Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat - 9/14/9 - 9/20/9

View Full Version : Weekly Chat - 9/14/9 - 9/20/9

blessedwithsarah
09-14-2009, 09:54 AM
:hug:

New week!

blessedwithsarah
09-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Well, I decided that I'm going back to WW meetings. I found one in the next town over at noon on Tuesdays. Thats my day off, dd is in school -- I have no excuses! The scale is up once again. HOWEVER, I asked DH how his weight has been and he said recently he is up 5-8 pounds! So, either we are both mysteriously gaining or the scale is funky. I'm putting my hopes on the funky scale (I still have gained but not as much as the #s are showing). So after I go to WW tomorrow, I'm stopping at target and getting a new one.

Have a good day!

Tejas
09-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Good Morning everyone:

I've been to spinning and am now off to the office. I hope everyone has a great day.

COCO, if you're lurking, this is a good week to come back on board!

Rhonda

beach bum
09-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Had a great weekend watching the golf playoffs.Going to be another day of rest,as I never liked Monday,like the song say "Monday and Rainy Days get me Down." Going to work on my food journal for the week,looking at my cook books and see if I can find new recipes & ones that are low in calories.

Forgot to get on the scale this morning,Leo had a bad day yesterday & this morning so we 're waiting for the doctor to call us back. Will W-I tomorrow.

PAULA-Thanks for starting us up,we 're going to have a nice week,as it going into the 70's so I guess I be adding salads to my menus & get my walking done, I might even go down to the beach and walk along there.

Best of luck going back to WW. My leader left and according to some of the woman I met, the replacement is a song & dance leader talking about herself and not how the program works.I get WW pamphlets in the mail to return but I find my way of counting calories/portion control working for me so why should I fix when not broken.

My scale[doctors scale] is off also,but it was too expensive to replace it.So I I take off the pounds its off.

RHONDA-Hi :wave:Have a great day also,I got to get back to spinning and find another exercise to keep me from getting bored.

Vickie
09-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Hi Chicks! I lost 3.2 today for a total of 39 pounds. I hope it's a real loss and not just because I'm sick. I have to go eat lunch and get ready for my hair appointment.

BBL.

Tejas
09-14-2009, 06:01 PM
:woohoo: Vickie...any loss is a REAL loss!

Tejas
09-14-2009, 10:34 PM
I hope everyone had a good day. I had to go to a university social event tonight, but I had only one glass of white wine and some chicken kabobs.

All is well here, hope so for you all too.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
09-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Congrats Vickie!!! Excellent progress, you should be very proud.

well, once again a very busy Tuesday (what would I do if I had to work 5 days a week???). Already finished grocery shopping, dropped off a UPS package, hit the bank and cleaner/tailors. Now I'm off for a bike ride. I am not going to ww today -- I'm waiting for the WW site to email me back some information. I paid for the on line tools, if I join the monthly pass so I can go to meetings, I get the on line tools free. I don't want to double pay. I should hear from them today or tomorrow. So I'll go next Tuesday. I did perfect yesterday!!! I'm wondering if my wine at night is messing things up. So, I'll stop that for the next couple weeks and see where I end up. I do feel better about things today than over the weekend. Its awful how the numbers can really mess with you.

Well, I'm off for my ride, then to the farmers market, pick up dd at school and take her for her flu shot, then home for dinner and Karate tonight. I'll be back later this evening!

OH -- who would be up for a recipe challenge? See if over the next week or so we can all find one new recipe or pull out one we havent' tried in a long time. Then we can create a separate thread with reviews and recipes? Thoughts??? Being selfish, I need some new ideas!!

Tejas
09-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi:

Paula, I'd be in for a new recipes thread. It's going to be a hectic two weeks for me with the packing and moving, but I could give it a try.

I lost another .6 pounds. Very, very, very slow. My exercise teacher has lost 18 pounds since June and I'm going to have her look at my diet. I've lost 10 since May, but it's so painfully slow.

beach bum
09-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Nothing new, except I had my W-I this morning and I stayed the same.
not really happy with the results [haven't lost in two months ]so I'm thinking that I'm going to get off the high/low calorie counting and go back to the regular counting instead. While thinking about the change,I decided to take some spare time yesterday afternoon and did some homework checking out recipes from cookbooks that were easy to cook & had 200 c or less.Found lots of them,so next week I'm going back to calorie counting and use the new recipes. Going to see if WW calorie range of long ago will works for me by starting with 1300-1500/26-30pts.and work myself down 100 calories at a time.

VICKIE-Big congrats on your 3.2 weight loss.You're really doing fantastic on Jenny.

RHONDA-Hope you had a good time at your social last night. I haven't touch a glass of wine since Christmas. The only think I use the wine for is for making sauces.Congrats on your .6 weight loss

PAULA-Oh by all means you don't want to give ww a double payment.I didn't like the on line web site,so when I left WW I didn't feel bad losing that tool. Going to use my weight tonight when watching t.v. Speaking about TV the Biggest Loser Returned tonight on NBC at 8PM and going back to my biggest loser support board.

Tejas
09-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Maryann: I have had very little alcohol to drink in the last few months, but I am strongly considering just swearing off until Thanksgiving and seeing if that makes a difference.

When I was in Texas for two weeks I had only two glasses of wine for the entire time. I could do without it, I'm sure. To have it only now and again would also make it much more special when I do drink it.

Toronto is really a wine city, I'll tell you. It's everywhere, all the time...well, probably not at AA meetings ;)

Rhonda

ontarget
09-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Here I am. The weather totally knocked my puter off line. I can't tell you how long I tried to get on here yesterday. Looks like you're all doing well. Paula, I include you in this list because you're going back to meetings. That's great.

I just have a second here as I'm due to pick up the granddaughters in a few minutes. Have a great day, all.

sloanie
09-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey chickies! Just poppin' in to say hi. Got lots to do. I'll try to check in later. TTFN

Vickie
09-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Man, you guys, this medicine is just not working. I still have all the pressure across my forehead, the ear is killing me and the gland is still big and sore and my ear is still ringing. I've had 5 doses of the medicine already and 5 left but it's not getting better yet at all. I'm such an impatient chick. Of course, the Doctor is not in tomorrow so I can't talk to him until Thursday afternoon. I don't want to call him if it's not an emergency and I don't even know if he's on call tomorrow.

Sigh. I went to bed but couldn't rest so I got up. I guess I'll surf for a while.

Tejas
09-16-2009, 06:03 AM
My goodness, Vickie. I hope that today brings some respite from the suffering.

I have lost another pound, so to heck with WI yesterday! :woohoo:

I'm having a facial today. I've only had about 3 of these in my life and I think I'm going to indulge a little more often as my skin is getting more coarse with age.

There's a lot of wonderful things about getting older, and I don't wish to be younger...but the change in the skin is not something to celebrate! ;) Drat those hormones. I've got a book on how to take care of your skin using food products like oatmeal, honey, avocados, etc. but I'm headed for the chemicals today.

I hope you all have a great day.

Rhonda

sloanie
09-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Wow Rhonda, you sure were up early this morning! A facial sounds lovely. I, too, am having skin issues as I age. Mine is flaky and dry, but I have always had oily skin so I am not used to that. Congrats on the pound!

Vickie, I sure do hope that you get some relief today. Have you tried moist heat on your forehead and swollen gland? It may make it feel better at least while you have the heat on it.

Off to school pretty soon :dizzy: Y'all have a great day!

beach bum
09-16-2009, 12:20 PM

Did any one see the Biggest Loser last night???????? While watching the show a light bulb went off in my head.What if my low/high calorie cycling really doing a job on my metabolism.So this morning I went to a web site called Metabolism booster foods and I found a number of them that I used to eat and some how pushed them to the side for other convenient foods. Well starting today I'm going out and buy this wonderful foods and hopefully bring my metabolism back so I can finally burn some fat of of this body and get down to my goal.

RHONDA-Oh I didn't mean anything by it, many doctors say wine is good for the heart,but I never required a taste for it,except when making a gravy or sauce for a dish I'm cooking. I remember when I was younger my sister & I would had wine spritzers during the holidays.

Big congrats on your 1 lb weight loss,see those spinning lasses are really working for you.

SANDRA -Sorry about the storm knocking out you computer. Hope that they wasn't any other damage.Some of the storms can get fierce. We're having gorgeous weather up here going to see if I can take a walk this afternoon.

SLOANE-Hi:wave: hope you have a great day.Don't work too hard.

VICKIE-Sorry about the meds,not working.Maybe you could call the doctor today and see if there's something else he can do for you.

Tejas
09-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Maryann, I didn't take any untoward meaning from your comments. I think that it is very easy to get into a habit of drinking wine (or beer or spirits) when it is around you. I've done that over the years and now notice that since DH doesn't drink, it has less appeal to me. He's not a tee-totaler but he always jokes that it doesn't taste as good as diet Pepsi (fool!! ;) ) Good luck finding the right foods.

I went to an event at U of T and there was nothing but wine out! I was floored...what about people who do go to AA or otherwise don't want to drink...I'm sure they could find water but there was nothing else. I thought that was really inappropriate.

I enjoyed my facial. The woman said that my skin was well-hydrated...no doubt since Vickie makes us drink all that water!

DH just said that when he moves to Texas and is there alone for a few months he is going to try Nutrisystem. I'll be darn....fooled me. He does need to do something, soon.

sloanie
09-16-2009, 07:59 PM
I had a more quiet day today and did not bring home any work. I need a break from lessons! I'm just gonna take it easy tonight and watch tv with the fam. I hope you all have a restful night :)

Tejas
09-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Good Morning:

I've lost another pound!!!!

I've lost 13 pounds since the beginning of May. That's a rate of 2/3 pounds a week. I want to increase that rate and will do so. But, that's not bad when you think about it.

I have started writing a food diary out...not checking off boxes on a form, but writing the words out. It makes for a little more accountability I think.

I hope you all have a great day today. (Vickie, I hope you're feeling better.)

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
09-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Rhonda, I think a steady loss (with no huge back tracking like me) is great. When I originally got to goal, I think my weekly average was just under a pound a week. Great going!!

Things are going very well this week. I've been hard core AND no wine at night. I've actually been playing a farming game on Facebook (starting to be a bit addictive), but at least its keeping my mind busy and not looking to graze. I did buy the latte WW bars (1 point). Very YUMMY if you like coffee icecream. I highly reccomend them. The chocolate ones never seemed like real chocolate, the latte are much better.

Well, off to an off site meeting today. BBL

OH -- mommy brag. DD got her first yellow stipe in Karate. Once she has 4 yellow stripes she can take the test to get her yellow belt! She was sooooo excited and proud of herself last night. It is amazing how Karate does improve self esteem.

Have a good day.

Tejas
09-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I used to study Judo...I think all of the martial arts are just great for kids and adults alike...good for your DD.

And, I agree about slow loss. I, too, lost and then gained most back...still working on that one. I lost 40 in 2003, gained 30 back and am still working on getting that off. But, I'm making progress. I think by the new year, I'll be working on "new" fat!

Rhonda

beach bum
09-17-2009, 03:28 PM

Had a lot to do this morning so, that the reason I'm late posting.Nothing new,going back to my normal calorie range instead of the one of was on [high/low].I lost the first 2 weeks and than I maintained .5 up & down for the last two months.

Now it time for a change.I'm on the 1000-1400 range or 20-28 pts on WW.

RHONDA-Happy that you didn't. Thanks,I found some and I putting them in my food journal for next week menus. Congrats on your 13 lb loss,your doing wonderful with your weight. I still have to figure out which calorie range is good for me. The high/low counting didn't work so now I going up to a moderate count.

SLOAN-Glad you taking a break from your school work and spending time with the family.Please don't stress out over your students.

PAULA-Glad you found a way to keep your mind busy and away from snacks. I liked the core plan with the WPA's but too bad it didn't work for me,so that the reason I quit WW.Big Congrats to to DD for wining her first yellow strip,before long she'll be an expert .

ontarget
09-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Hi there, chickies. My subbing at college ended today. I was really sad to be leaving the students.

Eating has been going well this week. I am in a groove and hope to stay there.

Rhonda, what you're doing and the rate your losing is perfect. Keep at it, Cuz. And for Other Cuz? Tell him I am proud of him for joining Nutrisystem and hope it works well for him.

Paula, congrats to DD. I took karate when I was in college. I'm a yellow belt. I never went any further. Wish I had.

Maryann, what foods are you adding back that will help speed your metabolism?

Vickie, how are you feeling today?

Sloan, I took the afternoon off yesterday from studying. Sometimes you need a break.

sloanie
09-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey Chickies! Since starting the new curriculum, a majority of my upper level students are not making very good grades. The premise of this way of learning is that the students are actually responsible for their learning, and they have to answer questions over the material. I think they have been so used to memorizing facts that they can't think critically and apply material. It is very disconcerting when you think that this group of young people will be taking care of us someday. I don't intend to lower my expectations even if it kills me, and sometimes I think it will. I don't think I have had more than a couple of op days since school started. I'm not gaining, but I'm not eating right either.

Rhonda, congrats on the loss. Slow and steady wins the race!

Sandra, I'm taking a break again today. If I don't, I may lose my sanity.

Maryann, I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about my students. I keep hoping that they will catch on and realize they are going to have to study if they are going to pass. My problem is that I care too much about their grades. Obviously, I care more about them than they do!

Paula, if you aren't going to drink that wine, could you send it to me? I jokingly told some of my colleagues that I plan to become a raging alcoholic in my old age! Congrats on DD's yellow stripe. My daughter was a yellow belt when she was in grade school.

I hope you chicks have a quiet evening! TTFN

Vickie
09-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Good Morning Chicks. I spoke to my Internist yesterday. He passed me off to the ENT without doing anything. He said the Levaquin should have worked. I see the ENT today.

Tejas
09-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Vickie, has anyone ordered a CAT scan for you?

Sloan, you hang in there with the students. All my career I've been fortunate to deal mostly with graduate students and medical students. You cannot find a more motivated group of students: Except for some of the equity and access students I now work with. But some of them are not there to succeed and we have discipline problems that are ridiculous. Get those students early and help people like me ;)

Oh, and my plan for old age: to become a muttering old woman who wanders the street hitting people who behave badly with a French stick from the bakery!! (I might have to come back to Toronto to be able to wander the streets without getting run over!)

Rhonda

beach bum
09-18-2009, 10:43 AM

We Woke up to a colder than normal day so we had to put the fireplace on to get the chill out of the house. Going to go on my treadmill while doing the laundry or other walking tapes today,as I'm not up to the cold weather yet.

SANDRA-I haven't been eating the right foods,due to the stress of Leo's cancer and I think I hurt my metabolism,so inorder to boost it up again I went to a web site:
http://www.naturalhealthlifestyles.com/metabolism-boosters.html
where they tell you some of the foods that you need from each category.Bought some apples,bananas oranges & grapefruit,along with potato, some more fish,dk chocolate. That I haven't eaten in a while.

SLOANE-I think the learning process with this progression education that started back in the 60's, by dumping down the students not teaching phonics, along with the 3 r's.,is the product what's happening now,students don't care anymore,let the gov. take care of them. That's my opinion anyway,luckily my GC are in a very high educational school system and they're all excelling grades higher than there ages, than there doing in other neighboring school system.

VICKIE-I'm so sorry about your doctor passing you off to another doctor. Hope the ENT will give you better care.

Have a great morning will look in on you guys later on this afternoon

Vickie
09-18-2009, 12:54 PM
I've had a CT scan of the sinuses but nothing of the head/brain. I'm guessing that's coming next. Sigh.

Vickie
09-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Doc doesn't know what's wrong with me but he doesn't think I had an ear infection. Sigh. He told me to stop the Levaquin but I think I'm going to finish it. He told me to go back to Claritin or Zyrtec and do the nasal saline rinse. He did CBC and CET? CBC for sure and some other bloodwork to see if I have an infection or if there is some other issue. He may scan my neck later. He thinks it could also be allergies. I had the scratch tests and I came up at a 3 level for weeds and it's a BAD year here in Chicago for ragweed/hayfever. He's also considering TMJ and maybe some arthritis in my neck. Sheesh. It's fun to get older.

I'm kinda grumpy so I'll get off here for now. Thank you all so much for being such special friends.

Vickie
09-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Must be CMET. That's scary. I'm not researching any more. I don't want to know any scary stuff.

Tejas
09-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Vickie:

It does sound as though the MD is trying to look for the simplest explanation first, which is very wise. But, you must be very frustrated: I would be.

You know we're all thinking of you.

On a sad note, I met today with my good friend I told you about months ago who has a rare lung cancer. The tx does not appear to be working. She is in her mid-40's, has two children and has never smoked or been in a home where there is smoke. We will all hope for the best, but...

Rhonda

sloanie
09-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Vickie, you're right to refrain from looking on the internet. It is understanding to want info, but sometimes a little knowledge is dangerous. Just let the docs figure things out for you and don't give up until you are satisfied. I hope you feel better soon, and I'm praying for you for healing and especially for peace.

Rhonda, I love the mental picture I got when you were describing your future self. It really cracked me up! I've already prayed for your friend. I'm so sorry for her and her family. Also, I'm not gonna give up on my students. I am more determined now eventhough I am frustrated.

Maryann, thanks for the encouraging words. I love teaching, but sometimes it is very frustrating! I'm glad the GC's are doing well in school. Maybe someday when I'm old they will be the doctors that take care of me. A fire in the fireplace sounds really nice. It's been so rainy and warm here, that mold is starting to grow on my deck and door!

I hope all of you other chickies are doing well and have a great weekend planned. I'll check back tomorrow to see how y'all are doing. TTFN

ontarget
09-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Vickie, I'm glad you're going to a specialist. I hope you find out what's causing your problems. I'm not a doctor, but I'm diagnosing allergy problems.

Rhonda, we went to the homecoming parade today and had a blast. Wish ya'll could have been with us. This is also Antique Alley weekend. The parade was moved out of downtown to the south end of town near the school. It did travel for several blocks. While we were driving back to downtown (the light), I rolled down my window and did the beauty queen wave to folks on the sidewalks. :lol:

I'm sorry about your friend. Bless her heart and bless her family.

Sloan, :hug: Been there done that.

Maryann, thank you for the website. I'm heading over to check it out now.

blessedwithsarah
09-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Good morning everyone. WI this morning, I'm down 2.5. Now if I can only have 2 weeks of losses rather than gaining the 2 I'll be happy. Looking at my logs for the past month, I've been a yo yo. I'm going to continue pass on my wine (although I did have a small glass last night :) ).

I did make the yummy egg cups for breakfasts -- got tired of my oatmeal and decided to have more protein. I sauteed 1/2 an onion, 1/2 a red pepper (both diced), added in 1/2 a package of mushrooms diced. let that all cook until it was nice and soft, added salt and pepper. Then I drained a box of thawed frozen spinach (which was chopped as well), cooked that until it was heated and the extra water gone. Let that cool. Spray a muffin pan (mine had 12) with spray, put the veggie mix into the cups loosly - I filled them 3/4 of the way, topped with 1/4 of a slice of ff cheese. Then I filled the cups with egg beaters. Baked at 375 for 25 minutes. They are yummy and they freeze well.

Busy day today -- dd has gymnastics at 10 then we have a bday party this afternoon for a freind who is turning 70. Should be fun.

Rhonda, so sorry to hear about your freind. A freinds daughter has 2 double lung transplants, the first when she was 4 then the second when she was 9. So far she is doing great - but after the first, there were so many issues. I hope she has the chance to be relisted again.

Vickie, hope you are feeling better and get some answers.

Hi to everyone else, go to get moving. BBL

Tejas
09-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Morning all:

Paula, the eggs sound delicious...I hope your friend's daughter thrives....life can be so hard.

I haven't reported, I don't think, that all I'm really doing is packing...the movers come of Monday. I feel panic quelling up :yikes:

This time next week, we'll be on the road, hopefully. The house closing here is on Friday, then we go south. I have to return, but DH will stay in the new house that closes on October 2nd. (Sandra, I'll update you as we get closer to the new house...we might have a party, or might not!)

I'm holding my weight loss so far this week. I've added a yoga class, following one of the spinning sessions. :yoga:

I'm off to buy packing tape!

sloanie
09-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Mornin' y'all! I like the sound of those egg cups. Wish someone would make me some ;) I've got some chores today and nothing else exciting planned. I like it that way! My eating is still hit and miss, but I plan at least to stock up on fruits and veggies at the store today. I've not been as conscientious (sp?) about getting those in.

Rhonda, I know the work you are doing is hard, but look at the outcome! Where did you say you'll be staying while DH is in Texas?

Sandra, these kids are really disappointing me! I know there is a period of adjustment, but the semester is almost half over. On a positive note, I feel more organized than ever and have even been able to contact parents more frequently than in the past. I'm NOT giving up!

Vickie, how are you feeling this morning? I hope you have a good day :)

Paula, have fun at your party :carrot:

Hey to the rest of you chicks! BBL

Vickie
09-19-2009, 11:41 AM
I feel a bit better. ENT had me stop taking the mucinex which I think was drying me out. Still have the ear ringing and the other stuff. I think it's going to be allergies too but in the meantime they have me good and scared.

Have a great day. Check out the green beans at the Farmers Markets. They are in season and awesome. I boil mine for about 10-12 minutes. Yummy.

beach bum
09-19-2009, 11:56 AM

We have another day like yesterday the wind is howling and it it was cold that Leo & I had to put our bath robes on.We both lost this weekend as our golf playoffs are not on this week,as we have to wait until next week to see them.

VICKIE-Sorry that the doctor can't come up with what you have. Leo had the same problem like your having now. He also took the saline rinse that didn't help.So He finally went to a ear eye nose throat doctor and he told him that he didn't have an sinus post nasal drip but an ear infection so hes on antibiotics for that. If that doesn't work he wants to see him in two week for allergy test. We have the WORST allergies here in the Cape because they love there weeds like golden rod & rag wheat,they never mow them of get rid of them as they grown wild along the road ways & in the woods around us.Hope you don't have to scans again,there so expensive as Leos are $4000 each time he goes for the lung cancer. My DD and I hit the internet the first thing when trying to decipher the disease or the meds with there side effects. I believe that you have to know,what the doctors don't tell you.

RHONDA-I'm so sorry about your friend,I know how upset you are,it happens to me ever morning when Leo rather wants to sleep than eat I get so worried,and I don't have any family up here to lean on.

Oh your day of moving is coming quickly,hope your movie will go as smoothly as our did when moving up to the Cape 12 years ago.

SLOAN-You can do just so much,if the students don't want to study for good grades. My sister was a teacher years ago,and told me that she had the same problem,than she went into special ed and that satisfied her more as the students & their parents they were eager to learn. She had moms come up to her saying thanks to her there sons got jobs in the Post Office being a mail or other jobs,and they won't if it wasn't for my sister.

SANDRA[B]-You're welcome,I have to look for another website that has a better list of boosting the metabolism foods,but this one gives a least some idea.

[B]PAULA-Congrats for your :carrot:2.5 weight loss:carrot: you're doing fantastic. Hope I have a good weigh in now that I changed my calorie counting to a higher range.Thanks for the egg cup recipe its almost the same as the SB recipe.

Have a great day

Vickie
09-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks, Mary Ann. I'm still going to avoid the internet for now because it will scare me, I know. I just have that personality. I'd already been told to have the shots by the Allergist. I'm allergic to weeds at the 3 level. Maybe I'll just have to tough up and get it done.

sloanie
09-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Maryann, it must be awful being away from family while going through such a trying time. I wish there was some way we could help. Know that we are all thinking of you and Leo, and we are praying for you, too. Trust God, He is always there!

Vickie, my DS took allergy shots when he was 5 years old, and my DH is going through the allergy shots right now. He started in May, and thinks he can tell a difference already. Maybe when you get to the bottom of this, you can get started. I believe it is worth it if it helps control the allergy symptoms.

Not only have I had an uneventful day, I have not gotten much accomplished either! Oh well, tomorrow is another day or at least that's what Miss Scarlet said. I hope y'all have a great rest of the evening. TTFN

blessedwithsarah
09-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. WE went to a flea market earlier today. I just made a pot of "clean out the fridge veggie soup". Came out tastey. I have four portions for my lunches this week.

Just wanted to say a quick hi, I'm off to target.

beach bum
09-20-2009, 04:48 PM

Another rush in the morning day for me,didn't have time,as I had to get ready for church. Things have calmed down,and now I relaxing while Leo is watching the NE Patriots & NY Jets.

Nothing new,except, now that I upped my calorie count the other day I lost 1 lb & I notice that my weight for today is down to .5,is it possible that when I was on such a low calorie count my bod was refusing to lose,and now upping it a 500+ that could make a difference??????

VICKIE-I don't blame you for not looking on the net,sorry I ever did, my DD got me started and now I'm on it for all of Leo's symptoms.

SLOAN-WE can manage, having friends up here that are like sisters to me,and my family either phones or we have a internet conversation with a old friend of Leo's from England. He having a good day and he even make him self a Shepherds Pie for and said he'll get 4 meals out of it. That made me happy as now I'm counting the small blessing.

PAULA-SOUP that sounds good,Have to start making them again,now that the weather is getting cooler.

Have to go have a nice evening

sloanie
09-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey y'all! Hope everyone has had a great weekend.

Maryann, I'm glad Leo has had a good day. Baby steps are always good. I wish it was cooling off here in Tennessee. It has been warm and raining here for several days, and some of our building materials that are on the deck have started growing mold! I can't wait for some cool, dry days.

Paula, your soup sounds good. I'll be into that as soon as the weather cools off a little. For now, we are still eating watermelon and pretending it is summer. The weather is hot enough, but the leaves are starting to change. Come on autumn!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! TTFN

beach bum
09-21-2009, 12:03 PM

Hope every one had a nice weekend,I know I did,as I :carrot:lost 1 lb:carrot: at this morning W-I.Now if I can just bottle what I did to lose the pound and continue during it that would be the best. The only thing I did differently was to up my calorie range[1300/1700] a bit,and not be so severe with my low/high range.[500/1400] as the latter didn't work.

RHONDAI guess today is moving day and will be a Texan very shortly.Hope your trip will be an exciting one just like I remembered when we moved up to the Cape.

SLOANE-Thanks,We will work those baby steps,Oh my I hope that your able to get the mold out of your deck. Hate the humid weather that the reason we moved north but it followed us up here anyway.

Have a great day