South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Twitterings

A happy good Tuesday morning! I have a big pot of fragrant coffee, and there's plenty for everyone.

I got my housecleaning all done yesterday, and laundry's all caught up, so I think this morning I'll start cleaning up my front perrenial bed and start getting it ready for winter, once the sun comes up. There are several salvia that need cutting back and some other plants that need deadheading. I'm really enjoying the extra time I have now in the mornings to get some things done around here, rather than trying to do it all on the weekend.

What's on everyone's agenda for today?
Old 09-15-2009, 06:30 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage, and I'm glad you are enjoying your new schedule. I wish I could have some of that coffee but I'm off for fasting bloodwork at 8:45. It sure is a long time until then when you can't have coffee!

After that I have a Board meeting of the Hort. Society, luckily in the same place. This afternoon I have Pet Therapy at Mapleview Lodge from 3 to 4:40 so it's a really chopped up day.

The painting is done and I'm a bit startled by the brightness of "Buttermilk". It's way more yellow that I thought. Yesterday I went in the room to turn the lights off and realized there were no lights, just the paint. Today Paul is going to lay the ceramic tiles and tomorrow is hardwood day! I go away next Wednesday and am counting on things being done by then. I may persuade Dana to hold off on painting the diningroom until I am away.

Time to have my bath and then make a breakfast sandwich to take along for after the bloodwork. I'm seldom hungry in the morning but my stomach is having a tantrum right now!

Have a lovely Tuesday.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sorry about the coffee talk, Ruth. I think I would have just tried to sleep in a little later, as that's a long time to go before you can finally have a cup and something to eat. That's an amusing story about your paint color, but at least you'll have a bright, cheerful room to greet you during the long, dark winter.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:41 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Cottage, thanks for putting the coffee on for our Tuesday visit. It sounds like your weather must be cooperating if you're going to work outside. Have a great day. I hope we hear from Cyndi this morning.

Hi, Ruth. Good thing your tests are early. Best wishes, and enjoy your chopped up day. It's sure amazing how the paint always looks different on the wall. Maybe you will be able to save on electricity. It sure sounds bright and cheery.

Me, taking advantage of having the run of the house while DH is away. I went to bed early and have been up for several hours working on my silent auction for this weekend. Everything has to be super organized because once the event starts we need to know where everything is and there's not a moment to breathe-especially since we have 100 dogs cruising around. Kirk usually hangs close with Lexxiss so I can hand off Rudi (he's the star) when I need to.

So I'll go to the pool this morning but spend the rest of the day organizing, but for the planning meeting we have later at the park.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

WOW you guys are up early!

Cottage, I agree. Your quiet morning sounds great!

Ruth, When we were kids, my sister wanted a pink room. My dad got what was on sale -- pepto bismal pink! When the door was closed, that pink radiated from around it. She loved it! I think buttermilk sounds wonderful.

Debbie, There was a Dog Daze event last weekend in our little town. All those dogs make me think about dodging doggie piles.

Me: I hope today is better than yesterday. I ate on plan, 100%, but my mind wandered off plan. Why do we think that [insert bad food] will make us feel better? Probably a good hug would have made me feel better, too. It's hard to ask a boss for a hug.

Anyway off to start the day. The coffee is gurgling. mmmmmm smells good!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
Why do we think that [insert bad food] will make us feel better?
Hi, Chelby. I had that EXACT thought yesterday. I am trying to reprogram and find healthier, enjoyable substitutes. I am also trying to "think it through", remembering how hard I am working and how rewarding it is to be where I am now, almost 75 pounds smaller, and anticipating how I will feel as I lose more.

I read the book, "The End of Overeating", authors last name is Kessler. Cyndi was reading it and I picked it up at the Library. I found alot of very powerful information regarding "how" foods like Cheese Its, Doritos and donuts, etc are very purposefully produced to contain the perfect combination of ingredients to make us crave them once we take the first bite. The knowledge has really helped me to steer clear of them. I have tasted a Dorito while OP and not craving and after the first bite I WANTED more. It was so appealing, and yet was my downfall last winter. I think it is a huge part of your question as to WHY.

If you are interested and don't have access to a copy I would get you one.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #7  

Debbie, I'll call the library and see if they have that book. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #8  
SBD Rocks!

S/C/G: 184/174/130

Height: 5'4

Well ladies I hope this day finds you all well!!! My day has been uneventful. I went back to sleep after I took my kids to school because its just rainy which makes for great resting weather...Now I wait on a plumber to come out so he can tell me if I need a new water heater or if its the valve plug. Lets hope its the plug and not a new heater!! Ive been without water since Saturday. I have a T handle that I turn the water on to flush the toilets and run a sink full of water for dishes but thats the extent. LOL we walk next door to shower. I have really been stressed and thought about saying forget it with the diet for now. But ive held strong and stayed committed. The biggest Loser starts again tonite and that show is great for encouragement.

Well I will end right now my eyes are heavy and I get to wait on that plumber. I sure hope he hurries!!! Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #9  
sophie

Hi Everyone,
Spent a lovely day today. DH and I had a picnic by the Trent Canal and then went apple picking. I picked a bushel of galas and a bushel of macs. Lots of play time with apples now. We have been going to this apple orchard for about 15 years and although they do spray its minimal.
So now I have to think of supper.
take care
Sophie
Old 09-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynF View Post
I have really been stressed and thought about saying forget it with the diet for now. But ive held strong and stayed committed.
Yay Robyn

I think the biggest steps a person can take in order to: ONE-lose the weight and TWO-learn to keep it off is this exactly. Figure out how to maintain this WOL during times when we really would like to eat in a fashion which takes us in the opposite direction of our goals.

We did the hot water heater 2 years ago. I believe we were two weeks without hot water in the house. It was not thrilling but it did get fixed! Hang in there!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #11  
SBD Rocks!

S/C/G: 184/174/130

Height: 5'4

well the plumber just left. It is the hot water heater!! I would love a nice thick juicy pizza...but i think I will settle for an omelet. Awww man...Im a stress eater lol and Im thinking im a wuss because I crave something I cant have! Oh well....That can be a reward when I lose some more! Maybe something to look forward to anyhow lol.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #12  

Robyn, I'm sorry about your water heater. Pizza won't really make you feel better. I wanted ice cream badly yesterday with my bad day at work. I feel your pain! This morning, the scale rewarded me for no ice cream.
Closed Thread