100 lb. Club - OT-Need prayers please...

View Full Version : OT-Need prayers please...

Diva
09-15-2009, 12:55 AM
I have to ask for Prayers for Jesse's (my FH) Mom Carol and keep'em coming. She was air-lifted to the Hospital tonight up in PA. She has 2 artery blockages in her neck and was scheduled for surgery in 2 weeks and now this. We don't know if it was a stroke or a seizure...We just don't know. Jess and his Dad are both a mess. Jess threw away his smokes tonight and vowed never again.

Y'all just don't know how hard it was for me not to emotionally eat tonight. I'm going to bed now so I can stop walking to the dang Fridge...

Thanks. ♥

diabetic z
09-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Sending you my best wishes. Hang in there. :hug:

AR4life
09-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Prayers for you and your family. :hug:

CanadianCutie
09-15-2009, 01:23 AM
My prayers are with you.

Institches21
09-15-2009, 01:42 AM
:hug: and lots of Prayers on their way. Take Care

Rosinante
09-15-2009, 03:56 AM
Prayers offered.

Beverlyjoy
09-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Yes, indeed...prayers are coming for a good recovery.

Oatmeal
09-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Diva... Prayers and hugs snet your way ...

Diva
09-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Thank you very much diabetic z, AR4life, CanadianCutie, Institches, Rosinante, Bev, and oatmeal. :hug: Still no new word on what's going on other than they put her ina room last night and she can't move or talk, but she knows what's going on and can blink to their questions. She is confused as to what Month it is. :( I wish we had the money to go up there.

luvja
09-15-2009, 09:16 AM
:hug: You and your family are in my prayers.

Onederchic
09-15-2009, 09:23 AM
In my prayers indeed :hug::hug:

Diva
09-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks Luv & Michelle. :hug:

findingfawn
09-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way.. and hers as well.

What hospital is she in? There is a huge one here in my little town.

famograham
09-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Lots of prayers for you and your family :goodvibes:

:hug:

jendiet
09-15-2009, 01:33 PM
We pray to the Lord that they would find out what is wrong speedily and that Jesse's mom would be healed of the blockages. We also pray for peace and strength for everyone involved. IN Jesus's name. Amen.

Slashnl
09-15-2009, 01:40 PM
We pray to the Lord that they would find out what is wrong speedily and that Jesse's mom would be healed of the blockages. We also pray for peace and strength for everyone involved. IN Jesus's name. Amen.

Amen to that. More prayers from here, too.

AbbySinthe
09-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Thoughts and Prayers... And lots of :hug:
I know how hard it is to go through such a difficult time, especially when you can't be there. That's the worst, sometimes. xoxo I'm so sorry, and I'll be praying for you and your family..

Diva
09-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way.. and hers as well.

What hospital is she in? There is a huge one here in my little town.

She's In St. Lukes in Bethlehem, PA.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. :hug:
I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone so hopefully when Jess get's home from work he can find out something.

Last night when we found out we went outside on the porch and he came back in for what I thought was to grab a smoke, but he ended up crumbling them up and tossed his ash-tray and said NEVER AGAIN! He said for his Mom, me and himself...never again.... I hope he can do it this time. :crossed:

diyana
09-15-2009, 02:38 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with her, you, Jess and your family. :hug: :angel:

Crystallina 27
09-15-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm sending up prayers for Jesse's mom, for you and Jesse and your whole family. You are doing a great job resisting the urge to go for the comfort food. I know how tempting that is.

My grandma, who I'm very close to, had a heart attack three weeks ago, and for 9 days she was under sedation. Everyday, I would just pray over her. Not knowing what would happen to her, the only way I could rest was to put on some praise music and keep giving my fear to Jesus. Or, I'd just listen to the music for an hour or two before I could finally fall asleep. Now, she's still in the hospital, but awake and alert and gradually improving. She still has a long process of recovery, though. I guess I'm saying all this because I've experienced God's faithfulness in crisis, and I want to encourage you that He is with you. (You pro'lly already knew that ^_^)

So, anyway, whenever I pray for my grandma, I will remember to pray for her. :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-15-2009, 03:12 PM
^PRAYERS^ ascending for CAROL and her doctors; plus her husband & son (Jesse) and family at this time ... :hug:

findingfawn
09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
She's In St. Lukes in Bethlehem, PA.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. :hug:
I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone so hopefully when Jess get's home from work he can find out something.

Last night when we found out we went outside on the porch and he came back in for what I thought was to grab a smoke, but he ended up crumbling them up and tossed his ash-tray and said NEVER AGAIN! He said for his Mom, me and himself...never again.... I hope he can do it this time. :crossed:

Bethlehem is about 2 or so hours from me :( I'm in Danville where Geisinger is the "king" :rolleyes:

Good for him on crushing those cigarettes!!! I quit almost 6 years ago, it was seriously the hardest thing I have ever done!

Diva
09-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Bethlehem is about 2 or so hours from me :( I'm in Danville where Geisinger is the "king" :rolleyes:

Good for him on crushing those cigarettes!!! I quit almost 6 years ago, it was seriously the hardest thing I have ever done!

Oh no....That makes me sad. I don't want to see him suffering. :( He has the nicorette(sp) gum and I bought him some reg gum today and coke's and hard candies. I suppose if he keeps something in his mouth it may help. Luckily he's Mr.Tall & skinny so weight gain won't even be an issue for him. HUMPHFT!!!...hehe j/k...sort of...

But good for you for quiting! :hug:

findingfawn
09-15-2009, 06:30 PM
My "crutch" was jolly rancher lolly pops! I LOVED those things, esp the apple ones!

What killed me was I worked at a store where everyone else (minus like 2 others) smoked. Someone was constantly in the office smoking. Just try to be compassionate when he gets crabby.. because he will. I'm sure you will be a great key to his success!

Diva
09-15-2009, 09:29 PM
My "crutch" was jolly rancher lolly pops! I LOVED those things, esp the apple ones!

What killed me was I worked at a store where everyone else (minus like 2 others) smoked. Someone was constantly in the office smoking. Just try to be compassionate when he gets crabby.. because he will. I'm sure you will be a great key to his success!

Thanks for the advice and prayers. So far so good. He isn't crabby just yet, and he also has the smokers at work. All his regular buddies are smokers. He hasn't gone cold turkey and I have to say i am glad, because last time he totally suffered even with the gum. But he's gone from a pack a day to 4. The early morning coffee one, one at work, after dinner and before bed. That's it. I am so proud of him!:carrot: I really think he's gonna do it this time!!! I wasn't as bad, long or as heavy a smoker as he is but when I quit, I only smoked a few yrs after my divorce. I just cut back little by little until they just disgusted me and I didn't want them anymore. That was 6 yrs ago. Now the smell of them make me ill.

Quick update on Jesse's Mom. He actually got to talk to her tonight. She didn't sound good and he busted out crying once he hung up, but at least she CAN talk now. She is having trouble remembering what words she wants to use and didn't sound good, but I am sure they have her doped up. They "think" her blockages she had in her neck moved and caused a Stroke, but they don't know for sure yet. that's all we know. Jesse's sister isn't being very nice...but that's a whole other issue....

findingfawn
09-15-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm glad to hear that she seems to be improving!

When I quit, I was cold turkey at home, at work I would crack and have a smoke or two during my shift almost every day until I quit my job. I was a manager of a convience store.. the stress of that was just too much to keep the cigarettes away. I had been a smoker since I was 13.. I was 26 when I quit! Now, 6 years later, I about die at just the distant smell of smoke.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers :hug:

Diva
09-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Thank you findingfawn. You're very sweet. :hug:

Thanks everybody and please keep saying a prayer for her, she's not out of the woods yet, but I know she's one tough cookie and I HOPE she gets completely better. :crossed:

waquilter
09-15-2009, 11:54 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how hard it is when one you love is far away and you can't be there to show your support.

50andfabulous
09-16-2009, 12:22 AM
:hug: My prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong.