LA Weight Loss - friends and Losers Sept 14-20

View Full Version : friends and Losers Sept 14-20

Mama Nicole
09-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Hello friends :)

Are you ready for another full week of opportunity to make some positive changes in you r lifestyle? I am, I am. I am drinking some delicious Sumatra, gearing up to work out, and thinking about what foods I am going to energize my body with.

And since I got up so stinkin' early, and I don't yet know how to put myself to bed early, I am also planning my nap for around 2:00 p.m. :)

How I love a tiny little 30 minute power nap.

Ok girls and Dan....let's do this.......pick your thing to work on this week, and work hard. Tiny changes over time = big results!
XOXO

equinetcan
09-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Good morning Nicole and everyone else!

Today will be day 1 for me. Day 1 for starting over officially, day 1 for putting me first for the first time in years, and day 1 of SHRED! I will report back after I am done that last one to see how I made out.

I already have a journal ready to go to record food, exercise, weight and my measurements from this morning when I do them here in just a little bit. Then the sclae is going in my closet and isn't coming out till the morning after I finish day 30. Today I am also going through my kitchen and getting rid of stuff that shouldn't be there - there isn't a lot but there's some.

Tomorrow morning is my last day at work. Just have to go in and turn in my laptop and security card and such. No real work will be done. It will be a hard day as I will be saying goodbye to some people I am used to seeing everyday. With facebook it is easier but not the same.

Let's make this a good week..we CAN and WILL do it!!

sweetandspicy
09-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Good morning to you all!! and especially to Nicole the early bird. Well I have been up since 5:15a.m. but my mornings are such a blur. I did exercise WEdnesday,Thursday,Friday and Saturday. I did not officially exercise yesterday but did some major cleaning outside so I hope that helps a little. I did not eat well this weekend, did not eat a lot just bad choices I did some how manage to loose 1 pound even with Tom, so that is something, Eventhough today I feel like a blob. I feel bloated and yuckie. Paying for my bad choices today. But am back on plan today. Packed a healthy lunch and have some postive energy going here at work. Of course it is just 8:30a.m. so hopefully it will continue. I am so frustrated with myself for not staying on plan. I am going to do better this week.

I am happy it is fall and that it is trying to cool off some. I am excited about Halloween this year and decorating for the baby as he will be the only one to truly appreciate it. I like to go to festivals and see the leaves change colors it is a beautiful time of year to be in Tennessee.

So My plan this week it to limit starches, drink my water and increase fiber.

Kristinx
09-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Well i got on the scale this morning and decided I need some changes. I listened to some stupid article about how we don't really need to drink so much water, so I slacked off. The thing is I'm sure I don't need it to keep hydrated but I find I have less hunger and cravings when I drink all my water. So first step for me this week is getting all my water in :)

I am super tired today as I got home later after picking up FH at a concert (today is his birthday though so it was all part of his present), but then he kept stealing blankets and I hardly slept. Annnnd I won't get home till at least 9 or 10 tonight after house viewing and meeting with the realtor. Oh well! It's all good stuff!

I gotta get some exercise in this week too...I feel so weak and sore..I let all my muscle go to jelly I think and it sucks! Luckily I tend to build muscle easily so hopefully I can tone up some if if the scale won't drop the way I want it to!

JLem311
09-14-2009, 11:31 AM
hello all. hope everyone had a good weekend. i know i sure did!
my workout is done, i'm showered and have gotten a few chores around the house done as well. now to tend to Jag and X..hope today is a good day. :)

so proud of all the exercise people are reporting about doing! :)

equinetcan
09-14-2009, 11:42 AM
OK - Today was a real eye opener and I am making myself believe it was a good thing.

I weighed in this morning and no surprises there. Sclae is now away in my closet for the month. Then took measurements - also no surprises - I see myself everyday I knew how bad those numbers would be. Then it was shred time. The strength and abs parts I am ok with - they hurt but I can do them. The cardio on the other hand not so much. I got to see first hand just how bad off I really am and how far I have to go. But one good thing about this dvd is I can gauge my progress b/c I now know exactly where I started from and gradually over the month I can see how I progress through it. I am going to go for a walk today as well.

But I am glad I did it and I will do it again tomorrow - and the next day...

Kristin - enjoy house hunting - I have the 3x I have done it.

Time for me to go get a few things done - I'll bbl

Mama Nicole
09-14-2009, 12:11 PM
WTG, Alannah :carrot:!!!!! Woooohoooo!!!! I will tell you, by next week, you will be amazed at how your endurance has improved!!! Level one is a very hard cardio workout. I am so happy for you that you started. It feels so good. the first few days are really hard, but it is sooooo worth it!:cp::bravo::cb::dance::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:: cheer3::cheer2:

AmyM.......you did awesome with working out last week. Don't be so hard on yourself.....you have a wonderful downward trend on teh sclae, and have been working out on a pretty regular basis. You are doing GREAT!!!

Morning, Jillian :) My hero :) WTG on such a great start to your day!!! It definitely helps the day go better when you take the time for you in the a.m. Thanks for teaching me that :)

Hi Kristin :) You can do this girlie.....baby steps, baby steps :)

Ok, I'll c heck back later :)
XOXO

aguerin
09-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Good Monday Morning ALL!!! Here's to starting a new week, with new commitments, realizing where are shortfalls arek, and making an effort to change them.

Alannah: So sorry for your job situation. The bright side is that you will have some extra time to focus on you and get yourself on track. Good Luck with that and the job search.

Nichole: Love the new pic.

Kristin: I am with you on the water commitment. I have been slacking off for the last 2 weeks also and my diet drink just doesn't taste the same. I know that doesn't make sense, but it doesn't.

I can also relate to everyone on the not so good for being on plan over the weekend. But I have come to the conclusion that sometimes the events in our life just do not allow for being on plan 100% of the time and that by taking a day here and there to have the "bad" stuff, we won't get so bored/tired/disgusted with the diet as quick. Some events just don't or won't happen that often and you need to enjoy them and not stress so much over what you can or cannot eat. So take the day and don't beat yourself up over it. BTW, we had a dinner for my MIL this weekend b/c she got a day pass from rehab (physical and occupational therapy).

Kristinx
09-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Very true Amy! My problem is I keep making those excuses for events...and they have just been happening WAY too often!

I need some more time...and I am hoping that we will be buying a house closer to my workplace so maybe...just maybe I can cut out 20 minutes of my commute per day...but there's a very good chance I may end up adding another 20 minutes per day....*sigh* I wish FH and I worked close to each other but I just can't see that happening anytime soon...he's been with his company forever ith potential to become an owner and well, my job is good and pays me very well so I can't give it up yet! Oh well, I guess this is what marriage is about right? We gotta compromise on where to live LOL.

Despite this crazy week I AM going to find the time to get some exercise in :)

TryingItAgian09
09-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey ladies, I have a friend that wants to start with FF and she's a vegetarian. What proteins can she have?

mj2007
09-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Hey ladies, I have a friend that wants to start with FF and she's a vegetarian. What proteins can she have?

I know you can have 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute per day...but there is no other veggie protein choice on the list. I am not sure....but tofu should work.
But absolutely no milk, cheese,yogurt...etc

TryingItAgian09
09-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Gotcha thanks!

Hoochie
09-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Why is it that I am not trying as much anymore??? I have only 13 pounds left until my goal. Its as though I am content where i am but I am not. Yes I am in a size 12 and thats awesome but its not where I want to be. I feel like my motivation really swings and I need a plan of action.
I am feeling frustrated!!!
I am running to Walmart on my lunch hour to find that Shred dvd. I really hope they have it.
Sorry to vent but I think since I quit going to the centre, I haven't had to be accountable for when I have a bad weekend and I think I need that again.

Joan

TryingItAgian09
09-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Can she eat fish on FF?

mj2007
09-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Can she eat fish on FF?

Sure!Unlimited fish or shell-fish cooked in oil, butter or margarine.
NO BREADING!!!
Veggies- unlimited greens but must be eaten raw with lite salad dressing,vinegar or oil.
For example...no onions, tomatos,yellow or red pepper.
NO CONDIMENTS...mayo,relish, ketchup etc.

Tea, coffee...must be without milk or creamer.8 glasses of water is a MUST.
Absolutely no carbs...other than Take-off juice.
NO BREAD,PASTA,PEAS etc.
NO DAIRY or SOY products.
NO LA LITES...or LUNAs.

NO SALT or SUGAR. Salt substitute and sugar substitute can be used.

Hoochie
09-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Okay so I just went to Walmart and they dont have it so I ordered it thru Amazon and it will be here between the 18th and the 24th. I am going to become a Shredder.......

Joan

Mama Nicole
09-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Hooray for Joan!!!! You are going to LOVE it!!!!
XOXO

equinetcan
09-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Joan - way to go...I got mine in 4 days from ordering it and it was through amazon and I just had it shipped through regular snail mail.

Quiet night for me here tonight. I did really well with the food plan today. I plan to do a FF next week once everything settles here after tomorrow. I didn't get my eight glasses of water in today but I did get 4-5 and thats 4 more than I have been getting - aiming for 6 tomorrow. I have to get me some lemon juice too to make some lemon water now and then.

Hope everyone had a good day!

JerseyMadchen
09-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey guys!

First day of work today and I am pooped. Ended up drinking too much wine last night, then couldn't sleep. I don't think I fell asleep until after 2am. Lovely. Greatway to start a new job.

I basically just shadowed people today, it's going to be a boring few weeks! Was good all day foodwise, actually didn't eat enough, but then DH and I celebrated my first day at Applebee's tonight. NOT so good. Oh well, it's ok.

We close on our house on THURSDAY! I cannot wait!

Well, not much else to report, am going to go play some DS in bed and go to bed early tonight.

Ta-ta!

JLem311
09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
yay Amy! glad to hear that your first day went well! what games do you have for your DS?

so i got up early to do a double workout. i did the Shred and then hopped on the elliptical for a bit too. :)

ok, having some iced green tea and on with the day.

hope everyone has a good day! and i'm SO PROUD of all the people jumping on the Shred wagon! :) we RULE!

sweetandspicy
09-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Good Morning!!!

Amy-I am glad your first day went well. It will get more exciting. I am sure you were nervous and that kept you up too, I bet you selpt well last night.

Jillian- What kind of Green Tea do you drink?

Joan- I am not sure if There is a Target near you but that is where I have found all of Jillian Michaels DVD's and Books.

Alannah- you are doing great. It is hard to get use to drinking so much water, but soon it will become a habit and you will be drinking more than 64 oz.

Not to much to report here. I have not shredded this week but I have been walking/jogging pretty consistantly and I chased baby Andrew around the ball field for an hour last night so I am pretty happy with that exercise and then when I got home I at 4 oreos, I am not sure why either, TOM is gone and I was not even hungry I was putting up somethings saw them in that cabinet and Andrew and I ate them. He was so cute twisting them apart and eating the creamy center first. Oh well today is a new day. Lately I have been craving Asian food. So I made chicken last night marinated with a Kraft dressing that was Toasted ASian Sesame, it was delicious. I put it in a salad with some sliced almonds, fat free cheddar cheese and some fiber one cereal for some crunch and it was really good. The marinade was a little high in sodium but other than that it was healthy and great. I have a smaller version for lunch today. So here is hoping it is just as good today!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!!!!

JLem311
09-15-2009, 11:41 AM
amy, I brew the tazo zen green tea from starbucks...ince I used to work there for 3yrs its what I really like. good job on the asian salad..and exercise!

Hoochie
09-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Alannah- Have you been doing your shred? I ordered mine yesterday so I hope its here by Friday so I can start it on the weekend.
Jersey Amy- Starting a new job is always boring in the beginning. Every time I hire staff, they all want to be working on their own so quick. Hang in there as this job sounds like it will be worth it!
Jillian- I can't believe you did a double workout. You are the exercise Queen!!
Amy- That salad sounds awesome. I think I am going to try that this week.

Tonight I am going to the Calgary Flames game. The hockey season has started. Yeah!! I love hockey!
Oh so my son got his drivers licence last week. Wow, I am feeling a little old now. Its like he became an adult over night. He has been driving my mustang convertable to work in the evenings. Its a little frightening!!! I really like seeing him pull up on the driveway at night knowing that he is home safe and sound!!
Okay well I should go, talk to you all soon!!!

Joan

Kristinx
09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Yay for hockey season starting!

I am getting back on track..no exercise to report for yesterday...work all day, then we met the realtor, had a viewing, then came home. It was FH's birthday too yesterday and we cracked open his gift to himself (only a man!) which was Beatles Rock band complete with the replica Beatles instruments. The neighbors came over and we rocked out. I was so exhausted from lack of sleep the night before...and it still took an hour to fall asleep! Ahhhh

So I am working hard at work today trying to check some things off my list in hopes that I can get them off my mind and get rid of some of the stress!

POP yesterday :) Well not perfect as I had a glass of wine and actually was UNDER Points for the day but I think it counts!

Mama Nicole
09-15-2009, 04:51 PM
AmyM.......I have a baby Andrew too. He is almost five, but he is still my baby Andrew ;)

Oh, and that salad sounds divine. You can also add orange segments or madarian orange segments for a nice burst of flavor to that salad..YUM!

