticed your ticker - WOW! You have been really successful so far - CONGRATULATIONS!

OK -gotta work - it pays the bills.

chiquita623
09-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Good Morning Ladies. Not much new to report with me. You all are rockin' the Shred and exercise!!! Keep up the good work!!

As for me, I'm just frustrated. Went to the dr. last week and asked her why I'm having so much trouble with the WL. I'm sticking to 1500 calories a day, getting in all my food groups and water, and still I'm not losing any weight. She informed me that my thryroid is all out of whack again (almost non-funtioning) and due to being menopausal that is most of my problem. Ack!! Its'a bugger to get older!!! I'm trying to stick with it and there will be a wedding for me in October 2010 and I want to look like one hot mama for that.

Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to vent and I know I can come here and you all understand. I'll be back later and I'll be in a better mood too!!

aguerin
09-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Good Morning ladies.

The words of encouragement and the I just completed stuff on here are very encouraging for me. The gain over the weekend was actually worse than I thought. So instead of the 10 lbs to go it is up to 13. Which is not as bad as it could be. Getting those first 3 off will be easy, but then the other 10 will take some work.

On the what am I going to do to change my situation front, I have started to exercise with the only DVD I could find (which is pilates). I couldn't find my Biggest Loser DVDs which I probably chunked because I never even tried them.

Sorry about you not getting the house Kristin, but just think there is a better one out there you will just have to find it and you will be glad you waited.

Jeresey Amy: Good luck with the moving. I hope you get settled soon with the job and house so that you can focus on you.

Congrats Katie on starting the Shred.

Nichole: Didn't you just want to drive over and beat the crap out of the Stepdad? I can't stand abuse of any kind.

Here's to an on plan day/week for me.

aguerin
09-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Ouch! Updating my WL ticker hurt. 5 lbs!!!!!! :yikes:

dawn78
09-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Kristen - sorry to hear about the house situation. I think many of us have been in that same boat. I know cried for days when we didn't get the first house we put our first offer on. But like everyone else said, it all works out and you will find one that fits better yet.

BarbaraB
09-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi, I had a great vacation. Lopez island was super beautiful and the weather was so gorgeous. The water is so blue. Did lots of bike riding around the island, but also ate some junk food and had plenty of beer. So back to plan for a couple of days and I'm feeling the vacation bloat vanish a bit more every day.

Nicole, I am so impressed with your enthusiasm with the exercise! I bet you are slowly reshaping your body too, as I do think exercising makes your waist shrink much faster. Also my blood pressure has gone way down, and that is a big deal.

equinetcan
09-22-2009, 08:55 PM
ok - kinda fell off the shred wagon the last few days but as I am sitting here watching TBL - I will be doing it again tomorrow morning one way or the other. I am the first to admit I hate working out. So Nicole, when I hear you say you like it now I keep hoping in a few weeks that will be me too.

So - it's time for me to smarten up. Its been a hard week sp far for a couple of reasons but It's too easy to use that as an excuse.

I'll report tomorrow as soon as I do the shred ;)

JerseyMadchen
09-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Hey guys!

Just checking in to say hello! Thanks for all the well wishes! I cannot wait to move in! Plus I'll have a full size fridge for fruits and veggies!

Am so stinking tired all the time since starting work. Any ideas for me? I'll start taking my B complex tomorrow, maybe that will help?

Kristinx
09-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Vitamins might help. Exercise tends to help keep energy levels up too.
Other than that I have no clue..it's been almost 6 years since I finished school and I am still always tired lol I miss school sooooo much

Mama Nicole
09-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi Barbara :) We have missed you. I am glad you had a nice vacation. You know, I was thinking about the blood pressure issue just the other day. I am going to have to get mine checked soon to see how it is. I might have to measure my waist soon too.....I have held off because I want there to be a real difference when I do check it. Anyway, glad you are back :)

Alannah......I know it is hard to actually start a workout each day......but once you get past the first 5 minutes.....you are already a success. It's not like you will stop in the middle of it, you are already sweaty...lol. For me, it is just the matter of starting....and yes, it will only take a few weeks until it becomes a habit, and quite enjoyable most days. I think picking the same time each day really helps also......which really goes against my non schedule hippy brain organization......but we are never too old to change, right?

Hi Dawn :wave: nice to see you too!!!

JerseyAmy......I think you probably need to adjust to your new hours. It is a huge chane for you. Hang in there girlie, and try to up your water in. And since you are the original shredder....when you are ready, it will really really help you :)

Kristin.....house hunting can be such an emotional rollercoaster. I didn't think we would ever find "the" house.

Kim......my shoulder has been hurting me too.......and I dn't like that at ALL Ilove how ou said, JUST bursitis.....lol.

DixieAmy....first of all, I laughed out loud when you said you probably chucked the biggest loser DVD's. I kow that wasn't meant to be a joke, but i can see myself doing something like that during a cleaning spree. And secondly, what are you going to complete today? Come on girl.....you have the right idea......those last 13 will go with some exercise. Plus, you are going to feel GREAT!!!

Katie, Katie.....how are your quads and hammies feeling? Can you sit on the toilet? Can you get up from the toilet? Today will probably be your last day of being super sore.....mabye one more, but I doubt it :)

Jillian......I tweet you about a billion times a day now......but can you even believe how much you have inspired us with your 30 self challenge? You are a natural born leader. Thanks again lady!

Ok, I am cutting my time real close here......must shred, doing level 2 today. I have been rotating all three levels for the last few days, and I am thinking about getting a new workout to add into the mix.

Ok, really have to go now......I hope I didn't miss anyone :) Have a great day girls.
XOXO

aguerin
09-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Morning Ladies. I don't know what has happened to Dan, but maybe he is lurking.

So yesterday I did some form of TO/FF with only green veggies and light meat and got the scale back down a few lbs. Which makes me feel better. Now to focus on the last 10 (again).

I must admit I hate that Pilates DVD and couldn't make it through a 10 minute segment yesterday. I actually stopped it left and swept off the porch, scolded myself for not being more committed to exercising started it again and left again cause I couldn't do it. They have got to be crazy with some of those moves they expect you to do. Looks like I am going to be shopping for a new exercise video. I looked and still couldn't find those BL DVDs yesterday so I am convinced they are history.

I will be on travel next week in Baltimore for a conference so I will have yet another obstacle to overcome.

sweetandspicy
09-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Here is to a Wondeful Wednesday!!!

Hope everyone gets to exercise and stay on plan!!!

Repo girl
09-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Morning all! Day 3 of the shred, completed! And Nicole, I am crazy sore! Here is the good news: 1- The carpal tunnel that has been plauging my right hand is getting better ever day since I started exercising. 2- I have fibromyalgia, which causes my lymph system to malfunction and hold onto pockets of water and lymph (toxins and garbage). Since beginning the shred, I am peeing a million times a day, because my lymphs are finally letting go of all this junk. I think that by next week, I will be feeling better than I have in a long time!

Kimphin
09-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Good news, Katie! Glad you checked in - Nicole was worried that you couldn't get up off the toilet.

No news really, just checking in. Had some yummy tilapia and cauliflower last night for dinner (although there wasn't much 'color' on the plate!) and am having leftovers for lunch. Mmmmm.

Repo girl
09-23-2009, 11:58 AM
:joker:

Hoochie
09-23-2009, 02:26 PM
I am still waiting for my shred dvd to come in the mail. Wow I ordered it last Tuesday or Wednesday I think.
After watching TBL last night, I was inspired again. I know I can do this.
I started competing with my staff in the office too with our weight loss. I love being accountable as it makes me work much harder at what I put in my mouth. Last night instead of having a snack, I enjoyed a cup of tea and it was so nice. I didn't walk last night but I am going to exercise tonight. Hopefully my dvd comes in.
Okay gotta run

Joan

mj2007
09-23-2009, 02:51 PM
It has been crazy busy...past few days!!!And my TOM....is like forever!!!!

Jersey Amy- I agree with Kristin. Multivitamins( with iron) can help a lot.Also some Calcium if you can.

Allanah- We all have hard weeks from time to time. Looks like you are back on top girl :)

DixieAmy- You are so close girl...10 lbs or 13...still so close!!!!

Hi Dawn, Barbara, AmyM, Kim, Katie, Kristin,Nicole, Ann...and anyone else visiting this thread.

I don't really have any news.Well...speaking of water retention...since I started drinking 8 glasses of water, I wake up 1-2 every night to go pee. Anyone else has this problem?

mini me
09-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Okay, guys. Tell me about the Shred. Have y'all seen a loss in weight while doing it, or is it more muscle definition? Not that it really matters .... either one woul be a plus for me!

JerseyMadchen
09-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Hey guys!

I got a down moment, so I decided to stop in and do some personals!

Kristin- good luck witht he continued house searching. Ours literally fell into our lap! And then it was ONE long month until our closing! We're moving in this weekend!!

MJ- I was like that with my water at first. You'll get used to it!

Katie- that's SOOOO awesome about your health problems increasingly getting better!

Barbara- enjoy your last few days of freedom before you get your DVD!!

Sarah- Jillian Michaels states that you can lose up to 20lbs in teh 30 days, but ask the girls that have been doing it, it's about 5 lbs lost. BUT, the good thing is the definition!

Alannah- we should be buddies, we're the same stats!!

DixieAmy- that's understandable with a DVD/workout that you can't do. Its frustrating!!! Go find one you like and can do and ENJOY!!

Nicole- I am SO proud of you and your Shred!! You're amazing!! I wish I could get up that early!!!

Kim- that's funny about the whole COLOR thing! If it tastes good, that's great! Keep up the OP!!

Hey AmyM!!

BTW, I love tweeting when I can! We should ALL get on there!!!

JerseyMadchen
09-23-2009, 04:11 PM
I'll be watching TBL tonight off my DVR. It's funny, one of you guys last week said about how much of a bunch of CRY babies they are! AND THEY TOTALLY ARE!!!

Well, I need to wrap up our meeting and get my butt home!

equinetcan
09-23-2009, 04:34 PM
hey people -

Amy - we can be buddies - I never noticed how close in stats we were till you mentioned it!

Today has been ok. Humid here today all of a sudden. Soaked if you move a muscle. This is more august weather than late september for here but at least its only supposed to be for the one day I believe. But tomorrow will be better anyway cause around here it's known as doggie day LOL. I go get Chancey for the weekend tomorrow. I only have her till saturday this weekend though as I have an evening wedding to go to on saturday for a couple of friends of mine. I am taking her back to the other house early so I don't have to worry about what time to be home on saturday night.

Must go get the other half of my supper ready...it's 530 here now :). I'll check in later...

JerseyMadchen
09-23-2009, 05:21 PM
It was unusually hot here today too. My car thermometer said 84, but I swear it was warmer!

mj2007
09-23-2009, 05:30 PM
wow...we sure breaking records this year. Its about 90 here!!!

JerseyAmy- thanks...I hope i get used to it soon. It has been almost 2 mnths...I better be :(

BarbaraB
09-23-2009, 05:56 PM
JerseyAmy, Are you getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night? I do find when I'm working that the thing I tend to do is short myself in sleep, and of course this makes you tired! Jillian Michaels talks about what lack of sleep does to your appetite hormones and it is not pretty. Not enough sleep is almost going to guarantee that you will make bad food choices... which I stupidly stayed up too late last night and today its been one bad food choice after another... why oh why did the lunchroom need to be packed full of pastries and quiche when I was feeling so weak? Oh well... I suppose I will take a nap when I get home tonight and then get right back on plan.

Did you see the call home segment on TBL, they were all crying... heck it had only been a week and a half or so since they were home!

Nicole, I think you have regained your master poster status! How is the neighbor girl? How is Emily feeling about being back home? You certainly do have a full house.

Katie, I wonder if my lower blood pressure from exercising is related to the lymph system. My daughter has been diagnosed with Meniere's disease which is a disturbance of the inner ear that is making her constantly sick and is likely to affect her hearing. Have you ever heard of this and know of anything that might be helpful? I know you are full of all kinds of healing knowledge and energies and I've just been worried sick over this.

Alannah, Did you try the Shred? I have to admit to only doing it a few times. It is a good workout, but I'm addicted to the spin class.

MJ, Yes sometimes lots of water makes me need to make a middle of the night trip to the bathroom... and then my cats figure I'm awake and sit at the door and howl... and that makes my DH mad at the cats... When I'm feeling particularly bloated, nothing works better than asparagus to unbloat me. Not sure what is in there, but it is very effective.

Kristinx
09-23-2009, 06:24 PM
I thought house hunting was supposed to be fun? it is stressful! I'm starting to think we will just build...which is a whole other stress itself! Ah! But I have to say with all the busyness and stress I am not letting the diet go to ****...so far so good...one day at a time

BarbaraB
09-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Kristin, Sweetheart, I wouldn't have a house built at the same time I was planning a wedding. That is just way too much at once. Plus you have to wait for forever before the built house is ready to move into. New houses come on the market all the time, and the best ones don't last for long on the market, so being very patient can really pay off in house hunting. If you do decide to have one built, and I have done this... be careful. Read carefully what is in the standard house. As the model home likely has 10's of thousands of dollars worth of upgrades. It is often a much, much better deal to buy any spec home that they have for sale, as they will usually throw in all kinds of upgrades for free or much reduced prices on that one...

Kristinx
09-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the advice! It is sooo much to think about. I'm thinking if we go with the builder we will likely go with on of the houses they have partially built or built already as the area we are looking at has a builder who is doing most of the houses and they have quite a few. Or I might just give it a break and wait till something pops up. I am done wedding stuff till the New Year so if we can find something before then great..if not I will go crazy...jk we'll figure it out I guess!

Kimphin
09-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Plus, as someone who built their home - there is a TON of work to do to make it look good - and I mean the yard, lawn, inside, everything! DH went nutso for about a year in getting his lawn going.

Watch out for extras - silly ones. If you can do it later without much trouble, don't pay through the nose for it now.

We were at the site EVERY evening, and you would be suprised at what we stopped from being wrong. It is time consuming - fun, but time consuming.

What an exciting time!

sweetandspicy
09-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Good thursday to you all!!!

Kim- love the new picture you look so pretty!!

Amy- It has been a hot summer, we cooled down for about 2 weeks now we are right back to 85. Hard to dress in this weather.

Barbara- you are so smart.. I definately believe what you said about sleep. I have read numerous articles that state 8+ hours is needed to loose weight.

Nicole- hope your house has settled down, but way to go on keeping up with the Shred!!! you are a Rockstar

Hope everyone is doing well. We have been incredibly busy this week so not to much time to post. I have gotten some exercise in and not eaten to awful bad lately. just a little off plan. The girl from LA has continued to call me wanting me to come back. I would love too but it is just to much $$$.

Kimphin
09-24-2009, 01:13 PM
I haven't been getting anywhere CLOSE to 8 hours sleep. So, On top of drinking my water. I guess I should make that another priority.

PS - Thanks Amy!

Repo girl
09-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone!
I am done with day 4 of the shred. I can't believe how much easier it was today! I hardly had to modify anything. When I first started I felt like I was modifying practically everything. Also, I am not in so much pain today either. I am also feeling happier and more like myself. Today my hair and makeup is done, I have on jewelry, and I am wearing clothes that I love. What a good feeling!

Kim- I have to be militant about the sleep thing. My DH is a night owl, and just expects me to be. I have to insist on going to bed at a decent hour!

Barbara- I am not familiar with the inner ear disturbance, but I do have a couple of ideas. Firstly, she ought to be taking Goldenseal to keep her mucous thin (gross, I know). Also, she ought to find a good massage therapist to do facial massage, in order to keep her sinuses clear and not blocking up. Also, some naturepaths or naturepathic chiropractors can reach into the back of your mouth and push on a part that drains the inner ear. It hurts like ****, but is really effective.

Nicole- Does your friend know yet if she made it into the clinical trial? Also, what is going on with your neighbor? I just keep thinking about her.

mini me
09-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Jillian, I tried the Nonni biscotti. They are good. Not quite as tasty as LA's, but quite a bit cheaper! And I think the ones I bought are 80 calories ... not bad. Thanks for the info on them!

Repo girl
09-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Hmmm, bisquotti sounds so good with coffee for breakfast. Anybody know how to make them?

Kimphin
09-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I made them once, but they tasted like pressure treated lumber. Actually, almond flavored pressure treated lumber.

So, I won't be posting THAT particular recipe anytime soon.

momofthree
09-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Kimphin--You make me laugh!! That was so funny. I have made a few LA baked goods in the past that are comparble to your biscotti. I think I saw a recipe lin somewhere. If you try a search you may find a good biscotti recipe!

Repo girl
09-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Wow, almond flavored pressure treated lumber sounds pretty nasty!

mj2007
09-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Hahhaha!!!thatz really funny!!!So rest of those La- desserts any good?I haven't tried any of their desserts yet?

Btw...I found this biscotti recipe online( according to weight watchers). These are 43 cal. I suppose can be considered 1/2 starch according to LAWL-plan.

Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips -- mini
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract -- or Chocolate Extract
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
1/2 cup hazelnuts -- toasted and skinned

GLAZE:
1 large egg white -- Beaten with
1 teaspoon water

Instructions:Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat large baking sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, until blended. Stir in chocolate chips In a medium bowl, whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, zest, extract, and coffee powder, until powder dissolves. Add to flour mixture along with nuts. With wooden spoon, work wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined (dough will be sticky). Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands and on lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough into 14 inch long rope, then transfer to prepared baking sheet. Flatten rope to 1 3/4 inch width. Roll remaining dough into another 14 inch rope, place 3 to 4 inches away from first rope, and then flatten. Brush ropes with glaze. Bake in 350 oven until firm to the touch, 24 to 26 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Leave oven on. Slide loaves onto cutting board. With serrated knife, cut loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Discard ends. Place slices, cut sides down, back on baking sheet (they can touch). Bake until dry, another 15 minutes, turning biscotti over after 7 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to several days.
Yield: Makes 56 servings- 4 dozen
1 POINTS per serving

Nutrition information:
calories 43, fat 0.8g (16.7%), 48mg sodium, fiber 0.3g

barbara - thanks. I'll try asparagus.

BarbaraB
09-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Kim, Your picture is very lovely, and your description of the biscotti's is so funny. You are so right about buying a brand new house, especially one with no yard put in. We bought 3 brand new houses over the years (out of the 4 houses that we've bought), and the one with the 0 landscaping when we moved in.. that was the most work...

Katie, Thanks... I'll see what my DD thinks about that... I imagine the facial massage might be a big hit with her. She finally quit her job today! I'm so incredibly relieved about that, as they have just been putting major pressure on her, and that is not what she needed to get better. So I'm hoping a few totally stress free days might be just what she needs to turn the corner toward being better, along with the drugs that are supposed to reduce the pressure inside the inner ear and are reported to help in 80-85% of people wth this.

Mama Nicole
09-25-2009, 07:46 AM
Good morning ladies :)

Man, I took one day off of 3FC, and what a busy day I chose to take off :) I was super busy yesterday....I decided to get some sewing done DGD has such a round little tummy, that I have decided to make her a couple of outfits that are long enough in the belly so she doesn't et cold this winter. I am also putting together a pink silky dress for her. I will post some pics when I get things finished up.

Katie......I am so super excited for you. I hear what you are saying....I have been wearing make-up and doing my hair and getting dressed everyday lately too. It's so weird. And my laundry.....my glorious laundry is STILL caught up. I feel quite accomplished about this :) I feel like I have much more time in my day now. Life is good :) THe neighbor girl went back to chicago with her family. I talked to her for a bit b4 she left, and I told her to please call if she needed help. I reminded her that noone should EVER hurt her again, that is it wrong, NO MATTER WHAT, but I am not sure if she believed me :( I told her if she found herself in a situation like that again b4 she came back, to call, and I would make 1000 calls if I had to to find someone to help her right away. I reminded her that there are people everywhere that can help her, and that it is against the law EVERYWHERE. She did call me and let me know they made it ok, and that she and her parents had a really good talk on the way there......but they are a$$holes, so who knows. I know that is not right or nice to say, that they have their own problems....but they make me sick. My friend does not yet know if she made it into the clinical trials. They make her hurry up and wait all the time. She Fed-exd her scans from Wed overnight to Maryland, so hopefully she will hear something today or early next week.

Barbara......I never did mention my concern for your DD. I REALLY hope the meds work for her. It sounds just miserable, and I am with Katie......I think the massage therapy and possibly the chiropractor are good options to add to her medical treatments. As long as they aren't too extreme and want you to abandon your medical advice. If the medical advice is not helping after a good try, that is a different story, but I get nervous when common sense is left out of the equation. I tend to be a rather scientifically based homeopath :)

Speaking of scientists, JM had heart surgery yesterday! I saw it of FB. She had a small (if you can call any stroke small) stroke a few months back, and the discovered a small hole in her heart. If I remember correctly, it is the hole that we all have, bt it usually closes before birth or shortly there after. Hers did not. If I am wrong about this, JM, let me know :) Anyway, she did fine in suregery and should be going home today. I thought you all might want to know :)

Kim...you hottie you.......you look gorgeous in your new avatar. I love it! I seem to have a lot of red headed friends :) As always, you crack me up, so glad you are back :)

Jillian? Jilian? Where for art thou?

Ok, I have to shred. I have a ton to do this a.m. I will try to check back later :)
XOXO

JLem311
09-25-2009, 08:23 AM
hello all. i'm here. i did a double workout this morning, since i missed out on yesterdays due to some personal circumstances. anyways, i'm back at it.

i'll have to go back and read all the posts i've missed. hope everyone has a good day and weekend!

JLem311
09-25-2009, 08:36 AM
ps..kim, i love your new pic! :)

Repo girl
09-25-2009, 10:15 AM
A double workout, I can't even imagine that at this point, lol. Good for you Jillian!

Nicole- You are such an angel in the lives of your friends and family. I really hope you friend gets into that clinical, that would be awesome!!

I have not worked out yet, waiting until naptime today.

sweetandspicy
09-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Good Friday to you all. Hope everyone is doing well. It is rainy and dreary here today and I really did not want to get out of bed this morning. I have been eating better and exercising at least everyday. I have been approached to participate in a 5K but I just dont know. There is not doubt of course that I can walk if I want to but the people I will be with are runners/joggers.. The race is in about 35 days and I just do not think that is enough time to get in shape. I think I might just do the 1 mile fun walk. The money all goes to the same place. My son who is the football star has asked me to help him. He is trying out for the middle school this spring and he has to run a mile in so many minutes. So i think we are going to use the couch to 5k interval training method and add in some strength taining. He is so talented but he is so small. He really needs some muscle mass to compete with the big boys. His friend was over yesterday and he had on just his jersey and I could not believe how much bigger he was than my son. I wish there was some kind of weight transplan and I could give him a few of my pounds

Repo girl
09-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Oh, Amy, I wish there was a weight transplant program every day. I am planning on giving my extra weight to Paris Hilton.

Kristinx
09-25-2009, 11:22 AM
HAhaha weight transplants would be AWESOME!

Hey all, so I am back on track food wise I thinK! I had a good week even when I was away at a conference and even when FH ordered take out from the palce with great pizza! I was good! Yay! And i went down 2.6 this week.
It's funny cause since I went off birth control I am paying more attention to what my body is doing. it seems like the 2 weeks before ovulation i gain easy or can't lose no matter what I do and then after that I lose a bit more easily...what is up with that? i thought it would be the opposite! lol

Kimphin
09-25-2009, 11:33 AM
:Oh, Amy, I wish there was a weight transplant program every day. I am planning on giving my extra weight to Paris Hilton.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

now thats funny.

BarbaraB
09-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Amy, You never know when kids are going spurt up and go from small to tall, it is really common occurance in middle school. We've had unseasonably hot weather here lately. It was over 90 earlier in the week, which is really unusual for late September here. Today looks like another day of summer.

Kim, Jamaica for Valentine's day sounds grand.

OOH... THERE IS A MOMMA DEER WITH TWO BABIES ABOUT 5 FEET IN FRONT OF MY WINDOW... WHAT IN THE HECK ARE THEY EATING NOW...

Kimphin
09-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Something expensive, I'm sure!

Maybe Valentines day, but we priced out Easter week too, and it is a LOT cheaper, so we may be going in April, unless there is a big sale soon.

Repo girl
09-25-2009, 11:22 PM
I have finally gotten day 5 of the shred done, right before bedtime!

dimples4389
09-26-2009, 10:47 AM
how does l.a work?

equinetcan
09-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I had a wedding to go to last night and it was fun. Two of my friends got married and it was beautiful and went off without a hitch. My new pic is from last night. It's one a friend of mine took and I stole it off of FB. It's not as bad as some of me so I posted it at Nicole's suggestion LOL

Today will be a quiet day for me. But usually sundays are around here.

Have a good day!