100 lb. Club - I Need Will Power Dust, Please Donate :)

diabetic z
09-14-2009, 02:32 PM
It's that time of year again when my mom and I cook a bunch of items to freeze. :carrot:
Unfortunately for me, I'm on a diet. I am almost two weeks into my diet and have been a very good boy so far. Yesterday, my mom and I cooked a few chicken enchilada casseroles and froze all of them. It took a better part of a day and boy did the house smell yummy. I was very proud of myself for not eating any morsels. However, today will be the biggest test yet. We are making pulled pork enchilada casseroles. I absolutely love my dad's slow cooked pork. I knew I was in for a rough challenge when I woke up this morning to the delicious smell of the pork cooking in the oven. Since starting on my diet, I have had no "real" food meals. Up to now, it's been all shakes, bars, dry snacks, soups, oatmeal, or powdered eggs (I've dubbed them "Just Add Water Meals"). I get a one cup allowance of raw green vegetables a day, but that's it. I hope I can make it through the day without sampling some of the pork. I see my dietitian tomorrow and I don't want to report a setback. Tomorrow, my mom and I are making a batch of breakfast burritos to freeze. This whole week we'll be cooking and freezing. Wish me luck.

luvja
09-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Here's a little :dust:
:lol: Good luck!

dgramie
09-14-2009, 03:23 PM
here is a little more to help you out :dust:

Onederchic
09-14-2009, 03:30 PM
:dust::dust:

Stay strong! You can do it!! :cheer2::cheer3::hug:

Alana in Canada
09-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Can you talk to your dietitian about adding some "real food" to your diet? I would get super bored with what you're doing!

Best of luck to you, though! I wish you success.

Kae
09-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Here's a bit of mine... :dust:

Shannon in ATL
09-14-2009, 04:05 PM
And a little more... passing it out might make me more likely to use it myself. :)
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Kae
09-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Can you talk to your dietitian about adding some "real food" to your diet? I would get super bored with what you're doing!

Best of luck to you, though! I wish you success.

I'm with you... I couldn't survive on "just add water food"... There must be healthy, whole foods that you can safely eat on any diet... ones that are tasty and satisfying.

diabetic z
09-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks everyone! I knew I could count on this place for support. We took a little break from cooking after lunch and my parents went to the hardware store to get some supplies for the honey-do list. I didn't trust myself at home alone with the food, so I went for my daily walk. Decided to do four miles instead of the usual three. It was a good call since now I'm not hungry, just really thirsty and tired.

Onederchic
09-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Great job!! :hug:

Butterfly50
09-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Here is a little more.:dust::dust:

ANewCreation
09-14-2009, 09:16 PM
:dust: You're doing great!!!! :dust:

:congrat: