Old 09-18-2009, 07:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/205.2/199

Height: 5'1

Default New :)

Hi everyone! My name is Nichole and I am 23. I am happily married to my amazing and supportive husband, Jason. I am new to this specific forum, but not to 3fc. At only 23, I can honestly say, I have tried every diet out there. I have been overweight most of my life. In around 9th grade, I was classified as obese and it didn't stop there. I am only 5'1" and in May 2008, I reached 225 pounds on my tiny frame. I did the low-fat approach, and got down to 195. But of course, I was starving all the time, and eventually starting binging. I am now around 205-210. I refuse to gain all my weight back. I purchased Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution yesterday. I am addicted to the book! He is so amazing, informative, and intelligent. My husband and I are going grocery shopping tonight and tomorrow will be the beginning of my new life I am so excited to flush out all this nasty junk that has been lingering in my body! I am so excited to become healthy. I can't wait until I can sing again without being out of breath. I can't wait until I can walk up the stairs without knee pain. I just can't wait for all of these benefits! I have never been so motivated and so sure that this is right for me and this is how I want to life my life... forever! My husband and I go out to eat once a week. When I was on WW or counting calories and fat grams, it was so difficult. I was forced to get a salad, hold the dressing. For breakfast, it was extremely difficult... egg beaters please! I can't wait to finally be able to get a nice large salad with veggies and grilled chicken... or a nice egg and cheese omelet. This life really seems just so easy... everything in the plan, even the induction phase, I enjoy!
I'm sorry to be rambling... I am just so excited for this new chapter in my life. I am so excited to never have to worry about what diet is next. This is it for me. I am so confident. Anyone thinking about Atkins, I recommend reading the book. It is such an eye-opener!!
Anyway, wish me luck! I will be stopping in often

Best of luck,
Nichole
NBaxter2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Nichole!
Sounds like you are super motivated & on the right track (reading DANDR BEFORE doing the plan!!)
I'm what I guess you would call an Atkins "veteran". Been on Atkins 5½ years. For anyone who tells you Atkins is a "fad diet" and not anything that can be done long-term....I beg to differ. What most people fail to realize is, there are 4 phases of Atkins....its not just the 20 carbs per day Induction phase....AND yes, Atkins advocates veggies, salads, fruits, legumes and WHOLE GRAINS! Which is my point why reading the book is so very critical to doing this plan correctly!
You might be interested in some delicious Atkins friendly recipes that will help you stay motivated....http://genaw.com/lowcarb/
Looking forward to hearing from you often!
You CAN do this!!!
All the best to you!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/205.2/199

Height: 5'1

Thank you so much for your warm welcoming! You are such an inspiration! Congratulations on your on-going success! I hope to some day be as successful, inspirational, and informative as yourself!
My husband and I didn't make it to the grocery store tonight. I do have eggs here though, so I am planning to make a nice egg omelet for breakfast and going to the grocery store shortly after
My husband, Jason, actually told me tonight he is looking forward to the living Atkins. I said "What do you mean?" and he informed me that he wanted to do it with me! What an inspiration to have the other person in the household having the same goals! He has a significantly less amount of weight to lose than I do, but it is still wonderful!
I am looking forward to our long & healthy future together!
NBaxter2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

to you & to Jason!!!
Its great to hear he is being so supportive. That means a great deal when you are trying to lose weight. The last thing you need is an unsupportive partner.
My DBF is extremely supportive as well. He, himself started eating low carb when he was told he had high cholesterol. By doing this and getting some moderate exercise, his total cholesterol went from 275 to 195...more importantly his triglycerides went from 184 to 114....all without dangerous statin drugs!
The 2 of you can encourage each other & keep each other motivated! This will keep you both positive
You CAN do this!!
All the best to the both of you!!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 09-19-2009 at 08:07 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

That is great that your husband is joining you -- will definitely make things easier at first. My husband just joins in adding butter and cream but still eats the carbs -- doesn't get it!
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote