Old 09-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #1  

Default Any sub bars until my shipment arrives?

I have placed my shipment, but all I have left are the shakes that I hate- orange and strawberry- yuk. My shipment doesnt come in until Wednesday. I have been doing OK, but is there any protein bars that would be OK to sub for one meal in the morning? I can go look for some that are around 100 cal, 15 carb, 1.5 fat, but I didnt know if anyone already has any ideas...
mommyto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 287/245/135

Try the South Beach cereal bars.
GETTINGTOGOALIN2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #3  
Trying to keep it real

S/C/G: 204/199/170

Height: 5'7"

I downloaded and printed out the Product Nutrition Quick Profile chart from TSFL.com. It show all the nutritional info on thier foods by nutrition values. It's great! Here's the link:

http://www.tsfl.com/pdfs/resources/Product_Quick.pdf

I take it shopping with me and compare calories, fat, protein, fiber, carbs and sugar of all kinds of things. I've found several products I've added to our repertoire. For example: 4 Old London Brand "Melba Snack" crackers compare almost exactly in nutrition to the Medifast snack crackers, with the exception of 1 gram of fat. And they taste better, the Roasted Garlic ones are Yummy! And they aren't $15.50 a box!

Give it a shot.
Jehna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #4  

Awesome, thanks. My shipment is coming today and I have fallen off the last 2 days because I have been so hungry with only shakes.
mommyto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/135/110

i've tried the south beach bars as well and they are yummy! Not sure how they compare nutrition-wise to MF, but it's still less calories than what i used to eat. i tried the Atkins bars too - and thought they were pretty disgusting.
sarahzedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4.5

I agree wholeheartedly about the Atkin's bars. Anyone see the Friend's episode with the "mock-late" chocolate? Yeah, this stuff is even worse. Yuck!
losingitbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #7  

Can you make those shakes in a different way so you will like them? Maybe like a creamsicle and freeze it or make them with diet soda and lots of ice. Even if you substitute other bars for them in the meantime, they're still there. Might as well try a way to use them and not waste the money you spent. You can make shake cakes....Little "candies" by mixing syrups with the powder and freezing them. Maybe mixing with flavored water or flavored seltzer?
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote