100 lb. Club - An attitude of gratitude.
09-15-2009, 07:56 PM
No matter what's going on in your life (wonderful or terrible) - there are always things to be grateful for. Every morning for the past 10 years I've written down five things I am grateful for. Some day's it's hard, some day's easy, & some day's a repeat of the past day.
Got five (or more). Do you want to share? It always feels good.
- My DH found a new job when he was let go when his company downsized last February. He loves his new job.
- the special seniors in my life - Mom, Aunt Mackie, & Rachel (step mom)
- being able to see pictures of my Grandson on Facebook
- I worked all summer - even with a bum foot - I am so grateful
- internet, 3fc, email, cell phone
I love these kinds of threads!
I used to keep a gratitude diary ! Can i join in please? :-)
I am grateful for:
1. my good health!
2. taking control of my food and exercise and feeling in control for the first time in my life. thanks to this forum.
3. i am thankful i found this forum. it's changed my life!
4. for the delicious food i get to eat everyday :)
5. being healthy and able to exercise.
ps i had the same exact ticker design! hehe, i just changed it recently. but that flower and sunshine smilie combo is the best :)
Thighs Be Gone
09-15-2009, 08:05 PM
I love this idea.
1. My friend Maricella and the friendship we are forming.
2. That I found a vitamin regimen that I HOPE will help my child today.
3. My hubby that goes to work in snow, sleet or rain--sick or not, day after day with a joyful heart.
4. For our administration at the school.
5. For nutritious food and the beautiful bounty it brings. That we live in a country that allows this true delight--without standing in lines for hours and without shortages. I am thankful too for fresh, clean water. I do not risk my health to drink water (after walking miles) that may or may not get me sick.
Thighs Be Gone
09-15-2009, 08:08 PM
A HUGE APPRECIATION TO ALL THE LADIES ABOARD HERE AT THREE FC THAT SHARE INFINITE KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF ALL THINGS WEIGHT RELATED! I LOVE YOU GUYS!
09-15-2009, 08:44 PM
I am grateful for:
My wonderful boyfriend
The people here
Exercise and my newfound love of it.
09-15-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm grateful for:
1. My wonderful husband and the newfound closeness we're finding.
2. My daughter and her beautiful family.
3. This forum and all the inspiration and help it's given me.
4. This country that I live in.
5. My health.
09-16-2009, 12:52 AM
1. My hubby. :val2:
2. My cats.
3. My sister.
4. That I don't have to go to work for the next two days. :dance:
5. The weight I have lost so far. :woops:
09-16-2009, 01:19 AM
My daughter, who turns 9 tomorrow, and her sisters.
The opportunities we have in this country: religious freedom without persecution & the chance to homeschool my kids
My wonderful husband
Mammograms - one of which saved my mom's life
09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
I love this idea!!! I think I need to keep a greatful journal... and I really think my 10 year old son could benefit from one as well (he is a VERY negative person :( )
1. I am grateful that even though they are off a day almost every week, hubby is still working!
2. I am grateful that all of my children are healthy and for the most part happy.
3. I am grateful to have the love and support of a wonderful husband.
4. I am grateful that I have found the strength to take control of my food and fitness.
5. I am grateful that I have some brains and somehow figured out what was wrong with my internet this morning and got it all back up and going (why the heck does it all go haywire every now and then... I will never know!)
09-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I really needed this today, and I probably need to do this every day. Thank you!
I'm so very grateful for...
1. My husband
2. My four-legged kids
3. My family and friends (including 3FC)
4. My overall very good health and being pain-free
5. My strength and dedication to reduce my weight and increase my fitness.
09-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Excellent idea (and one that I plan to begin for myself every day now!)
I am grateful for:
1) my husband and his unending love and support
2) nearby bathrooms (sorry I have an intestinal bug right now and close bathrooms are necessary :dizzy: )
4) the education I have that gives me a great job that I love
5) the ability to have my hubby work towards an advanced degree in a calling that is perfect for him
09-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Mine for today.
- 7 days of solid food sanity - I am so grateful
- Went to Bob Evans with Mom last night & got the small chicken, cranberry, pecan & blue cheese salad. (it didn't need any dressing) Online it said it was 668 calories. I ate very very slowly and only ate about half. It was so delicious & I felt no guilt because I was eating a reasonable amount of food and staying in my calorie range.
- My Mom is so busy at her senior apartment - Treasurer, greeting card lady, helps with the grocery lists for folks who can't get out (Kroger will bring in groceries at no charge.) She's so funny - she says that she does the things she likes...but, don't ask her to bake cookies.
- my stepmom, has recovered from her bad fall and is back into full swing.
traci in training
09-16-2009, 03:27 PM
I keep a gratitude journal, too. Keeps me focused on what really matters in life. I'm grateful for my new job, I think I'm really going to like it. Today I'm grateful for the day off - two long days of orientation wears out your brain! I'm grateful that my husband feels better today - he's been sick since Sunday. I'm grateful that the pond seems to be recovering and a few of my fish are still alive. I'm grateful for the trip I'm going to make to the grocery in a few minutes. Lots of food to choose from and I can afford a cart full - something not to forget to be grateful for.
09-16-2009, 03:51 PM
I am grateful for:
My wonderful healthy SLIM and active children... may they never have a weight problem
My absolutely understanding and fantastic husband
The ability to purchase good and healthy foods without breaking my budget
The skills I have to prepare healthy meals for my family
My large floor to ceiling windows that allow me to look up to the sky whenever I want.
09-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Today I'm grateful for:
1. My beautiful children.
2. The ability to forgive or start to forgive.
3. My compassion.
4. My support systems, friends, family and online groups.
5. My husband - even though we are having troubles right now, I'm grateful because he helped shape me into a more assertive person and that is helping me be the person I need to be right now.
09-23-2009, 10:18 AM
- Yesterday I had a good on plan day - I am so grateful.
- my mom, stepmom, aunt (my seniors) are all doing well and active
- I don't think the groundhog is living under our deck this time
- my son has stepped up to take more and more responsibility in his job & it is appreciated
- my 2 1/2 year grandson said to me on the phone: "Love oo, B" (he calls me B) My heart just melted.
Thighs Be Gone
09-23-2009, 10:26 AM
I am grateful for:
My good coffee I am drinking
The cooler weather
My kids--hands down the best thing I have done in my life
My little brother
09-23-2009, 12:52 PM
1. My wonderful, amazing, hard working, supportive hubby.
2. I found snickerdoodle flavored coffee.
3. I have wonderful health care coverage.
4. Jillian Michaels
5. An Echo in the Bone from Diana Gabaldon is FINALLY out.
I think I will copy these to a small notebook and start a gratitude journal of my own.
09-23-2009, 01:43 PM
I love this. Thank you Beverly :hug:
Today, I am grateful for:
- my husband and his ability to make me laugh every single day, even if he's driving me up the $&*%# wall :)
- my 2 dogs who make our house a home
- my job - we're having layoffs in the next week and I am not one of them
- a London Broil I have marinating for dinner tonight :drool:
- this website, of course. :D
09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Today i am grateful for:
1) The sun is out and it's a beautiful day even though it's getting colder everyday, the trees are all yellow and it snowed up the Dempster Highway this past weekend.
2) My mind, I'm attending the National Learning Disabilities Conference (going down tomorrow) so I can take some lectures/presentations on Advocacy.
3) Wonderful friends who give a damn and are there for me.
4) My children are doing very well and my 3rd Grader has an amazing teacher this year who is working closely with us to help Kale reach his potential.
5) My creative mind, last night for my writing workshop. We are workshopping my piece tonight, I'm nervous and excited about it.
09-28-2009, 08:23 AM
- my sister is coming to visit this week. I haven't seen her in a year. I am so, so happy to be able to see her. She is going to stay for a week!
- even though our health insurance isn't very good - I am grateful for what we do have
- the pretty huge patch of cosmos I see from my window. Always makes me smile
- Facebook has been so much fun - that I've connected with friends from high school and college
- friends and family
09-28-2009, 09:04 AM
i love this thread!!! i do keep a gratitude journal, it really helps remind me whats truely important to me.
~ My husband. theres not a day goes by that i dont thank my lucky stars that found a man like him.
~ my beautiful and healthy son. he is so funny and thankfully is never sick.
~ being in a financial position to be able to stay at home with my son. some days it drives me crackers, but i love it really!
~ access to resources on how to feed my family a diet packed with nutrition and flavour.
~ 3FC. i dont post a whole lot, but i have learned so much from the women here. i am not the only one who feels out of control with food and it is possible to lose weight!!!
09-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I count my blessings every day it carries me through many days having the reminder of what I have to be thankful for. But I will say I never thought to write them down.
Great idea !!!!!!!!!
1. I am thankful for my children
2. I am thankful I have a job
3. I am thankful I have a place to live
4. I am thankful to be healthy enough to continue to work.
5. I am thankful that I have a couple ppl I can call friend and mean it.
09-29-2009, 08:33 AM
I wanted to "bump" this up because I think often we spend too much time thinking about the things in our life that aren't the best instead of focusing on what is good and what we are blessed with in this life.
1. I am grateful I remembered to wake up with a positive outlook today
2. I am happy I planted my garlic bed 2 days ago before the rains came
3. I am happy that while I feel overwhelmed financially right now I am still able to keep my head slightly above water...lol
4. I am grateful that my coughing was less last night so I slept a little better.
5. I am grateful my children are all healthy and strong
Ok, now it's your turn. What are you grateful for today ????????
09-29-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm thankful for my grandmother, the strongest 90 year old woman I've ever met in my entire life. She has undergone two surgeries in the past week, and she's recovering beautifully. I love her :]
09-29-2009, 09:37 AM
My realtionship with the Lord that it be ever enduring.
My two wonderful children
My job, after losing mine last October and finding this one in December.
My 2nd part time job.
09-29-2009, 09:43 AM
This thread is a great idea!
I am most grateful for:
1 - My family
2 - My church family
3 - My friends, here on 3FCs and elsewhere
09-29-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm grateful for:
for being lucky enough to have a wonderful family that I get long with.
for finding a job I love.
for being healthy enough to explore my physical abilities.
and for discovering that I have the power to change/overcome obstacles in my life.
Thighs Be Gone
09-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Today I am thankful for:
09-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Today I am thankful for:
My son knowing when to say when
My sister is coming to visit this week from California
Willingness to keep trying
The last of the summer flowers are so pretty to look at
A warm house on a chilly day
09-29-2009, 12:43 PM
today i am thankful for
~all the support that my husband is giving me lately. i am hard to live with right now but he is ever patient.
~my son who is enjoying the food discovery i am on right now. today he asked for seconds of a steaming bowl of homemade brocolli and spinach soup and told me it makes his belly happy.
~where i live. i love being out in the countryside surrounded by fresh air and beautiful autumn scenery.
~being financially stable, after a long period of uncertainty.
~that its not raining today!
09-30-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm grateful my children are all healthy
I'm grateful my car still gets me from point A to point B
I'm grateful I have my job
I'm grateful I can see beauty of today
I'm grateful that when I close my eyes and count my blessings I can feel a warm peace inside
10-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Mine for today are:
1. I was born in a 1st world country
2. I have a self-cleaning oven
3. Big towels
4. I have Goals
5. All my sense work
I have an odd list today.
Yesterday I wrote in my journal:
1. The best hubby ever.
3. I have a house to live in
4. I have access to a free gym with an indoor track
10-02-2009, 06:30 AM
What a wonderful thread!!
1. I'm eternally grateful for my wonderfully supportive husband who does so much for me every day just to show me he loves me.
2. I'm grateful for my beautiful, intuitive, totally loving dog and her very affectionate sister in cat form.
3. I'm so thankful for my magnificent body that is healthy and able to do all the exercises I need to do in order to become more fit and active.
4. I'm grateful for finding this website and all of you wonderful people here who are so kind and supportive and who give me a place where I can feel accountable to somebody for the choices I make during each day, so I'm not alone in the struggle to become fit.
5. I'm grateful for my new bike that I got this summer. It's wonderful to have a bike that I can ride comfortably, and be so comfy on it that I can actually go for long bike rides with my husband for the first time in our lives! :)
10-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Today I am especially grateful for:
* a beautiful day
* the blessing of family
* that I live in a free country with abundance (even if that abundance is one of the reasons that I put on so much weight)
* 3 FCs
10-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Can I join in?
Today, I'm grateful for:
1. The fact that I don't have to go to work today or tomorrow
2. My beautiful children
3. The fact that my daughter is exploring exciting educational opportunities
4. My financial security
5. My good fortune in my chosen calling
10-15-2009, 09:41 AM
This morning I was rushing around the house trying to get as much done as possible in the 15 minutes that I had before leaving the house. Thinking about that during my drive, I reflected on how much more I accomplished in that 15 minutes than I could have 65 pounds ago. I made a couple of trips up and down the stairs, carried laundry, moved briskly cleaning.
I am grateful that I can move so freely now. I am grateful to know that this time next year, I will be moving even faster!
10-15-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm grateful that today I could teach my class effectively (well, mostly ;) ) and that both my students and I enjoyed it. Some days I just love being an educator :)
10-15-2009, 02:26 PM
i am grateful for
the fact that despite being very down, i can function and get things done that need done.
That my kidlet is getting excellent grades in school.
That i have my very own home.
That my cars are both running.
That my pets are healthy.
That i and my kidlet are healthy.
That there is hope.
10-15-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to walk my granddaughter to school and just before she went in the door she stopped to give me a kiss.
10-16-2009, 07:45 AM
This is what I wrote in my journal today:
- DH is home from traveling for work
- ice and the heating pad - I am always amazed and grateful how effective these things can be for ones aches and pains
- my grandson is going to be a hamburger and french fries for Halloween. This so cute because the family business is a college restaurant who's specialty are burgers,
- photographs of my grandson - so much fun to look at
- my nice warm house on a cold morning -I hope for the homeless to get shelter from the cold