South Beach Diet - Whew! It's the Weekend!

View Full Version : Whew! It's the Weekend!

Ruthxxx
09-19-2009, 07:46 AM
Good Saturday morning! I'm sipping a huge coffee from my pretty cafe au lait cup and have both dogs sleeping on my feet. They use my slippers as pillows even when I'm not wearing them.

Cold here this morning at 41F but it IS sunny. :sunny: This morning I go to the antique quilt show at the Lyndhurst Turkey Fair (http://www.turkeyfair.ca/) and this afternoon do two shifts at the Church and Bob's house for "Doors Open". That'll fill the day although I do hope to sneak in some sewing time.

Paul and elves will be here today doing more work on the addition. Today is quarter round and bathroom floor day. :cb: This sure has gone on a long time! :( It started the last Monday in July. This winter I will be replacing my kitchen floor and having some of my hardwood floors restored but I sure hope for a few months of silence in between.

Hope your Saturday is full of fun things. :cofdate:

Lexxiss
09-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

Sounds like a marvelous day, Ruth. I'm working as hard as I can to finish up the details...Pooch Parade today!!!!

I'll visit later. Have a great weekend everyone!

cottagebythesea
09-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Morning all! It's supposed to be a spectacular weather weekend here, and we're making the most of it!

Monica, Eric and Carley came over last night to spend the night, and we stayed up late playing cards and drinking wine. We're having a slow start this morning, but once everyone is up, we're going to Shady Maple PA Dutch Smorgasbord for breakfast, then spending the rest of the day at the PA Renaissance Faire.

Ruthxxx
09-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Debbie, if you can, please post Pooch Parade pictures.

Sounds like we have fun things planned this weekend. Nice!

CyndiM
09-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Good morning :coffee2:

Ruth - An antique quilt show sounds interesting. Hope the elves get lots done while you are away :)

Debbie - I second the request for pics! Hope everything goes off without a hitch and you get to have some fun mixed in with the work :)

Cottage - Sounds like a lovely family weekend. Enjoy the Ren Faire.

We are off for a day of hawk watching. The conditions are absolutely perfect and it's the height of broadwing migration. Should be a fun afternoon, once I get the dehydrator refilled :)

Hope you are enjoying a perfect fall day wherever you are (and whatever counts as fall - yes, you Chelby ;) )

Chelby29
09-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Happy Saturday!

Ruth, Sparkit doesn't sleep on slippers, but he's ripped Auston's bear slipper to shreds. Good thing he's cute. ;)

Debbie, I hope you have a great day! Will Lexxiss go, too? I have a great wagon she could ride in.

Cottage, Cards and wine with family sounds like a perfect Friday night. Perfect!

Cyndi, It is fall. It's only in the high 80s now. :) The day after Labor Day, one of my coworkers wore a sweater and corduroy pants. She lost her mind! I wore my white cropped pants just to go against the grain. :lol:

Auston is going with his cousin to the County Fair today. Jeff and I are going south of town to look at another Tahoe. We're becoming professional car shoppers. This one seems like a great buy -- but they all have over the internet.

We have something worse in the house than a mouse. We have a dead mouse. Jeff has pulled out the fridge and the stove. We haven't found it yet. It's really, really bad.

Hope you all have a great day!

CyndiM
09-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Good morning Chelby :wave: I packed all my capris and tank tops yesterday. Now it's sweater season :)
Good luck with that mouse. That's why I never poison the little buggers. They love to die inside the walls. :eek:

Barb0522
09-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Ruth - Sounds like a wonderful day! Don't do too much though. Try to relax some.

Debbie - I'd love to see some Pooch Parade pictures!

cottage - I love the Ren faire. Ours is in May and I'm usually buried in getting ready for Twilight Camp so I haven't made it in years but I do enjoy it.

Cyndi - It doesn't feel like Fall but at least it isn't raining this weekend so I am happy. 8 straight days of rain was WAY too much! Have a wonderful weekend.

chelby - I just switched to capris this morning. I probably will have a few more days for shorts but it seemed like capris made more sense.

Don ended up working late so we didn't get together last night. I've got a few errands I need to do today but I'm trying to find something to do tonight. It's hard to meet people when you've been married as long as I have. Everyone I know has young kids and doesn't want to just hang out and catch a movie.

Chelby29
09-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Cyndi, We don't use poison either, mostly because of our 5 year old. We use old fashioned snap traps. But something met it's maker in my house and STINKS!

We are the proud new owners of a 2005 Chevy Tahoe. I love the truck. Jeff loved the price. Everyone is happy. I'm so excited! My minivan driving days are over! Woohooo!!! I'll post pictures soon.

KO
09-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Hi Ladies
Waiting for DH to get back from back to back Firecall #2 then he's going to work on antennas and I'll write some articles while he works outside.
Ruth woman The Quilt Show sounds Fun:) My Shihtzu (ok Mom's Shihtzu) Murph Loves to sit on feet. . .Turns out Shihtzus were bred to keep Emperors feet warm!
Cottage So glad you had a good night Today is the perfect day for Smorg and renfair!!
Debbie I need Pooch Pics!! Sounds like a beautiful perfect day
Cyn My summer stuff is almost away do you take pics hawk watching? I'd love to see some!!
Chelb!! I'm going to call you Hotwheels! Congrats on the new Ride! Hope you find the rodent soon!
Barb we have the same problem most ppl we know have little kids and/or are to busy to just hang out. Some times they want to do guys/girls night but still it's hard to find available peeps! if we were in TX you would definitely have movie company!!

Me I had the Beep scared out of me last night! DH was at work deploying b/c his login whosee stopped functioning. I did some newsletter stuff and fell asleep on the couch and awoke to someone trying to get in my door! at 2:30 and 2:45. So I called the cops and they came but I wasnt calm again till DH came home.
Speakign of which he just came in so I better get my arse in gear
SATURDAY!!!!
Kierie

Chelby29
09-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Kier, I know how scared you were. That happened to me once when I was single and lived alone. I lived way out in the country -- closest neighbor about 1/2 mile away. I called the neighbor, then grabbed my shotgun. I couldn't get it loaded in the dark, and didn't want to turn on the light. It was terrifying. The guy left when he heard my neighbor's dually charging up the driveway. I hope your hubby is at home for you to cuddle up with tonight. :)

SunshineCA
09-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Good day everyone. :)

I'm doing well with sticking to my plan. I'm so glad for willpower and pre-planning. I'll be home alone most of the evening so I won't cook anything big. Dinner for 1 is a great relief sometimes. :)

May you all continue to have a wonderful weekend. :)

Lexxiss
09-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Hi Everyone:sunny:

Read all your goings on. Too tired to type. I just got home. We had a very successful day fund raising. I took my camera and didn't take one single shot, I ran my a** off all day. We have someone who photographs for us, so
I'll post the website.

See ya'll tomorrow!

Ruthxxx
09-20-2009, 08:09 AM
Just read back and am very glad I locked all my doors last night! This is a really quiet village most of the time but there was a dance at the Legion last night and there were a few rowdies out there when it ended at one.

Off to Church shortly and then a big day ahead when I pack up the rest of diningroom silver, china and glass. Dana is going to paint when I'm away and there is no way he can move the buffet and one China cabinet when they are full of heavy and fragile stuff! After that I will do some garden clean-up and pick the remaining tomatoes and zucchini. I can't believe how much two zucchini seeds produced! The beans are still producing - if the cold didn't get them last night.

May your Sunday be serene with puddles of rest.

cottagebythesea
09-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Good Sunday morning! :sunny:

We had a great time at the Faire yesterday, and ended up spending the entire day there. There is also a winery at the site, and we had fun sampling at least 8 varieties before buying several bottles. :) It's nice to know that our own local winery has some really great wine!

