The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Season 8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Pages : [1] 2 3

Diva
09-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Second Chances.
Discuss away.... I'm so excited!!!! :D

WardHog
09-15-2009, 09:08 PM
I am too, but I probably won't be able to watch until tomorrow.

EveLHaelf
09-15-2009, 09:14 PM
OMG I am sooooooooooo stoked! :D I'm going to be watching all two hours of it tonight on the tredmill! I figured that was waaaaay more productive towards my weight loss goals than to sit on my butt on the couch and watch it, lol. I will absolutely be back here tonight after watching it to discuss! :carrot:

Ever since I started watching the show, Jillian was my favorite. But since her recent 'diet pills' have been revealed, I'm not that in to her. But we shall see how things turn out!

Diva
09-15-2009, 09:36 PM
OMG Abby! I love her, She totally made me cry my eyes out! She's my Favorite so far. What a horrible thing to happen and yet she is trying to be positive. I'm rooting for them all but she just touched my soul.:val1:

ellgee
09-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Diva! I totally agree!!! I just finished crying my eyeballs out, too. I think Abby is going to be a very special contestant this season.

Noellem87
09-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Me too what an inspiration she is wow!

Mom2QJandT
09-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Abby made me cry too! She's going to be a fan favorite. I like Rebecca too. I liked Traci at the start, but she's not been in the episode enough to get to know her.

Aclai4067
09-15-2009, 10:24 PM
I missed the first hour. I walked in when Shae said she was giving up and walked out. If she hadn't gone back in I would have been pissed. So many people wanted that opportunity, it's so not okay to waste it.

Nella
09-15-2009, 11:03 PM
I cried my freaking eyes out the whole episode. Abby's story was heart wrenching, but she is so positive and so full of life. She really is inspirational.

hbieber2006
09-15-2009, 11:15 PM
OMG i spent most of the night crying my eyes out but the most upsetting to me was when tracy went down and had to be taken to the hospital i was crying my eyes out because i was on my weigh to being that person and i was crying cause i was sad for her and happy because i have lost 30 lbs and i am NEVER going back to being as heavy as i was which was 332 lbs and it really made me reaffirm what i am doing this for and now it is no longer IF i get to 140 lbs it is WHEN because i will make it!

sorry to ramble
looking forward to next weeks show
Heather

Diva
09-15-2009, 11:27 PM
WTG Heather! 30 lbs is awesome! Look at you under 300 now! Keep up the good work girly!!!!

I basically cried and snotted my way through the entire show too, LOL! I'm happy with the one that got sent home. :)

Cape Breton Chick
09-15-2009, 11:41 PM
I am another crier.. lol within the first 10 min. A big Abbey fan here too as well as Coach Mo and Dan.. I liked Tracey too and am looking forward to seeing her next week! I like how they are being trained by both Jillian and Bob..I am excited for this season.. I think it is going to be intense. I was shocked at how aggressive the trainers were right out of the gates.. well not so much surprise frm Jillian but Bob was a tyrant tonight too.. lol i liked it! haha
I think this is going to be an amazing season.. I was so moved and motivated watching tonight...looking forward to watching next week.. PVR is preset for all new episodes just in case!! lol

Bigmid
09-15-2009, 11:43 PM
It was a good show tonight and I too cried. Mostly at the beginning when they were telling their stories. Abbys story was heartbreaking and having to go through that would seem impossible. I also cried as it hit home that hey I too am taking on the challange and hope to go through the 12 weeks with a constant loss. I just really made me think about where I am and where I want to be.

Ilene
09-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Abby even made Jillian cry!! I bet Jillian will never be able to yell at her like she does the others...

I thought it was a great show...

hbieber2006
09-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Hi guys...

Diva...thank you 30 lbs is a lot and i feel so much better and have more energy now but i am excited to lose more cause my mom told me that i havent seen anything yet as far as energy goes its only gonna get better so im excited i am hoping to be 60 lbs down by xmas that is another one of my mini-goals.

Bigmid..i am looking forward to also losing weight along with them this is why i am so excited about this season because in previous seasons i was one of those people sitting on the couch eating chips and drinking pop..well i am not eating chips anymore but i still do have a diet pepsi once in a while so i am looking forward to seeing how much i am able to lose every week along with them!

Btw...anyone that is interested tonight on QVC at midnight Ali from season 5 is going to be on there talking about biggest loser products so im definately gonna check it out to see what they have i cant afford to buy anything but it will be good to see her i have her as a friend on my facebook page which is really cool and i also have max morelli mike from season 7's brother so i will stop rambling now

have a good night all
Heather

mandalinn82
09-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Oh man. I think it took me until minute 5 to start weeping. This show GETS to me.

EveLHaelf
09-16-2009, 12:57 AM
OMG This show gets to me too! Abby's story is absolutely heart breaking and the fact that she made Jillian cry too was crazy! I cried when Jillian was talking about how if anything like that happened to her she would want to kill herself but seeing how strong Abby was made her re think that. It really hit home for me on that topic. I also got teary eyed when everyone was helping that lady cross the finish line at the beginning (sorry I'm terrible with names.) I am also excited to be losing along with the contestants. The show is very inspiring.

There was so much swearing! Bob and Jillian working together is a great idea. They were awesome! They kind of reminded me of a drill instructor with all the swearing and yelling, lol.

But yes, I agree, amazing episode! Can't wait til next week.

zoochick777
09-16-2009, 01:34 AM
OMG Abby completely got to me too. I can't even begin to imagine what she has had to go through. It is definitely inspiring to see that she has such a positive attitude towards life. She is definitely my favorite on the show so far. I've never actually watched a full season before. Last season was the one I watched the most. I can't wait to see this season in it's entirety!

practiceliving
09-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Shay said something that really resonated with me - "I'm really angry with myself!" UM HELLO thanks for putting words to what I have been feeling lately!

I really really wish they had intervened sooner for Tracy during the mile. Like, I get that she had the heart and the drive to finish, but honestly I think that the way it was portrayed was irresponsible. I really really did NOT need to watch that. There is a line for the shock tactics and I really think that a med-evac goes FAR beyond it.

mamaspank
09-16-2009, 02:11 AM
There have already been a couple deaths with reality television shows across seas, and what makes America so different? I think they are really crossing the line in terms of pushing. I mean, it is great to get people out of their comfort zones, but I just feel like the first episode is always about vomiting and being told you have Type II diabetes. It is great to see their weight loss numbers for the first week, but it is really getting outlandish. I thought the whole thing with Bob saying they could only give her ten minutes to test her to see if she was just wanting attention after Jillian said a day was a bit much. I realize it is a competition show and people are there to change their lives, but what about when somebody gets brain damage or loses their life?

Twilightwing
09-16-2009, 02:30 AM
loved the show tonight, and like most of you i balled thruout most of it. abby really got to me.. i honestly dont know what makes the woman get out of bed each day and continue to breathe in and out. She is going to be inspirational this season i feel.
as for when(bad with names) quit, i was really mad.. i thought about all the people that would kill for her spot there and she was giving up that fast.. im really happy she went back in and changed her tude.
coach mo gets to me as well.. he started out at such a disadvantage and pulled it off.. he just seems like a really nice man.
as for the one that got voted off... it looks like they made the right decision since she has lost (60?) lbs since then.. she Was able to do it on her own, where julio might not have been able to.
i just loved the show from beginning to end, cryed, chuckled, and really enjoyed myself.. didnt exercise during as when i move my abcessed teeth pound lol, but will next week:)

kayleystar
09-16-2009, 05:54 AM
So happy it's back! I've been missing it all summer. A friend of mine is actually good friends with Abby, which I didn't find out until tonight. Kinda crazy. Heh.

Anyhow, I was happy with who they voted off, as Alexandria seemed a bit Diva-ish to me...just the way she was reacting to Julio's 'lack of loss' in her eyes.

SO happy Dan's back!! He's just spectacular.

maryshady
09-16-2009, 08:27 AM
I loved the show last night. I cried thru most of it and I already had read Abbey story but it just gets to me every time I hear it. I know one of my greatest fears has always been something happening to one of my children and I think it really hits home to a lot of us mom's.

Mama-I agree with you about them going over the top with the training. We are talking about 6 or 7 people very close to or over 400 lbs! I have a brother who weighs around 450 with asthma and I couldn't imagine him doing those workouts. I think a lot of the taping is done for dramatic effect too though.

So far I really like everyone this season. Hope that doesn't change. :)

Nella
09-16-2009, 10:22 AM
I haven't watched before this season, but do they focus on their eating plans eventually? I saw all the workouts they do, but (unless I missed it) I didn't see them talk about what sort of nutritional plan they are on.

It was amazing to me that those people could lose 15, 20, 28 pounds in a week! I didn't think that was possible.

MindiV
09-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Right now I'm a Coach Mo fan!!

My husband and I BOTH get annoyed at the "reasoning" they use when they reveal their votes. It's always "You can do it at home" or the implication that one NEEDS to be there over the other because he or she has kids at home.

To me, Julio didn't work as hard during the week. His partner lost as much as the other women, and he was many pounds below the other men of a comparable weight. It would've been smarter to get rid of Julio NOW before his motivation kicks in and he becomes a threat, IMO...But they're not "playing the game" yet, I suppose...it's the warm and fuzzy time...

maryquitecontrary
09-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Last night was my first experience with the biggest loser. I decided to check it out because I'm a 1/3 of the way through Jillian's 30 day shred. (boy is she peachy compared to on the show!)

I really thought I was the only one balling my eyes out last night. I couldn't stop. There were just so many personal triggers throughout the entire show. I can't wait to see how it develops. I am a Coach Moe and Rebbecca fan so far. Its really nice to hear I wasn't alone.

zinkemomx2
09-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Anyhow, I was happy with who they voted off, as Alexandria seemed a bit Diva-ish to me...just the way she was reacting to Julio's 'lack of loss' in her eyes. That was my first thought. As soon as she reacted I hoped they would fall below so she would be sent home. I think if they would have been safe this week it would have turned into another Joelle/Carla situation.

My husband and I BOTH get annoyed at the "reasoning" they use when they reveal their votes. It's always "You can do it at home" or the implication that one NEEDS to be there over the other because he or she has kids at home. How much do you really know about someone you have only known a week'ish. Nothing. The elimination seems so contrived. Almost like they pick reasons out of a hat and that is what they have to say.

I would really love if they did one season where there was no immunity. Lowest percentage lost goes home. End.Of.Story. Or maybe keep everyone on the ranch the whole time and the biggest loser wins.

Lizzyg
09-16-2009, 12:33 PM

My husband and I BOTH get annoyed at the "reasoning" they use when they reveal their votes. It's always "You can do it at home" or the implication that one NEEDS to be there over the other because he or she has kids at home.

To me, Julio didn't work as hard during the week. His partner lost as much as the other women, and he was many pounds below the other men of a comparable weight. It would've been smarter to get rid of Julio NOW before his motivation kicks in and he becomes a threat, IMO...But they're not "playing the game" yet, I suppose...it's the warm and fuzzy time...

Thats kind of how I feel - they make it sound like because he has kids, he's more important, and NEEDS to be there more than her. Maybe because I dont have kids, and know that its still hard to do it at home, that reasoning always bothers me.

Anyway, she looked really good after losing 60 lbs! And I so think she has a crush on Dan - he's the only one her age there, and he seemed REALLY upset that she was leaving.

I'd also like to see a season where no one goes home too - that would be kind of neat to see.

crcossel
09-16-2009, 12:53 PM
I haven't watched before this season, but do they focus on their eating plans eventually? I saw all the workouts they do, but (unless I missed it) I didn't see them talk about what sort of nutritional plan they are on.

It was amazing to me that those people could lose 15, 20, 28 pounds in a week! I didn't think that was possible.

No they don't. Its not supposed to tell you exactly what they do. But, on Jillian's radio show she has gone over a couple of times a typical day for them. She had also mentioned that the guys are on an 1800 cal diet and the girls 1200. And that they have a high day once a week....typically right after the wiegh in. about 2000 and 2800 calories...

Diva
09-16-2009, 01:04 PM
loved the show tonight, and like most of you i balled thruout most of it. abby really got to me.. i honestly dont know what makes the woman get out of bed each day and continue to breathe in and out. She is going to be inspirational this season i feel.

I feel the same way. If I were to lose my entire family in the blink of an eye the way Abby has, I would want to crawl into a hole and die. I honestly don't know how she does it much less with the positive attitude she has. She's truly a special person.

Anyhow, I was happy with who they voted off, as Alexandria seemed a bit Diva-ish to me...just the way she was reacting to Julio's 'lack of loss' in her eyes.

That's exactly why I was glad they fell below the yellow line and I was sooo happy it was her that went. She had a bad attitude. "Let's immediately blame the other person"..Whateve....

I hope it stays Warm & Fuzzy for a while. it's when they all start "playing the game" that peoples bad sides come out and then the show is less inspiring for me. I still think they made the right decision since she's gone on to lose 60 lbs.

Mercy03
09-16-2009, 01:26 PM
One of the best opening shows they ever had. I am not a crierbut I did last night.

It's going to be hard to pick somebody to root for this year, but I am still leaning towards daniel.:)

QuilterInVA
09-16-2009, 02:25 PM
One thing to remember, these people have been thoroughly checked out by all kinds of doctors and are under medical supervision all the time. They spend 24 hours a day focusing on weight loss. I'm glad Alexandria was sent home. She sure had a surly attitude. This is going to be a very interesting season. Right now I'm leaning toward Coach Mo and Daniel.

Have you noticed they are still using Ali for their products and website? People really didn't like that chick that won from last season (sorry, I've forgotten her name already).

ellgee
09-16-2009, 02:38 PM
HELEN!!! LOL!

I couldn't stand Helen at all starting from midway in last season.

Ali was always a sweetheart.

As it stands now, Coach Mo and Abby are my peeps. I, too, like the warm fuzzy part of the competition. I was a huge Brown team fan last season until Ron started acting like a jerk and Michael got a swollen head.

But then again, we are subjected to "creative editing."

EveLHaelf
09-16-2009, 06:04 PM
HELEN!!! LOL!

I couldn't stand Helen at all starting from midway in last season.

Ali was always a sweetheart.

As it stands now, Coach Mo and Abby are my peeps. I, too, like the warm fuzzy part of the competition. I was a huge Brown team fan last season until Ron started acting like a jerk and Michael got a swollen head.

But then again, we are subjected to "creative editing."

I HATED Helen! As soon as she sent her own daughter home instead of herself, I hated her. And the fact that she won instead of Tara really irked me even more. She looked soooooo unhealthy at the finale. She was a skeleton! And Ron acting like the dang 'godfather'.... ugh!

lol but enough about last season :dizzy:

I also think that they should include more nutritional advice and show the trainers teaching them how to do some of the exercises. Because I know that at the beginning they aren't just throwing them on a machine and yelling "GO GO GO!" THey have to be doing SOME kind of explaining. I personally would much rather see more exercising instead of all the drama of the weigh ins and eliminations. I mean, in the two hour show last night we only got about an hour for introductions, the challenge, the medical stuff the last chance workout but then they dedicated the entire last hour to the weight in and elimination. And I hate how after about every 2 people/teams weigh in they go to commercial.

Good episode though, very touching. I'm looking forward to next week.

blkbarbie25
09-16-2009, 09:00 PM
for some reason my tivo didnt record it :(
where can i find it online ?

Mercy03
09-17-2009, 01:21 AM
NBC.com. You can bring up previous episodes.

zinkemomx2
09-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Ron, Mike, Helen, and Shannon are going to be in Northern Michigan in a few weeks to run the Mackinaw Bridge. http://www.mackinawcity.com/fall-colors-bridge-race-107/

rachinma
09-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Making a contestant run a mile at 400+ pounds is irresponsible. I'll continue to watch the show, but feel dirty for getting entertained at the expense of others and their struggles.

crcossel
09-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Oh come on...the smart ones didn't run it....they just walked at their own pace. The goal is to show them they don't know their own strength...

Annita
09-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Oh come on...the smart ones didn't run it....they just walked at their own pace. The goal is to show them they don't know their own strength...

I agree. But then again, no one wants to lose. So it's still tempting for everyone to want to win, though the one who's gonna win is so obvious when the guy from season 7 came in - he lost 100 lbs+ compare to these newbies, so obviously he's gonna win. No point anymore for that reward lol.

Hun.e.B
09-19-2009, 01:03 PM

Absolutely!! Not to mention theyve been thru the medical testing if the docs didnt think they should they'd have been warned. We saw them do that with Ron and he CHOSE to push on anyway. Not to say its not scary as all **** (some of us need to see the scary side of obesity) and I bet they didnt think that would happen but she did choose to run rather than walk. I just hope they talk about what happened and why its taken so long for her to recover.

Totally hoping for Abbey, love that woman's spirit!

sportmom
09-19-2009, 07:54 PM
The bleeping is hard enough to watch with kids in the room, but what about Jillian calling someone "b!tch". (had to edit it bc the site blocked that word in my first post) Did that bother anyone? My dd looked at me at that point with shock and so I had to take a stand and turn it off. It saddened me, I just think it could be a more powerful show with a little more creative language skills and less reliance on street words, ya know?

ETA: If 3fc edits it out I guess that's my answer :D

mara11jade
09-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Just wanted to say that I watched the season premiere of season 8 and it was the first time EVER I had seen TBL. I was immediately hooked! I quickly went on to hulu.com and watch the last few episodes they had on there (from the makeover on).

Sooooo inspired to go on a TBL journey. Just love it!

blkbarbie25
09-20-2009, 03:52 PM
im really hoping that shay or the lady with the green top wins
because there stories are heartbreaking

suzie42
09-21-2009, 12:06 PM
I was out of town last week and just got done watching the premier on DVR...I was totally crying my eyes out. ...and Abby I feel for her...I just can't imagine...OMG... I think she is going to inspire so many people who feel like they have no hope...

I would really love if they did one season where there was no immunity. Lowest percentage lost goes home. End.Of.Story. Or maybe keep everyone on the ranch the whole time and the biggest loser wins.

There are so many times I thought this! I mean Alexandra worked hard but she went home because Julio dragged her below the yellow line with him...and he got to stay.
It always got to me too when in past seasons, when a team threw a weigh in to send someone home. There's not much you can do when that happens no matter how hard you try.

I also think that the crush Alexandra has, has got to be for Daniel. :)

Can't wait for Tuesday nights show! Looks like it's going to be a good season!

~Suzie

:cheer3: :goodluck: everyone! :cheer3:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/cartoonapple01/lb/212/140/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

mamaspank
09-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Thank goodness for DVR. This is one of the most over-produced shows on tv. I too am sick of the overacting with Jillian and Bob. I think it's great that the show has inspired people, which is the sole reason I watch it. And the inspiration comes from the contestants -- not Bob or Jillian anymore.

trekkiegirl
09-21-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm not crazy about the overuse of the profanity but I'll still watch the show. It doesn't even bother me so much that they say it but that the producers/editors choose to hype it. Elements of the show are turned into jokes on the production end...like the effect of the ground shaking when one of the contestants falls or jumps or the spliced in/misleading reactions when the show goes to commercial during the weigh-ins. I mentioned in the TBL Australia on youtube thread that their scenes are so much longer than ours, whereas ours aim for the shock value. I mean, what was played over and over on the gossip shows last season but Bob's tirade on Joelle.

I wonder if the fact that there are no Bob vs Jillian teams this season is something Jillian negotiated for. I wonder if they agreed to some of her conditions to get her to come back but also said, okay, just make sure you play up the drama. Both trainers seemed so disconnected and acting last week. Maybe that changed as they got to know the contestants.

BTW...Alexandra is dating Antoine. You can google it. Now..although his bio says he's single, it makes me wonder who that woman was he was kissing who was holding a baby (during one of his voiceovers). Makes me wonder if he ditched a girlfriend and newborn.

Much as I like having Daniel back, I have my doubts he's going to last very long. Percentage-wise, I think orange team was in 2nd-to-last place last week. Shay is big and is going to have to lose a high percentage. The minute orange goes below, Daniel is gone because he's proven he can do it at home and because Shay obviously needs to be there.

Did anybody else notice when they were showing past contestants, they showed Helen but not her winning moment and went to Tara and Mike? It seemed like they knew Helen went too far and didn't want to show that.

QuilterInVA
09-22-2009, 07:55 PM
I think Helen is not going to be promoted like past winners and contestants because she went too far and people just don't like her. She certainly is self-centered. I wonder how her daughter is doing now.

EveLHaelf
09-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Did anybody else notice when they were showing past contestants, they showed Helen but not her winning moment and went to Tara and Mike? It seemed like they knew Helen went too far and didn't want to show that.

I noticed that too! I do think that Helen went waaaay to far just to win. She looked sickly! I was rooting for Tara to win and when Helen showed up looking like a skeleton I was so angry. Tara looked healthy and vibrant. Helen looked scrawny and haggard.

Looking forward to tonight's episode! I'll be on the tredmill again. :D

suzie42
09-22-2009, 08:45 PM
I noticed that too! I do think that Helen went waaaay to far just to win. She looked sickly! I was rooting for Tara to win and when Helen showed up looking like a skeleton I was so angry. Tara looked healthy and vibrant. Helen looked scrawny and haggard.

Looking forward to tonight's episode! I'll be on the tredmill again. :D

I know, I was shocked when I saw Helen at the finale. I knew she had to have been starving herself for at least 24 hours with that explanation from her of what she was doing to get ready for the show. WOW

Tara to me was a total inspiration. All she did was tell herself to stay above the yellow line and she did it the whole season. Impressive.

I'd be on the treadmill with ya, but mine died a few months back. :)

~Suzie

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/cartoonapple01/lb/212/140/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Lizzyg
09-23-2009, 10:07 AM
In this weeks TV Guide, they have a small article on Alexandria and Antoine. They're together, and she's lost 70 something lbs so far. They couldn't say how much he's lost, but there is a picture of the two of them, and they look great!

So, can anyone tell me what exactly happened to the woman who went to the hospital? They've never actually said what was wrong.

I liked how they didn't kick anyone off last night.

I loved Tara, and follow her on facebook. Seeing the contestants do a marathon last season, inspired me to start running, and I love it.

MindiV
09-23-2009, 10:12 AM
I also wondered what was wrong with her...since they didn't ever say, it makes me believe it was some OTHER problem, like a heart defect or something not related to her weight. I figure if it'd been something caused by her weight, they'd have harped on it forever...

Twilightwing
09-23-2009, 10:17 AM
In this weeks TV Guide, they have a small article on Alexandria and Antoine. They're together, and she's lost 70 something lbs so far. They couldn't say how much he's lost, but there is a picture of the two of them, and they look great!

So, can anyone tell me what exactly happened to the woman who went to the hospital? They've never actually said what was wrong.

I liked how they didn't kick anyone off last night.

I loved Tara, and follow her on facebook. Seeing the contestants do a marathon last season, inspired me to start running, and I love it.

I googled about what happened to tracy and as far as i can tell it was heat stroke.. thats all i could find about it anyhow...

julio suprised me last night.. i wasnt expecting him to lose so much.. i figured tracy would lose an okay amt of weight since it was really her 'first' week even tho she isnt in the gym like the rest. i was really happy for them that they made the weight loss they needed and they broke the second week curse:)

blkbarbie25
09-23-2009, 02:06 PM
1. shay needs to worry about her own work outs
2.what was the point of giving them the 150 goal if they can do advantages for half the show ?
3.the host allison is so boring :( i wish that job went to a past winner
4. the product placement in the show is almost shameless

Ilene
09-23-2009, 04:25 PM
1. shay needs to worry about her own work outs
2.what was the point of giving them the 150 goal if they can do advantages for half the show ?
3.the host allison is so boring :( i wish that job went to a past winner
4. the product placement in the show is almost shamelessDitto on all four comments :lol: ...

Nella
09-23-2009, 04:47 PM
I second that Ilene!

EveLHaelf
09-23-2009, 05:51 PM
When Coach mo started pep talking the whole group I got a flashback of Ron x.x I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Ron!

It's so annoying when there is a contestant on the show who can't work out like the rest of the group. I may just be being harsh, but I just get tired of seeing it. Tracy was in the hospital for over a week that's just crazy.

If you guys think Allison is bad, you should have seen the previous host. I can't even remember her name but man was she bad!

I am beginning to see why that Alex chick was angry with Julio though. He doesn't seem to have the much motivation when it comes to working out on his own. That's just how they made it look this week atleast.

This week's episode wasn't as emotional/inspiring to me as the first episode was. The phone calls home were touching, and I'm glad they won the balance challenge, but that's about it.

I miss Tara, lol.

happeningf
09-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Is it just me who is annoyed by tracy? I mean I know people have their limits but she was SO dramatic falling all over the place at the beach, and YES no explanation on why she was in hospital!?!?! She's not as big as many of the other contestants yet she struggled and complained through the balance thing and just seems to be so dramatic.

happeningf
09-23-2009, 08:13 PM
and Julio legit makes Robert Deniro facial expressions, haha

Lizzyg
09-23-2009, 08:28 PM
I think they played up Julio's "non exercising". He said at the weigh in that he tends to do it on his own. It obviously showed he was doing something right, to have a large WL this week as well as a decent one last week.

Shay - yeah, she needs to focus on herself and not what everyone else (mainly Julio, but I think she was just pissed that Alexandria was sent home instead) is doing or not doing.

I'm really liking the the blue team. They seem like they have a good partnership going.

I dont think Mo will be Ron Jr. I think that was his coach side coming out.

I'm having a hard time with remembering everyone's names!

Hun.e.B
09-23-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one annoyed by Shay.

I still want to know what the heck is the matter with Tracey. To be in the hospital for a week, and then they wont release her to exercise...thats gotta be more than heatstroke.

I dont know why but I was just a little bored last night, could it be because there are just too many people to keep track of?

mamaspank
09-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Is it just me who is annoyed by tracy? I mean I know people have their limits but she was SO dramatic falling all over the place at the beach, and YES no explanation on why she was in hospital!?!?! She's not as big as many of the other contestants yet she struggled and complained through the balance thing and just seems to be so dramatic.

She is driving me bananas! Wasn't she a Marine? I really look to the women to stand out, and I have been disappointed with all but one. I think it's great that they are taking really unhealthy people and pushing them completely beyond their means, but I would love a season or a spinoff show that took some people who maybe are 60 to 80 pounds overweight and see what they could do in the same allotted time. I mean, the result wouldn't be as shocking, but I would love to see it just the same. I wonder how different the show would be.

I think this is the first season to give any kind of idea of the amount of calories they are expected to burn per day. Was it 6000? Did I hear that correctly?

MindiV
09-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I heard 6,000 too....gosh...I'm having a GOOD workout if I burn 350 in 30 minutes...

Kimphin
09-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Then that makes sense since they are working out 8 hours per day.

MBN
09-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Yeah, that's what Bob said. (although I think the 1200 calorie target was for women and men had something like 1500). The only way to get a massive weight loss is to establish a massive calorie deficit.

I did the math: 6000 calories burned minus 1200 calories eaten is a 4800 calorie deficit. At 3500 calories per pound, that theoretically would result in a 9-10 pound loss per week. I believe the body bugg is measuring regular metabolic activity too, so probably 2000-3000 calories a day is accounted for in basal metabolic rate at their body weights. Then they would have to "burn" another 3000-4000 calories in activity. Moderate exercise for them would burn on the order of 500 calories per hour = 8 hours of movement. Challenging, but not impossible.

I can't help it, I'm a scientist by training.

What I can't see is how they manage to keep their energy levels going at that exercise intensity. I've had a few "calorie burn" days like that during my hiking/backpacking vacations -- try 14 mile day hikes with pack over challenging terrain! But, I had to EAT to be able to keep hiking for 6-7 hours, and do it again day after day. If I ingested only 1200 calories (and that's right about my BMR) and tried to keep up THAT level of intense activity, I'd be freakin' hungry and falling on my nose from lack of energy.

So, there is some kind of magic, or science, that allows them to do that. I couldn't. I guess that's why they have Bob and Jillian.

kuhljeanie
09-24-2009, 04:47 PM
MBN, i heard jillian talk about just that thing on dr. oz's radio show. she said that for people who aren't morbidly obese, they'd have to eat much more to sustain those exertion levels. for the contestants, who have 200 - 350+ extra pounds, their bodies respond differently - they simply start metabolizing their fat stores. FWIW.

Kimphin
09-24-2009, 04:48 PM
MBN - that's pretty much how I figured it out too, but I didn't have enough energy to write it out so concisely! Great job.

It must be all of that "Biggest Loser Designer Whey Protein powder" or something :) that helps them stay alert. Although I bet that they don't do much else on non-filming days besides eat, workout, and sleep.

ringmaster
09-24-2009, 04:48 PM
anyone know how long it usually takes for the full episode to be put online?

GradPhase
09-24-2009, 07:20 PM
My desire for Abby to win makes everyone else seem less worthy, from the get-go, and no one else really stands out for their positive qualities. She's just so gracious, and so adorable, and so lovely. We'll see what happens with everyone else further down the line though :)

mandalinn82
09-24-2009, 07:45 PM
I think the lack of "trainer teams" has a LOT to do with the TERRIBLE season with Vicky and Heba and all of the team-mindset evilness. I know it turned a lot of people off of the show....it did me, though I kept watching. They had already started filming on the season after that one when the evil episodes aired, so this season was their first opportunity to try to quell the gameplaying/drama. I'm glad for it - at least people will be voting off based on SOMETHING other than "well, she's on my team", which is always what happened when they merged.

SweetScrumptious
09-25-2009, 05:28 PM
^ that's a good point... now they need to have legitimate reasons to vote someone else other than "well he/she is on my team"

Idealmuse
09-25-2009, 09:02 PM
I believe the body bugg is measuring regular metabolic activity too, so probably 2000-3000 calories a day is accounted for in basal metabolic rate at their body weights

Yep you're assuming correct. My Bodybugg measures mine at about 1700 if I sat on the sofa all day long. I'm not that much smaller then some of the girls but the ones who weigh 300/400 burn likely nearly double that, which is why they lose so much more. That and the fact they burn way more calories doing the same workouts.

Like for example they say you burn 100/mile in general but I can run 4.5 miles and burn 700-750 or so while someone much smaller might only burn 400-500

SimpleRhythm
09-26-2009, 06:50 PM
So they released a clip where Dr. H decribes in detail what went wrong with Tracy...
(3FC wouldn't let me post the link but you check it out on Hulu under the title "Tracy's Visitor.")

I agree that Coach Mo will never be like the Ronfather. He seems way to sweet and good natured. He reminds me more of Pete from a few seasons ago.

I agree that Abby is one of the more likeable of the contestants. I can't believe how articulate and well spoken she is even though she has every reason to be an emotional mess.

I also really like the red team and either of them are my picks for this season's BL.

zinkemomx2
09-26-2009, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=SimpleRhythm;2944214]So they released a clip where Dr. H decribes in detail what went wrong with Tracy...
(3FC wouldn't let me post the link but you check it out on Hulu under the title "Tracy's Visitor.")

Tracy's Visitor (http://www.hulu.com/watch/95815/the-biggest-loser-traceys-visitor)

Lizzyg
09-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks for posting the link!!

EveLHaelf
09-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks for posting the link!

Heat stroke, huh? I still don't get why she can't exercise like everyone else now though?

BethC
09-29-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm watching the show, I cannot believe what Tracy is doing this week!!

suzie42
09-29-2009, 10:47 PM
OMG! Wild show tonight! Good Greif!

~Suzie

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/cartoonapple01/lb/212/140/199/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

suzie42
09-29-2009, 10:55 PM
I still think though, that if Tracy hadn't eaten the cupcakes the other guy would have won that one...and the poundage thing...it would have gotten to a point where someone would have jumped at the pound advantage because the poundage ammount was going to go up until someone took it.

I think the show plants these seeds to keep some people in the hot seat and chaos going...

I don't think anyone (including Jillian!) is going to be talking to Tracy for a while...she's like a deer in headlights

~Suzie

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/cartoonapple01/lb/212/140/199/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Ilene
09-29-2009, 11:23 PM
...she's like a deer in headlights

:lol: that is exactly what she looked liked .... Great show tonight, and don't Antoine and Sean look amazing? I think Sean is such a baby faced cutie and seems to be so good hearted, so does Antoine for that matter...

skinnyjeanz
09-30-2009, 01:00 AM
It was a great show tonight. Tracey is crazy. She is on everyone's hit list now. Her deer in headlights face is funny. Of course someone was going to take the free pounds, but why 2 lbs and why do it without consulting your partner? Why piss so many people off by going back on her word with multiple teams? Poor strategy. Too early for this. They will boot her off the first chance they get. Entertaining episode though.

I liked the comment by Bob that gameplayers gain the weight back.

Cali Doll
09-30-2009, 01:18 AM
It was a great show tonight. Tracey is crazy. She is on everyone's hit list now. Her deer in headlights face is funny. Of course someone was going to take the free pounds, but why 2 lbs and why do it without consulting your partner? Why piss so many people off by going back on her word with multiple teams? Poor strategy. Too early for this. They will boot her off the first chance they get. Entertaining episode though.

I liked the comment by Bob that gameplayers gain the weight back.

I agree with every word.

I don't have a problem with her playing the game, but she's just....dumb about it. She's put a huge target on her back and she's being extremely disrespectful to her partner. Plus, she's just not making good decisions. Sure, take the pound advantage, but NOT at 2 pounds, woman! Come on! Also, do NOT eat the cupcakes after you just put that "2 pound" target on your back and pissed off the trainers!

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

I just LOVED Sean and Antoine! I was so sorry to see them go. They both look amazing! But, Antoine? His weight loss literally made me gasp!

suzie42
09-30-2009, 01:20 AM
It was a great show tonight. Tracey is crazy. She is on everyone's hit list now. Her deer in headlights face is funny. Of course someone was going to take the free pounds, but why 2 lbs and why do it without consulting your partner? Why piss so many people off by going back on her word with multiple teams?

I totally agree.
I think the best thing to do at this point is to lay low. Those are the ones that pull ahead in the end.

~Suzie

practiceliving
09-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Oh man, Tracy has GOT to go. What a terrible attitude! The bug-eyed thing is also getting old quickly. Sucks to be Coach Mo, stuck with that woman!

I think it stinks that Sean and Antoine had to go, but it was the right choice. Shay needs to be there, and Daniel needs to stay because he is such a great support and motivator for everyone.

Twilightwing
09-30-2009, 02:17 AM
wow what a show tonight. i feel so bad for mo.. when tracy was still in the hosp he was very thoughtful of her and his responsibility to 'carry the team' till she could get out and do her part. since she has been out she discusses NOTHING with him and has ostrasized every other person there.. i hope when she gets voted off(AND SHE WILL ) that its a week when only ONE person from a team goes, and not both. i understand its a game, but to alienate every other person so early wasnt just mean and underhanded, but it was soooo stupid on her part stategy wise... im a firm believer in Karma... and will be gleefully watching her get hers.

im usually not so vindictive, honest lol:hug:

maryshady
09-30-2009, 07:57 AM
I thought last nights show really showed the extremes in personality. One team was truly selfless and one person was truly selfish. I loved the red team. I thought Sean was hysterical. Tracey has done herself in already and she has only been there a week. I think I dislike her more than I disliked Icky and that is saying a lot. I feel bad for Mo he keeps trying to be a good teammate but she could care less about the team. Tracey interests definitely are for herself.

Was so glad to see the tremendous amounts of weight both Sean and Antoine lost while at home. It was really cute to see Antoine and Alexandria together too

MindiV
09-30-2009, 09:07 AM
I also feel so bad for Mo! But I laughed out LOUD at the preview for next week....karma's gonna bite someone on the backside, I think...ha ha ha...

I'm all for a little game play, but like Bob said, it's what, week THREE? There's no game play in week three, at least not to the extent Tracey took it. I liked her last week, now I think she's just wacky. And like someone else said...I hope if it comes down to it next week and purple is below the line, only ONE person goes home so Mo can stay and have a chance without her craziness ruining it all.

caryesings
09-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Did anyone else notice after Jillian's rant at Tracy about not using the trainers that Tracy lost way more than anyone who was using the trainers?

L144S
09-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Tracey is no where near as discusting as Vicky but I think she feels so far behind that she wants an equalizer. Also it was not a suprise that she lost that much, it happens when IV is removed and depending on where they did the last WI, ie in the hospital, because by now we all know that the WI happens before the reveal on the show, so we will see. AND I am am currious to see why she can't work out in the pool.

I loved Jill going off on her TWICE, loved when T asked if she was not worth the hour and Jill said not again and I loved her giving it to Mo and Tracey at the WI and how she is not watching his back and he need to look out for himself becuse she is just a game player.

Good show, I am glad to see the guys that went home have lost so much weight!

ennay
09-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Tracy isnt as bad as vicki, because tracy isnt as smart as vicki. Tracy is just a bull in the china shop, no real strategy

WardHog
09-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Tracy isnt as bad as vicki, because tracy isnt as smart as vicki. Tracy is just a bull in the china shop, no real strategy

This is so true. It seemed to me that she was just deciding on the fly at the weigh-in whose weight was going to count for each team. No forethought at all!

EveLHaelf
09-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Gosh, Tracy is a moron. Plain and simple.

trekkiegirl
09-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Interesting bonus clip up at the NBC site. After Alexandra's elimination, Mo expressed to the group that he saw alliances forming that was bad for group unity. He said the voting was divided along age lines, with the young people wanting to save Alexandra and the older folks wanting to save Julio. There's mention (by Daniel, I think) that people are hanging out with others who voted the same way they did. Mo got particularly confrontational with red team, especially Sean. Tracey says in a confessional that she is not happy that Mo did that because she thinks he may have just put a target on their backs. I haven't particularly liked Tracey since the first episode but this clip adds some context, I think, to her actions...kind of increases her panic level, I think. Maybe she felt Mo wasn't very considerate of their team or smart to stir the pot that way.

I think I have an idea which eliminated player will be back eventually from the first episode where they showed a ton of previews. :p

I hope Sean gets a haircut before the finale, lol. :p

Why do the contestants think Shay is so inspirational? Also, I thought it was kind of weird that Julio said there were 2 people ready to go home and 2 people who weren't quite there yet, meaning Daniel and Shay. Daniel?? He did great at home. And..is it just me but...there doesn't seem to be any mention or show of Daniel's family so far either this season or last season. When he went home last season, they showed him with his doctor and his running partner.

Wannabeskinny
10-01-2009, 11:42 AM
I was very sorry to see Sean and Antoine go home, Sean is incredibly funny and I will miss his comic relief. I don't particularly care for the contestants that the show hypes up like Abby, Shae, or Daniel... I don't like people just cause I'm told too and Daniel seems to take on a role of sympathetic brotherliness and Shae will turn on him one day.

I'm so glad Tracy is as crazy as she is, it's too much fun to watch.

As for the show itself it seems like they're going about it in an unhealthy manner. They're expected to burn 6000 calories a day and only eat 1200? Sounds like a surefire way to not be able to maintain that.

QuilterInVA
10-01-2009, 02:25 PM
The key to maintaining is exercise and the show sure gets them hooked on that. I think I read somewhere that about 50% maintain their whole loss and the rest gain back some or all. Since the general population has a 5% success rate, they are 10 times better than those of us just eating back our exercise, etc.

L144S
10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
don't forget that a person like Shay has a BMR of almost 3000 calories just breathing!

so burning an extra 3 on top of that should be work but not out of control. the bigger you are the more calories they burn per min. AND themore they lose the more they will have to work to reach the 6000 daily burn.

1200 a day is doable with lots of fruits and veggies, lots of fiber and lots of lean meats. they eat a very clean diet.

Diva
10-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Okay, I am watching it now and all I can say is, Tracy isn't an Icky-Vicky, she's just completely NUTS!!!! She's an idiot. :dizzy:

That is all....Carry on...

shan84
10-02-2009, 08:40 AM
I was disguested by Tracy's actions on the show. It's too early for that kind of game play. And her off the wall comments made it that much worse. When Ally told her she needed to lose more than 2lbs she replied, "That's all". All giggly and smiling. Made me SICK! I hope she realizes the target is definitely on her now.

Ilene
10-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Shan, I completely agree, I was disgusted with her attitude too... Tracy better keep losing at the rate she is throught the show because if she DARES go below the yellow line, they will definitely vote her off.... Didn't the next week previews show something about her and KARMA :yes: ... This game play of her's will come and bite her behind some day :devil:

sweetandspicy
10-02-2009, 03:41 PM
I did not get to watch the show until last night but I was disgusted by Tracey and I think she will get what is coming to her.

IgetfitNStrongforme
10-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Tracey seems unbalanced, and out of touch with her actions. How she lied to both Shay and Daniel and then Amanda, she is not right in the head. She acts as if she didn't make a promise to any of them when clearly she did. She has that bug eye thing going on, which is off setting. I wonder what she really has done behind the scenes that we aren't seeing, because I get a feeling they (the producers) realize she is not right in the head. With that Karma or coincidence tag line for next weeks preview and that telling her she can’t exercise because she damaged her muscles. I think she was going crazy with the exercise after they told her don’t do more then (walking & swiming) and she didn't listen, so they are pulling the plug on her. Plus we didn't learn about the whole Felipe and Jillian thing until after the final, when Jillian spilled the beans in an interview. I remember they painted Felipe one way but really he and his cousin were breaking into the craft service and sneaking off to fast food joints on the weekends as well as Felipe telling the producers that Jillian was doping her team. It was a mess, and poor Jillian had to take all that crap.

I feel very badly for Coach Mo because he seems to be a man of honor but is so tore by trying to be a supportive team mate to clearly an unstable woman. I don't think Jillian should have dressed him down at the weigh in, that was very wrong. Both Bob and Jillian should have pulled him a side for a private talk. Coach Mo is just caught in the middle, and it's not fair.

happeningf
10-02-2009, 08:47 PM
I feel so awful for Mo, and no one clapped for him for his weight loss because they didn't want to clap for Tracey. I so wanted someone to yell "great job Mo" and clap to make it obvious the applause was just for him.

Wannabeskinny
10-03-2009, 12:43 PM
...Plus we didn't learn about the whole Felipe and Jillian thing until after the final, when Jillian spilled the beans in an interview. I remember they painted Felipe one way but really he and his cousin were breaking into the craft service and sneaking off to fast food joints on the weekends as well as Felipe telling the producers that Jillian was doping her team. It was a mess, and poor Jillian had to take all that crap.

What's this about? I never heard anything about this, what happened?

IgetfitNStrongforme
10-03-2009, 02:51 PM
What's this about? I never heard anything about this, what happened?

Here are some of the links:

http://www.reality-tv-online.com/blog/filipe-fa-accuses-jillian-michaels-of-giving-team-drugs/

http://www.bittenandbound.com/2009/06/03/jillian-michaels-target-of-biggest-loser-drug-investigation/

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/35658037.html

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/2009/06/02/jillian-michaels-not-the-biggest-druggie/

There is also youtube footage of an interview where she says all these things on video, she waited until after the final and let both cousins have it. They are total jerks, not at all how the show made them come off, it was all editing to make them seems so nice. That is why I think Tracey is unbalanced, and as the Producers have dealt with unbalanced people before they probably have decided to pull the plug right away. Remember what Jillian said that Tracey is BANANAS.......

Hun.e.B
10-04-2009, 12:16 PM
I think everyone here has said what I've been thinking...Tracey is a nutjob!! That girl has crazy eyes! karma will get her one way or another. she may have had a huge loss this week but really that was her first week truly getting back in the swing of things. The first week she was in the hospital, the second week she wasnt allowed to exercise. Hopefully next week she gets the "week 2" curse! I really hope that coach mo isnt taken out in her wake!

Shay needs to stop being the victim or she is never going to move on from it. I do believe she needed to stay because she hasnt learned that yet. Cant wait for Bob or Jillian to really break through to her that she is not just the daughter of a dead heroin addict. I'm excited for her to break free from her circumstances only then will she have success!

IgetfitNStrongforme
10-04-2009, 02:51 PM
I think everyone here has said what I've been thinking...Tracey is a nutjob!! That girl has crazy eyes! karma will get her one way or another. she may have had a huge loss this week but really that was her first week truly getting back in the swing of things. The first week she was in the hospital, the second week she wasnt allowed to exercise. Hopefully next week she gets the "week 2" curse! I really hope that coach mo isnt taken out in her wake!

Shay needs to stop being the victim or she is never going to move on from it. I do believe she needed to stay because she hasnt learned that yet. Cant wait for Bob or Jillian to really break through to her that she is not just the daughter of a dead heroin addict. I'm excited for her to break free from her circumstances only then will she have success!

I don't believe in Karma but I do think Tracey is unbalanced which means she has mental health issues, and where I volunteer we never call anyone crazy or nut jobs, because they can't help the chemical imbalances in their brains. So I think the Producers realize she is manic perhaps bi-polar. I was re-watching footage of her and her talking fast and impulsiveness makes me think she is bi-polar. I agree Shay does need to stop being a victim and I do hope she can free herself because someone can show you the door but only you can walk through it.

Echo
10-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Abby even made Jillian cry!! I bet Jillian will never be able to yell at her like she does the others...

I thought it was a great show...

i know!! i was crying my eyes out aswell when Abby was telling her story. and then again when Jillian cried.

I love Jillian!!!

i love how Dan is back!! i'm really rooting for him and shay. shes great too. and i loved how the red team sacrficed themselves for her. that was AMAZING and so inspiring, gave me goosebumps!

OMG This show gets to me too! Abby's story is absolutely heart breaking and the fact that she made Jillian cry too was crazy! I cried when Jillian was talking about how if anything like that happened to her she would want to kill herself but seeing how strong Abby was made her re think that. It really hit home for me on that topic. I also got teary eyed when everyone was helping that lady cross the finish line at the beginning (sorry I'm terrible with names.) I am also excited to be losing along with the contestants. The show is very inspiring.

There was so much swearing! Bob and Jillian working together is a great idea. They were awesome! They kind of reminded me of a drill instructor with all the swearing and yelling, lol.

But yes, I agree, amazing episode! Can't wait til next week.

exactly!! that was the most touching scene! well described :)
and yah i loved how they are both such drill sergents.

and i heard jillian describe on her radio show how she had to be like that with shay , so that she would feel like shes just like everyone else, and not just the biggest girl ever.

That was my first thought. As soon as she reacted I hoped they would fall below so she would be sent home. I think if they would have been safe this week it would have turned into another Joelle/Carla situation.

How much do you really know about someone you have only known a week'ish. Nothing. The elimination seems so contrived. Almost like they pick reasons out of a hat and that is what they have to say.

exactly!! i always have the exact same thought! either the lowest percentage goes home, or they ALL stay until the very end. it always makes me sad to see someone go home.

ringmaster
10-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I feel so awful for Mo, and no one clapped for him for his weight loss because they didn't want to clap for Tracey. I so wanted someone to yell "great job Mo" and clap to make it obvious the applause was just for him.

I just got to watch ep.3. I feel bad for Mo too, he didn't even pick Tracy he just got stuck with her in the end.

I'm not sure if Tracy is bananas or just really wants to win. She might be a bit narcissistic where she just doesn't care about others or who she hurts. To be fair, the show does give them those games and the options are there to try and get ahead. Antoine ate a couple of cupcakes, so if she didn't win, he would of been the one picking people off.

SweetScrumptious
10-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm watching right now and all I want is to say.... YAH DAN! Soooo proud of him :):):)

EveLHaelf
10-06-2009, 10:08 PM
I too just got to watch episode 3.

I agree with all of you guys about Tracy being un balanced. I too also think she may be bi polar because it really does seem like she has two personalities. She didn't even know how many cupcakes she ate???? And she honestly sees nothing wrong with what she is doing. But like Bob said, it's too early to be game playing and she just doesn't get that. I love how at the weigh in, when she lost 11 pounds, jillian swears and bob re think clapping and just shakes his head. :lol: It's pretty bad when even the trainers don't like you....

It's crazy how BOTH the teams that came to her and asked her for help got the opposite of what they wanted.

I love how Jillian practically shunned her!

And the red team was sooo honorable with their self sacrifice. It's a shame that we won't get to keep seeing them.

I'm going to try to stay up and watch tonight's episode, but I might fall asleep. It's on too late for me, lol. I get up at 350 am to exercise before work. :lifter:

zinkemomx2
10-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Julio looks good. Down 108 pounds so far!

I'm not liking the looks of next weeks show. They made that look like Tracy is gonna get that ticket and that scares me.

tinabinab
10-06-2009, 11:24 PM
That was a big teaser at the end. I hope Tracy doesn't get that ticket - she frightens me. TTTTRRRAAAACCCYYY, oh, I just scared myself! :)

angee phalangee
10-06-2009, 11:33 PM
I think I have a crush on Dan. :) :)

happeningf
10-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Just a pic of me with my buddy Sione!

Haha, jk I ran into him at a race in AZ, I was starstruck! And he was SO nice and sweet!

happeningf
10-07-2009, 01:54 PM
That pic was last year. I heard about all that drama with Jillian and them leaving to get food, and maybe it is true, but man were they both SEXY at the end!

happeningf
10-07-2009, 01:55 PM
I totally have a crush on Daniel... so sweet. Reminds me of who was the boy last year? The son? They have similar sweet attitudes... gosh, what was his name? He was GORGEOUS!

L144S
10-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Mike and if I wasn't old enough t be his mother I would agree :)

happeningf
10-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Yes, Mike.. and hey, you're never too old! Guys date younger chicks all the time! ;)

he was GORGE at the end!

L144S
10-07-2009, 08:37 PM
ahh but 20+yeas my jr is too close to my kids age, BUT he is a cutie and Dan this season is turning out to be also, he personality and the way he is a good tem mate, works hard and is not complaining makes hinm even better, I hope he goes all the way to his goal.

angee phalangee
10-07-2009, 09:17 PM
I totally had a crush on Mike, too! He was SO sweet. I need to figure out how to "bump" into him somewhere...hahaha.

trekkiegirl
10-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Did anybody notice Mike's brother, Max, in the commercial for the Biggest Loser resort, Fitness Ridge? He spent most of the summer there.

They never played the Jennie-O ad last week in my area with Mike & Ron. I even rewatched my tape. Must be certain areas only. I did see it at the Jennie-O site though.

So...if they are going to teams next week, Mo won't have to have Tracy as an albatross around his neck anymore.

LOL when Jillian compared Rudy to Roger. Roger was exactly who I thought of when I first saw Rudy...even more so when he got the blue shirt.

Don't esp care for pink team. Not really liking Rebecca and this whole "America chose Amanda" mention is getting old.

You know...I'm noticing there's been more of a disconnect this season between the trainers and the contestants. At first I wondered if it was just boredom, irritation, etc. on Jillian and Bob's part but I'm wondering also maybe it's been the fact that, up to now, they haven't been split up into the two camps. I mean, by this time in previous seasons we had seen Bob bonding with the Tongans, Jillian dealing with Michelle's mommy issues, etc.

Cali Doll
10-09-2009, 03:25 PM
this whole "America chose Amanda" mention is getting old.

I do like Amanda but the America's Choice thing really is getting old. I was rooting for the other girl, actually. :P Amanda's prom story didn't move me.

Anyway, Shay: I still can't stand this girl. I don't care how many people think she "needs to be there". I'm still bitter over her nasty attitude towards Julio a couple of weeks ago. Also, she's the one who wanted to give up the first week. Whaaaa whaaaa whaaaaa....all she does is complain and talk. I'm sick of hearing her voice. I want her gone. I'm very bummed that Dan is saddled with her.

She annoys me like Joelle and her partner from last season. I just got sick of hearing their voices...

Shut up, Shay! Better yet, go home!

maryshady
10-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Anyway, Shay: I still can't stand this girl. I don't care how many people think she "needs to be there". I'm still bitter over her nasty attitude towards Julio a couple of weeks ago. Also, she's the one who wanted to give up the first week. Whaaaa whaaaa whaaaaa....all she does is complain and talk. I'm sick of hearing her voice. I want her gone. I'm very bummed that Dan is saddled with her. She annoys me like Joelle and her partner from last season. I just got sick of hearing their voices...Shut up, Shay! Better yet, go home!

I feel the same way. At first I was really rooting for her but she really is so self involved it is amazing. I never saw her thank the red team for sacrificing themselves to save her. And all she does is judge and complain about everyone else. Worry about yourself girl! kwim. She is so stuck in the victim role the whining is getting old. Everyone needs to be there or they wouldn't have been chosen to be on the show.

Cali Doll
10-10-2009, 10:28 AM
I feel the same way. At first I was really rooting for her but she really is so self involved it is amazing. I never saw her thank the red team for sacrificing themselves to save her. And all she does is judge and complain about everyone else. Worry about yourself girl! kwim. She is so stuck in the victim role the whining is getting old. Everyone needs to be there or they wouldn't have been chosen to be on the show.

Of course I agree 100%!

skinnyjeanz
10-10-2009, 06:14 PM
I finally got to watch this week's show. I agree Shay is annoying. and that was exactly what I was thinking......she needs to worry about herself. Daniel is definitely playing the game. Nothing wrong with that though.

On last week's show, my problem with tracy wasn't that she ate the cupcakes, it was that she purposely tried to sabotage multiple teams. There's nothing wrong with playing the game. She just had poor strategy by making so many teams angry with her.

Wannabeskinny
10-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Is it just me or do all the contestants seem self-righteous this season? Why is anyone comparing who needs to be there more than others? I really dislike the elimination process. Why can't everyone stay? There would still be a biggest loser even if everyone got to stay on the ranch.

L144S
10-11-2009, 01:29 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with compatition. I think ifeveryone stayed, contestants may not work as hard.

I like this group, but Shay is feeling entitled. she has everyone thinking that she needs to stay over everyone else and I think she is running with it and not working as hard.. it is a move BUT I have a hard time with it all, i want to slap them and say fight for yourself! you all need to fight! Also it is almost impossible for Shay to be the biggest loser this season so I am sure there is a no worries attitude from others.

Hun.e.B
10-11-2009, 05:00 PM
I hate to see them get eliminated just because I want to see everyone do really well. Although sometimes it seems like the ones that go home earlier tend to do a little better in the long run with keeping it off. I would like it if maybe the "eliminated" person doesnt go home they stay on the ranch but they are out of the money.

Me Too
10-11-2009, 05:52 PM
I really feel bad for Dan not losing any weight this week, and the fear he has of being sent home again.

ennay
10-11-2009, 06:27 PM
I really feel bad for Dan not losing any weight this week, and the fear he has of being sent home again.

I really think Dan played the game and took advantage of his immunity to waterload before weigh in. Not that I fault him for that, it would be stupid not to. As long as you dont over do it and go negative. Kind of surprised Shay lost as much as she did.

ennay
10-11-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with compatition. I think ifeveryone stayed, contestants may not work as hard.

The show spends 1 hour a week on weigh in and elimination. People go home because the producers think it makes for a better show.

vixjean
10-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Mel - interesting idea, i have thought of that too, plus they would still be there to add lots of drama and infulence voters too!

Me Too
10-12-2009, 01:27 AM
ennay, didn't someone else in an earlier show gain weight just to lose a ton the next week? Was it Matt? I liked him and Suzie.

maryshady
10-12-2009, 04:15 PM
ennay, didn't someone else in an earlier show gain weight just to lose a ton the next week? Was it Matt? I liked him and Suzie.

Karen-I think your right but then last year they pulled some crap. I can't remember who it was. But they had won immunity but then lost it because they gained weight at the weigh in.

Hun.e.B
10-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Neil waterlogged and gained some astronomical amount...like 16 lbs?? I think Bob's head truly did spin around a couple of times when he found out.

L144S
10-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Karen-I think your right but then last year they pulled some crap. I can't remember who it was. But they had won immunity but then lost it because they gained weight at the weigh in.

I can't remember who it was either but it was the condition of the immunity to have it you kust couldn't gain.

Wannabeskinny
10-13-2009, 10:59 AM
I hate to see them get eliminated just because I want to see everyone do really well. Although sometimes it seems like the ones that go home earlier tend to do a little better in the long run with keeping it off. I would like it if maybe the "eliminated" person doesnt go home they stay on the ranch but they are out of the money.

Yes I agree, and wouldn't it be even MORE interesting of the contestants that were already out of the running were the ones who did the voting?? ;)

What is waterlogging and why wouldn't Dan want to do that???

MBN
10-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Waterlogging is when players try to weigh more on "weigh-in" day by intentionally manipulating their fluid balance. I guess they could do it in a couple of ways - either by chugging a bunch of water before the weigh in, or by eating salty foods the day before to promote water retention. It's easily reversed by drinking more water, avoiding salty stuff, and peeing. ;)

If a player has immunity, then it is better to lose less that week, so there will be a bigger apparent loss the following week when the excess fluid is gone. I don't think it's a terrible thing to do, it's game play, but at least Dan was a bit more subtle about it than Neil was the year he did it!!

saintxio
10-13-2009, 09:22 PM
OMG.. Tracy wins temptation 3 times?! There's no freakin way.. this has to be ridged for the ratings...

gggirls
10-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Unbelievable - my only hope is she is below the yellow line.

luvmy3
10-14-2009, 12:17 AM
I can't believe Tracey is still there.I really thought for sure when given the chance she would be voted off.And do you believe Shay's weightloss?I like Shay but think that she sometimes uses her misfortunes in life to make it seem like she deserves it more.I think they all deserve it!!

angee phalangee
10-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Coach Mo instead of Tracy?!? I'm heart broken!

IgetfitNStrongforme
10-14-2009, 01:40 AM
I can't believe Tracey voted off coach Mo???!!!!!! She is ruthless!

maryshady
10-14-2009, 07:45 AM
I can't believe it either. What were they thinking. Tracey is more a liability than Mo because she has to sit out for everything. Next weeks challenge will consist of only the four of them. Plus Mo was such an inspiration, he worked out thru the pain and always pulled his weight. Was glad to see all the good he is doing at home. What a sweet man.

Did you see the look on Bob's face when Tracey said "they had a connection". He looked like "ok, can't stand ya". lol!!

I do love how Jillian always pulls the underdogs to the win!

Rebound
10-14-2009, 12:23 PM
I can't believe they booted Mo and I have to look at Tracy's stupid face for at least another week. She's SO ANNOYING that I don't even have the TIME to deal with Shay and HER annoyingness...

happeningf
10-14-2009, 01:34 PM
LIVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was agreeing with Mo when she won the golden ticket, like she really is a WITCH or something! How does she pull that off!

And I couldn't believe she could let herself break everyone's hearts with choosing teams like that! OMG! I love how much Bob and Jillian HATE her!

And I'm annoyed with Liz, she said she was getting Tracy out first chance she got!

Wannabeskinny
10-14-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm confused. The whole episode everyone was just waiting for the chance to vote Tracy off and then NOBODY voted for her to leave. There must be some logical explanation for it but this was very poor editing, even for Biggest Loser.

The only explanation I could think of is that Coach Mo wanted to leave and asked everyone to vote for him because he didn't want to be there. I wish they had not listened to him. He made it sound like he can't do it anymore and he's not pulling his weight but the truth is that not only has he been doing well, pulling his weight, but also pulling Tracy's load at the same time. She hasn't participated in any challenge without being a drama queen and is barely allowed to walk on the treadmill.

Can't wait to see the reaction from Jillian's team next week.

Stepping Out
10-14-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm done with this game! This is so obviously rigged it isn't funny. When I saw the challenge, I told my husband 'if Tracy wins, it's fixed'. Sure enough..the Golden Ticket 'just happened' to end up with her! I wouldn't be surprised if the other contestants were in on it. I used to enjoy reality shows..but I'm getting so cynical about the outcomes. :mad: Biggest Loser..you just lost another fan! :nono:

I guess I'll have to find something else to watch or do from 8-10 on Tuesday night. :rolleyes: :shrug:

Mikayla
10-14-2009, 07:02 PM
I really have a hard time believing that the whole Tracey thing isn't rigged. I don't understand why it's necessary in a game like this, shouldn't they all be there to lose weight and get healthy? I'll keep watching because it's great motivation for me but this whole situation is not cool with me.

Ilene
10-14-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm confused. The whole episode everyone was just waiting for the chance to vote Tracy off and then NOBODY voted for her to leave. There must be some logical explanation for it but this was very poor editing, even for Biggest Loser.

The only explanation I could think of is that Coach Mo wanted to leave and asked everyone to vote for him because he didn't want to be there. I wish they had not listened to him. He made it sound like he can't do it anymore and he's not pulling his weight but the truth is that not only has he been doing well, pulling his weight, but also pulling Tracy's load at the same time. She hasn't participated in any challenge without being a drama queen and is barely allowed to walk on the treadmill.

Can't wait to see the reaction from Jillian's team next week.The reason Mo gave, and the way I understood it too, is that because they are now a "team" and "teams" have to vote for the person that is least pulling their weight, pardon the pun :lol: .... and in his eyes he can't pull his weight because of his injury and also that he had lost the least amount of weight...

I can't believe that Liz went along with it, though, I thought fer sure she was going to fight tooth and nail to vote Tracey off, and try to convince everyone to do so :shrug: ....

I won't stop watching it because it's fun to watch and see how the producers can manipulate the game :lol: ....

happeningf
10-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Isn't it a joke how reality shows are now? remember when the first reality shows came out, like real world and things like that? They were REAL not fixed, not intervened on, nothing! Now everything is at least a little skewed!

IgetfitNStrongforme
10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't think it's rigged, because it's a game show and the FCC has people who monitor the challenges, temptations and all weighs which are done in the morning and are filmed. The weighs have a ton of people around to make sure it's on the up and up. The weighs-in we see on TV, that's not even on a real scale, it just posts the weight that the doctors and all witnesses wrote down from the morning weigh in.

Now Last week when they locked the kitchen and didn't let Tracey exercise was I believe their way around all the rules that govern them as a game show. They wanted her gone, she is contentious with her team mates just imagine how she treats the crew and producers, but her body was still eating its own muscles and she lost weight last week. Do you remember what she said on the scale last night? She said I am losing fat this week and not muscle well that’s not really true she is losing some muscle but not like she had. As far as Coach Mo he did not want to be there anymore as being Tracey Team Mate made him a target and an outsider. He was afraid of Tracey he thought she was some kind of witch, and Coach Mo is a devote Christian. Do you remember what he said about the wind started to blow when she was about to spin the wheel and that Tracey was able to get what she needed when she needed it. He is also people person and not a confrontational person and the whole situation was very stressful for him. And Jillian and Bob weren’t very nice to him because of Tracey.

Ilene
10-14-2009, 07:32 PM
It don't think it's rigged, because it's a game show and the FCC has people who monitor the challenges, temptations and all weighs are done in the morning and are filmed. The weighs have a tonof people around to make sure it's on the up and up. The weighs in we see on TV, that's not even on a real scale, it posts the weight that the doctors and all witnesses wrote down from the morning weigh in.

Now Last week we they locked the kitchen and didn't let Tracey exercise was I believe their way around all the rules that govern them as a game show. They wanted her gone, she is contentious with her team mates just imagine how she treats the crew and producers, but her body was still eating its own muscles and she lost weight last week. Do you remember what she said on the scale last night? She said I am losing fat this week and not muscle well thatís not really true she is losing some muscle but not like she had.If that's how it works, I'm glad to hear it :yes:

ennay
10-14-2009, 08:26 PM
I dont think it can be rigged too much...remember the $64000 question fraud? FCC cracked down after that. Although technically the teams dont really influence the outcome so if weight or immunity isnt at stake, would those come under FCC scrutiny?

GAH did these people learn nothing from season 6? If you dont vote off crazy beeyotch when you get the chance you will be stuck with her until the end.

But I am so sick of watching tracey. What the heck was she all sobby for. "I hate having the pressure" well then quit fighting for control.

I loved Abby for not playing. She is above all that. I truly believe she would have thanked tracey for her choice which ever team she ended up on.

DanaLou
10-14-2009, 10:02 PM
My husband and I usually end up watching BL8 separately and today when I saw him at the gym the first thing he said to me was OMG COACH MOE?!? We both think Tracey is a lil crazy behind the eyes.

iaradajnos
10-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Our family's a big fan of TBL show. This is my first season watching after losing so much weight. It's strange.

I'm usually a lurker here and just like to read comments about the program. Hear what folks are thinking after each week.

Although I know everyone is not taking the show seriously, I did want to write a bit of caution. Mental illness is something many, many individuals and families face. It's impossible for any program to avoid years of bringing new people on to a reality show without having the percentages that the general population has of cognitive disability (6% of US pop), mental illness (6% of US pop), domestic violence (1 in 4 women), or are victims or a witness of violence (see below).

Please be cautious in the chats to distinguish the person away from mental illnesses and disabilities.

For a few data info, see below:
14.3 million: Number of people with limitations in cognitive functioning, or a mental or emotional illness that interferes with their daily activities. This includes those with Alzheimer’s disease and mental ******ation. This group comprises 6 percent of the population 15 and older. (1)

(1) Source: http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/facts_for_features_special_editions/010102.html

* Females are victims of family violence at a rate at least three times that of males

* Rate of violent crimes against women committed by relatives: 3.1 per 1,000

* For men: .9 per 1,000

* The victim in domestic violence is female in 85 percent of all reported cases

* Studies reveal that family violence occurs in 2 million U.S. families

* The average age of the offender is 31 years

(2) Source: http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-2175795_ITM

Cali Doll
10-15-2009, 09:03 AM
I can't believe they booted Mo and I have to look at Tracy's stupid face for at least another week. She's SO ANNOYING that I don't even have the TIME to deal with Shay and HER annoyingness...

LMAO!!!!!!!!! I totally agree with every word!

flpooh19701
10-15-2009, 11:26 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!! I totally agree with every word!

I do too! I can't stand Tracey!

IgetfitNStrongforme
10-16-2009, 02:49 AM
Next weeks preview has them going home, I hate when they send them home as like a challenge. These contestants aren't given the kinds challenges like last season and it's disappointing. I understand that they are the most overweight and unhealthiest contestants ever but still I loved watching those crazy challenges. I guess after what happened with Tracey damaging her muscles from extreme exhaustion during the first challenge, they have pulled back.

Hun.e.B
10-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Why oh why oh why did they not vote off crazy tracy when they had the chance!! You gotta get her while the getting is good.. who knows when they'll get another chance!

I'm sad coach mo went, but he clearly didnt want to be there, we saw that last week as well. Too much doubting himself, I was so glad to see him doing so well though!

I will hand it to Tracy, that girl sure is putting herself first which is really what she needs to be doing! Yeah shes playing the game and I cant stand her but cant really fault her! Someone on Bob's FB said something about people like Liz replacing their food dependency with their partner dependency and they need to learn to stand strong (totally not how they worded it LOL) I think that rings very true!

Michelle125
10-16-2009, 12:20 PM
I kind of agreed with Tracey's decisions to break up some of the partners. I really think the people who were split up were WAY too dependant on their partner, and they need to be on their own. BUT, I don't agree with her taking some people away from their trainers. As for me, if I were there I'd totally kill to train under Jillian, even though I think Bob is way awesome. It's a dream to have her as a mentor and I'd be very upset if someone put me on a team other than hers. I know I'd do well under Bob, but there's something about the way Jillian trains that makes me want to be there more than anything else!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Crazy Eyed Tracey makes for entertaining TV. I'm enjoying the shows! And, IMO, Coach Mo, you just threw in the towel. You were in pain and you gave up. Plain and simple.

Someone asked "Shouldn't they be there to lose weight and get healthy?" Well, no. If that was their primary motivation, they could have just joined Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig or something. They signed up for a TV show with a challenge that has a payoff of 1/2 a million dollars! They signed up for getting yelled at by trainers, for working out like crazy and eating a very low amount of calories, for game play. And, call her crazy, but Tracey plays the game.

I love "reality" TV. I'm a huge Survivor, ****'s Kitchen, Amazing Race and Big Brother Fan. I also love BL. It gives me my "reality" fix while also letting me see people lose weight and have miraculous transformations. In my book, it's all good! :D

happeningf
10-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Okay, well you are totally right about how things can't be rigged too much, that's illegal. I think what they may do (which is what they did on Big Brother) is in the interviews during the shows (unaired) they kind of "guide" the players into doing certain things / making certain choices. They ask posed questions like "don't you think it would be better to separate the partners, yes or no?" and make Tracy ponder that. That's just what I know from other shows, and I can imagine that's as far as they can go as far as pushing/swaying.

So in all, yeah, I guess they can't rig the competitions, that part is really illegal.

I was speaking too soon, I meant more about the reality shows that are not competitions ie Real World, Bridezillas, Rehab at the Hard Rock, the Hills, etc. Those are all SO scripted these days! It's awful and so frustrating.

QuilterInVA
10-17-2009, 11:33 AM
$250,000 is the prize, not half a million dollars.

Cape Breton Chick
10-17-2009, 10:25 PM
O my.... I just watched Tuesdays episode.. and yeaaa .. Blesss her heart but I am not a Tracy fan... am going to be praying for her...

Diva
10-19-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm just now getting to last weeks BL and let me just say, if they want me to stop watching the show, they are doing a dang good job of it! GIVING (yes I said GIVING) Tracy the power to to choose for everyone on that team is NUTS! They give the craziest, most psychotic, unstable person the power to choose and make important decisions for EVERYONE else? WTF?!!!!! If it weren't for Abby, I'd soooooooooo be done with this crap and when and if she goes, I go right along with her. There are better things I can be watching or doing with my time. I am so over this show....Seriously....Why watch something that infuriates me this much???? Screw it.:mad:

Hamoco350
10-19-2009, 01:27 PM
All of the stuff in last week's episode was very exciting and all.. but I nearly screamed at my TV in anger when contestants were forced to eat extremely high calorie cake, donuts, and cupcakes. I was so angry that I could hardly continue watching. I thought it was a horrible idea. :/

MindiV
10-19-2009, 03:07 PM
I fast forward through a LOT of TBL (just TOO drawn out!) so I didn't notice...did they HAVE to eat what they uncovered, or could they refuse and be out of the contest?

I saw it more as a personal choice...they could've chosen NOT to eat the food very easily. I was more upset that Tracey won....but I had a hard time coming up with HOW it could've been set up for her to get it. I came up with nothing...seemed like a fluke to me...a very upsetting fluke...

Rebound
10-19-2009, 03:48 PM
The idea of that temptation challenge was that if you decided to play, you HAD to eat what was uncovered. Otherwise it couldn't be much of a "challenge" if you could just spin and not eat it if it wasn't the golden ticket or $1000 or something else valuable. That's what made it a tough choice, and that's why Abby chose not to participate in the temptation challenge.

Where I thought they messed up was that EVERYONE who chose to play should have had to have one spin -- even after Tracey won the golden ticket. The people after her in line had neither the chance to win $1000, nor did they have to face the consequences of uncovering and having to eat something with a lot of calories.

onic28
10-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Mindi! I tend to agree! I usually work late on Tuesday nights so I've always had to TiVo the episode, and it wasn't until last week that I realized how much I fast forward through the show! It is SO long and and drawn out... it's not dramatic like the would want, it's just annoying!

EZMONEY
10-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Angie and I dvr BL and usually fast forward through it...so much repeat before and after the commercials....

now if I can just figure out how to get that circle, that blocks out faces, over Tracey to work....

Echo
10-20-2009, 05:19 PM
now if I can just figure out how to get that circle, that blocks out faces, over Tracey to work....

LOL!!
---
I was more upset that Tracey won....but I had a hard time coming up with HOW it could've been set up for her to get it. I came up with nothing...seemed like a fluke to me...a very upsetting fluke...

i was thinking the same thing ! thinking maybe there was a person underneath the table that was moving it hahahahaha

that was really funny how Tracey won the challenge, and the show trying to make it seem like all supernatural and stuff. was funny !!

GirlyGirlSebas
It gives me my "reality" fix while also letting me see people lose weight and have miraculous transformations. In my book, it's all good!

i agree i love seeing them lose weight, gives me motivation to push myself. and love seeing the transformations. so inspiring!

Echo
10-20-2009, 05:26 PM
I totally had a crush on Mike, too! He was SO sweet. I need to figure out how to "bump" into him somewhere...hahaha.

lol mike is gorgeous!! when he lost all that weight, i thought WOW, he's really changed. he has a youtube video where he talks about his views on the latest shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXHu3a0C3w4&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcA1udri8Y8&feature=related)

Echo
10-20-2009, 05:33 PM
bob re think clapping and just shakes his head. :lol: It's pretty bad when even the trainers don't like you....

It's crazy how BOTH the teams that came to her and asked her for help got the opposite of what they wanted.

I love how Jillian practically shunned her!

i know i noticed that too about bob about to clap but then didnt. i still cant believe how much weight shes losing without any exercise. its amazing:dizzy::dizzy:

Echo
10-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Here are some of the links:

http://www.reality-tv-online.com/blog/filipe-fa-accuses-jillian-michaels-of-giving-team-drugs/

http://www.bittenandbound.com/2009/06/03/jillian-michaels-target-of-biggest-loser-drug-investigation/

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/35658037.html

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/2009/06/02/jillian-michaels-not-the-biggest-druggie/

There is also youtube footage of an interview where she says all these things on video, she waited until after the final and let both cousins have it. They are total jerks, not at all how the show made them come off, it was all editing to make them seems so nice. That is why I think Tracey is unbalanced, and as the Producers have dealt with unbalanced people before they probably have decided to pull the plug right away. Remember what Jillian said that Tracey is BANANAS.......

Thanks for the links. I hated the cousins attitude towards Jillian!! really made me angry, especially when they ran to bob and were swearing about Jillian! and Bob just stood there and didnt defend Jillian. which i found suprising.

IgetfitNStrongforme
10-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the links. I hated the cousins attitude towards Jillian!! really made me angry, especially when they ran to bob and were swearing about Jillian! and Bob just stood there and didnt defend Jillian. which i found suprising.

It's all editing Bob and Jillian are tight from what I understand. I am sure he defended her but they couldn't show all that was said, becauase at the point Flipe had acussed Jillian of doping the team and Jillian was like I am not training that SOB. That whole fight at the dinner table after the black team got back from that overnight treat was Flipe fliping out from what I heard because Jillian said you're right I was ignoring you and I am not going to train you anymore but they edited that all out. The whole campus was shut down for week during the investigation.

With that said I am really excited about this evenings episode even though they are sending them home for a week. I don't like when they are sent home because it makes for boring TV. But these contestants can't perform the phyical challenges as seasons past as it might kill them.

Aclai4067
10-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Shay has a husband and step children?! I don't want to hear any more crap about she has no one to support her at home. She has a family, she has friends, just like everyone else.

Nella
10-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Shay has a husband and step children?! I don't want to hear any more crap about she has no one to support her at home. She has a family, she has friends, just like everyone else.

I thought the SAME thing! She has never mentioned them, or at least the editing has never mentioned her husband and step kids. I was thinking, who are these people? Her brother and nephews? Then it said her husband and I was like "What?!?!"

I have to root for Daniel because he is from my hometown. He seems like a good kid, and my goodness he has made such progress from the start. But Rudy is my favorite. He just kicks butt every week, and he's so nice and quiet. Abby makes me cry like a baby still. My heart breaks for her every time the camera shows her.

Idealmuse
10-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Mindi! I tend to agree! I usually work late on Tuesday nights so I've always had to TiVo the episode, and it wasn't until last week that I realized how much I fast forward through the show! It is SO long and and drawn out... it's not dramatic like the would want, it's just annoying!

Yeah I watch it on the treadmill and it's usually and hour and 25 mins blipping past the commercials. Sheeze!

ennay
10-21-2009, 02:26 AM
Why do people dislike Dina? It seems like they all think she was unsupportive

ringmaster
10-21-2009, 04:33 AM
I just watched last week's episode. When Tracey got the golden ticket the first thing I thought was it had to be rigged to add drama for the show... really what are the odds? If it wasn't rigged then, wow!

I was surprised they sent coach Mo home instead since everyone kept saying they'd vote Tracey the first chance they got. I noticed Mo said he didn't want to be there anymore and it looks like he had some injury so maybe they let him go since he wanted to go.

I didn't see this week yet but just read the above post that Shay has a husband and stepchildren.. that is really surprising since she's always been crying she had no support at home and the red team went home because they have families but it seemed like she didn't. I felt bad for her, but now I don't know what to think unless there is more to the story they didn't tell. Now I feel Abby needs to be there more since she lost her family.

EveLHaelf
10-21-2009, 08:19 AM
I just watched part of last weeks episode.

I couldn't believe how much of a stink Dina was making because Tracey split her and her teammate up. I thought she was acting like a teenage girl who just got told she couldn't date her b/f anymore. And then this week, I saw she has a husband! Dang girl...Did she ever jump on that dang platform?

And the pink girl having a breakdown because she couldn't train with Bob anymore? :dizzy:

I also think that the 'going home' week is boring. I watch everyone screaming as they walk in the door, I get all teary eyed each time, then the rest is just boring.

maryshady
10-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Last nights show was boring! I feel asleep and I never fall asleep for that show.:yawn:

Anyway why didn't they vote off Shay. She is definitely the one who brings the team down in weight %'s. She was saying she was happy for Abbey for losing 4 lbs. but it didn't help them since they all had to lose 7! She only only lost 5 lbs. and % wise Abbey blew her out of the water. I could have understood her point if she would have said all of us but she will never say anything compromising about herself. She just infuriates me!:mad:

Anyway I am having a hard time finding someone to root for. I hope Abbey does well because of her hardships but I can't say she in anyway stands out. Is anyone else feeling the same way about the contestants this season? I guess I really liked both guys on the red team. I do like Dan so I guess he would be my pick for BL.

L144S
10-21-2009, 03:32 PM
I won't be sorry to see Shay go. I wish her well and I know she has a lot to learn but I don't think she is doing that well for her size.

I am rooting for Daniel all the way. I love him, I think he is kind and I hope he can work through some of his BS to come through this whole process...I think Jill will do wonders for him.

Anyone notice that the "crazies" flock to bob? Tracey, Vicky, Hebba? there have been others too...

Dina was not a favorite either but it was good e see her get a makover and get up on the box last night...

and yes, I will keep watching :)

Cali Doll
10-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Last nights show was boring! I feel asleep and I never fall asleep for that show.:yawn:

Anyway why didn't they vote off Shay. She is definitely the one who brings the team down in weight %'s. She was saying she was happy for Abbey for losing 4 lbs. but it didn't help them since they all had to lose 7! She only only lost 5 lbs. and % wise Abbey blew her out of the water. I could have understood her point if she would have said all of us but she will never say anything compromising about herself. She just infuriates me!:mad:

Anyway I am having a hard time finding someone to root for. I hope Abbey does well because of her hardships but I can't say she in anyway stands out. Is anyone else feeling the same way about the contestants this season? I guess I really liked both guys on the red team. I do like Dan so I guess he would be my pick for BL.

What can I say but I totally agree about Shay. She's such a manipulator and totally self-centered. I dislike how she always talks about "deserving" to be here (whenever they are up for elimination)....she puts that bug in her teammates ears so that they will feel guilty for eliminating her.

I LOVED the Red Team and I'm so angry that they were sacrificed for Shay!

I love Daniel and Danny and Rudy and Liz and I'm rooting for them.

nellonello
10-21-2009, 06:24 PM
I love Daniel and Danny and Rudy and Liz and I'm rooting for them.

I agree!!!

angee phalangee
10-21-2009, 08:54 PM
I love Daniel! I think he'll start pulling out big numbers soon.

And YES, all the crazies do flock to Bob...they're probably too intimidated by Jillian, because she won't cradle their crazy like Bob will.

I have to say that even though Tracy drives me nuts, I will be sad to see her go...because her crazy eyes CRACK me up...the looks on that woman's face at any given time are just priceless. I almost rolled off my couch last night when I saw her faces as she was working out. Too funny.

goldenhorse
10-21-2009, 08:58 PM
I know Tracey gets voted off soon because she is working out with my best friends personal trainer. My friend says she looks amazing.

EveLHaelf
10-21-2009, 09:14 PM
ACK! I am so sick of shay! She needs to get over her past and move on and quit whining about how much she deserves to be there. EVERYONE deserves to be there! And that crap about her not having support at home? Hmmm what about the HUSBAND she never mentioned before? I wonder if the red team knew about him. I have a feeling she is going to play that pity card to the bitter end.

I agree that there aren't really any people that positively stand out to me this season. I LOVED Tara last season. She was such a good competitor.

IgetfitNStrongforme
10-21-2009, 09:24 PM
I loved the red team as well, and an especially Sean, and when he would talk about his wife and kids…..I was hoping mad at Shay for playing that card “I need to be here, I don’t have the support at home”, yeah what BS. It was all editing, they all knew she had a husband and step kids. She is super smooth at working people though.

trekkiegirl
10-21-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm hoping Tracey leaves soon but in real time, all these contestants have been home for quite some time already. I saw Daniel post a kudos message to Max Morelli (for his weight loss) on Facebook over the summer.

They've already begun taping Season 9...and there are two brothers as brown team who are bigger than Shay.

I think Dina's elimination was partly the alliance/friendship between orange and pink teams and maybe she just didn't have friendships with her teammates the way she had with Rudy. Both Amanda and Shay mentioned needing to have someone who they could trust or would be a better support. The wild card voter for me was Abby. If they end up in elimination again, I'm thinking Danny will go next and then maybe Abby.

On the NBC site, where they have bonus clips, they show Daniel meeting up with his dad, which is nice. They also show blue team telling the trainers that black team's gone home.

Heba and Vicky started out with Bob anyway, since he had the husband/wife teams from the start. But I do think Jillian's comment is interesting that Bob's players usually lose the finale because they're focused on beating her rather than focusing on their issues (although Heba losing had more to do with the viewers). It's kind of ironic that Bob is portrayed as the more empathetic one when we seldom see him dealing head-on with his players' issues (ex: he coddled the Tongans when they behaved badly, glossed over Vicky's machinations, lost all control with Joelle and is just going through the motions with Tracey). Jillian cuts through the BS better. :p

Hun.e.B
10-21-2009, 09:49 PM
I thought last nights epi was a snooze fest. How long do we really need to watch fat people eating crap. How unsupportive these families come off...do we really believe they would do that? I mean, if you were only home for a short little visit why would you even go to a restraunt that had that much temptation. I really hate editing! I know my family would NEVER eat that crap in front of me if I were on a game show trying to win money for losing weight. I find it hard to believe that all these families would.

I was shocked to see that Shay has a man and stepchildren. And here she cries and cries about how she has NOTHING to go home to...uh what do you call your family?? And her little comment about how Tracy makes everything about her....hello pot meet kettle!!

I didnt really like Dina...the whole thing with the platform just irked me. Not sure why she was the one voted out though.

IgetfitNStrongforme
10-21-2009, 10:54 PM
'Biggest Loser' picks local mother, daughter for season 9
Knoxville resident Ashley Johnston has been picked as a contestant on an edition of NBC's "The Biggest Loser," to air in early 2010. A film crew from the hit series will be in Knoxville on Saturday to show Johnston, a 27-year-old esthetician working in Bearden, receiving a phone call telling her she's going to be a contestant. Johnston will be paired up with her mother, Sherry Johnston, on the show. After the phone call, Johnston and her mother will go to California, where they'll be put through the paces of the show's regime. Even if they are eliminated early, the two will remain away from Knoxville for months as filming continues. "Ashley is full of energy, full of fun," says Amanda Palmer, her boss at Natural Alternatives. "When she applied (to be on the show), we knew she'd get it. She'll make you laugh (during the) first five minutes you meet her." Palmer did not know how much weight Ashley or her mother want to lose.

Posted by Terry Morrow on September 25, 2009

---------------------------------------------------------------------
October 1, 2009

Jillian Michaels just tweeted this. I can't believe it's been that long.

Quote:
shooting breast cancer awareness stuff with Cheryl one of my oldest closet friends and then starting BL9 tonight. Can you believe it?!

So they start filming Biggest Loser 9 tonight.

Greg

Now Bob gets into the act. Heh.

Quote:
I can't believe we are starting BL9 today! I am excited about seeing Jillian on a daily basis again....LOVE HER!!!

Greg

Cali Doll
10-21-2009, 11:20 PM
How unsupportive these families come off...do we really believe they would do that? I mean, if you were only home for a short little visit why would you even go to a restraunt that had that much temptation. I really hate editing! I know my family would NEVER eat that crap in front of me if I were on a game show trying to win money for losing weight. I find it hard to believe that all these families would.

Excellent point!!

MindiV
10-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Kinda seemed to me that they were "asked" to go out to eat by production, probably. I mean...what are the odds that EVERY SINGLE ONE of them would go to a massively unhealthy restaurant while home? The whole thing screamed "setup" to me.

As for Dina...If, when I was losing weight, I'd talked to my husband about his food habits the way SHE did when they were in the restaurant, he would've divorced me (not really...but he would've been really angry). That would've been way over the top for him, and her doing that on national TV to her husband just really set me off for some reason. Her husband didn't seem too happy about it, either, from the editing and his facial expressions. You can't make people feel guilty and FORCE them to change their habits. But I thought she did a good job of sticking to her plan while everyone around her was pigging out. That's really hard to do...

onic28
10-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Dina didn't connect very well with the audiance emotionally... so I wonder if it was the same way in the house. I know she had her struggles, but, she always had this attitude of "I'm going to lose weight, with or without the show... this is is just making it easier on me". Maybe it's just me, but like they said when they voted her out, she definately had the will power to go home and do work. I can't see many of the others doing that at this point, with the exception of one or two.

Nella
10-22-2009, 11:02 AM
I thought the whole going out to eat thing was set up too. I mean really! Who would do that to their loved ones while they are on a show competing to lose weight!!! And I bet all those appetizers were sent to the table by the show not ordered.

As crazy as Tracy is, she does make me laugh with her faces.

Wannabeskinny
10-22-2009, 12:15 PM
I was very sorry to see Dina go, and I was even more sorry to see Danny stay. He's had his chances, he can't get away with being the good guy for much longer. Plus he's been at this weight loss thing way before BL8 began - he's hit his plateau like we all do. I think everyone keeps him around because he's sweet and supportive but if they thought he was going to be a real threat then he would've been outta there already.

Dina on the other hand WAS a real threat. Her confidence and independence was kicking in. She did not connect with the audience emotionally because she didn't set out to do so - she didn't play up the cameras and she didn't act the way we wanted her to act. When her husband was eating I didn't think she reacted poorly... I think she became suddenly aware of the need for change within her own family.

If going out to dinner was a set up then by default that means that the show conspired to give a boost to Dan who so rightly cooked at home and included his family in proper nutrition. You can't set up one without setting up the other by default.

I'm sick of the show's nutrition profile. They perpetuate "diet food" that nobody wants to eat. I mean really, who goes to a restaurant and orders a grilled chicken breast no salt no oil, with steamed veggies. It is not possible in my daily life to avoid oil and salt to the degree they do. I don't find their food choices appealing for long-term maintainance and they seem to be geared only towards calorie restrictions rather than inclusive nutrition. I hate the commercials for sugar free jello pudding and other such chemically laden foods that seem to contradict healthy eating. So what are you saying Jillian - that you would rather see me eating fat-free cheese than drizzling a little olive oil on my roasted veggies? What's the healthiest choice here?

dakotamidnight
10-22-2009, 12:50 PM
I thought the whole going out to eat thing was set up too. I mean really! Who would do that to their loved ones while they are on a show competing to lose weight!!! And I bet all those appetizers were sent to the table by the show not ordered.

As crazy as Tracy is, she does make me laugh with her faces.

actually there are several places in my area that do the appetizers the same - bring them out and you have to ask for them to be removed. It ups their profit margin because very few people can let it sit on the table and not take a bite, and once you touch it you have to pay for it. Annoys me every time I have to go there.

dakotamidnight
10-22-2009, 12:57 PM
I was very sorry to see Dina go, and I was even more sorry to see Danny stay. He's had his chances, he can't get away with being the good guy for much longer. Plus he's been at this weight loss thing way before BL8 began - he's hit his plateau like we all do. I think everyone keeps him around because he's sweet and supportive but if they thought he was going to be a real threat then he would've been outta there already.

Dina on the other hand WAS a real threat. Her confidence and independence was kicking in. She did not connect with the audience emotionally because she didn't set out to do so - she didn't play up the cameras and she didn't act the way we wanted her to act. When her husband was eating I didn't think she reacted poorly... I think she became suddenly aware of the need for change within her own family.

If going out to dinner was a set up then by default that means that the show conspired to give a boost to Dan who so rightly cooked at home and included his family in proper nutrition. You can't set up one without setting up the other by default.

I'm sick of the show's nutrition profile. They perpetuate "diet food" that nobody wants to eat. I mean really, who goes to a restaurant and orders a grilled chicken breast no salt no oil, with steamed veggies. It is not possible in my daily life to avoid oil and salt to the degree they do. I don't find their food choices appealing for long-term maintainance and they seem to be geared only towards calorie restrictions rather than inclusive nutrition. I hate the commercials for sugar free jello pudding and other such chemically laden foods that seem to contradict healthy eating. So what are you saying Jillian - that you would rather see me eating fat-free cheese than drizzling a little olive oil on my roasted veggies? What's the healthiest choice here?

:D:D this about the nutrition. I'm sick of them pushing organic everything. You could really tell with Shay that buying organic was pinching pennies. I know that look she had when shopping - I get it every time because money is tight. Organic isn't the key to weight loss, and I wish they would quit preaching it.

As for the chicken breast with no salt and no oil with steamed veggies - about an average meal for me when I eat out. I might add in a baked potato, but that's about it. It's just the way I eat. I grew up on a cardiac low-fat diet because of my dad's health issues, and overall eat healthy.

funnycanadiangirl
10-22-2009, 03:46 PM
My favourite this season is definitely Rudy. He just seems like such an even-keeled, hard working guy, and I appreciate that.

I also want to agree with those who've expressed their concern with Shay. I also think that she seems quite self-centered. I was surprised that they didn't really put the option of voting her out on the table. If for no other reason than because her weight pulls down the combined percentage of weight loss. And really she's not losing enough to combat that. I know that's twisted, but from the perspective of the game, it makes the most sense to me. Plus, I'm really sick of her sniping comments about others.

I also really like Allen, and hope he sticks around.

happeningf
10-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I have to agree with those who said how can they expect them to be that strict on themselves out at restaurants 24/7?

A couple episodes back when they went to that Mexican restaurant, I was truly depressed for them.

You can't let them have 1/2 serving of tortilla chips? I'm sure you can fit that into your daily count. There is no way I want to always eat that way and restrict myself so much.

I looked at poor Mo and thought of my dad and him forcing himself to sadly eat such bland things at such low calorie count... it's not right, doesn't make for a happy life. You have to eat somewhat more "normal" sometimes! No not a huge carnitas burrito but a couple tacos and some guac and some chips, is that going to kill you!? NO!

I think they are OVER DOING it, the show. Jill and Bob are shaking their head at the chips and the sauces and all that stuff at the restaurant, and I really think people tuning in are like "what? there is no way I want to live my life like that day in and day out" and they flip the remote.

MindiV
10-22-2009, 04:45 PM
My husband just called me stressing out...he had a Cherry Coke Zero (gasp!) and felt GUILTY because he "learned" on the Biggest Loser that diet sodas are HORRIBLE for you and make you GAIN weight.

I told him don't worry about it...he had ONE Coke Zero today and drinks only a single soda every day. I told him that according to TBL you're eating horribly unless you're consuming dry chicken breast with steamed veggies. A single diet coke a day won't kill him....

I agree they're taking it to an extreme this year for sure. You've gotta live LIFE sometimes, and that sometimes chips happen and you need to be prepared to eat a FEW and not a BAG. And if you eat a FEW it's not the end of life as you know it...I understand that for some people a single chip can be a slippery slope into binge territory....but not for everyone...

Hun.e.B
10-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Remember when Tara was all freaked out and wouldnt allow herself to have a glass of wine or whatever with her girlfriends. Jillian herself told her that every once in awhile that was life! You HAD to allow yourself those things.

Now I know right now...when they are in a weightloss competition they dont allow those things. But if they want to be realistic (which we all should know this show is NOT) then when they went out they would have a serving of tortilla chips or whatever. They can have that one small indulgence and still lose weight.

EZMONEY
10-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Personally I think Danny needs to man/boy up a bit...he should be doing better on the weight loss...

I think maybe Shay's stepkids don't stay with her....maybe that's why they didn't know where she was...and...from the edited clips...her husband didn't look supportive.

Aclai4067
10-22-2009, 10:36 PM
from the edited clips...her husband didn't look supportive.

I think that could be said about most of the contestants' families. All of them who went to restaurants seemed appalled by their families' choices. It's a matter of asking for help/support, and I wonder if she has.

maryshady
10-23-2009, 08:46 AM
I loved how Dina's son became her trainer and encourager, pushing her to do more. What an awesome little boy!

I did find it strange that Shay's stepsons asked where she'd been. She just up and left and no one told them where she was? Bizarre!

Hun.e.B
10-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I think Shay has just become very comfortable in her victim role so I doubt she asks for help. If she has to "do it alone" then she can stay in that poor me mode. I'm still looking forward to her becoming empowered.

MBN
10-23-2009, 11:12 AM
I think they are OVER DOING it, the show. Jill and Bob are shaking their head at the chips and the sauces and all that stuff at the restaurant, and I really think people tuning in are like "what? there is no way I want to live my life like that day in and day out" and they flip the remote.

Maybe you are right about the majority's response, but when I'm in weight loss mode, this is exactly how I handle restaurants. No appetizers, no bread, no high carb veggies, no dessert. Grilled/broiled chicken or fish, green salad with balsamic vinegar dressing, steamed veggies - that's pretty much it.

Now, when I'm in maintenance mode, I can be much more relaxed about it. In maintenance, my calorie budget can handle an off-plan meal or two in a week, I just work around it. But if I am trying to drop weight, even ONE high-calorie day can derail my weight loss for the week. And, even when I'm intentionally going off plan, I'm conscious of the calories in what I'm eating. So many people out there just have no clue at all how much it all adds up.

So, maybe the trainers came across as being totally unreasonably strict with respect to restaurant food, but if the players are aiming to lose in a significant way, they have to be extremely strict. The show isn't trying to show a moderate 2 lb/week weight loss program .....

angeline
10-23-2009, 11:22 AM
I've been AWOL for a while but I'm back and just wanted to get onboard with this season's chatter.

As for Shay, she certainly wasn't portrayed as very nurturing to those two little boys either. They seemed to really care for her but she seemed to keep them at arms length

I know some of it can be attributed to editing but you can only edit what you've got. Compared to Dina's joy at seeing her son and Shay's "i can care less" attitude...sad.

Nella
10-23-2009, 02:24 PM
My guess is that Shay is not a custodial stepmom. Her husband may have an every other weekend custody thing. And I also think she plays the "woe is me" card too much. If I up and disappeared my step kids would go nuts! I went away for a weekend last year and I got hugs and kisses and I missed yous when I got back. There's no way she has them everyday and they didn't know where she went. I agree that she was very distant to those boys. Isn't she a social worker for her profession?

Her whole situation is fishy to me.

MindiV
10-23-2009, 03:16 PM
When someone has gotten by their entire LIFE with a "woe is me" attitude, and has been rewarded in whatever way they were seeking for it, then it takes a while to break out of it.

I truly hope Shay can get out of that mindset. I think they kept her around this week because she has the potential to lose more for them...

IMO...Daniel should've gone. I like HIM, but don't think he should've been given a second chance this season. He was doing it at home and should've been left there...his spot could've and should've gone to someone else in need of TBL's guidance. He'd already HAD the guidance and was equipped to take on weight loss in the real world...someone else who was turned down to give HIM the spot was not...

L144S
10-23-2009, 05:56 PM
I like Daniel and I think as a young man he needs to be there too. he has only had a life of bad choices and need to learn to be an adult that makes good choices.

it stuck with me when he told Jillian, I wish I had loved my mom as much as she loved me. I hope he comes to relize "i wish i loved myself the way my mom loved me"

happeningf
10-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Maybe you are right about the majority's response, but when I'm in weight loss mode, this is exactly how I handle restaurants. No appetizers, no bread, no high carb veggies, no dessert. Grilled/broiled chicken or fish, green salad with balsamic vinegar dressing, steamed veggies - that's pretty much it.

Now, when I'm in maintenance mode, I can be much more relaxed about it. In maintenance, my calorie budget can handle an off-plan meal or two in a week, I just work around it. But if I am trying to drop weight, even ONE high-calorie day can derail my weight loss for the week. And, even when I'm intentionally going off plan, I'm conscious of the calories in what I'm eating. So many people out there just have no clue at all how much it all adds up.

So, maybe the trainers came across as being totally unreasonably strict with respect to restaurant food, but if the players are aiming to lose in a significant way, they have to be extremely strict. The show isn't trying to show a moderate 2 lb/week weight loss program .....

touche... a you're right. this is all for a competition so they must be extreme. I still got depressed for them, maybe I would have felt better about it if the trainers said "look, it's not always going to be like this. You will be able to have birthday cake at birthday, and some chips when you go out for Mexican food. But right now, we are doing this full-force and hardcore" everyone at that table just looked so morose! :(

Makes me wonder if Bill and Jillian always eat so clean/strict. I remember one of them saying when they want a cupcake, they eat 1/2 of one only.. that's good. And you're right, someone who mentioned that Jillian told Tara she can have a glass of wine, so that's good.

Cali Doll
10-24-2009, 06:06 PM
I agree with everyone about Shay and her stepsons. I noticed that there wasn't a lot of warmth there between them. It made me a little uncomfortable.

Wannabeskinny
10-26-2009, 10:11 AM
:D:D this about the nutrition. I'm sick of them pushing organic everything. You could really tell with Shay that buying organic was pinching pennies. I know that look she had when shopping - I get it every time because money is tight. Organic isn't the key to weight loss, and I wish they would quit preaching it.

As for the chicken breast with no salt and no oil with steamed veggies - about an average meal for me when I eat out. I might add in a baked potato, but that's about it. It's just the way I eat. I grew up on a cardiac low-fat diet because of my dad's health issues, and overall eat healthy.

I'm glad that you eat healthy and everything, but this whole idea of eating healthy is getting to be very elitist and narrowminded the way that I see it. Just because I'm putting olive oil on my veggies and chicken breast does not mean that you're eating healthy and I'm not... in fact I disagree completely and I believe that adding olive oil makes it even healthier than dry steamed food.

I simply cannot adopt this view on eating, I prefer a more european approach like the one stated in "French Women Don't Get Fat" where how you eat is just as important as what you eat. If cultures all around the world can enjoy cheese, wine, bread, and fruit and be healthy then I can also. I'm not going to buy into TBL's view on nutrition that forbids them from eating mangos and bananas because they're too high in calories. TBL really thinks that food is the enemy.

As for organic food, I buy organic when I can but I do it more for socio-economic reasons than just taste. I believe we all have the right to eat affordable organic food free of pestisides, and hopefully locally grown. The more people spend their dollars on organic food the more the demand will grow and result in lower costs. So one day when organic food is affordable and available to everyone you will be able to thank people like me who are willing to spend our hard-earned dollars now.

MindiV
10-26-2009, 04:39 PM
It makes me wonder if the "Food is bad" mentality DRIVEN into the contestants' minds on the ranch is part of the reason so many of them regain weight after they leave.

I mean, some may be lucky enough or have access to a lot of healthy foods and/or a gym after they leave...but I would imagine a lot of them don't. So they go home and husband/wife wants pizza once a week, which isn't in the "no oil and steamed veggies" Biggest Loser plan. Sure they can resist for a while, but to me it's not realistic to do without these things always.

I love the show...but TBL almost brainwashes these people over all these weeks to ONLY eat certain things....and then when they leave and inevitably slip, even if only a little (they ARE human)...some are able to move past it and others just slide down the slope back into their old habits.

Just a thought...

suzie42
10-26-2009, 11:03 PM
I agree. The one they always point out that gained the weight back....can't think of his name, but he was the red head season winner awhile back...they said he didn't "get it" and wasn't doing it for himself, etc. so that's why....but this guys job IRL was being a cook at a Deli...I mean come on. I've worked at restaurants over the years, and one of the perks is usually eating the food there. They had even showed a clip of him at work, and him saying it was hard to resist picking up a peice of bacon that he had to cook every day. That has got to be a rough situation...

....unless I'm totally wrong and he became some trainer after the show and just "fell off the wagon and binged" but I didn't keep track of what happened to him after the show. :)

~Suzie

ringmaster
10-27-2009, 09:07 PM
just watched last week's..

it does seem odd that a couple of the families went out to eat at the places they did. I see Danny choosing to stay home payed off for him since he lost the most. Abby going home and they had a big buffet type thing out seemed odd :?: Maybe when they say they have no support, that's what they meant...

I wonder what Daniel was doing that he gained.. didn't he lose nothing the week before? I guess it is his plateau since they didn't show him going off plan. He is more fit and has been at it longer then the other people also.

I'm surprised Shay isn't losing more. Usually the weight flies off at higher weights. it looks like she isn't close with the stepchildren and maybe her husband really isn't supportive judging how it looked when they went out to eat. Even though she is whiney, I'm hoping to see her make a transformation.

Aclai4067
10-27-2009, 10:15 PM
This episode seems a bit over the top. Sorry, Jillian you're no therpist. I can't help feeling like she's bringing up their issues more for ratings than the contestants' benefits

dakotamidnight
10-27-2009, 11:07 PM
just finished watching tonight's show...

Is anyone else thinking that Daniel has something going on medically? Something just isn't adding up with his weight loss.

As for the issues - I think they are trying to get them to work through them at the ranch, because it's much harder to try to work through things like that in the "real" world.

Rebound
10-27-2009, 11:27 PM
My only question: When did Liz become SUCH a B!TCH??!!??!!??!!

dakotamidnight
10-27-2009, 11:49 PM

when Tracy split the teams up I think brought it out.

april714
10-27-2009, 11:59 PM

NO KIDDING!!!

I was wondering if anyone else was thinking this.

Me Too
10-28-2009, 12:52 AM
I was in tears for Abby at the end. She is one brave and loving women, I am glad she is helping others like herself.
And the crazy B^%$h is still there!!

nellonello
10-28-2009, 02:15 AM

Yeah and what happened to her sticking it to Tracey??

Kimphin
10-28-2009, 11:18 AM
I used to like Liz - now she seems just as crazy as Tracy, only crankier.

I am sad that Abby went home - I really liked her. For a second there I thought that maybe they would send Daniel home instead. Either something is up medically or he is not following the plan as much as he says that he is.

Ilene
10-28-2009, 12:00 PM
There is something up with Daniel, sneak eating? Twice on the show and not more weight loss than this? I dunno :shrug:

Tracy's eyes :dizzy: freak me out :lol: She really looks :devil: sometimes...

Abby is a nice nice girl, I loved her parents :yes:

Liz, maybe going through some hormonal changes, I can relate to that and the *****iness...

Yes, I did wonder : when did Jillian get her Psychology degree ? She's a bit much at times :rolleyes:

amynbebes
10-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Tracy is making me crazy.

sweetandspicy
10-28-2009, 01:08 PM
I agree with you all. Liz seemed to have changed or are they just now letting us know the real liz???? Also I wonder about Danny, now myself would be over joyed with a 4 pound loss, but If I worked out and ate the way they do I would be very dissapointed with only -4. I am thinking it is medical. I also just wanted Abby to hit wonderland last night, but she sure looks great now!!!

Phyxius79
10-28-2009, 01:17 PM
I think the only reason I really like this show is to see the peoples transformations. Not only in weight but over all.

I have noticed though, that the people I tend to like leave somewhat early. I think it is because I am drawn to their selflessness. Like Abby. Even though she says she wasn't 'living' she had a heart of gold. When Jillian was being the therapist I knew Abby was going home. I wonder if Jillian doesn't try to be therapist cause she wants to help these people more then showing them how to be healthy when it comes to food and exercise. I kind of think Jillian may have a caring heart, I think it may be what drives her to do what she has done in the industry.

It seems there are a lot of crazies this season. Maybe it is because it is only the second season I am watching. Unfortunalty I am guessing one of them will win. I will hope that they don't though.

I think Abby looked amazing. I am happy she is able to use her life experiences to drive her and motivate and inspire others. I can't wait to see her on the finale!

ddc
10-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Jillian's mother is a therapist/psychologist or something, I believe (she's been on the show before in that capacity).
They probably have some sort of therapist consulting on the show, don't ya think?

time2lose
10-28-2009, 02:38 PM
I think that something medical is going on for Daniel too. I am convinced that he worked hard this week. Jillian expects him to lose just like Danny because they are on the same program. Everyone is not alike. When people say that Daniel must not be following the program, it reminds me of all the times someone (usually a doctor) looked at me funny when I would tell them that I had been following a plan but was losing very slowly or not at all. Like they did not believe me.

I am looking forward to seeing how Jillian reacts to this. Will she not believe Daniel when he says that he is following the program? Will she consider that there is a possibility that he needs a different program? Will she have the doctor look into possible medical issues? Can she admit that HER program might not work for everyone? The story continues..................

trekkiegirl
10-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Wow, Liz has become nasty since losing Danny as her teammate. The ragging on Tracey made some sense but she is badmouthing everybody on black team now except for Danny, talking about how two-faced they are. Pot, meet kettle.

There is def an orange/pink alliance determining black team's voting...Amanda confirmed it. Danny was lucky he had immunity the last 2 weeks or it would have been his tush out the door first.

I'll miss Abby but I can see the sense in her going home. First, it was what she wanted and asked them to do. But, from a game point of view, she was injured and couldn't compete in anything. Her weight loss was diminished because of her restrictions. Keeping Daniel, who could at least compete, and has won several times, makes more sense for the team.

Now that it seems they are going to singles next week, Danny (brown Danny) might have a bit of a reprieve. He won't be the odd man out anymore, he'll just have to make sure not to fall below the yellow line. But he's a big guy with a lot of weight to lose, and guys like that are always threats. If he goes below with anybody but Rudy or Allen, he could be in trouble. At least he still has Liz...Rudy and Allen have both lost their original partners and we haven't seen them be particularly chummy with any of the others...they may not have any alliances to help them out.

I'm not really a fan of the former pink team girls but Amanda got on my nerves last night, esp. going on about the camera in her face 24-7. What did she expect? :?:

Nella
10-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Amanda got on my nerves last night, esp. going on about the camera in her face 24-7. What did she expect? :?:

I was thinking this as well. She knew what she signed up for! She has been living it for how many weeks, and all of a sudden, it's a huge issue. I wonder if she was PMSing or something. I like Amanda, but I want to see her go. She whines WAY too much for me. I love Rudy and Allen and I even like Danny. Liz is just a cranky crank, but I like it! Tracy and her crazy eyes!! lol, I thought it was so funny when Abby said "Tracy, well, she's just crazy."

I also noticed that Shay was wearing her wedding rings this week. Maybe they are just starting to fit again? :?:

I cried for like an hour during the show. Abby puts me to tears. She looks so good now!!! Another 40+ pounds lost at home! Good for her!!! I hope life brings her a happy future.

Aclai4067
10-28-2009, 07:32 PM

I never really liked Liz. She's always whining or b****ing about something. Like the episode when they had to eat out all week. She kept giving it as an excuse as if she were the only one facing that obsticle.

Iwanawurkit
10-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Between Crazy Tracy and B!tchy Liz....I am so sorry to see Abby go but she looks amazing! Still rooting for Daniel....bless his heart.

LookingForMeAgain
10-28-2009, 08:34 PM
I cried and screamed and yelled and swore to never watch again last night. I was so dissapointed that they sent Abby home. Cruel!

EZMONEY
10-28-2009, 08:57 PM
I agree...LIZ has stepped it up a bit..or MORE...in the smack talk..

wonder if it's "recommended" by the show....

Does anyone else think Danny might be "sneaking" food somehow?

QuilterInVA
10-28-2009, 09:29 PM
I think Danny's problem is he has hit a plateau and they can last for weeks. I am on my way to a 200+ pounds lose and this has happened to me.

KarenAZ
10-28-2009, 11:08 PM
This is the first season I have watched it. Amen to that plateau :( I JUST got past mine and am losing again. How depressing they are! Do ANY of us respond well to someone screaming in your face like Jillian was? I know I would have walked out. Sometimes you just CAN'T do it. I thought she needed to back off - it was obviously uncomfortable for others there also. I wanted Abby to stay. Danny is my favorite. I have to say I am really liking the show!

Hun.e.B
10-28-2009, 11:32 PM
I love Liz...I think she's funny as ****! She had me laughing out loud last night with her comments. I dont see her as bit$$y at all I just think she's got alot of sass.

I like Daniel less and less each episode. He has Eddie Haskell written all over him. He's been caught lying and he acted then (lying about the waterlogging) the same way when he was questioned about his lack of losses. something about him just doesnt sit right with me and I think like Danny said its time for him to go home, he's done this 2 seasons, he very well may be on a plateau now.

I'll miss watching Abby...she looks so amazing though!! What a class act that lady is.

Groa
10-29-2009, 03:37 PM
As people acknowledged in another thread, when you are using 6000 calories a day and eating 1200, you're gonna get cranky. I think Liz is a hoot and I think she intends to be funny, not evil. I like her. I don't care for Amanda but again maybe the crankiness is at play. I agree that there's something oily about Daniel. If he doesn't lose much next week, assuming there are still teams, he's gotta go home because otherwise his teammates are being picked off due to his failure to lose.

april714
10-29-2009, 04:59 PM
I really like Rebecca and relate to her. Am I the only one? Don't see her name brought up much.

Amanda is whiney. Liz is *****y. Tracy is crazy. Abby is sweet. Honestly, a lot of the others fade into the background for me.

And I would love to have Jillian in my face. I think I could really benefit from her in your face style. Maybe that's going back to all the years of team sports and coach making us run sprints. Unfortunately, I can't afford a personal trainer. But if I could, I'd want one like Jillian.

MindiV
10-29-2009, 05:13 PM
I'd like a Jillian when I work out, too...some days I NEED someone to tell me to quit being a lazy lump and get ON the elliptical, quit whining and just DO it!!

Phyxius79
10-29-2009, 10:09 PM
I wonder if Amanda's age is a big card in how she acts. She is so young and I think sometimes it really really shows. Life lessons, she is getting a lot of them while on this show.

ringmaster
10-30-2009, 11:42 PM
aww Abby went home? I'm surprised. I watched her where are they now on the BL site, I'm glad she continued and looks great and happy now. It looks like she was taking a Billy Blank's Taebo class!? If that's what it was, that's awesome, he usually is very motivational.

I'm watching the other bonus clips...and it looks like Liz was complaining to Shay and Daniel. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes next. This clip is funny, she admits she is being a b!tch.

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/clips/week-7-liz-confronts-daniel/1170171/?__cid=nbceditorial

I think Jillian would be understanding her program isn't working for Daniel. On her radio show she talked alot about hormonal imbalances and thyroid problems. She herself is hypothyroid and it prevented her from getting as lean as she wanted till it got treated. But medical or not, he's not helping the team if he isn't losing, I wonder how long he will stay vs. Liz.

Wannabeskinny
11-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm watching the other bonus clips...and it looks like Liz was complaining to Shay and Daniel. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes next. This clip is funny, she admits she is being a b!tch.

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/clips/week-7-liz-confronts-daniel/1170171/?__cid=nbceditorial

Haha, hillarious clip. However, it's so sad to see Shay, her anger management issues seem very severe to me. She takes everything personally, and she declares war at the drop of a hat. I honestly don't enjoy watching her on the show, I think her issues run deeper than what TBL can do for her.

khunter
11-01-2009, 12:03 PM
I just watched that video...WOW! I really haven't liked Liz for a while. Mostly because of the Tracy issue. Tracy is crazy and she had a chance to vote her off and said over and over that she would and now it seems that she is just getting more and more chummy with her as the weeks go by.
I hope the blue team goes to elimination and I wish they could vote 2 off and get rid of Liz and Tracy.

Cali Doll
11-01-2009, 09:07 PM
I love Liz...I think she's funny as ****! She had me laughing out loud last night with her comments. I dont see her as bit$$y at all I just think she's got alot of sass.

I like Daniel less and less each episode. He has Eddie Haskell written all over him. He's been caught lying and he acted then (lying about the waterlogging) the same way when he was questioned about his lack of losses. something about him just doesnt sit right with me and I think like Danny said its time for him to go home, he's done this 2 seasons, he very well may be on a plateau now.

I'll miss watching Abby...she looks so amazing though!! What a class act that lady is.

I agree with every word! Liz is just a sassy older lady and I'm totally digging her.

Daniel needs to go. I like the kid and all, but it's time; however, NOT before Shay. I was so hoping Shay would get the boot this week. Sorry, but she bugs! I noticed she was so, so sad about sending Abby home but not enough to offer up herself for elimination, right? It's like she knows she's got a secure spot on the show. At this point I think the only way she can redeem herself is to offer herself up for elimination and to go home. LOL!

I will miss Abby.

Danny and Rudy for the win!