Old 09-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Default PF Changs- need help choosing a healthy option

So I'm going out to lunch with some friends next weekend and PF Chang's is the restaurant of choice. I need some suggestions on what to order. I've been looking at their menu and nutritional information, but was looking for some suggestions as well. Thanks in advance.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I've never eaten or even heard of the place so I am not a big help but I did find this so maybe it might can help

1. Try the Chicken Lettuce Wraps or Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps for a low-calorie appetizer, with only 510 and 420 calories respectively. For dinner, have Moo Goo Gai Pan with only 660 calories, or Shrimp with Lobster Sauce with only 480 calories. The ginger chicken with broccoli has only 660 calories. Both the Mu Shu and Sweet and Sour Chicken have only 720 calories.

2. Order food that is low-fat. The best choice is Buddha's Feast Steamed veggies that have only 1.5 grams of fat. Another good option is the Oolong Marinated Sea Bass with only 12 grams. The sweet and sour chicken has only 20 grams of fat, the almond cashew chicken has 23. Stay away from pork and beef dishes, which all have at least 50 grams of fat.

3. Stay away from dishes with beef and pork for a low cholesterol diet. Try a vegetarian dish like Buddha's Feast, or a fish meal like the Marinated Steamed Bass.

4. Follow a low-carbohydrate diet by avoiding the noodle and rice meals. Try beef with Broccoli, which has 38 grams of carbs. The Moo Goo Gai Pan has 32 grams, and the Shrimp with Lobster sauce has only 24. The Cantonese Shrimp has only 21 grams.

5. Make low-sodium choices from the menu. Try the vegetarian options like Buddha's Feast. Stay away from seafood and fish, which have a lot of sodium.

Last edited by Onederchic; 09-12-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I would go for something that doesn't have 5 servings per dish, since those would be way to easy to eat to much of.

I might go with the Lemon Pepper Shrimp, some brown rice and one of the veggie sides (not the mushrooms.).

It depends on the kind of food you like, though.

What were you thinking of?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #4  

I am sticking with brown rice instead of white, and either the green beans or asparagus for a vegetable. I am having the trouble with the main dish because of the sodium contents and the portion sizes. I will probably skip the appetizer.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #5  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

THe lettuce wraps are DELICIOUS and filling, and they're the lowest-cal thing on the menu I believe.

http://calorielab.com/restaurants/pf-changs/55

That site has a nutritional break down and calories for just about everything on the menu. I love PF Chang's and live close to a Pei Wei (pf chang's owned take out place), so I always keep this site close by.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Here is the nutritional info from the PF Changes website: http://www.pfchangs.com/pdfs/Nutritionals_July09.pdf

Last edited by CLCSC145; 09-12-2009 at 06:57 PM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #7  
wants that Louis Vuitton!

S/C/G: 300/203.4/170

Height: 5'5"

I love the vegetarian dumplings steamed! so good! I have them as my whole meal! I also really like the buddah's feast. mmm...pfchangs is SO yummies!
StellarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #8  
Marina

S/C/G: 317/286/190

Height: 5'9

You can eat the Lettuce Wraps as a meal. If you run out of lettuce, they will bring you more.

The Oolong Marinated Sea Bass is to die for. It literally melts in your mouth. It is on top of a bed f steamed spinach in a miso teriyaki style sauce that tastes soo delish!

I can admit I went w/ my family a few weeks back and didnt touch a thing. I was feeling strong that day! In between the Fried Green Beans and all the fatty dishes, I remembered my weight loss and it helped me! lol I did sample my brothers Oolong Marinated Sea Bass (two bites) and will be ordering that should I make it back to PF Chang's!

The Lettuce wraps on their own are very filling.
ThickAZChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I have tried the lettuce wraps, but I thought they were really greasy.

I always get:

Order of brown rice (website says 109 calories per dish, but I would guess it's more)
Cantonese Scallops (600 calories TOTAL)
Spinach (90 calories TOTAL)

They have tiny cute desserts too! The mini apple pie is 127 calories. Avoid the mini smores - nearly 300 calories!

It's perfect for two meals! The hardest part (for me) at these types of restaurants is that everyone expects to share. I don't want any of theirs, and I don't want them to steal mine!

P.F. Chang's gets HUGE HUGE points from me for posting their calorie info! Good work!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:05 PM   #10  

Thanks everyone. I'm still going over the nutritional info before I decide.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #11  

I ended up ordering the lemon chicken with brown rice. I ate all the brocolli that came with it, some of the rice and a little bit of chicken. Didn't eat the whole thing and wasn't tempted. We didn't even do desserts or appetizers. I stuck with water to drink. All in all, a good day. We were so busy talking and having a good time that I didn't even feel like I was missing out on anything. I'm headed into my 4th week of this new lifestyle and have already lost 13 lbs and am feeling great. I am going to beat my weight problem this time. I just know it. Thanks everyone.