Super busy day of running errands. I did shred this a.m., and I worked really hard. I felt really good afterwards. I was sweating like a dog, but I did not feel like I was going to have a heart attack for once. It felt really great, like maybe I am making some fitness progress :)

Ok, have to run.....I am going to sneak in a quick 30 minute power nap so I can get through the rest of this day/night :)
XOXO

Hoochie
09-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Just as I was telling you guys that I feel like I am not accountable to anyone anymore, a few of my staff have decided to have a weightloss contest. We are bringing in the scale and weighing in on Monday morning.
This will be awesome!!! Stepping on the scale might not be fun but having others to do it with will be great for me.
Now I am so glad that I ordered the shred. That Jillian is probably going to kick my butt into gear! haha

Joan

equinetcan
09-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Joan - I started the shred yesterday. I haven't done it yet today but the day is not over yet. For me the most painful area right now is the front of my upper legs and my chest. Those chest flys must have done the latter. I am only real bad if I am sitting down for awhile and then go and get up - hurts just a wee bit LOL.

Work is officially over now. Don't think it has really hit me yet cause right now it still just feels like I am on vacation. But I'm sure it will sink in soon.

Food has been good so far today. Still have to figure out supper. Not sure what the protein for that will be. Have to check out my freezer and see what I have.

I'll check in later...

Hoochie
09-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Good for you Alannah! At least you have got started. I really need to get going with something so I hope this is something that I can commit to...

jewljz
09-15-2009, 07:14 PM
WOW! I check out for a couple of weeks and come back to all this determination! It's great! I've been feeling kinda blah lately and have gained a couple of pounds and re-committed this week to losing it again. I know, I keep saying I'm going to get serious and finally make it to goal, but then the weekend comes and I don't know what comes over me... send some determination my way! I've done well so far this week, but its only Tuesday...

JerseyMadchen
09-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey y'all!

(Am trying the whole southern thing...)

Anyways, I had a good second day of work, but I miss this and FB all day! UGH! I am supposed to have my own office the firts week in October, so then I can visit you guys frequently! Thank goodness for smart phones!

I've been pretty good up until tonight with eatting. I am a HUGE sweets person, so I was jonsing bad tonight for a sweet and ended up with a DQ blizzard. I only ate half of it, it was gross, and made me sick and cough. Yey.

Thursday cannot come quick enough, we're closing on our house! I cannot wait!

Well, I was out of work for two years, and MAN is it tough to go back! I was liking staying up late and getting up when I want. Getting up before the sun STINKS!!! Off to bed guys!

momofthree
09-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Amy I love DQ Buster Bar Parfaits. They are divine. Thankfully no DQs in my little part of the world!!
Nicole-- My girls (age 2 and 4) just tried your ricotta cheese pancakes. They were fabulous:)!!! We did not have ricotta so I used cottage cheese and they were great. I microd some blueberries and then put sugar free syrup in and then put that on top. WOW. So good. Thanks for the recipe.

JLem311
09-16-2009, 10:15 AM
morning all. workout done for the day.
now i just wish that it was time for bed already! ha! i'm just really sleepy today. oh well..life goes on. so what's everyone else up to today? getting all your exercise in?

equinetcan
09-16-2009, 10:25 AM
I haven't shredded yet today but I am about to here in just a little bit. I have to take Chancey to the vet today and then she comes home with momma so I'll have her an extra night this week. At least I'll have some fuzzy company ;)

I watched TBL last night. I am glad they have gone back to the singles format again. I didn't mind the couples but they did it for multiple seasons in a row and I was getting tired of it. I'd like to see them do something different but even this is a nice change. I like Abby and Danny so far. Not sure yet of all the other names. It takes me a few weeks to get the names down and to figure out who I really like.

After that was over I watched the Barbara Walters special on Patrick Swayze. I don't normally care for her but I loved him so I wanted to see it. He competed about 15 years ago in the Arabian horse show world like I did so not only did I like his movies (Dirty Dancing is still my all time fave) but I had something in common with him lol. He was way down south doing his thing with the horses and we were up in the Northeast but I can still remember the fuss when he was going to compete at US nationals. I thought it was a good show last night.

Guess this is becoming a book...better finish my toast and go shred before Jillian (both of them) kicks my butt! LOL

BBL...

sweetandspicy
09-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Alannah- I watched TBL too and I like Abby too. I am not sure of everyones name but she definately pulled at my heart strings. Good luck with your shred and enjoy your fuzzy company!!

Jillian- Great job on your exercise and boy I can relate to needing sleep. I was so tempted to call in sick today just to get some rest and it is cooler outside about 78 and rainy and dark. A perfect day to crawl under the covers and sleep. However I came to work and will suffer through

We had a ballgame last night and my sons team lost bigtime. He is so down about it. I just hate to see him emotionally defeated. I tried to comfort him but It sure did not work. I just hope he feels better this afternoon. he has a field trip today and that should distract him some.

Hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday!!!

Kristinx
09-16-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm home sick today :( I hope it's not H1N1...I don't have a fever so it doesn't look like it is but nice to have a day off anyway. I was only supposed to be in some training session today anyway. But hopefully I am better tommorrow, not much time to be sick! We have 2 house viewings on Friday and I hope they go well! Both are closer to work for me and one is priced below our budget. It'd be nice to spend less than we expect for once!

jewljz
09-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Hey everyone! I did it! I exercised during TBL! I was sitting there watching and then thought, "what the heck am I doing? I could be doing squats or arm exercises" and I got a pretty good workout in! I just love that show, its so inspirational!

Today I have a lunch challenge, going to lunch with teammates and I have no idea where so I can't look at the menu ahead of time... hopefully its not somewhere that I can't make a good choice, although after doing this for so long, I can pretty much make a good choice anywhere! One bad thing is that I haven't had breakfast and so I will be STARVING when I go... I'm going to get a cup of water to fill myself up.

Mama Nicole
09-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi Friends :)
My workout is complete!!! Wooohoooo! I didn't watch TBL, I never really have, but I might try it next week.

Jillian....I could go back to bed sooo easy today also. My DH and brother are hauling sand for our new sandbox right now, so I would feel pretty wrong climbing into bed right now.....but it is tempting.

MJ.....I wish I could take credit for the ricotta cheese pancakes, but it was originally De b's recipe, from her cookbook. It is soo deish though :)

Ok, time for some veggie soup :)
XOXO

aguerin
09-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Hey all!

Work has been busy this week so I am just now catching up on the posts.

Scale is still up 2 lbs, but it is TOM, so I can deal with that and the fact that I have not been POP since probably Thursday or Friday of last week.

Goooooooo Shredders! Your band-wagon keeps growing and growing. Great Job!

We are going to Pigeon Forge this weekend for the Grand Fall Rod Run. My boys wanted to go, so mama is doing everything in her power to make it happen.

Has anybody seen Dan? Has he abandoned us?

Hoochie
09-16-2009, 01:36 PM
I didn't watch TBL last night because I was at a hockey game but I really want to watch it next week. I find that show is so inspiring. I think this year, I will try and walk on my treadmill while I watch it instead of sitting on my butt!
Hope you get feeling better soon Kristin!
I caught the end of Big Brother last night though. It was pretty good!

Joan

equinetcan
09-16-2009, 03:55 PM
OK Shred was done this morning for today, and the vet appointment is all done for the day and I have a pooped pooch here with me now. Good thing she doesn't hold a grudge or she could be really mad at mamma right now for taking her to the Dr.

Kristin - hope you feel better!

Everyone else - have a great day!

sweetandspicy
09-16-2009, 04:21 PM
DixieAmy- I live near Piegon Forge about 45 minutes away. I have been to the Rod Runs before your boys will love it!!! Bring an unbrella though it has been raining like crazy!!

Nicole- I added mandrian oranges to my salad for lunch and it was a great addition, thanks for the suggestion.

Joan- I watched TBL last night and I was thinking I should be exercising while I watch this, they should run something at the bottom of the screen like jumping jacks now, squats during the commerical ?? might work.

Kristin- Sorry you are sick, hope you feel better and good luck with the houses on Friday.

Julie- I am sure you will make a good luch choice.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day!!!I must get to work...

leashes
09-16-2009, 06:14 PM
:( I got on the scale today and realized I have gained back 18 of the 25 llbs. I lost back in Dec.2008 on LAWL. I want to get back on track before I gain it all back. Any pointers on the best plan for me? Steps to begin again? I can't keep saying I'll start tomorrow-It's got to be today!! I've gained 8 lbs. in 1.5 weeks-UGH!!

mj2007
09-16-2009, 08:37 PM
:( I got on the scale today and realized I have gained back 18 of the 25 llbs. I lost back in Dec.2008 on LAWL. I want to get back on track before I gain it all back. Any pointers on the best plan for me? Steps to begin again? I can't keep saying I'll start tomorrow-It's got to be today!! I've gained 8 lbs. in 1.5 weeks-UGH!!

I would choose Plan -3 without lites or Plan-2 with lites.

mj2007
09-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi ladies

Can anyone suggest a good beef recipe from the La-cook book?I'm tired of chicken and fish :(

Thanks

AJinTN
09-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Hope you are all having a great evening. I'm just back to report that I'm on day 7 of the shred and still love it. I'm really looking forward to moving on to level 2. I haven't watched it yet, so if any of you have some words of wisdom, I'd love to hear them :)

It looks like everyone is on track, which is great. Keeps me motivated. If that darn Miller Lite would leave me alone, I'd be in much better shape.

RoyalAthena
09-17-2009, 04:03 AM
Alright Ladies!

I want to join the chat!! I am starting the 2 day TakeOFF tomorrow (Thursday and Friday) with the juice and the lites! Then at that point I will do Plan 3 with Lites! I want to get in on the chats because I need the support and to be held accountable. I am going to do this! I NEED to!!!

I am doing the Power 30 program but I think I might have to forfeit these two days on TakeOff, I may not have the energy? True?

Anyway, have a great Thursday!!

aguerin
09-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Good Morning All!

JerseyMadchen: Today is the BIG DAY! Good Luck.

Ann: Welcome to the weekly chatter and congrats on starting back. You might want to update your stats and weight loss info if you haven't already.

AmyM; Thanks for the advice. I have been thinking about it, but I just haven't bought an umbrella yet. I know it is saying there will be showers all weekend up there.

Why is it that I am not trying as much anymore??? I have only 13 pounds left until my goal. Its as though I am content where i am but I am not. Yes I am in a size 12 and thats awesome but its not where I want to be. I feel like my motivation really swings and I need a plan of action.
I
Joan

Joan: I am the same way. I can't get motivated to get these last few lbs off. My mind is elsewhere and it is easier to eat what everyone else is eating. Plus finances are a little tight and the cost of doing this diet is expensive. BUT, after this weekend trip, I am going to crack down.

Ten lbs, here you go!!!! :club: Are you with me? :kickbutt:

Hoochie
09-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Joan: I am the same way. I can't get motivated to get these last few lbs off. My mind is elsewhere iand t is easier to eat what everyone else is eating. Plus finances are a little tight and the cost of doing this diet is expensive. BUT, after this weekend trip, I am going to crack down.

Ten lbs, here you go!!!! :club: Are you with me? :kickbutt:[/QUOTE]

YES I AM WITH YOU!!! I really want this right now. No time better than the present!!!

Joan

mj2007
09-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi All,
Great to know that everyone's on track!

Amy - Strangely, this diet has helped my finances. I was on Curves diet-plan before. It was incredibly expensive. Are you using La-lites daily? That might make it expensive.

Ann - If you are starting your Take Off after a long time, you might want to start with Fast Forward. You can eat unlimited protein and raw veggies besides TO-juice. But no La-lites. The La-lites come into the scene from the next Take-Off you do after 14 days. These Take-Offs after every 14 days has limited protein allocated ( 6 oz only) and la-lites ( 2 per day).
Well...if you already started Take -off instead of fast Forward...nevermind.

Mama Nicole
09-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Welcome Amn :)

MJ....love your new pic :) It is always so nice to put a face with the name :)

Just wanted to stop in and report that I worked out today, but other than that.....I have been kind of useless. I keep attempting to do things, but nothing is reallydone.....:lol:.

Have a great day, everyone......and keep working hard!!!!
XOXO

chiquita623
09-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey everyone. Just popping in to see what's going on with everyone. Not much new with me. Tomorrow is Friday and for some reason this week has just drug out!! A week from Saturday I go to Philly to see DD and her kids. I am so excited about that!! The new pic is of me and her at her graduation in May.

Stay motivated everyone. I'll check back in later. Remember to always be good to yourselves!!!

mj2007
09-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Nicole - Thanks. :) I love your pic too! Usually when I am new to a website I try to be careful before entering profile details until I know it is a trusted website...you can never be too careful these days!

Well, I guess I never properly introduced myself on this forum. I am 31, married, no kids.Grad student...hoping to finish soon.

Good to see the regular faces on this forum everyday and some fresh faces too.

My days are usually quite busy at the lab.Evenings I try my best to attend to the home duties :dizzy: Can't imagine what my life is going to be with a baby. Kudos to all the mothers on this forum...you are super women! I had a busy day today as usual...must hit the gym now!But don't wanna tire myself too much because I am on take-off today and tomorrow.

Btw...someone asked about a restaurant guide somewhere on this forum. Do you all have something called a specific restaurant guide( KFC, Arby's etc) ? They didn't give me any when I started this August...I just got a general guide line to various american/international cuisine in my free-to-live guide book.

Take care...n have a nice nite!

RoyalAthena
09-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Hmm lesson learned. I am sooooo weak (a little irritable and agitated) doing this TakeOFF. Would it be bad to finish TakeOff today and do FF tomorrow (for 2 day total) and then do PLan 3?? I mean if I have to I will finish the full TakeOff. I have the rest of the week off so I really don't need alot of energy. I can lay down and laze-around until this phase passes. Thanks for your input!!

Mama Nicole
09-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Ann...............I would think it woulld be perfectly acceptable to do FF tomorrow. I could NEVER do TO. I think the object of FF and/or TO is to drop a little water weight.....AND.......to make you really appreciate the variety of foods you get to eat for the rest of the week. :)

Hi Laurie :)

Wow, this forum has been a bit slow lately, hasn't it? I have to admit.....I have been playing on FB a lot.....and Jillian got me all into twitter.....but 3FC is still my first love. I have made a lot of great friends here. And Ann and MJ......there are times when it is really slow.....there are times when everyone is too busy to really respond personally...they just breeze in quick with an update.......and then there are these wonderul times when you are feeling super low....one of these incredible ladies will lift you right up :) There is no drama here......we are what we are, and that is why this forum ROCKS!!!!
XOXO

shellyh
09-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Good morning,
I am new to 3FC, a friend from class gave me an article in Womens World that says it''s a mirror of the LA Weightloss Jump Start.
So far in a month I've lost a little over 10 lbs, though I have much more to lose. I'm starting to get a little bored with it however and searched for some recipes I could follow, but because this is the only thing I have to go by, I'm wondering if I should keep following this or look at a different version of the plan. Any direction/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

:?:

Thanks,
Shelly

mj2007
09-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Yay!It's Friday!!Hi to all...I woke up this morning around 6:45 am ( too early for me!) with my husband looking miserable that he overslept and would be late for work.Well...i helped him with his breakfast and finally he was only 1/2 hr late.

I have an eye exam scheduled for this morning...so I have to start moving now.It is quite dark and cloudy outside ....makes me lazy.I am still on TO so quite hungry too! Btw...I never made it to the gym yesterday. There was MTV VMA awards on TV and I got glued. I don't know if anyone here watched it...Beyonce was great as usual...but Pink left me speechless. She sang "Sober" but the real show-stealer was the acrobatics she performed high up in the air...hanging by the ropes, those circus type things....amazing. I would die for a bod like that and fitness level!!!!!

Nicole - I hate TO!!!However, this is my first time and trying to go by the books. I guess TO is more for people who reached a plateau.A colleague of my husband lost 40 lbs without doing TO.Now she is bored and cheats often.She has been at the same weight for over a month lately...then she did a TO and lost 2 lbs in 2 days....water weight may be??

Shelly - Sounds you are doing great on the plan? What is your current weight stats, your height etc, and what plan are you on?May be someone might have suggestions for you if you provide the details.

Later...

equinetcan
09-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Friday again...its friday for me every day now it seems but nonetheless I'm sure lots of you are very glad it's Friday!

I am off to visit a friend for coffee and chat for a bit. Kinda nice to get out of the house for a bit for more than just errands and such.

I'll check in later...everyone have a great day!

JLem311
09-18-2009, 11:38 AM
morning all. welcome to all the new peeps.
not much going on with me today..or this weekend, just want to chill out and relax.

Kristinx
09-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Hello everyone! YAY for Friday!
We're going to look at a couple houses after work today. Then a little Beatles Rock band with FH and son, plus some friends :) Other than that hopefully a quiet weekend. Oh and a Bridal showcase my sister is making me go to on Sunday lol. She had a short engagement and got married in winter so she didn't get to go to any when she was getting married so she wants to take me to all these things. No complaints though...that's what a good Matron of Honour does :)

I am offically giving up beer for awhile. I know it's hindering my weight loss so sticking to a few glasses of red wine this weekend and hope I get a good loss next week! I am still up 3.8 lbs from what my ticker says :(

Hoochie
09-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Kristin- good for you giving up beer. Are you still a non-smoker too???

I went out with gilfriends last night but I had a lite dinner and just a couple of cocktails so I felt okay about it.
I hope I get my shred dvd today in the mail as I really want to start it tomorrow. I am assuming that I will be sore for a few days so I am praying it comes in.
I am cleaning up my yard this weekend and preparing for Fall so I know I will be getting some exercise in doing that. I need to clean up my planters and trim some of my shrubs. It better not rain!!!!
I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Hi to the new faces on this forum!

Joan

shellyh
09-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks MJ, I found all the control panel features!! I'm following a plan that is similar to LA Weightloss' Accelerator plan...from Women's World Weekly, the article is mentioned in lose35.blogspot.com/2007/08/low-carb-day.html (hopefully they won't remove this link). Basically it is a carb cycling program...5 days of what I would consider basic program eating (2 starches, 3 fruit, 2 dairy 8oz protein 2 fat unlimited veggies) and 2 days of low carb (6oz protein, 2 canteloupes, 2 protein bars -usually Luna- unlimited veggies). I expected to lose more weight by now, but have had a bit of difficulty motiviating myself to get moving with the exercise piece. I am weighing every 2 weeks, and will weigh tomorrow....wish me luck!!

shellyh
09-18-2009, 02:41 PM
ohhhh!!! and happy Friday everyone!!!

jewljz
09-18-2009, 03:04 PM
where's Barbara?

mj2007
09-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks MJ, I found all the control panel features!! I'm following a plan that is similar to LA Weightloss' Accelerator plan...from Women's World Weekly, the article is mentioned in lose35.blogspot.com/2007/08/low-carb-day.html (hopefully they won't remove this link). Basically it is a carb cycling program...5 days of what I would consider basic program eating (2 starches, 3 fruit, 2 dairy 8oz protein 2 fat unlimited veggies) and 2 days of low carb (6oz protein, 2 canteloupes, 2 protein bars -usually Luna- unlimited veggies). I expected to lose more weight by now, but have had a bit of difficulty motiviating myself to get moving with the exercise piece. I am weighing every 2 weeks, and will weigh tomorrow....wish me luck!!

Hey Shelly...those 2 days low carb you are doing is what they call take-off at the LAWL. The difference is...it is every 2 weeks.TO is not that easy i guess...and doing every 2 weeks is bad enough!I can't imagine how you must feel doing every week!!!!
I am no expert...but you are about same height as me and want to lose 60 lbs.Therefore, I can speak from my experience your diet seems to have too few protein and too much fat!
According to my experience you should be on Plan-3 of Rapid results without La-lites.

Menu Plan -3

Starch-2
protein -3
veggie-3
fruit-2
dairy-2
fat-1

If you want to look at the Rapid results plan, you will find a thread on this forum called Rapid Results.

Also...make sure that the protein you consuming is lean and low carb such as chicken breast,fish, shell fish or egg substitute.Not too much legumes/beans.
Also do not replace lean protein with nuts,dairy etc....because they have less protein compared to chicken etc...and more fat or carbs.

Choose dairy that is low-fat , sugar-free and low calorie such as Astro zero yogurt ,1% milk, laughing cow lite or lite ricotta or allegro.

As long as you are losing 2lb a week...you should be good!
Good luck with your weigh-in!

equinetcan
09-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Happy saturday!

Quiet in here today so far. I have been pretty productive today. Got my errands done, took the AC in from the front window, re-arranged my living room, dishes done and a few other little things. And this was all before 230pm lol. Thats definitely productive for me.

Chilly here today. Only 12C and there is a brisk wind that is cold. It's supposed to be nicer tomorrow though and the next few days up here.

I just wanted to do a quick check in and see if anyone was around. Hope you all have a good weekend!

RoyalAthena
09-20-2009, 06:09 AM
Well equinetcan :),

I am having a glorious weekend. I totally chucked the idea of TakeOff or Fast Foward. My mind wasnt into it. I just am so tired of fad diets ( not saying that it is one but...) I don't want temporary results. I surfed the site and some people were saying that they had to eat a certain way to keep their TakeOff pounds off. Forget that!! I didnt give up though. After the first day of TakeOff, I was faint, dizzy and etc. I went straight to plan. So far I am on day 2 (complete). I am writing down what I eat, using the exchanges and working out. For now, this is doable. I am usually a calorie counter but having this plan tells me what is nutritious for my body. For example, I have not had candy for the last two days BUT I am working in my fruit and dairy (which I did not do in the past). I am totally satisfied. I am sooooo excited and I just wanted to share. I will give week 1 results in the next weeks forum! Thanks all for the support!!