Old 09-13-2009, 03:55 AM   #1  

Exclamation This time

Well I keep going on different diet to different diet and do no good then say well I'm going to get weight loss surgery then back out.
I have had several Doctors tell me low carb and for some reason I never do it. Well I'm done I'm doing it this time.
I have an umbilical hernia from a c-section in March and the surgeons will not touch me till I lose at least 100 lbs. I weigh 463 right now. Are carbs worth my constant pain and misery worth having trouble picking up my beautiful baby girl! not being able to get on the ground with her when she's learning to crawl feeling like a failure as a mother. Carbs are good but not that good!
JerseyGyrl I think has sealed the deal I've been reading threads by her forever to chicken to do it. So if you read this JerseyGyrl thanks.

Sorry I just had to rant for a while no real ? thanks for everyone's time!
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Good luck, Carrie - sounds like your little girl will be great motivation for you.

For myself, I found the carb withdrawal difficult for just a few days -- afterwards I felt so good it was easy to pass them up. One of the things I think helps is making sure you have the low-carb indulgences that you really like around - butter, cream, etc -- to make sure you are happy and satisfied with what you ARE eating, so you can focus less on what you're NOT eating.
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchbackend View Post
JerseyGyrl I think has sealed the deal I've been reading threads by her forever to chicken to do it. So if you read this JerseyGyrl thanks.
Hi Carrie & to Atkins!!!

SO Glad to hear you are going to do this!! Please feel free to come here often & ask lots of questions. The best advice I can give is....READ THE BOOK!!! Reading the book before attempting to do this is critical. I can't stress the importance of knowing exactly how & why this plan works.
You CAN do this!!!
All the best to you!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #4  

Thanks for the welcomes. I do have a couple of versions of the book not the really old one though. I have the ones that seem to advocate the products and I have already heard about that not being true Atkins.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchbackend View Post
Thanks for the welcomes. I do have a couple of versions of the book not the really old one though. I have the ones that seem to advocate the products and I have already heard about that not being true Atkins.
Just be sure to use a book that was written before 2003 when Dr. Atkins passed away. Anything written after that is basically going to push the products....care of Atkins Nutritionals Inc.
The products, particularly on Induction are a no-no.
If you need convincing....you may find this quite interesting reading
http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:54 PM   #6  

Thanks for the article yeah those bars especially are horrible. I can't tolerate them at all make me sick.
I have had the shakes because I like the taste of them but it's cheaper to make my own shake.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Frankly, I think if you don't get the old version of the book you can make do with the current, just ignore all the parts where they are selling ANY of their products. Eat food - real food, not shakes, bars or other things.

I agree w Jerseygirl that bars (and shakes) should be really just for emergencies when you are on the go and can't find low carb food (which really is extremly rare). For myself, I'd sooner buy a double quarter pounder at McD's and throw away the bun for an emergency than eat a bar or shake .... but it would be a hard call -- I haven't had McD's in 8+ years.
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote