Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Salsa

View Full Version : Salsa

Jennifer 3FC
09-20-2009, 01:33 PM
For most of my life, I've hated grocery store Salsa. It has a 'taste' about it - I guess it is the preservatives. I had one brand that I liked, but became impossible to find several years ago. And now over the past week I found two that I really like. Triggers Pineapple Salsa (regional, but slowly working it's way across the country) and Herdez Salsa Verde. Oh my gosh, I can't get enough of them! The Triggers is very thick, so it's good on a baked potato. The Herdez is very thin (plus an incredible salty-tangy flavor), so I poured it all over tofu and veggie fajitas that we had the other night.

What do you like to do with your salsa?

retiredone
09-21-2009, 10:58 AM
I like salsa on scrambled eggs and nachos and mexican food of course.

Jacquie668
09-21-2009, 11:57 AM
If I make my own salsa (i usually do a mango salsa) then I put that over a salad and use that as my dressing. No oil, sweet and spicy. :D

Store bought I like that with crackers or chips, or I dip veggies into it. I especially like the Desert Pepper Trading Co. salsas, but anything with a bit of a sweet flavor I like.

Salsa with hummus and baked chips...that is like a junk food for me lol. I also do lettuce tacos with raw food walnut meat, a few veggies in there tossed in, and salsa. Very good. :D

Hamoco350
09-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Mmm, salsa! I always have to order it at our local Mexican restaraunt. They usually bring a customary appetizer of goat cheese dip for everyone at the table. I'm always the loser who asks for the salsa! Haha .. it's probably the best stuff ever, though, so I don't feel cheated. :)

My friends went to Taco Bell recently, and I ordered a taco off the Fresco line .. it had salsa instead of cheese, and was pretty good.

harrismm
09-23-2009, 11:53 PM
I love mine with rice...yummy.

AR4life
09-24-2009, 12:37 AM
I taught my 3 grade 10 foods classes how to make salsa today, it was quite the sight...lol
I am going to store the jars away for a while and then they can make oven baked taco chips (large tortillas cut up) to scoop it and eat it up.
Simple but very tasty!
:)