Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-18-2009, 01:47 AM   #1  
the rainbow of my life

S/C/G: 196/190/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Motivation Required/Desired!

Hi everyone,
I've just been poking around the site for almost an hour, and thought that this was a cool, supportive place to be, so I joined!

Over the last five years, I've gone from being an incredibly active outgoing individual who thrived at any activity to someone who has fully embraced the commuter lifestyle and the desk job that comes with it. I've never enjoyed cooking, and though I love, love LOVE vegetables, I'm never home enough so every time I buy them, they spoil...

To make matters worse, I moved in to a new city with the love of my life who is a stick, and can eat and eat for days, without gaining weight. He doesn't exercise, and isn't "into" activity. I'm slowly starting to reintroduce these things into my life (healthy living, healthy eating) but I'm feeling like I'm all alone here. I haven't got that community around me yet that will help me get back to being me, but healthier, and weighing less than I do now.

To be honest, I haven't been near a scale in years, but I'm guessing I weigh somewhere just under 200lbs. At 5'4" that's far too heavy to be healthy, and far too heavy to feel good about myself. So I'm embracing the change that is needed for me to find myself, but I'm going to need some serious help.

My first step is to weigh/measure myself to see where I'm at. Well, actually, my first step is to BUY a scale so that I can weigh and measure myself, and then I'll know how many pounds I want to drop to reach my goal of about 145/150.

Wish me luck, and I hope I'll be able to get to know some of you and return the support.

Stephanie !
thebitterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:55 AM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Stephanie! You are taking the first step that I took in January, and that was to swallow my pride and step on the scale (245 was the number I saw...gulp). Your attitude about this journey seems to be very sensible and well thought out, so I predict great success for you!

I don't have much of a community in real life that supports my health mission, so I am very, very grateful for this forum. I hope that you find it as helpful as I have--this feels like my second home, sometimes. Again, welcome--I look forward to getting to know you and to celebrate your success with you!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Welcome on board! You`ll get so, so much motivation here!!
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Welcome to 3FC -- you have found the best place for support!

I'm also a veggie lover. Even so, fresh veggies often go bad in my fridge cuz I just don't get around to cooking them. I have two tips:

1) Frozen veggies are often even better for you than fresh veggies. Fresh veggies that have been shipped and sitting around in the super market have lost many nutrients. Plus, frozen veggies don't go bad and a lot of prep work is done. So for veggies that I would cook anyway, I use frozen (my freezer is stocked with broccoli, spinach, pepper strips, onions, squash,. brussels, oriental mixes, snap pea pods, haricots verts, peas, asparagus, carrots etc). An easy lunch "entree" is to open a bag of veggie mix and let it "stew" in a can of light soup for a bit.

2) For those veggies ya gotta have fresh (like lettuce), find some of those green produce bags. They really do extend the (fridge) shelf life.

Cook healthy for yourself and if your SO wants to partake, enough for him too. But if he wants to eat unhealthy food (or food that is just too darn tempting for you) then it should be up to him to prepare it for himself. Of course, first you probably want to have a talk with him and discuss some of the reasons you want to get healthier and ask for his support. My husband is very supportive and it's made my journey a whole lot easier.

Good luck!!!

Last edited by yoyoma; 09-18-2009 at 07:08 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Stephanie and welcome to 3FC!

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #6  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Hello, Stephanie, and welcome to the forums. This is a great community and you will find plenty support here.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote