View Poll Results: How long have you been on Weight Watchers (or other weight loss program?
Less than 6 months 2 18.18%
6 months to 1 year 2 18.18%
2 years 3 27.27%
3 years 1 9.09%
More than 3 years 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 10:01 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default How Long on WW?

I'd like to know how long you've been on WW. Some of you are Lifetime members, some have just started. After you answer the poll question, could you post and tell us if you've reached goal (and how long it took for you) and any other information you'd like to share about your weight loss success?

Thanks!!
Old 07-17-2002, 10:05 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Me Again

I've been on WW since January of this year, so just over 6 months. I started with about 55 lbs to lose and I guess I thought I'd have reached goal by now, so I'm a little discouraged with how slow it's going for me right now. I know some of you have lost a lot of weight on the plan, and I was just curious to know how long it took you. Maybe I'm not as far behind schedule as I'm feeling...
Old 07-17-2002, 10:10 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

I too started WW in January. Have lost approx. 40 lbs and still need to lose a few more to reach goal. Although, I plan on setting a personal goal that is about 10lbs less than my WW goal. The first 5 months flew by and it was easy to stay OP. Have been playing with the same 5lbs for the last 2 months but I'm OK with that for the duration of the summer. Will probably kick into serious losing mode towards fall when the social life slows down.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:22 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

I started WW on 18 Aug 1999, and got to goal on 15 Dec 1999, lost 39.5 pounds. and i've been lifetime (or gold member as we call it in the UK) ever since. i lost a few more pounds so i'm below goal and would like to lose a few more but happy to hover where i am rather than put it all back on!
i lost weight pretty quickly, but i was eating v v v badly before.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:25 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

I officially started in August 2000, but I had been doing it from home from June 15 2000 and was down about 20 lbs in two months, mostly b/c I'd just dumped a horrid b/f and was so relieved I wasn't overeating as much.

Then I got a good job and started going to the meetings. From Aug 2000 - July 2002 I lost 45 lbs more (so in total, about 65, but I only count from when I started WW b/c its hard to admit I weighed that much!! its off the record....). That doesn't seem like a lot when you look at how its been 2 years this summer, but that I have kept it off and not gained again is a real triumph for me...

Besides which, doesn't slow and steady win the race.?

Unfortunately, I will admit that there was about 6 months in there I was complacent and didn't journal or pay much attention and just enjoyed being "thinner" and not focused on getting thin.

Anyway, that is my story.

Here I am a size 16 still, but I was a size 22/24 in June 2000. And, this sounds hokey, but I am really a LOT more healthy than I was. I walk to work 25 min each way 5 days a week. That alone would have killed me 2 years ago- and I remember when I first started walking I didn't think I could make it, but now I do it without thinking, I even like it. I run (just starting again after my injury) and bike and hike a lot easier now.

I can also fit into size 16 clothes - Old Navy clothes (I bought apair of black pants there, for the first time....ever. Yes, its true, I have never owned a pair of black dress pants b/c I was always too overweight. and when I wasn't that overweight, they still didnt' ahve any that looked good, but now they do - YAY!! Plus, I love Old Navy feels good to buy in a "normal store", although I still look in the plus stores cuz my size overlaps mostly from reg to plus)

Belle
Old 07-17-2002, 10:38 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Wow - you girls are losing 40 pounds in 6 months? amazing. It took me a year to lose 50.

I've been on WW since Nov 6, 2000. So, what's that 20 months I guess. On my one-year anniversary exactly I had lost 50 pounds.

I was 220 pounds and a size 22/24 at Lane Bryant. Now I'm 139.5 and a size 8 or a size 10. I'm an 8 at Old Navy and the Gap and a size 10 at the Express and the Limited.

Still have 29.5 pounds to lose... and I feel like it will take me forever.. but I'm wicked excited about getting there.

Lisa
Old 07-17-2002, 10:50 AM   #7  
Bono Fanatic!

I joined in April 1999 and reached goal in September 1999. I started at 180 (size 14) and I lost 30 pounds. I now wear a size 10. So, essentially, I have been maintaining for almost 3 years. I have learned it will always be a battle, but have decided it is a battle I am willing to fight!
Old 07-17-2002, 03:53 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Good Poll Jess!

I've been on for about 14 months (and 70#) that actually works out to 1.25 pounds a week - of course that's now how it went - peaks and valleys - I said 2 years because there was no place for between 1-2 years. Everyone is doing so well!
KT
Old 07-17-2002, 08:15 PM   #9  
Duchess Tiger Lily

I've been on WW on and off for almost 4 years now. I had a real roller coaster ride trying to get pregnant because of a hormone imbalance, so I had several pregnancies, where I had to quit WW and several miscarriages (where I ate out of grief and stress) so it's really been a yo-yo situation. I do have to say, though, when I am on it and faithful to it, it is very effective. The thing that has been my big snag over the years is the whole pregnancy thing...so I'm trying so hard to get everything off now before we try (and hopefully succeed) to have another little miracle. My highest weight ever was 201 (but that was a few hours before I had Aaron). This past time, I began at 193. I made it all the way down to 175 in three and a half months, then I screwed around with it all and now I'm back up to 180. But I'm back on track now! And I really don't have a specific goal weight yet...I'm kind of playing with 125 in my head, but I want to wait until I'm further along to figure out where I really want to end up. I too fluctuate between "normal" and plus sizes...frustrating, because nothing really fits right!
Old 07-18-2002, 09:35 PM   #10  
Running Babe

I started July 2000 reached goal in April 2001 and lost a grand total of 90+ lbs getting there. It was really quick to be honest.

I was a size 20/22, now I am a size 5-7.

Take Care!

Ali
Closed Thread