Today we have lots of chores after playing all day yesterday. We're finally going to get the pool closed, among other things. First, though, I have to run out for some groceries so Jake will be set while I"m away. I know my son and daughter-in-law and the grandkids will be here for supper later, too, so have to come up with a plan. I'm going to make the Spaghetti Squash Deep-Dish Italian Pie for myself, and so I'll have yummy leftovers for lunches. :T

CyndiM
09-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Good morning :coffee2: We dodged the first frost. I didn't bother to cover my garden but I'm glad the local farms will still have peppers and zucchini. Today I'm cleaning and organizing my food storage closet to see what I need and what I have.

Debbie - I hope today provides a little R&R for you! Sounds like a fun but very exhausting day yesterday.

Ruth - Playing in the garden is a pretty good way to spend an early fall day :)

Cottage - Did you dress up for the Ren Faire? Now you have me thinking about that spaghetti squash pie, yum.

Just a chore day for me today. I'm trying to keep the dehydrator full all the time now that time is short. Today will be tomatillos and more zucchini. I'll pick up some peppers for tonight. I keep reminding myself I have all of October for apples, so they can wait. I love the smell and want to do them now!

looks like a perfect fall day on tap for us. http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/019/9/6/Emotes_in_seasons___Autumn_by_ILTBY.gif

DaisyDuck
09-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi all,

I've been hiding out since I went off-plan last weekend (well, including Friday and Monday!) when I was at a conference in Seattle and I wanted to get my actual weight back to match my ticker before reappearing. The good news is I'm down a pound past that now. Yay. So does this mean I can revert to Phase II instead of Phase I now? I was on Phase II when I went off plan...

Almost fall, I can't wait!

Cottage, tell about the Ren Faire. Any steampunk stuff there? My dh and I are really interested in that Victorian/Edwardian steam-tech sci-fi stuff and are trying to figure out how to be involved in some kind of community. Not much going on in Grand Rapids.

Cyndi, what do you do with the fruit and veggies once you dehydrate them? I may try to talk dh into going to a local orchard today. But there will be cider and pumpkin donuts there... Ack!

Deana

Pearlrose
09-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Good morning everyone,

Ruth did you enjoy the quilt show?

Debbie glad to hear that the pooch show went well though sounds like you were super busy.

Cottage sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday and I am like you have to do chores today.

Chelby and Kierie I had a similiar incidence when I was around 16 babysitting at a neighbors the kids were asleep and I was half asleep watching tv and heard someone trying to come in, scared me too death. I creeped into the kids room made sure they were okay and then grabbed a hugh glass ashtray, didn't have the presence of mind to call the cops. But then I heard the cops they were searching for whomever it was. I never even told the parents when they got home isn't that stupid...

Sunshine hope you got to enjoy your quiet night last night

Cyndi how did the hawk watching go yesterday?

Barb I am one of those people never have time to go out with friends.

Yesterday was a busy day- DD1 had a soccer game in the morning and then we went to the Scott AFB airshow and stayed there for the whole day, then went to try a new Mexican restaurant and it was great and the food was op even better. Today I need to tackle the dust and mildew living on the siding, this town put oil and rocks on the roads and this year they used something different and our street has been a complete dust bowl everytime a car drives by. We can't keep the cars or house clean- covered in dust. Hopefully a few more rains will wash away whatever they used.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

ETA: Hi Daisy that is great that you are back op as long as you don't have any cravings you can stay with Phase 2 otherwise a couple of days of Phase 1 should tackle those cravings.

CyndiM
09-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi Deanna! Nice to see you again :) The only reason to stay on Phase 1 is if you are having issues with cravings. Otherwise move back to Phase 2, slowly and carefully. Do you know why you went off plan? The more you can understand your own triggers the better you can plan to face them without sliding.

Most of the dehydrated vegetables end up in the crockpot. We do lots of stews and soups in the winter and I like having local veggies to bulk things up. The apples are all snack food. Apple rings are very popular in our house and with our friends so we will use all the apples I can dry.

I know what you mean about cider donuts. The thing is even when I ate stuff like that they were never as good as they smelled. Every year I'd get pulled in once and eat several then regret it. There's nothing as good as a crisp apple right off the tree. Enjoy those :)

Pearl - OP Mexican is a great find. It's hard enough to find good Mexican food east of CA! I just spent an hour on the mountain but it was a good hour :) Had about 60 birds with a few good looks. It was the perfect day to be up there - cool, clear and just a few wispy clouds :)

DaisyDuck
09-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the encouraging words, Pearl and Cyndi! I went off plan because I found myself relying completely on others for transportation/access to food. Part of the conference was at a National Records building with no restaurants nearby and the only food available from 9-5 was a box lunch that the organizers provided. If I hadn't gone off-plan I would have had to survive the whole day on the filling of the sandwich! I had arrived the night before and had no access to any kind of grocery from my hotel so I couldn't bring my own stuff either. Once I was off-plan, I was off-plan, mostly intentionally. My mom flew up for the conference Saturday night (it involved some of our family history), then took me out to dinner to celebrate me getting tenure on Sunday night, and while I was OP with my entree, I did have a hurricane as a cocktail.

Even Dr. Agatston acknowledges that things come up, so I'm not beating myself up about it all. But it was interesting how off-plan things weren't as enticing, even as I ate them. I thought I'd fall apart about finally eating white bread again, but I had very little pleasure in it for instance.

KO
09-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Hey ladies:
Up Early this morning Bonding with Publisher software GRRRRR
We're potentially going to a car show today with a friend of ours
:)
Chelb That's terrifying! I'd kinda like to get a tazer/stun gun for protection. When I'm out and about My mouth works best I once scared off a mugger that way!
Debbie So glad you had a good time!! Can't wait for pics!
Ruth Sounds like you have a full day on tap!
Cottage so glad you had a good time! that pie sounds divine
Cyn Now you have me craving apples!! I wish I had room in my pantry for yummies
Daisy Great work! its all striking a balance
Pearl OP mexican!! Yummy Airshows are so fun! We're going to Michigan in November for a wedding
ok DH is calling me time to hit the showers
Kierie

Ruthxxx
09-20-2009, 12:21 PM
CyndiM said "I keep reminding myself I have all of October for apples, so they can wait. I have to keep reminding myself of that. I have bananas in the dehydrator right now. I have too much to do between now and Tuesday evening to mess around with apples!

Took Jazz to Church this morning for the second time and he was delightful. He loves the hymns almost as much as his job of cleaning muffin crumbs off the floor. We went for milk and he had some more socialization and walking lessons in the store parking lot. Now I need to get on with human work. ;)

Glorious out there so I'm going to change into garden clothes and head out. :sunny: I can pack china this afternoon.

SunshineCA
09-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Sunshine hope you got to enjoy your quiet night last night.

I did! Thanks! :D

Today I will work around the house and prepare for the new week.

May you all enjoy this beautiful day.

Chelby29
09-20-2009, 04:20 PM
All this talk of fall makes me look forward to it. But, just so you remember, I complain every day it's below 40 degrees. :D

We found the dead mouse. Finally. Thankfully! It had gotten in the water catcher in the bottom of the refrigerator. I won't go into details, but it was BAD! I am so thankful it is gone!

It has finally stopped raining here. It's rained every day since last Saturday. The sun is out and I'm very excited. Auston and I are going on a ride when he wakes up from his 'day nap'. (As opposed to the 'night nap' we all take.)

It's been a nice weekend. Glad to have shared some of it with you guys. :)

cottagebythesea
09-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Chelby, I'm glad you finally found that mouse. That must have been a disgusting mess to clean up, eww! And congratulations on your new Tahoe!

We had a good day and got a ton of chores done. The pool is all closed up for the winter and all the pool toys are put away, the air conditioners are all put away, and we pulled up a lot of vines and old plants in the veggie garden and tidied it up and have a good start on our new lasagna garden. I just had a long, relaxing bubble bath and am settling in with a mug of tea before I head to bed. :)

Chelby29
09-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Cottage, Closing the pool.... It's so final! ;)

cottagebythesea
09-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Cottage, Closing the pool.... It's so final! ;)

I know! It's so sad to know the summer's over. :(

Chelby29
09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Come visit me. We have plenty left. We're going to the beach October 9th. WooHooo!!!