Old 09-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #1  

Default Confussed

OK so this is me back again a few month ago i lost 20 pounds and was doing great but then i dont know what happened i just lost track and gained it all back. Just happy i didnt gain more. I dont know how i got started last time and im just starting this all over again and im so lost i dont know what to do. . So gonna re start this because i want to feel better about myself and go out and be confident not worrying about what people see in me. Maybe you guys could give me some suggestions on how to get back on track.
bored15541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:37 AM   #2  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Well, bored15541, you've already made a good start by posting here. We are all behind you 100%. What is your current lifestyle like? Eating habits? The first thing I would suggest is to not worry about what other people think. You can only control yourself. Focus on what you can do and take things one step at a time. Good luck.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Well you are making that first important step, restarting. That's Great. What works best for me, is to plan, plan, plan. Having lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and trying to "clean out the junk" from the house. Also getting in lots of water, and if you're ready, some exercise, these both help me to stay focused, tend to want to stay on plan when I've done a bit of sweating!!

One thing that really helps me to stay the course, is visiting here, lots of great advice and support from all. Good Luck to you!
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:47 AM   #4  

Thanks. My eating habits have been out of convenience im working a lot more my stress has gone up. Tomorrow after work im going to go buy a lot of veggies and fruit. Get back into my old rhythm if i can find it lol. Happy i can come here for support.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

My advice is get back on whatever program worked for you before. Have one good day. Then, have two good days and keep building on it. You will have momentum going in your favor sooner than you think. You don't have to be perfect, just keep going.

Best of luck to you! Glad you came here to get support!

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

knowing to STOP and come back here is a good step! I agree, do whatever it was that worked for you before, and make a plan on how to maintain and keep going. I posted a thread about re-gaining not too long ago and almost everyone says the best way to avoid it is to NOT BE ON A DIET right?? if you're ON a diet, you go OFF a diet. If it's just life, it is what it is

My favourite tip a friend gave me: EAT DINNER WEARING SUPER TIGHT PANTS hahahah weird but it worked for me back then. I could barely do them up and it was so uncomfortable i didn't eat much and was super motivated to stick with it LOL
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #8  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

What sort of lan were you on that you went "off?" Was it too restrictive before--or was it sensible--and you just started eating for comfort, or to relieve stress, or whatever?

Talk about it here, if you like, or journal. It's important that you figure out what happened so you can learn from it.

I quit smoking a MILLION times before the last time--and each time I started up again--I learned something for the next time.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #9  

I was eatting sensibly my whole mind set was in healthy mode, then i got another job and family stress no time for myself so i just gave in to getting whats easiest for me to eat, then when i got stressed i'd buy chocolate and chips and pig out, i never stopped drinking water though just havent gotten enough. Its frustrating to start over and get over these cravings again, but if i want to be healthier then i have to fight threw it.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #10  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Well, ahem, I've certainly been there! In fact, I'm feeling very lazy today and having a slice of toast as "snack" right now would be so much easier than fixing myself something healthy--like a protein of some sort and veggies. (I try to have veggies at every meal.) But I have to cut my veggies--and that's a pain.

So, you know what? It sounds like I need to go and do what I was just going to tell you--have some stuff already ready in the fridge. For example, I made some wonderful vegetable soup, Sunday. A BIG pot. Unfortunately, it's all gone, now, but if I had it, that would be super easy to get out of the fridge and nuke.

As well, I like to have wraps for lunch: so I keep some onion cut up in the fridge, and some carrots grated. I could do the same with peppers.

In fact, having cut up veggies on hand all the time for a quick snack is always a good idea. Oh--and I LOVE a bag of sugar snap peas, too.

Good luck. You can do this. You really can.

Last edited by Alana in Canada; 09-17-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #11  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

When I get home from grocery shopping, I wash the carrots, grapes, tomatoes, strawberries, etc. and get them in containers in the frig so I can just grab and go. I am going to start making some of the WW zero point veggie soup on a regular basis too. I need more zero and 1 point foods.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #12  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Ugh, so the emotional eating goblin got you again, huh! Man I hate that beasty.

Here's what I do when that happens (and it happened only last week - sigh). I focus on the next few days. I organise my food, I avoid triggers, I treat myself with non-food rewards and I exercise at least a little every day. After three days, I've generally refound my mojo, and kicked the emotional eating goblin a fair distance away. Good luck. (And everytime you restart, it's easier! Promise)
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #13  

Yes im going to have to start Pre making stuff when i get home from work i picked up a few things after work last night didnt have a lot of time to get everything i wanted. Somedays its just hard somedays because one of my jobs is a cashier at walmart and i see people who bring up the chocolate and chip (with Halloween coming up people are starting to buy the candy for then not that i think its really gonna last till Halloween lol) mostly chocolate that gets me though. I just need to get threw the first couple of weeks and i should be back on track. Thank you all for your suggestions and support