100 lb. Club - Prizes and treats???

View Full Version : Prizes and treats???

StellarGirl
09-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Some of you might be wondering why my little tagline says "Wants that Louis Vuitton". I was feeling really down about my weight and I was trying to find something to motivate me. My husband knows me all too well and told me that he would save a little each month and if I lose 100 lbs, I would get a new Louis Vuitton purse!!!

I had a friend tell me that she thought it was kind of sad that I needed such motivation....but it really helps me stay on track! (even though I know that sounds materialistic and silly...I swear I'm not rich or a spoiled brat). It's easier to imagine myself with a new purse than 100lbs thinner...and it gives me something to work toward.

So...my question is...do any of you reward yourself at certain points in your weight loss? Or do you have a prize you're working toward when you lose weight? It can be material or an event or a food? This seems to really motivate me! (My 25lb reward is a chipotle burrito!)
Tell me I'm not crazy! And I would love to hear what motivates YOU!

Onederchic
09-14-2009, 04:42 PM
I know this will seem lame but for me right now just getting healthy is my "motivation" and "reward". Yeah, I suck :p

Miss Coco
09-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Your friend is being a bit mean! Rewards are my little treat to myself when I lose weight.

I've promised myself a dermalogica facial for every stone that I lose and when I lose 100lbs I'm going to Paris and I'm getting a Hermes scarf. Its extravagant but its my motivation. I don't have food rewards because they tend to send me off on a mini binge so beautiful purses, scarfs and shoes are my pleasures!

What purse are you going to have? I just got a LV laptop bag which is a thing of beauty :)

JayEll
09-14-2009, 04:50 PM
I think it's a good incentive to plan some rewards along the way--a massage, for example, or a good book you've been wanting, or some new music. I'd just caution you about using food as a reward because that's kind of, well, counter productive. :)

Other reward possibilities: Movies, facials, pedicure/manicure... or a daytrip to a favorite place...

Jay

StellarGirl
09-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Onderchic...you are not lame at all...more power to you! And, obviously it DOES motivate you because look at how awesome you are!!! I wish I was strong enough to let that be the only reason...but I guess I'm in the process of loving myself enough. I do have to say that as I continue...I think about the purse less and less and on the healthy and carefree aspect more and more...but when there's a bad day and I need a little motivation...the bag is a good thing to think about!~ =)

MissCoco...going to paris and getting an hermes scarf is a great reward! I'm glad I'm not alone! Better than binging, right?!!

I am going for the beverly mm bag in monogram canvas. I have the speedy 25, but I would really love a shoulder bag. (and at 100lbs lighter, it should fit on my arm comfortably!)
My 50lb goal is a new pair of tori burch flats. I LOVE them. =)

Anyone else?

Ryanne
09-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Not really as an incentive, but hey, I'm saving up now for it. I get 500.00. That will be 5 dollars per pound. So that's not too bad. I do plan to do the majority of my shopping at Goodwill...they have some cute clothes and a lot of new stuff, and then I will probably do some shopping at Burlington Coat Factory and am Especially looking forward to a trip to Fredericks of Hollywood and Christies. Need sexy stuff, too! LOL... whoo hoo...
I think it's nice that you have a reward for yourself figured out. ;)

StellarGirl
09-14-2009, 04:59 PM
buying sexy stuff at Fredericks is DEFINITELY good motivation! Have to show off that hot new body, right!? =)

beerab
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
We all reward ourselves! Clothes, makeup, haircuts, trips, etc. It's not "sad."

Your friend is so rude- maybe you should tell her your next reward is to find a supportive friend :p

Ryanne
09-14-2009, 05:05 PM
We all reward ourselves! Clothes, makeup, haircuts, trips, etc. It's not "sad."

Your friend is so rude- maybe you should tell her your next reward is to find a supportive friend :p

:rofl:

cfmama
09-14-2009, 05:14 PM
dude... my husband bought me a $1000 show dog when I lost 100 lbs ;) I have no beefs with the model of weight loss. lol!

StellarGirl
09-14-2009, 05:18 PM
ok cfmama...a toast to our husbands! ;)

Btw...congrats on your weight loss...wow...you're in inspiration!

ayumukasuga
09-14-2009, 05:23 PM
When I reach my goal, I will reward myself with vacation at sea!

Lori Bell
09-14-2009, 05:44 PM
A new purse sounds great. Unfortunately for me, I won't be getting my "reward" :(. At the beginning of my weight loss/stop smoking/stop drinking journey, each week I put the money I would have spent on junk, booze, and cigarettes in my underwear drawer. When I got to $1000 I put it into a CD at the bank. I thought I could spend it on new clothes when I got to goal...WELL, I'm at goal, (the last few pounds I'm half heartedly working on are 100% vanity pounds ;)) AND so far this year we needed to replace the roof, the air conditioner, and the refrigerator. We also really need new tires on the truck before winter...SOOO my CD comes due in a few days, and it will be applied to the credit card...to help pay off my refrigerator...which holds FOOD. :( I've bought a few things awhile back but they were mostly summer clearance stuff. Hopefully our soybeans will be a bumper crop come harvest and I'll get to buy myself a few nice winter items.

My point to my sad tale is...I hope you do get your new bag, but things happen and you might need to buy a new dishwasher instead...LOL :)

Tai
09-14-2009, 06:04 PM
I rewarded myself for every ten pounds lost for the first 100 pounds. It was always something small; never more than ten dollars because I'm on kind of a tight budget. It did give me something to look forward to though.

I never used food as a reward.

diabetic z
09-14-2009, 07:29 PM
We all have something that motivates us and those motivations are as unique to us as we are to each other.

For me, my answer is the same as Onederchic's. What can I say, she's such a good role model. :)

... Your friend is so rude- maybe you should tell her your next reward is to find a supportive friend :p

Priceless. :D :cp: :rofl: :lol3:

Thighs Be Gone
09-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Stellar, I pampered myself all along the path and still do. I take long phone calls when I should be doing other stuff. I take especially long baths now. I watch double features just because I feel like it. I take nice care of myself now. I buy myself tasty, delicious but HEALTHY things. I buy new earrings and bangles to go with my new outfits. I try different shades of lipgloss and try out makeup tips I read in magazines. I guess those little things have been my rewards I have enjoyed the most.

I do bigger things when I feel like it--shopping, going to the salon for eyebrows and a manicure, buying new trainers, new IPOD, downloading great new songs.

My ultimate will be by boob job and stomach done.

ETA: Last spring I ALMOST bought a Italian scooter--PINK! I decided against because of the bicycle/motorcycle fatalities in my immediate area. I live in a heavily congested area.

TaraLee
09-14-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm an uber guber...I set up rewards for each of my 10% marks. I get to have a full service hair do-day on my first 10%, my second,...I've forgotten, my 3rd is new jeans if I'm below a realistic size for that weight, then theres a trip to Victoria Secrets. I don't even care if I buy anything, just knowing I COULD fit into the clothes is enough for me; I've NEVER stepped foot in that store, too mortified. There's family photos, a date night with hubby and my ultimate goal will obviously be new clothes and possible a tatoo on my lower back (the "tramp stamp" I've been told its called) that i've designed and have been debating on for 9 years!

I've written out the GW's and the Rewards and their posted on my freezer!!

matafleur
09-14-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't really reward myself along the way, but I have a sort of vague plan to treat myself to a custom-made corset when I reach my goal weight.

CountingDown
09-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Every 10 lbs was a trip to the second hand store to trade in some "old clothes" for some newer ones. I LOVED having new things that FIT and found such wonderful things, that I still frequent the shops at goal.

My "goal" reward was an electric scooter. I always wanted one, and it is very practical where I live and work. So, it saves me money on gas AND I just love riding it.

Elladorine
09-15-2009, 02:46 AM
Wow, I really should think of something to reward myself at different goals . . . I'm so close to a hundred pound loss and every little bit of motivation helps.

findingfawn
09-15-2009, 12:02 PM
I do have a goal reward in mind, well actually several of them. I will have to choose only one. I have told hubby I want a boob job.. I don't want them bigger or smaller, just perkier... but I don't think that is something I will go through with. Hubby is losing with me, so I think we should be rewarded together so I'm thinking maybe a weekend away without the kids would be really nice (but then I may freak being away from them like that and ruin the whole weekend).

I think it's important to have something to work towards.

Windchime
09-15-2009, 12:40 PM
My ultimate goal plan is a boob job. I did go down a cup size yesterday when I bought my new bra; I'm now an F instead of a G--yay! I think that when I lose this final 20-30 pounds, they'll be small enough that I'll be happy but I do want them lifted back up where they belong, rather than dangling around my waist.

Yeah, I've seen the web page that shows that it's very common for women to have dangly boobs. I don't care. I went from being flat to having huge, hanging, pendulous breasts and I want perky, dammit. So that's my ultimate goal. But for now, I reward myself with things like new running gear and clothes.

Bonnie+J
09-15-2009, 01:25 PM
my initial goal is a weight watchers cook book when i lose 7lbs. weight watchers here make a big deal about it, giving you a silver 7, so thats why i picked that goal. when i get to 14lbs i'm gonna get my hair done. havent thought much further than that!!!!

HotWings
09-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Someone in another thread recently (sorry I can't remember the name :( ) had bought herself a charm bracelet and for every 10 lbs was buying herself a charm and for every 5 lbs was adding a spacer for the next charm. I thought it was a fantastic idea! So, at 40lbs gone I am buying a charm bracelet to begin that for me, too. :)

And I agree - kind of thoughtless for your friend to say that. I see nothing wrong with looking forward to rewarding yourself. With the amount of weight I need to lose, for example, one big reward at the end would make it a very long road. I suppose the ultimate reward will be how I look and feel, but it is so nice to tell myself "good job" with little things along the way.

platformnine
09-15-2009, 01:58 PM
$1 for every lb lost. I treat myself when I've lost 20lb. My first 20lb I bought myself some really nice, cheap costume jewelry from Forever21.com

StellarGirl
09-15-2009, 02:27 PM
nice! It's fun to hear what motivates you guys! I love some of the ideas here!

To clarify...I don't think my friend was trying to be rude...she was just saying that doing it for my health and well-being should be enough. I understand what she was saying...but what can I say...I'm a whore for LV. ;)

diyana
09-15-2009, 03:30 PM
I have a REALLY hard time coming up with rewards...because for me, how I feel when I eat right and exercise is a great reward. My increased energy, along with the exercise endorphins, are wonderful! Also, money is kinda tight...so I think any rewards will have to be necessity based for now...like clothes in smaller sizes.

At my WW meetings, they give you a keychain that looks like the number 10 for when you lose your first 10%. I'm really looking forward to getting that keychain!! Not because it's beautiful or elaborate...just for what it symbolizes.

I do appreciate reading everyone's rewards, I may be borrowing one or more of your ideas in the (hopefully) near future!

SwimGirl
09-15-2009, 03:30 PM
I have a lot of rewards to when I lose all 100 pounds, :lol: first, a vacation to somewhere hot! Another is a pair of either Manolo Blahnik heels, or Christian Louboutin's. I am also a total brand wh*re, so I totally understand the LV thing, and somehow I managed to move to a city where you can't buy them!! So my reward will also include going elsewhere to get them..

-Aimee

Beverlyjoy
09-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I am not a girly girl -but, I love lipstick. I reward myself with one every ten pounds.

LitChick
09-15-2009, 09:35 PM
I think we would all agree that the ultimate reward is our health and wellbeing.

That said, I fully believe in giving myself rewards and treats along the way!

For my first mini-goal (10% loss), I bought myself a pair of cycling shoes. I'm not sure what I'll do when I reach my next mini-goal (250 lbs) but it'll be something, for sure.

One of the things I like about participating in Weight Watchers are the little trinkets and stickers we get as we make milestones. I know they aren't worth much monetarily, but they are a tangible proof of the progress I've made.

You'll have that LV purse in no time!

Elladorine
09-21-2009, 08:26 PM
For a while now I've been debating on what I could do to reward myself, and I've finally decided that I'll have a custom-printed shirt made when I hit 225, which is 40 pounds from now.

http://i38.tinypic.com/23hlq4x.jpg

I used to work at a custom shirt shop years ago and I miss making my own cute designs and stuff! :D I also love black and pink, lol.

I don't remember what my shirt size will be at that point (I've been down to that weight before but it's been a few years) but I do remember being in a 12/14 jeans. I felt I looked pretty good at that weight and I think it'll be a great point to work toward. Then I can plan something else as I approach my overall goal. :dizzy:

hpnodat
09-21-2009, 09:36 PM
I can't wait till I can fit in a women's Carolina Panthers jersey. Right now I fit in a mens extra large jersey but the sleeves go down to my wrists and it looks like a dress on me. I just want to wear womens clothing in general. Many of my plain colored t-shirts come from the mens department because they have longer sleeves, I can hide my fat arms. Or so I think. ;)

Elladorine
09-21-2009, 10:09 PM
I just want to wear womens clothing in general. Many of my plain colored t-shirts come from the mens department because they have longer sleeves, I can hide my fat arms. Or so I think. ;)
Same here! I cringe when I think about how much easier it is for me to shop over in the men's section because of the fuller cuts, especially in the sleeves. I want to wear more girly things!

chickybird
09-21-2009, 10:53 PM
5 more pounds--a pedicure.
10 pounds after that--high heeled converse! I saw them on
TV and thought they looked so cute!
Goal weight-new cute dress

ThickAZChick
09-22-2009, 12:25 AM
I have refrained from buying any clothes unti I can wear a 20 comfortably or an 18/20 shirt well.

I need to ramp up my workouts. I am doing the eating ok with a few hiccups here and there but my workouts suck!

JustSharing83
09-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Someone in another thread recently (sorry I can't remember the name :( ) had bought herself a charm bracelet and for every 10 lbs was buying herself a charm and for every 5 lbs was adding a spacer for the next charm. I thought it was a fantastic idea! So, at 40lbs gone I am buying a charm bracelet to begin that for me, too. :)
I was inspired by the same thread and am doing this as well. I'm buying a charm for every 10 pounds lost since my restart weight of 270. It's also important to me that each charm means something to me... I've only been able to buy one so far, and it is a moon and star. It serves as a reminder that nothing is out of my reach. :)

EarthyWitch13
09-22-2009, 05:12 AM

LOL, I love it, completely agree! Maybe your friend is just jealous?

I think it's great having something to motivate you, why not reward yourself for your hard work, right? I'll be doing that as well, but I want to make sure to never reward myself with junk food (if I feel like having a small serving whenever then I will, but not as a reward), I don't want to fall back into bad habits. But when I'm around the size to fit into them I'm getting some high-heel boots!! :love: :D (I'll probably need to lose 100+lbs.) And hopefully a cute dress to go with them! :) Good luck!

DiverGal
09-22-2009, 05:56 AM
I reward myself with clothes and accessories, mostly. Getting into the next smaller size is a benchmark of sorts, so I celebrate by getting myself something nice. Once it was a Balenciaga wallet I'd been lusting after but just couldn't bring myself to buy because of the price. But after hitting my 50 lb. weight loss, I just bought it for myself to celebrate. I still love that wallet! Though I love having lost the 50 lbs. more. Come to think of it, what I'm really doing is using my weight loss as a rationalization to buy things I want anyway. Hmmm... well, no harm done if it helps me keep excited about losing weight.