South Beach Diet - Weekend Warblings

View Full Version : Weekend Warblings

Ruthxxx
09-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Good morning from stinky Delta. A skunk perfumed the village around six and the smell woke me up! :( I'm hoping for a windy day to clear things out.

Not much on the schedule today although I'll manage to keep busy. The painter and his GF will be here and I'm anxious to see my paint choices on the wall - nothing spectacular as I'll be hanging quilts for colour. They are hoping to get it all done over the weekend so Paul can do flooring next week. :) The diningroom will be painted once the addition is done which means I don't have to pack all the china and crystal for a while. Good thing as the DR will be full of hardwood flooring on Monday. Apparently it has to "acclimatize" before it's installed. :shrug:

I'm going to spend equal time in the garden, in the house and on the deck with the dogs today and try to restore some balance to our lives. :carrot::carrot:

Wishing you a balanced weekend. :coffee:

Chelby29
09-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Good Morning!

Ruth, Auston called them "Stunks" when he was little. Appropriate, I think. :D Sounds like your project is in it's final stages. I know you are excited.

Jeff got up at 4:45 this morning -- LOUDLY. He left about 5:15. I've been up since. I've actually had a very nice, quiet morning, once he left. :lol: Auston and I are going to a craft show with my MIL this morning. Sounds fun to me. We are eating lunch at a place called Nicky's West, an old Birmingham establishment. It should be easy to stay on plan there.

Hope everyone has an exciting weekend on the Beach!

CyndiM
09-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Good morning :coffee2: I am so glad there is coffee to start days like this!

Ruth - Enjoy your day of balance. I am so looking forward to pictures of the completed project.

Chelby - So nice of Jeff to share his wake up time with you. Sounds like a fun day :)

So the weekend is here - seems like it came very quickly and not fast enough. I think more time might have caused us to complicate things more, so this is good. The weather is less than perfect but I think it will be okay and tomorrow's party should see clear skies. It's too bad that my focus is so scattered now with family stuff but it's all okay. For us this day doesn't change anything about our relationship. Neither of us planned on going anywhere anytime soon :) It really helps to know that things like medical care will no longer have an added layer of stress though. That security is worth more than you realize when you're young. Of course it all only applies in a few states, but it's a start.

For now the To Do list is still a bit daunting - another salad to make, bean spread, veggie platter. Plus all the camping paraphernalia for tonight and getting everything in place to head out early Monday morning. This afternoon we will meet our closest friends, my DD and her bf (and an extra friend along for the ride) and the JP (also an old friend) by the river. We will exchange brief vows then head off to dinner together. After that it's off to the campground and a night of bonfires and wine. Our license will be dated the 13th, so it's all official at midnight. Yes, we really wanted a Friday the 13th anniversary (2013, how perfect is that).

Okay gals I better stop blabbing and get moving. A lot to get done before I leave the house! I'm sure I'll stop in tomorrow night when we get home :)

Chelby29
09-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Cyndi, My wedding day was the only day in my life that I was truly beautiful. I hope you feel the same way today. :)

TwynnB
09-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Ruth - poor you!! We have tons of skunks around here, I often smell them faintly in the morning, and quite often while driving! Getting close on the house...I'm excited for you!

Chelby - men are so RUDE sometimes! A craft show sounds lovely!

Cyndi - best wishes!! Hope you have an enjoyable day, I know you'll make the most of it no matter what the weather! We fully expect pictures! (and the bonfire and wine sounds fantastic! Gives me an idea....)

Me - nothing exciting planned for us. My life must be boring, because I am SO excited over the new fridge we ordered last night! Today I hope to take the kids to the theater, we'll see how that goes. Otherwise, same ole, same ole.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Lexxiss
09-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone:sunny:

Seems like it's going to be a great weekend. Mine is off to a great start. Slept in a bit, managed to get back on DH's good side, dog walk, club & pool then spiff up Rudi for a therapy dog eval. He's the neutral dog. Not much phases him. Then the day is mine; I wonder what will appear that will be appealing?

Cyndi, I'm so happy for you. Kirks favorite numbers are 9 and 13 so he'll be celebrating tomorrow, too. I bought some RF Vermont Cheddar yesterday in your honor. Congrats! Thanks for sharing your life with us here.

Ruth, balance is so important in my life. Enjoy your day.

Twynn, I love my appliances. What refrig did you get? When we redid our kitchen I searched until I knew exactly what I wanted. To this day, when I open my dishwasher, I experience joy all over again. (could be the years in Alaska without running water, too) Hope you get to do exactly what you want to do today.

Sunshine, keep truckin'. I always look for you in the evening and I smile when I find you 'cause I know we're both still OP. You and Anne are my 3Fc gaming buddies!
Have a great day. See you later. :lol:

Chelby, great job staying OP. Keep it up!!!! Have fun at the craft fair and enjoy your OP lunch. I was really suprised to see you here so early.

Hi everyone yet to visit :wave: I'll check back and see what you are all up to when I get home.

Thanks for all your support!!

sophie
09-12-2009, 11:31 AM
hi chickies
Good to see and read about everyones activities.
Best wishes to Cyndi and soon to be DW.
Well, I have been around so any provinces and states that I have to sit down and digest it all. Most eventful was a walk around the perimeter of Devils Tower in Wyoming and Presidential Trail around Mount Rushmore. We also took the highway around the Badlands in South Dakota. In Canada I visited the memorial to our modern hero, Terry Fox and its always emotional.
Got my summer heat this summer because when we got out West and all the way back home it was in the 90s.
So now I am jumping in with two feet into SB. Have made my menu and shopping for the week and am off to tackle the weeds in my garden.
take care
Sophie

sophie
09-12-2009, 11:41 AM
just checking to see if I am successful with my tracker.
Sophie

cottagebythesea
09-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Good almost afternoon. :)

I seem to be having trouble bouncing back after that gruelling trip to Maine. I was here earlier this morning, but just reading the posts and catching up. We did go out for a quick grocery shop, and Jake bought me a gorgeous hanging mum to perk me up.

I have some laundry that must be done today, and am going to put on a pot of split pea soup and make a loaf of whole grain bread to go with it, but then I'm getting back into my PJs and being a slug the rest of the day. :)

Have a happy wedding day, Cyndi and Julie!

Ruthxxx
09-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Sounds good to me, Cottage. You need to re-charge those batteries. I'm going to take my coffee out onto the deck with the dogs and newspaper and contemplate my afternoon. I've done my garden time and will put some mums into the planters over at the Church this afternoon. There's an OB :lol: ( http://www.old*******s.ca/1352.html) rally in the park this afternoon that is always a riot since everyone dresses in full biker regalia. Think Dog The Bounty Hunter. I may wander over to help with the food serving and get a few laughs. Maybe even a ride on a bike!

Chelby29
09-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Cottage, The mums are just starting to show up here. Can't wait to get a big, beautiful yellow one.

Ruth, You'll have to wear your leather vest so you can show off your tattoos. :lol:

The craft show was last weekend. Bummer! I am going to take a nap!

Fat Melanie
09-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey ladies, what's up.

Confession: I am guilty of eating terrible deep fried food last night and right in the middle of frying our second batch of french fries and onion rings, the deep fryer (a used one that we had just acquired from a in-law) quit on us. I think it was a sign.

Sent my hubby to the grocery store on the 4th instructing him to buy MEATS (meaning chicken breasts, lean pork chops, lean steaks, etc) because the Piggly Wiggly had a 5 for $20 deal going on in the butcher department. Instead he goes to the meat counter and buys breaded 'shrimp', onion rings, fries, breaded chicken wings, Mama Roses cardboard pizza which were all included in the 5 for $20 sale. There are no words to describe my abject fury... (lol). We have a limited budget and can't waste precious dollars on crap like that! He did get a huge bulk bag of okra though, but he thinks it's going to be breaded and deep fried. I think not! Sent him to the store yesterday to get some REAL meats so I think tonight I'll make seasoned chicken on the little Hamilton Beach countertop grill and see how the okra turns out if I steam it and season it. Think I'll head over to the recipe section to see if there are any for okra. :D Have a good day, guys! :D

Chelby29
09-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Melanie --

Okra and Tomatoes:
Saute Okra and a chopped onion in a little healthy oil. Saute till not 'slimy'. Dice up a couple of tomatoes (or use canned tomatoes) and stew down till everything is tender.

It's one of my favorite sides. DH wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. :D

Fat Melanie
09-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Chelby, that recipe sounds great and I have all of the ingredients to make it. I'm definitely doing that tonight. Thank you! :D

femmecreole
09-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Cyndi, hope your tomorrow is perfect...it is so cool of you to get married on my birthday! It will be a wonderful day for you, I'm sure!

Had a nice day with friends today (2 other couples..one of the guys birtday is tuesday, so we did a double birthday celebration) went to a farmer's market and I got a lot of stuff...even a gagutsa squash (think the real name is trombone squash...an italian squash). Then we went to our favorite breakfast by the lake place and I had a wonderful Eggs Sardou. Then to a gift shop and a whole foods type market , then all came back here for coffee. A very nice day.

My son's girlfriend's birthday is also on tuesday, then my son's is on Friday and my Mom's next week....all of us New Years babies!

Barb0522
09-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Cat - Happy Birthday!

Cyndie - Have a wonderful wedding! I'm wishing you every happiness possible.

It's finally stopped raining for a bit. We'll probably have more in an hour but I'll take the break while I can and walk the dog. It's been raining almost nonstop since Thursday and we've had over 3 inches of rain so far. It's predicted to stop by Sunday night. Poor Brian is camping. I'm hoping they got their tents set up before the rain started where they were but probably not. Hopefully they still got to do tubing and skiing and swimming even in the rain.

We got Wii Beatles Rock Band yesterday and I stayed up late playing it. Then I got paged around midnight from someone who didn't realize that the system was down due to scheduled maintenance. THEN I got woken at 5:30 by the alarm on Brian's cell phone. I had checked his regular alarm before I went to bed but not the one on his cell. Oh, well, hopefully I won't get paged tonight. I finished up a really good book today and got some errands run. Soon I'll fix up some oven fried chicken and stir fry some cabbage, red onion and other stuff to go with it. Yum!

cottagebythesea
09-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Cat, Happy Birthday! :hb:

Chelby29
09-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Cat, Egg Sardou. mmmmmm!!! Happy Birthday! :D

Is your son home for good or is he going back to New York?

Pearlrose
09-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Cat- Happy Birthday.

Today took blue to the vet for shots, took DD1's car in for oil change and to get a few essentials we were out of. Came home and got to talk to BF on the phone for an hour which we rarely get to do with our schedules. Then we went to football game at the college in town next over to us. Came home and just got back from Trenton Fest parade here in town. Whew I am tired. Making a quick dinner and then just vegging the rest of the evening.

Ruthxxx
09-13-2009, 06:17 AM
Good morning and a belated Happy Birthday to Cat! It sounds like you had a lovely day.

Well, fall must definitely be here because the chimney sweeps are coming this afternoon to do their thing. The woodstove gets a good cleaning so one part of my house will be pristine. I guess I'll be fighting The Battle of the Dust for a while yet.

Church this morning and then a quick trip to The Farm with some squares for sister Joan's last Barn Gallery tour of the year. She and Peter have raised a goodly amount for the Stephen Lewis Foundation. (http://www.stephenlewisfoundation.org/grandmothers.htm) I'm proud of her.

The dogs and I also plan some deck sitting to enjoy the sunny day. How does your Sunday look? I hope it has some relaxation scheduled, with or without pets.

Lexxiss
09-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Good Morning Ruth:sunny:

Happy Birthday, Cat!
Congratulations, Cyndi and Julie!

Enjoy your day, Ruth. Thanks for sharing the SLF info. I had never thought of the burden of GM's. It is a very kind way to help.

Sophie, welcome home!!! I have missed you. It's knitting season!

Cat, I finally got Jon Gabriel's book from the library. Took long enough. I perused it last night, but was too tired.

Pearlrose, hope you got some rest and have a nice Sunday.

Barb, I hope you have a quiet, alarm free, phone free day. Are you still getting rain?

Melanie, I hope your dinner was better last night. Even the description of "terrible deep fried food" made me kinda queasy. The longer I stay on SB the easier I'm finding to just sit certain meals out. One thing for me, is that I really enjoy the grocery store. I like to look at things and read labels and use coupons and get things on sale. The bonus is that I make the decision about what food comes in the house. When I send DH I never get what I wanted. :lol:

Cottage, hope you're getting rested up.

Chelby, only one more "weekend" day. Stay away from :censored: food and remember I'm right there with ya!

Me, heading out for coffee with the cricket. Lexi doesn't much go out early with me anymore. I'm going to pick up the house (aerobic style) and then read some books I borrowed about home cooked pet food. Both Vets would like Lexi off the kibbles and I need to make sure what I prepare is nutritionally suitable.

Have fun everyone!

cottagebythesea
09-13-2009, 07:19 AM
Good morning!

We have to go pick up Tyler for the day, so this is just a quick check-in for now. I'll be back later to catch up and chat.

femmecreole
09-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Chelby...I think he's home for good. Now he has to look for a job! He's thinking about getting a job subbing for now at the high school. His degree is in political science, but I think he'd be a really good teacher if he'd pursue it. Then he could get his masters in theology during the summers.
His truck died right before he left for NYC, so it's being fixed now. As soon as it's ready, he'll hit the road job hunting.

sophie
09-13-2009, 09:42 AM
good morning
Debbie - I thought of you during my trip everytime I saw an Alaskan license plate. There were alot of them especially in Montana. I knitted a sock and a half during our trip.
Ruth - enjoy this lovely early autumn we are having.
Cottage - I do remember you saying that your grandson is two. You really need alot of energy to keep up with them. I crashed at 9:30 every day while I was looking after my grandson.
Chelby - you are doing so well. I hope to join you. We are about the same height.

I had a bumper crop of tomatoes and my son came around and froze them. I used four to make some veg chilli and it worked really well. Just ran the frozen tomatoes under hot water and the skin came off. I still can't believe how many weeds popped up during the three and a half weeks I was gone.
take care
Sophie

sophie
09-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks to Ruth, I have a tracker.

Pearlrose
09-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Good morning,

Just a quick checking as I have to get ready for church. I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

Lexxiss
09-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Good morning,

Just a quick checking as I have to get ready for church. I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

Me, too. Hi, Pearlrose, Hi Sophie.
Sophie, I think of you every time my kitty, Sophie,......sits beside me and plays with the yarn.:lol:

Chelby29
09-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Good Afternoon!

Debbie, I am so pleased with myself -- With the exception of one bite off Auston's plate yesterday, I've had a clean weekend! I don't know that I've ever been lighter on a Monday than a Friday. :D My MIL made a homemade pound cake this weekend. Not even one bite!

Cat, I know you're glad to have your baby back home. Hopefully he'll get a job soon.

Sophie, I hope to join you in the 180s soon!

Hi, Ruth, Cottage and Pearl! :)

We went to Mountain Top this morning. When we got back to the car, Pops (my FIL) was holding a puppy on a leash. Jeff said, "You got yourself a nice dog!" Pops said, "It's Auston's dog." Auston jumped up and down. Jeff was MAD! Anyway, we are proud owners of a 12 week old Great Pyreneese puppy. Auston named him Sparkit Sargent. I'll post pictures soon.

Pops is mostly retired and will be chief caregiver of Sparkit while we are at work and Auston is at school. He will also be in charge when we are in Lake Charles or on vacation. Obviously, Pops didn't think it through.

Chelby29
09-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Auston and Sparkit:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=111042&id=528343035&l=f878a84297

Pearlrose
09-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Chelby what a cute puppy but he is going to get huge. Great pics of them together.

Chelby29
09-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Sparkit's dad weights 150 pounds. He's absolutely going to be huge. We live in the woods. A little dog would get lost in the leaves! :D

Fat Melanie
09-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Cyndi, congratulations on your impending wedding! How cool is that!

Chelby- I had your okra recipe last night and me and the hubby loved it! Thanks again! Even my 1 1/2 year old adored it. And what a cute puppy!

Femmecreole- happy birthday.

Barb, Wiis are so fun. I got to play one for the first time at another couple's house. Their kids have the basic one with the games already on it (the bowling and boxing and so on.) They don't have any other games yet but the bowling and boxing was so fun. I was really good at the boxing and it actually gave me a really good arm workout. Arms were sore for 3 days! Hubby and I plan on getting a Wii in the future.

Hi Pearlrose!

Ruthxx, that is awesome what your sister has done for the foundation. Inspiring as well!

Lexxiis, fortunately I did eat better last night, the okra recipe from Chelby and yummy grilled chicken (although I did eat corn on the cob. I grilled it with salt and pepper and it browned and it was great.) The deep fried food definitely sat heavy on my stomach that night and did make me a tad sick. Glad to know I'm not the only one whose hubby buys the wrong stuff when sent to the store! From now on I'll take a cue from you and try whenever possible to be the one to go to the store. We have no vehicle at the moment but I've decided to push aside my pride and ride along with whoever my hubby's got at the moment to take us where we need to go. If I don't, I'll never get decent groceries in this house! lol! Good luck with the home cooked dog food, I'll bet the pets are in for a real treat. :D

Hi cottagebythesea:)

Sophie, that veggie chili sounds great.

I'm sitting in my new digs with Liam, my 1 1/2 year old. Hubby's went off to our storage unit to grab our floor model Tv for the living room. The lady who still has some of her stuff in here gave us a ottoman, a brand new light colored wooden dish rack (so much nicer looking than a plastic one and matches with the cabinetry), a matching paper towel holder, a lot of cleaning supplies for cleaning her mess up so we won't have to buy any for awhile, an Electrolux vaccuum that works GREAT!, couch and chairs, etc. Her aunt who we are renting from knocked $100 off the rent this month for having to deal with her niece's stuff still being in here. The niece is one of those hoarders who compulsively buy the same things over and over again and stash it but she's a really nice person. I have helped pack up most of her stuff and now the only rooms with her stuff in it are the master bedroom and bathroom. Now you can see the nice home underneath all of the junk!

I'm so excited to finally be in a decent place for our family and I can't wait to start decorating.
My husband got some huge hideous painting from his cousin's grandma and I said hmmm... let's hang that in the hallway! (Dilemma solved. Now I can decorate my living room my way! :D) Plus, although the niece gave us a couch and chair, it's got mismatched cushions and is pretty old and although we are grateful and will use it for now, my cousin in law's grandma also is going to give us her brand new matching never-really-sat-on-before couches and chair when she moves in with her family. It's going to look great in here and I'm so excited. Husband's current job has not had work in 2 weeks and our landlord is very understanding, and he has applied for another job with better pay and hopefully steady hours. Just wish he'd put his computer certifications to even better use than a side business! I am planning on starting college courses as soon as I am able and as soon as I can find help with daycare, and also part-time work. I want to have a private savings account and stow away money just in case anything happens and I need to be financially prepared for me and my son. Then the rest of the money I'll put into our bills and maybe a few extras like shopping for clothes! Woohoo! Things are looking up. I'm just so excited about my new place! And I turn 24 in 2 months. I'm really an adult! :o Time flys!

Lexxiss
09-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Obviously, Pops didn't think it through.
OMG, obviously not! Lucky its Jeff's dad, not yours. Does Pops know how big he's going to get? On a different note, good on 'ya, sticking to plan. Now we both have this next week, a day at a time. We got to church and there was a potluck. I didn't taste one thing not on my list.

cottagebythesea
09-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Sophie ~ Yes, little Tyler is 2 and is just a ball of energy! :) He listens pretty well, but he won't let you sit down for a minute. Andrea just came by to get him, and I'm exhausted. If I had him every day I'd be thin as a rail, LOL!

Chelby ~ That's a very cute puppy, but I can understand why your DH was so upset. He's going to be so big that you may want to change his name to "Clifford." ;) Good luck with him and I hope he brings your family a lot of joy.

Melanie ~ I'm happy that things are starting to look up for you and hope you have a bright future ahead.

I just picked and froze several quart bags of Swiss chard from my garden. I read that the more you pick, the more you'll get, so I think I'll have a nice stash to last me all through the winter. It's a good thing I adore the stuff!
It looks like it'll just be Jake and I for supper tonight, and I'm making him a turkey breast with stuffing and the works. It smells like Thanksgiving in here. :) For myself, I'm just having a Kuri Squash Gratin and chilled steamed broccoli with strawberry balsamic viniagrette.

CyndiM
09-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Hey Gals - thanks for the wishes and thoughts :) Missed you all last night but no wifi ;) We had a break in the rain and had the ceremony at the river then a lovely dinner. DD contributed serious food porn from Boston. My crazy friends had sparklers, did the shaving cream on the car thing and a silly little bow on top. Oh, and I can't forget the bubbles after the JP pronounced us married. The campground was so much fun - relaxing, great company and conversation. Then today's party went off without a hitch. Everyone knew I had to be on the road in the morning so things broke up a little early. nice for me. Times like this really make me appreciate my friends and DD. They were wonderful!

I'm not going to attempt to catch-up on personals. I'm exhausted - late to bed and up at my usual hour. I doubt I'll be on tomorrow morning. Plan to get out of bed, grab coffee and hit the road. I want to get to the hospital as close to the start of the procedure as I can. Maybe the hospital will have wifi.

Be back when I can.

TwynnB
09-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Good afternoon ladies!

Melanie - glad to see you back and that things are looking up!

Chelby- WHOA! Did pops have one before that inspired him to get you one? As a vet, I must say...socialize!! They're guard dogs, so many of them tend to be aggressive (I remember a home visit, he tried to go thru the window at me!!)...he might try to guard Auston (good and bad all at the same time!!) He's beautiful!

Me - Saw a recipe in the weekend paper (the one everyone gets in their local paper)...recipe for southwestern shepherd pie. Has sweet potatoes on top (not sure how that goes with the black beans, etc.) but I might have to try it!

We're having a "girls time" now....she helped me make her mac n cheese, I had leftover cabbage patch stew :D (still yummy!). I just signed her up for gymnastics class (let the driving begin!!), so we need to get a leotard. The boys are at a rails-to-trails on a bike ride, so daddy should be happy :D.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

rdw1
09-13-2009, 06:32 PM
YEAY CYNDI! Congratulations I am glad the weather at least broke a bit for you two! Get some rest and Have a safe trip tomorrow and we'll see you soon :)

I am so happy for you both!

Lexxiss
09-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Melanie, I think you're already an adult. Thanks for sharing your excitement of your new home with us.

Chelby29
09-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Melanie, I'm so glad you liked okra and tomatoes! Sounds like you guys are settling into your new home. Do you have yard sales and thrift stores where you are? We have great ones around here, and lots of my furniture is from there. Kind of eclectic. :) BTW, once you push a baby out of your body, you are an adult, whether you like it or not! :D I was 35!

Twynn, There are two Pyreneese who live behind us, and Pops likes their temperament. We live in the woods with lots of wildlife. I think Pops has the idea that Sparkit will protect Auston from cayotes, possums, snakes and whatever else walks up out of the woods. But, I don't want him to eat the mailman's leg off...

Hi Rikki! Getting Spicy this week! ;)

Cyndi, Your weekend sounds wonderful! Congratulations, again. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Jeff is not even in the house any more, and football is STILL on my tv. What the heck???

cottagebythesea
09-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Cyndi, :congrat: It sounds like you had a lovely ceremony and a great party today. Have a safe trip tomorrow and I pray all goes well with your Dad's procedure.

Barb0522
09-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Lexxiss - We finally got a break from the rain around noon when I was picking Brian up from the campout. Everything he had was soaked but they only got rain last night so they had a wonderful time tubing, canoeing, wakeboarding and lots of other stuff. We've had over 7 inches of rain since Thursday but at least it is cooler. I don't think we got out of the 70's today.

I fixed whole wheat lasagne for dinner tonight and that was good with the cooler weather. Brian and I had a great time playing Beatles Rock Band. I think he'll crash early though. He's looking quite tired but I imagine 6 hours on the lake would tire him out.

Tomorrow I'll be in the office (unless I'm paged too much tonight). I'll have to drop Brian at the troop meeting early so I can head to Meet the Teacher night.

Cyndi - Sounds like a beautiful ceremony. I'm so glad the weather cooperated.

sophie
09-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Chelby - pops will develop good muscles brushing that lovely puppy. Hope you have a good vacuum cleaner but what a nice memory your son will have that his grandpa bought him a doggie.
Melanie - Nice to meet you and so glad things are on the upswing for you.
Twynn - sounds like you are having a lovely evening.
Cottage - time to relax after chasing a two year old. I think if I had my grandson all the time I would be thin too.
Cyndi - glad that everything went well and happiness to you both. Hope everything goes well tomorrow.
Nice OP day today for me.
take care
Sophie

SunshineCA
09-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. :)

I hung out with friends last night 'til the wee hours of the morning. I had a blast and was able to stay legal. :)

Today I stayed home and did the usual. I cleaned up, cooked and prepared for the upcoming week.

May you all have a great week! :)