Dieting with Obstacles - Firbromyalgia #188

View Full Version : Firbromyalgia #188

Happy Canuk
09-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey, nice to have a minute to post. Been so busy working and when I'm not I am trying to recuperiate so I can keep up :lol: Next month it will all slow down.

Kate - glad that the surgery is finished and that you are back home. It will take time, like all surgery does. Try sleeping with a little pillow to cushion your arm. I can only sleep on my left side, as my hip gives me grief on the right side and I am NOT a back or stomach sleeper at all.

Canadice - sorry your hurt yourself, yet again. I never cried when my son left home, as I saw more of him AFTER he left because he wasn't always going out. Now, he came home to eat and actually visit :lol: My daughter was a little different story. I missed her terribly as she moved to Edmonton to go to school, so I only had weekends. She did come home then, but it didn't seem long enough.

Tammy - you will see lots of Tim too. They don't totally LEAVE!! My goal was to raise my kids so they could actually survive in the outside world, and I did achieve that. They are both doing so well and I am very proud of them. They are stable and are good, caring parents. What more could I ask for??? We are a pretty close family and see each other lots.

Meme - STOP all this stuff you are doing. You are only doing yourself HARM. You need to have less stress and more rest. They WILL survive without you doing everything, and if they don't then I guess they don't care too. One person can't do it all without repercussions.

Mima - Lucky you going to PEI. I think we will make an Eastern trip next summer if all goes well. If not, it will be the year after. We are expecting company this summer so not sure how that will work into our plans. I read a little blurp in the paper that the total bills for gas and electric should go any higher than $2000.00 a month this winter!!!! I have NEVER heard of this kind of bill. I pay about $60.00 a month for electric and the gas is covered in the rent or in the condo fee. It isn't that high at all. I don't know what people will do if they have to start paying HUGE billsfor these things.

Joanne - gosh, I hope you are feeling better after that darn fall. I see it didn't slow you down any. I am not as surefooted as I used to be either and have the occassional tumble. Hate it, because it jars the whole body.

I am stiff and sore. Muscles feel tight and brittle, like they want to break. Haven't had the bottom of the foot pain for a long time, but this morning when I got up, it was like I was walking on chards of glass. Just change of the season stuff going on. Have to phone the Orthopedic Dr. and see about getting an appointment for my toe. Hopefully they can do surgery and not in years from now. Also, my finger on my right hand is giving me real trouble with OA going on there. It's always some darn thing. PAIN seems to want to be my nearest and dearest friend:lol:

Have a good afternoon or evening.

Joanne D
09-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Happy -We can always count on you to start a new thread.. I tried once and messed it up..
My l/leg is black and blue.. I am on coumadin and that just makes the bruising worse.. Just the smallest nick and I bleed like the dickens.
Mima- You have had a busy summer.. Have a good trip.
Tammy- I cried when both of my kids left home. my son kept coming back for a long time. Now that he has remarried he seems more stable..he is very involved with the church and does not drink anymore. Thank You God..
Meme- You are doing too much.. I tell my son he needs to let some of the other church members do something. He feels they won't. Ofcourse not as long as he is willing to do it all.
Candice- I hate falling.. I hurt for days after.. One of these days I am afraid I am going to do a good job of it. When I start to go down it is like a tree falling. No control.
Well ,my day is almost over. I have been having problems with IBS and I can't wait to lay down. Have to take Christie out one more time today..It will be a short trip..
Joanne

Mima
09-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Brad says that 10% of the people do 90% of the work.
I have one suitcase packed. Planning on 7 days of clothes.
I have an appt on the 21st to get the shingles shot. My ins is supposed to pay for it. I am glad I waited because they didn't do that before. Don't mess with my health insurance-I love it.
Going to lunch with the campground ladies. That should be fun.
I can tell the seasons are changing. Things are acting up.I hurt my shoulder walking the dog -will get a shot if it doesn't go away.
Stay upright, ladies. mima

Kate53
09-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Good morning everyone. Feeling much better these past couple of days. Started out-patient PT and I am doing the exercises at home but going in to get "measured" once a week. They measure the shoulder's flexibility in degrees....very interesting. I have been able to sleep a bit on my back lately using my "hugging" pillow as support for my left arm. Other than that, I still sleep on my right side with the pillow under my arm. At least I am getting some sleep now!
I've been experimenting with Queenie's food and have recently switched her to a raw diet. She seems to be liking it very much.....but she is not pooping on her regular schedule now. My understanding is there is less waste product with raw diets and that dogs poop less. I'm still a bit concerned whether she is getting enough nutrients on the raw though. It doesn't appear to be fortified with anything. There is a different formula that has added vitamins that I might decide to give her....it would make me feel better knowing it would be "complete" nutrition. I also need to talk to the vet and see what his opinions are regarding the raw diets before I go too far with it.
Thanks for starting the new thread Anne. I just seem to be so preoccupied with so many big things lately that I am forgetting to take care of the regular little things. I did remember to get my hubby an anniversary card though! We haven't celebrated our anniversary since the 9/11 disaster but we have been married 28 years today. We lived together for 6 years before that so I guess the total should be 34 years, right? As long as we acknowledge that we remember each other on this date we're happy....don't need any fancy presents or dinners out. I like my cooking best anyhow! ;)
Mima, hope you enjoy your PEI trip! The weather should be gorgeous there this time of year! I have to admit I do miss the seasons changing...especially going into fall. I always loved the fall on Cape Cod. I'll just be so happy to get cool enough here in Florida so I can open up the house for a bit....so tired of being closed up with the A/C running all the time. I like fresh air and sunshine at about 65-68 degrees...with a good strong breeze. That is my idea of perfect weather! That final note about "staying upright" had me laughing....we definitely have to watch our steps lately, huh? We're like the "walking wounded" club here!
Off to do some more research on this darn dog diet....she's so spoiled and I am getting fed up with her fussiness about food. She just may end up with a bowl-of-kibble-everyday-eat-it-or-not attitude from me in the near future! Hope everyone enjoys their day....rain due here all day from tropical storm "Erica" (or whoever we're up to now.)

Candicej
09-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Hello gals....

Just peeking in...what a day..the boy came to fix the scratches on the leather chairs, did not show up on time and it took him forever and he had to run back to the store to get tools since the man that was supposed to show up couldn't and didn't tell him what he needed. When he left he said call the other guy or the store to come look at it since niether of us was satisfied. (you can see where he tired to fix the leather) Dh is tired of dealing with all this and said just let it go...I am tired of loosing sleep, getting up for no shows also but would like my new furniture to look like new for awhile anyway. They said we will make it like new or replace it...now we have to decide if we want to call in and complain again. (dh says no and I say yes...at least have them come look at it)

Tomorow we go to DS's for DH's bd meal...both boys and fiance will be there....but I am so tired and sore hope I can enjoy...plugged the camera in and made a 3 bean salad to take. They will grill since we do not have one yet..still deciding on the deck renewal. This is the first year I did not make DH a cake, I told him I could make it later if he really wanted it...we don't need it hear. The boys will pick one up from the store.

Oh and I ordered meat online from Kansa City streak house...steak burgers..and they look brown...they are thawing in the fridge so hope they are ok and we do not get sick. I do not eat much red meat but DH likes it everynow and then.

Well I'm off to rest now..no replies..sorry just too tired.

Tammy
09-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Anne, thanks for starting us off again! What you said about your kids is something that Bob and I always talked about. We knew that Tim would be ok once he is out on his own, unlike so many others his age. LOL to pain being your nearest and dearest friend! Hope you are feeling better.

Joanne, in the other thread we were talking about our dogs and their gland problem. What does the pumpkin do for them? Tim told me that I need to quit doing so much. I didn't even go to the county retired teacher meeting/meal on Thursday because I knew they were going to push for me to be vice president again. After being VP for 2 years, you end up being president. I don't want to do that.

Mima, I'm sure you are looking forward to the trip to PEI! Hope you have a great time.

Kate, glad to hear you are feeling better especially after reading from the other thread. Happy Anniversary to you and hubby! I'm glad Maurice isn't picky about his food. I think he'd eat anything.

Candice, I agree with you. Call them and have them come and look at it. 3 bean salad sounds pretty good! Happy birthday to hubby!

Off to an Emmaus meeting this morning. I'm on the next team in November, so we are starting our team meetings this morning.

Tim just left for his EMT class. Next week is his last week, and then at least part of his Saturdays will be free. After the class today he is riding with the rescue squad in the town where the classes are held. He has to get in 4 "ride-alongs" for a different place than where he is a member. He rode last night, and they had 2 runs. 2 more to go! He also has to "shadow" a nurse in an ER, and he'll be doing that on Wednesday. He's a busy kid.

Started back to the classes at the Y this week. Aerobics and zumba.

Mima
09-12-2009, 08:08 AM
From everything you posted, I can tell Tim is a great kid. You done good.The lunch was good yesterday but the apple crisp I had was not as good as I have had at the campground.We have to go there to finish up a couple of things.Then we are going to a country gospel concert at church-Ernie Couch and the Revival. Got 2 suitcases packed and pills done. I am really looking forward to this trip. Fall is my favorite time of the year but I am really liking having a second summer in FL. Hey tammy-be careful we don't have to get after you like we do with Meme.I talked to my neighbor yesterday-the lady I went to college with and has ms and just lost her husband. She didn't want company because she was in too much pain but we had a nice conversation and I will call her when I get back to go to lunch. Now there's a situation I wouldn't want -she has a walker but she drives a bit so that is good.
Bye for now-Mima

Joanne D
09-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Wrote a post yesterday. Got lost in space!!
I give Christie pumpkin,apple carrots and cheerios for the fiber in them. She has anal problems. I hope it clears up soon. This problem has cost me more than was paid for her.
All you girls seem really busy.. I guess we all are.. I wonder sometimes what retirement means. There is always something I have to do.. The hubby sleeps more than he is awake so no help there..
We need a new car. I am praying this one will just refuse to run. That may be the only way he will agree. The air condition has quit now.. He took it in for repair and it ran cool for only one day. In florida you need that..
Have a Good weekend Everybody.
Joanne

Mima
09-14-2009, 07:55 AM
You bet you need air. Hope you get one soon.
We are leaving at 9 and I am taking my computer. I have a wireless card.Went to visit our tenant in rehab-he is still flat on his back.
Well-packing up-bye for now. Mima

Kate53
09-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Where to start?? Good morning all! Had a very eventful weekend. Got lots done and hubby built me a pulley system for my shoulder exercises. I do those in the gargage now. I only go to PT once a week right now to save on the co-pay expenses and they measure my progress. I'll do more PT after Oct. 20th when my orthopedic clears me for weight bearing exercises. So far so good....sleeping much better but still having problems in the "bra" department. I can get one on but have a hard time getting it off!
Queenie is not going to get the raw diet after all. I talked with her vet and he is not a fan of that type of diet. He pointed out that dogs are "omnivorous" which was new knowledge for me! I always thought dogs were carnivores....nope...they are omnivores. So, she gets the kibble and a bit of moist food...take it or leave it my spoiled little thing!
Hubby and I had our tap water tested because of the smell and hardness we were experiencing. What a shocker that was! I can't believe the contaminants in our water here! This is water that the city pumps out to all it's county customers too! We decided on a whole house purification system....with the reverse osmosis under the kitchen sink. I can't believe the difference we have found in the short period of time we have had it....almost too good to be true. I love having fresh clean water to bath, cook, wash clothes etc. I am using way less cleaning products now too. I never realized how important good water is in our everyday lives.
Need to get to the store and pick up a few things. Trying to be conservative with finances now as we have car insurance and our 1st quarter property taxes due next month. It's a never ending battle trying to keep up with these bills. The cost of living is definitely not matching up with wages lately! I don't know how these larger families here manage it.....
Hope you enjoy your trip, Mima and everyone is feeling healthy out there. The weather is going to be changing soon and I can't wait to get this A/C off and get some fresh air through the house!!

Joanne D
09-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Well the hubby took the car back to the garage and guess what . They fixed the air again!! I keep hoping for a new car.. The son says it won't rumn forever. I bet it will as long as the hubby keeps shelling out the money on it..
Hope Mima has a good trip..
Kate get some front closers bras.. I need to do that. my shoulder are full of arthritis. Although I can still reach to hook them it hurts.
Hello Tammy ,Meme- I need to go to facebook and see what is there. I haven't been there in awhile. I get on Sparkpeople and the time gets away from me and then I have to get busy here at home..
Hello Happy,Candice..Joanne

Tammy
09-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Mima, you mentioned apple crisp, so now I want some! I am going to quit saying yes to things. When I retired I planned to do what I wanted to do, not to get all involved in committees and stuff. I need to remember that, or if not, you guys can get on me.

Joanne, Maurice loves carrots, apples, and bananas. I don't think he has as big of a problem as what Kramer (our other dog) did. We had to take Kramer to the vet to help him. Haven't had to do that with Maurice yet. Do you want me to come down and pull some wires and stuff in your car's engine so you'll have to get a new one?

Kate, keep it up with the exercises. I know that helped my husband after his surgery. We had our water tested when we moved in here, and it is amazingly clean. The town had just put in new water stuff, and they've updated it even since then. We've had so many cool days, and I've had the windows open. Today is a different story. AC is on!

Tammy
09-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Anyone know how to Sticky this thread, and get rid of 186 and 187?

Happy Canuk
09-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi Tammy. I did send a message to Meow the moderator. Either she is away, or she is no longer the moderator. I guess we will just have to put up with it until somebody cleans it up. A moderator has to do it.

Kate - glad to hear that you are doing awesome. Keep up the good work. Soon you will be as good as new.

Hi to everybody. Nice day here again - up into the 80's. Beautiful, spectacular weather for this time of year. It's like summer. Next week, all that will change, but sure am enjoying it while it's here. I feel so lucky, as I have my windows open all year. Can't stand the closed in smell of stale air. Even though we have air, I still prefer it from OUTSIDE.

Off for the rest of the week. Have one day next week, then my gf is coming to visit for the week and the week after that, we are heading out to the West Coast for a week or so.

Have a good day.

Tammy
09-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks for trying Anne!

I have our windows open today, and I'm almost cold! It's in the low 70's, and the sun is shining.

You and your friend will have so much fun! Enjoy your time together!

I have an Emmaus Team meeting tonight for the November Emmaus Walk. I'm in the group in charge of food tonight. I have a huge bowl of fresh fruit fixed, and I'm also taking a loaf of bread. I'm also taking all the paper products that we'll need for all of the meetings. Others are bringing salad, a casserole of some kind, and drinks.

Joanne D
09-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Tammy- Very good . My brother told me to pour some sugar in the gas tank.That would do the trick but I am afraid he would take it to a garage and find out what I did..I am trying to keep him thinking about looking at cars.
I am looking forward to opening my windows too.. Too hot yet..
I went shopping for baby clothes for new soon to be G/G/Grandson. Haven't done that in many years..I found some nice things.I have a good size bag started. Even threw in a football that was given to me at the Hyundia dealer..I did get the hubby there to look..
Have a good weekend everybody.
Joanne

Mima
09-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Hi from Prince Edward Island. Never got to use wifi but this room has a hookup. We got to Bar Harbor on Monday and realized WE FORGOT THE PASSPORTS> Ya dayada-we got here Friday and had to pick them up at the PO facility. Yjeu missed the truck by 10 min.
PEI is beautiful. We wnet to the Anne of Green Gables house and the play last night right here, We crossed thw Confederation Bridge which is 13 miles long. It rained yesterday but looks clear today. Heading home. Mima

vjack
09-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Hi there,
I'm sure happy to have found this thread. I'm not sure what the #188 means, so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place.I'm 47 and was diagnosed with Fibro about 10 years ago. I mostly pretend I don't have it - so that doesn't always work too well.
I went from being on a ton of meds (narcotics etc) down to almost nothing. Although, now that my weight is the highest it's ever been, I'm feeling a little less well.
Nevertheless---onward and upward. I started WW yesterday and am ready to start living healthy. My youngest went off to college last month, so now I truly have time to dedicate to me.

Just wanted to introduce myself a bit and say I'm looking forward to reading everyone's posts.

Thanks,
Valerie

Tammy
09-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Victoria, the #188 is the thread number. This is the 188th one! I haven't been here since the beginning, and I'm not sure who all that posts was here in the beginning. WELCOME!!

Being down to almost nothing compared to before on the meds is wonderful! I know that you have to devote time to yourself for your own wellbeing, and it sounds like you are on that road since you've joined WW.

I turned 54 in May, and I was diagnosed in 2004. I had no problems until I fell on the ice going in to school one morning. I didn't get on the right meds until 5 months after the fall, so I was pretty miserable. I couldn't even go with my class on our field trip that year because of the pain that I was in. I retired from teaching in 2007, and those last few years I definitely wasn't the teacher that I used to be. Since I have retired, I have been able to take less meds which is great.

I started out doing water aerobics while I was still teaching, and that helped with some of my problems. I'm to the point now that I am doing step aerobics 3 days a week and zumba 2 nights a week! I can't believe that I am able to do that now. I still have days that I can't do much, and I just stay home, but I'm better than I used to be. I am in a bible based weight loss program called First Place 4 Health. The weight is coming off slowly, but I'm just glad that it is coming off.

I have a son who is a senior in college. He'll graduate next May, and he also is getting married in May. He moved home 2nd semester of his junior year and is commuting. The reason he moved home was because my husband passed away the summer before his junior year. He was worried about me, and it just did both of us good for him to be at home.

Hope to hear from you often!!

Joanne, maybe your brother and I should get together and "discuss" your car! lol when is the GGGrandson expected?

Mima, glad you are having a good time! You forgot your passports! Oh my!!

Hope you have all had a great weekend!!

Joanne D
09-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Well I did it again.. Lost my post..
Welcome vjack. WW is a good program, I lost a lot of weight there. I was very sick in Feb and lost a lot more. Now I have gained and need to lose about 10 lbs.
Tammy,, Target date is Oct. 18. First babies can come soon as well as late..
I keep hoping that car would just die.. Hubby said we would look at Fords tomorrow. We will see. About all he will do is look.
Mima.. I hope you had a good time on your trip..
Hello All.
Joanne

Tammy
09-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Anne, I just saw that Meowee (the moderator) passed away.

Joanne, Oct. 18 will be here soon! I'll be at Disney World then. Let us know how the car looking goes. Maybe you'll convince him that it's time.

Kate53
09-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Good morning everyone! Have been busy past few days. The water conditioning company has had to come back three times for the reverse osmosis unit under my sink. They are here now, as I write this adding an additional tank to the system for my ice/water in the fridge. Seems certain fridges don't "perform" with a RO system and mine happens to be one of them! Of course....why not? And they didn't mention any of this when they sold us the unit so now they have to make it work...by adding a booster pump and additional RO tank. A major pain in the butt but at least we will have clean, pure water!
I've haven't been as diligent with my PT exercises past few days. I will go to PT tomorrow and get stretched and such and they have told me I am way ahead of schedule in the mobility area so I am not going to worry too, too much about it. Hubby has been working lots lately which is good as we sure could use some cash flow with all these big improvements going on. He wants to buy an "older" Jeep to go back and forth to work with because his nice pick-up truck gets so dirty parked at the place he works. So, another insurance bill not to mention whatever payments he has to make coming up. The good thing is his niece's husband works at a used Jeep dealership in Virginia so I think he will get a great deal....we'll see.
Guess Mima is on her vacation....hope the weather is beautiful in PEI and she is enjoying herself.
Weather here still hot so my A/C is still on....can't wait for the cooler weather to show up so I can get this house opened up! The first few nights are a trial though because Queenie can hear every little thing with the windows opened and goes into "bark mode". It only lasts a few nights though and then she settles down. First day of fall tomorrow, ladies!! Get the halloween decor out!! Halloween is a big thing here in Florida!
Hope everyone is enjoying life. I have been busy trying new recipes and cooking like crazy. I am in the mood for a whole wheat pizza tonight....wish I could lose this desire for carbs though. Need to jump start my diet again. I'll find the motivation soon.....I hope! Bye for now.

Mima
09-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Good morning -we are home and thanking God for a safe trip.
Bob and Pam are coming in Feb to get married-they will have their big bash next June-Half the family will be here- FL-Suzanne won't be able to come and Pam's bro either-his wife may be expecting. I said we should use a webcam. Mike can set it up.
Our neghbor in FL passed away from cancer. He ignored skin cancer. I tried many times to witness to him but he was so resistant-that is sad.
Shot today-haircut tomorrow and massage Thurs, That sounds good.
Sounds like you are doing better, Kate.
Hi Victoria. All I can take is Tylenol but I do have some good meds to sleep. I get a shot of methotrexate every week for RH.
But I am sore from riding and I ate too many things I shouldn't have. But I did have a flourless cake-WOW!!!
Going to check out WW online because it's free for a month.
That would be because I gained!!! Mima

Mima
09-23-2009, 06:21 AM
Hi guys-I joined WW again last night. I have not had ANY willpower. I need to lose 9.4 lbs and they set my goal 4 lbs lower than before. I have 18 pts a day and the extra 35, It will get me back on track and allow my stomache to shrink. Points are in my head!!!!! Mima

Kate53
09-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Good morning everyone. I just read that our moderator, Meowee passed away. So sorry to hear of this and condolences go out to her family.
Mima, welcome back...hope you had a great vacation. Yes, I am doing much better, thanks. The shoulder is doing great but the FM has been acting up a lot this past week or so. I think it is from lack of sleep. I'll sleep like a rock one night but then have 2-3 nights of tossing/turning and aches in my hips. Then I will sleep hard again for 1 night and so on. It's wrecking havoc with my muscles and joints right now.
Welcome, Valerie. WW seems to be a very popular diet but I have never had much luck with it. I have done much better on the South Beach/Sonoma food plans. My exercise level is way down right now due to a recent shoulder surgery but I will be back at it after Oct. 20th....that's my "release" date from the orthopedic to start strenghthening again. For now I have been ordered to lay off my left arm....and I am honestly trying to but I am just one of those "get 'r done" kind of people. Hope you enjoy this forum as much as we all do!
Tammy, I'll bet you are excited to visit Disney. I had forgotten you mentioned you would be there in October. I was just concentrating on the "resort" week in Dec. I am assuming you fly to these destinations, not drive? I was wondering how this worked with Maurice.
Heavy rains here all night and cloudy with t-storms and rain showers predicted all day. I am actually enjoying the lazy-day feeling for a change....might even get in a nap! I do have to be mindful of the pool water level though. Might have to "drain" it out a bit with all this waterfall. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day.

Mima
09-24-2009, 08:06 AM
Darn-post lost!!! Great for you kate-when this is over-you will be so happy you did it.
Got through the day with flex pts. massage at 11. Suzanne is haveing a super ultrasound and MAYBE see if it's a boy. It's an ultrsound tht looks in depth-of course it's looking for defects. Don't want any of those. Had enough surprises with Alison although she is a joy. Mima

Kate53
09-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Good morning everyone. Another cloudy day here in Florida. Weather has remained hot and humid with some rain here and there. Can't wait for the cooler weather so I can open up this darn house!
Queenie has been a real "pill" the past few mornings. I think the routine is getting to both of us! I just wish she would learn to get in and out of the car on her own so I can take her to some different places to walk. I just can't be lifting her white butt into that SUV right now.
No sleep again last night. Just can't seem to get comfortable. Hopefully I will be tired enough after today's to-do list to sleep through the night. I cleaned the pool, pool patio, weeded around the passion vine and watered all the patio plants yesterday. Then I made cole slaw, cooked fish for dinner and took the dog for a long walk last evening. I was hot, sweaty and pooped.Still no decent sleeping. I would LOVE to treat myself to a massage.....not in the financial stars for me right now. It's that property tax, car insurance and homeowner's insurance time of year. I just wish I had more confidence in this economy right now. I'll keep trying though.
Off to the store to buy a few things. I'm making a beef barley soup today and need some more fresh veggies. Hope everyone is feeling well and enjoys their day.

Mima
09-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Boy-you are a good cook, Kate. We went to a concert last night-Gospel for Aids Project Worcester. It was good-saw the lady who started Christian Singles-she is a Pastor now and such a hoot. She performed-we sang some good songs.Suzanne's ultrasound went well-no signs of birth defects and we still don't know the sex, But she's only 13 weeks.
Westminster's big parade is tomorrow and there is a lousy forecast.
Angela and Brett are coming. Bye for now-Mima

Mima
09-27-2009, 06:45 AM
It's raining and our parade is at one. have garbage bags!!!!Pray.

Kate53
09-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Good morning all. Much drier and very breezy here this morning. We have a "cold" front moving in the middle of the week. Maybe I will get to open up and air out the house!! Would love to change the air in here. Good walking weather this morning and Queenie enjoyed the park.
Too bad about the parade weather, Mima. As long as it isn't cold, everyone should enjoy it anyway. I hope you do.
Hubby went target practicing with our neighbor this morning so I am going to take a ride to the local nursery shop to find some new terra cotta pots to paint. I want to replace the ones that are hanging on my patio posts with ivy in them. Rustoleum has a textured type paint that looks like stone and I think it would be a fabulous look with ivy in them on the posts. The old pots are all yuckky and algae looking. Hopefully I will find what I need this morning.
Off to get my to-do list done. Made a Greek style chicken last night with whole grain penne pasta, feta cheese, diced tomatoes and onions, artichoke hearts and lemon juice. I added fresh chopped oregano and parsley from my herb pots. Tasted very yummy! Hope everyone enjoys the day!

Tammy
09-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Looks like I have some catching up to do!

Kate, are all of the water conditioning things in place now? Hope so! Did hubby get to look at Jeeps and find one that he likes? My hubby always wanted a jeep. When we went shopping for a new car for him a couple summers ago, I convinced him to try out a jeep. After he did, he didn't like it like he thought he would. He ended up with a Dodge Avenger. Very nice car, very sporty looking. I traded it and my older van in on a new van after he passed away. Sometimes I think I should have kept it, but then I remember how some days I have trouble getting in and out of cars, and the van is so much easier.

We've been able to have our windows open quite a bit lately. Some nights I can hear the train going through town, and other nights I sleep straight through. Any dogs barking makes Maurice sit up and listen though. lol

I'll be flying to Disney in October, but I'll be driving down after Christmas. Tim will be coming with me and staying a couple days at Vero Beach, and then he'll fly home. From there I'll drive to Jekyll Island, GA, for a week, then I'll head to the Disney place at Hilton Head, then maybe home, or maybe I'll go somewhere else! lol I'll have Maurice with me, so he'll be good company while I drive. Ha! At least he can listen to me.

Tell Queenie to straighten up! I can't imagine trying to lift her! I have our car and house insurance done monthly so I can budget things better. It costs about $10 extra a year to do it, but it saves my sanity. Wish I could do the property taxes that way.

I think I would like you to come and cook for me! did you find what you needed for the pots?

Mima, your week sounds like mine did! I got a haircut and I also had a massage. Felt great! Silly question, but how much do you pay for your massage and how long is it? I pay $45, and I am there from 1 1/2 - 2 hours each time I go. I had gone to someone a few years ago, and it was $60 for about an hour. I like this lady soooooo much better! How is WW going? I know so many people who have had success on WW.

PTL for the ultrasound looking good!! How was the parade? Did you get wet or were you able to stay dry?

I changed my tracker to 10 pounds. Looking at needing to lose 30 and the scales not moving in the right direction was getting to me. I actually have gained 5 pounds since I started the classes this session. Can't believe it.
Aerobics 3 mornings, zumba 2 nights, or water aerobics 1 night when I can't do both zumba classes . I was online trying to see what my problem is, and I have talked to 2 different nutritionists at the Y in the past week. Everything says that I am not eating enough. Blows my mind. I was eating 1500-1600, then I went to 1700-1800, and I have still gained. The places online said for the activity I'm doing, I should be eating about 2400 calories a day! MY GOSH!!!!

My new heart rate monitor tracks calories, and the past week I have used a little over 3000 calories during my classes. I know that I am toning up because my clothes are loose. I had to get new pants to wear to class because I was constantly pulling the other up. That's the 2nd time I've had to get smaller pants since January. BUT I want to see that lower number on the scale!!!

Enough whining. We are having grilled chicken, baked potato, and salad for dinner. Tim works till 4, and he goes on squad duty at 5. He doesn't have to go to the station since it's a volunteer group and they don't have to stay there. Just hope we get to sit down and have a nice meal before he gets a run (If they get a run).

I sure an rambling. Hope you have all had a great weekend!!!

Mima
09-29-2009, 06:52 AM
Where is my post???????????????tammy-you have muscle and your body stops losing because it is operating on the fact that it thinks it should go slow because you are not eating enough -weird but true. Getting my shingles shot today and my RH shot-boy am I hurting. And then to Aunties for lunch. Bye for now and hi all. Anne -do you have to wait a long time for surgeries???? We are hearing horror stories in the states because of the health care situation.

Tammy
09-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Mima, I printed out a picture of what 5 pounds of fat and 5 pounds of muscle looks like. Big difference in the sizes! I must be gaining muscle since I've been packing up clothes that are too big. Hope I can continue to pack things up!

Sorry to hear you are hurting. Enjoy time with Auntie!

Zumba tonight. Looking forward to it.

Mima
09-30-2009, 07:43 AM
I do think it's muscle-way to go!!!!
I am frustrated-I only lost 1.2 lbs. need to up my exercise but limited by arthritis and I left my chair exercises in FL. It didn't help that I ate too much for lunch yesterday. I will do this. And that's better than gaining.
Got the shingles shot-arm sore -but that's better than shingles, And I got more med for arthritis-hands are better.
Brad is not working and he never stops talking!!!! I know I shouldn't complain . But I am venting.
Hi all!! Mima

Kate53
10-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Good morning everyone. A cloudy day here in Florida today but a heck of a lot cooler than it has been! Not quite cool enough to open up the house but better for walking her royal highness!
Finished refinishing my terracotta pots that hang on my posts on the patio. I had a heck of a time getting the ivy out of them to do it but they look wonderful. I used that new Rustoleum stone-look spray paint and then finished them with a matt top coat. They will be ready to hang again tomorrow. I just don't know if I should try to divide and re-use the ivy I took out of them or just go and buy three new ivy plants to put in. I can always leave the ivy in the outside pot I stored them in and put a trellis up and over the outdoor shower for it to climb over. Decisions, decisions.
Hubby has been bugging me about buying a jeep to use for commuting to work. He gets upset over his truck being parked at the plant where he works getting dirty and crusty looking. He thinks he is "saving" his truck by leaving it at home....yeah, right! I try to explain things like the extra expenses of registration and insurance but he isn't listening....as usual. Oh well, I guess he has to feel as though he is working for something enjoyable....His niece's husband in Virginia works for a Jeep dealer so he is looking around for him.
Off to finish some chores. I cleaned all day yesterday and am hoping for some time to myself today. We have a new "Fresh Market" that just opened about 10 miles from me and I want to go check it out. Hope everyone is feeling healthy and enjoys their day. Bye for now....

Tammy
10-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Mima, wonder if you could find some good chair exercises online somewhere? I'll bet there would be something somewhere. I remember when my mother had shingles. She was miserable. Glad that your hands are better. I have good days and not so good days with mine. LOL to Brad's talking.

Kate, I had closed all of our windows and we actually turned the heat on very low last night. It was down to 33. Nippy! Today it warmed up again, so I turned the heat off and opened a few windows again. Now they are closed again because it has cooled off and it is raining. Any way you could post pictures of your pots and the ivy? Sounds pretty. I like the idea of having it climbing over a trellis. My aunt had something like that years ago, and I liked it. Did you make it to Fresh Market? How was it?

I plan to hit the pillow earlier tonight. I was so tired most of the day today. I have aerobics at 9 in the morning.

Mima
10-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Good morning-oh your pots sound nice.A little bump in the road-Suzanne's blood test showed an increased risk for Down's syndrome. But her ultrasound looked good except one part was high normal. Another one at 20 weeks. I know she could deal with it but it sure can make you anxious. I will be praying a lot and asking others to do so.The good old days were when you NEVER had a test and didn't worry. I was 39 when I had Suzanne, my gf was 40, my dil was 42. I guess you did worry but you just had faith.Couple Bible study tonight-that's a good time/I found exercises on you tube but they were only 3 minutes, Should look for more.
Bye Mima

Joanne D
10-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Hello Everybody.. My computer decided to give me a problem. My son took it to a place to get it fixed. They said I had a bug and after cleaning that out put a different virus protection on it.. Then I have been having a problem getting back on my sites. I was a wreck last night because I couldn't find where I had printed out my password. I finally found it this morning.. I thought I had thrown it out ..
On top of everything I haven't been feeling so good and my knee is bothering me again. I see my Dr. next week. I may just have to breakdown and get it fixed. It has been injected so many times over the years as it is..
The weather on this side of Fl. has been nice but the weather man says it will get warm/hot again today.It will get cooler later this month.
I have given up on the mexican sun flowers. They haven't bloomed and so I am just slowly cutting them down and getting rid of them. I see no reason to waste water and ferterlizer on them. I don't have the strength anymore to do all that extra yard work.
I hope you all are well or starting to feel better..Joanne

Tammy
10-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Mima, keep us posted on Suzanne. I'll be keeping her in prayers! 3 minutes isn't very long to do exercises. Play it over and over? lol

Joanne, glad your computer is up and running again. Hope your knee gets to feeling better and you don't have to have surgery.

Tim got the keys to the apartment last night. It wasn't supposed to be ready for another couple of weeks. Lauren is coming over on the 16th, and they will be moving things then. He said before then he might take some boxes of things over there. I'll get my garage, porch, and Florida room back. Now I have to buy a bookshelf because I've been using his entertainment center for books and stuff.

Joanne D
10-02-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't know if I am glad to have the computer back or not. So much was changed around that caused a lot of stress.
You will be glad for the extra space but you also will miss him and his stuff,Tammy.
Kate I used to have ivy growing up a oak tree,years ago. I may get some potted now that you have brought it to my attention.You always seem to be busy.
Hello everybody...Joanne

Tammy
10-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Joanne, I felt like that when I got this new computer for a while. I was in tears a couple of times. I know I'll miss Tim. He told me today that he'll be here often since he'll just be on the other side of town, and until he gets a washer and dryer, he'll be using the ones here.

Mima
10-03-2009, 08:18 AM
That's a good way to see him. They never really leave home except my kids are way over an hour now.My car keys were in Brad's jacket which he found 5 minutes after the Pastor's wife prayed at Bible Study. PTL. Now what do I do with Brad????Suzanne is still sick and depressed-afraid to take her med, I read conflicting reports about taking it during pregnancy, I need to let go of that situation because it's making ME depressed.Rainy day. I went for a good walk up a hill yesterday-had to stop many times because of asthma. But I felt good when I was done.
Made gluten free brownies-2 pts a square-yeah!!!
Bye for now-Mima Hope you get squared away with your computer, Joanne,

Joanne D
10-04-2009, 12:13 PM
My G/son took his wife to the hospital yesterday evening. She is pregnant and isn't due till the 18th or after. She is toxic and her b/p has been going up and down putting stress on the baby.She has been on bedrest for the past week. So the doctor decided to induce her. We may be great grandparents today..There was talk of a c/section if there is a problem. We hope not.. Joanne

Happy Canuk
10-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Hello. Been awhile since I was here, but I have been busy. Worked lots this month, then had a gf come visit for the week of 19-25 and then we went on a little holiday out to the west coast, through the Rocky Mountains, which is always a beautiful drive. Enjoyed the break, and hubby has next week off as well.

Tammy - once they leave, you actually see more of them, as they come home to visit, instead of just stop in for a change of clothing and a meal :lol: At least he is not far away. Sounds like you are making plans and that is a good thing.

Kate - glad you are recovering and that it seems to be going well. I was drooling over your menu's.

Joanne - I sure hope all goes well with the new baby and that both are ok.

Mima - My cousin was told about the Down's Syndrome thing they had found, and they asked her if she wanted an abortion. She said NO THANKS, and the baby was just fine. They just have to be prepared for whatever God sends their way. Glad you had a good trip.

It is very close to snow here today, in fact it is supposed to do that very thing this afternoon!! There was snow in the mountain passes, but that is normal. It is cold here as well, only 40F with a wind that feels like it is coming off an iceberg (it probably is, even if they tell us they are melting!!!)

Everybody have a good day. Hi Meme and Candice.

Joanne D
10-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Hello Everybody..I am now a great grandparent.. They had to do a c/section as the baby was breech..6+ lbs boy.. Mother and baby doing good.. Joanne

Tammy
10-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Joanne, congratulations on the new great grandson! Glad to hear they are both doing fine. Have they picked out a name yet?

Anne, your trip sounds wonderful! I'm sure you took many pictures, right? Had to laugh about the wind coming off the icebergs. Just don't know what to believe about everything "they" say is fact.

Tim mentioned earlier that he should probably go through some things and decide what he is keeping and what is going to goodwill or elsewhere.

I'm going through all my books. At the Women's Emmaus Walk in November, we are going to have a free book table for the Pilgrims. Christian books of course. I have so many books that I'll never read again, so I'm giving them up.

Need to go to bed. I enjoy the classes but sometimes it is so tempting to just stay in bed.

MemeToo
10-05-2009, 02:52 AM
Congratulations on the GG Joanne. We need some pictures soon! I love babies. It will be a few more years before I have those, tho.

We had Homecoming at church today (yesterday now). I came home and layed down to take a nap ... wound up sleeping until 9:30. Don't know what my crazy husband was thinking, letting me sleep that long. He should have woke me up. Now I'll be up all night. Oh well, what's different about that?

I've got to start an eating plan tomorrow. I've been eating too much junk and too much candy (choc). It's like I'm addicted or something, I can't seem to get enough choc. If I had the equipment, I'd swear I'm pregnant. I've promised myself I'll stop tomorrow. I put everything in the basement except a few packs of m&ms to slowly ween myself off so I won't get a headache. I've gained back 4 pounds of the 14 I lost. Time to jump back on the wagon.

Hope everybody else is good ... I only read back 2 pages so I'll have to catch up the rest later. Have a good Mon. I'm going to try to catch up on some of the sleep I lost over the weekend. Hubby will be 44 tomorrow (today). Oh, Tammy, you miss your kids being at home at first but you adjust just as with every phase of life. It really wasn't good or bad with me ... just different. And the beat goes on. I think your life is what you make it - the people in it are just an added bonus (or, with some, maybe not so much!)

Mima
10-05-2009, 06:43 AM
Congrats, Joanne. Sure glad they are both fine.
Thanks for the encouragement, Anne, We will know more in 6 weeks when they will do another 3d ultrasound. She seems ok. They will accept whatever God gives them.
We went out to eat with Bob and Pam's family-they will be leaving for FL next week-the parents-that is. Still have to get together with others.
Skin doc today-hope there are no surprises. If there are-I can do it in FL.
Good to share your books, Tammy. Bye for now-Mima good to hear from you Meme-I am always supertired after something aest.nd have to r

Kate53
10-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Congratulations on the grandchild, Joanne! Sounds like things will be very busy for everyone for a little while as I am sure your DIL will need plenty of help having had the C-section. Very happy to hear all went well.
Anne, snow???? You are kidding, right? I haven't even turned off my A/C yet! I'm very anxious to get this house opened up and let some fresh air in! Actually, I've been a bit of a crank the past few days.....not feeling quite myself. I think it is the changing of the seasons that might be the cause. I'm finding myself very irritable and short-fused.....everything seems to bug me right now (hubby, dog, housework, neighbors..etc). I sure hope it passes soon. Maybe I need some vacation time away from it all.....Anne has the right idea!
Mima, when do you usually leave for FL? I just can't believe we are into another fall/winter season already! I would imagine the traffic here will start to get congested anytime now from all the winter visitors who come down for the season. It seems most of the Canadians arrive first....maybe because they are getting ready for snow already!! Yikes!
Need to get some turkey meatballs and sauce going for tonight. Hubby will probably not be crazy about "turkey" meatballs but I am sick of red meat this week...so eat it or go hungry, right? I'm also grilling some lemon, garlic and white wine turkey sausages to go with it.
Sounds like everyone has been busy.....and I hope healthy. I'm off to start my to-do list. Enjoy the day....which is cloudy here right now.

Joanne D
10-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Tammy-The babies name is John Wallass(sp) I amnot sure how they will spell it.. He is blond and has blue/green eyes. My daughter and I hoping they will turn green like ours. She says he looks a lot like the father.They will be calling him JW. That side of the family likes nicknames.
Meme- I have no way to send pictures. I am not as computer savvy as some.So far I don't have any.
Mima- The ultra sound done on one of my nieces babies was the same and they said downs too. The Dr advised her to abort. Well she didn't and guess what the baby is a happy go lucky kid. Smart as a whip. You never know.
Happy- In some cases you seem more of the kids when they leave home . Our son called or was over here daily till he married the second time. Our daughter calls once or twice a week. She lives 200 miles away. She does come down on important days and sometimes on a weekend when she doesn't have too much to do for school.
Things in the school systems have gone from fair to really bad. She works 5 days aweek ,gets home about 5-6 pm eats supper and sits down to do paper work till about 11 pm. She then is up about4 am and working again till time to go to school and do it again . This is done as well on the weekends. That is not just her but all the teachers.. They all are very unhappy.. They are trying to get the union to intervine.It has never been like this in the past.. Now Obama wants to extend the school time through the summers. And have the teachers there on the weekends so the kids have a place to go. And no extra pay for all this work. If my daughter wasn't close to retirement she would resign. She has a few more years. I told her it probably wasn't worth it to make herself sick. She doesn't need the money. She loves the children.
Hope everyone has a good day..Joanne

Happy Canuk
10-05-2009, 01:46 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, JOANNE!The arrival of a new baby is always great. Glad all went well for baby and mom.

Meme - nice to hear from you. Glad you got some sleep. I guess sleeping all night would be best, but hey, if that doesn't work, then getting a few zzzz's whenever is good.

Kate - your dinners always sound so good! The snow NEVER did get this far, but it did get to Calgary. Lots in the mountains now, so it will make the skihill people happy, and of course, the skiers.

Here is a link for a new Canadain Study on chronic pain. It is worth looking at.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090929/neuralgia_090929/20090929?hub=Health

Everybody have a good day.

MemeToo
10-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Joanne, I agree with you about teachers. They work long hours and they're wages have never been enough for the amount of work they do. My DIL is a teacher and she really cares about the kids she teaches. She puts in so many extra hours because she cares. But I also think teaching is rewarding work. I was a substitute for about 15 years and I enjoyed seeing the light come on in those little faces when they 'got' something for the first time. Seems like today, though, many of them know more than we do! (Or, at least they think they do. :p

I agree about the baby! And I would accept whatever God gave me, too ... I could not terminate a pregnancy just because the child 'might' have Downs. I've known several children (and 2 adults) with Downs and they are so special and sweet.

Kate, your dinner sounds good, made me hungry. I won't have to cook until Thur. We're going out for Mexican for hubby's BD tonight, I brought home left-overs from church yesterday for tomorrow night and we always eat out on Wed. night with friends - this week we will have another cake for Hubby's BD & celebrate with them. Whew ... there goes my diet.

Anne, I can't take nortriptyline ... I have hallucinations when on that. Most antidepressants do something weird to me. (Goodness knows I'm weird enough without something making me EXTRA weird!!!) ;)

Tammy
10-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Just stopping in to read the posts. I leave for Florida on Monday, and this week is just too busy and I'm hurting. Hope you are all doing well!

Joanne D
10-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Feel good Tammy.. have a good time..
hello Everybody..Joanne

MemeToo
10-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Last BD dinner tonight at Cracker Barrel w/cake. Ate too much; had apple chicken and dressing.

I love teaching the Junior class at church ... those kids make me feel young, they get so excited. We had a spirited game of tic-tac-toe tonight. The teams didn't get to place a X or O unless they got their Bible question right. The winning team was loud (so were the losers!). :p We started out in Genesis 1 about 3 months ago and all the questions are on what we have covered so far. They are learning so much. They really listen and try to remember everything I say because they know the games at the end of class will be on what we study. It's an easy approach to learning with that age group.

We are expecting rain and cooler weather ... JOY.

MemeToo
10-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Here is a picture of hubby and our 4 G-kids at El Tapatios Mexican restaurant last night for his BD dinner. He is wearing the Sombrero they make everyone wear when they sing Happy BD to them. The kids left to right: Jenna, Kaylyn, Garrett, Ross. (Jenna is on Kaylyn's back ... silly girls)

http://www.baxtertrailers.com/images/RayBD.jpg

GIRLS AND BOYS!

http://www.baxtertrailers.com/images/J-K.jpg

http://www.baxtertrailers.com/images/G-R.jpg

Mima
10-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the great pics, Meme.I lost my post 2x last time so i will try again. Have fun Tammy. I hate it when people in my family are having problems with each other and then each of them tells me. I SHOULD NOT listen. There are so many family dynamics with Suzanne having a husband and Bobby having a fiance. I am all for everyone just getting along-no waves-etc.Trying to get done here-target date to leave 19 th or 20th-visiting 2 people in NC. Be good, all. Mima

Kate53
10-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Good morning everyone. We're having record highs for temps here in Florida! It has been so darn hot and humid these past few days I haven't felt like doing much. Physical therapy is done until Oct. 20th when I will start the strengthing rehab. According to the therapist, I am way ahead of schedule....a good thing because I am ready to get on with life. Hopefully I will only have 1 month left of this rehab.
Great pictures, Meme Too! Hope everyone had a great time at your hubby's party. It sounds like you do a great job inspiring the kids in your bible class to learn what you are teaching them!
Tammy, enjoy your trip to Orlando. Do you stay right at Disney? I have some friends from back home who bought a timeshare there and come down every Thanksgiving with their kids. They celebrate it right at Disney....sounds like they have a great time doing it, too! We are 90 miles southeast of Orlando but I have not made a trip to Disney yet....I think there are too many kids there for me and I really haven't had the desire to go yet. Maybe Epcot at some point. And you are not alone in the hurting department...I have been miserable for the past week...especially at night. I can't seem to get comfortable and it feels like someone worked me over with a baseball bat! I sure hope it is just a flare-up and goes away soon!
Mima, do have a careful trip down. It has been unusally warm here but at least we haven't had any threats of hurricanes....yet! (As you must know, Nov. 30th is when the fat lady sings for that!) I can handle the temps but the humidity gets to me.
I hope everyone enjoys their day. I was going to bathe her royal highness today but my body says otherwise. I'll postpone her bath until the weekend.

MemeToo
10-09-2009, 05:10 AM
Can you believe I made those pictures with my phone? I thought they turned out pretty good.

Storms tonight ... after 4 am and haven't gone to sleep yet. My pain level has been way up, too. It usually is this time of year ... season changing.

Mima ... most of my family is in NC. I'm excited about some of my cousins from NC contacting me on Facebook in the last few weeks. It's good to be able to keep in touch. Also some friends from MI that I haven't talked to much in over 30 years have friended me. Facebook is a very good thing.

Mima
10-09-2009, 06:34 AM
NC seems to be a popular place to live.
Life is what happens while you are making other plans. Doc called and that brown spot on my face is a paper thin melanoma-now that's a scary word. Of course I have to have it removed ASAP so Tues and Wed I will have surgery-they do a biopsy after tues to be sure and I sure want then to be sure. I guess we will be here another week. Last time they couldn't take the stitches out all at once. I have appts to change,
We have to shop today-frig is pretty bare. I bought a dvd for walking vigorously and using weights-I only did 20 minutes but I liked it.
Bye for now-almost lost my post. Mima

Joanne D
10-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Meme- Your G/children are growing up. Beautiful.
I think everybody has pain this time of the year. We could use some rain down here. Temps are in the 90's. The weatherman said it was going to stay that way for at least a week.
Mima- I hope all goes well with the surgery. I guess it isn't easy changing plans. Icebox empty go to a deli.. I like doing that even though I shouldn't.
My sons B/D today. He is 51 I find that hard to believe. We are having them over tonight. Guess I will make a meatloaf. He likes that. His wifes suggestion. I think I made that when they were over a while back.
Hello Everybody...Joanne

Mima
10-10-2009, 07:14 AM
You must make good meatloaf , Joanne.
Tonight is Brad's 50th high school reunion-should be fun.
I am a little depressed about my surgery. Seems likeI spend so much time taking care of my body and this is the 3rd skin surgery, It's good I have 2 dermatologists in FL.
Need to get virus protection asap-4 days left for Norton.
It;s going to be a nice weekend. Mima

Kate53
10-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Good morning all. I understand what you were saying about losing a post! I wrote yesterday and it never appeared! What's up with that?
Mima, don't let your computer go without virus protection! Too many things out there now that can really cause a lot of problems. I use the Windows Live Care One which updates automatically everytime I turn on the computer and it backs-up all my files everyday to an external drive called a "Passport". Can't be too careful here because I have all my info on the computer.
And try not to get too depressed about the skin issues. You are one of those people who can see the changes in your skin and does something about it before it gets worse. I don't pay enough attention to my skin to notice these things....shame on me! You have me thinking about seeing a dermatologist now! I am going to have several skin tags removed with my primary care dr. when I go back in Nov. but I probably should have my skin checked out by a skin dr. I have to confess that I have a few tattoos....and a very large one on my back that might make it difficult to see any skin abnormalities but I suppose a skin doctor would be able to see anything.
Hubby has today and tomorrow off so I am doing up a "honey-do" list. Need to get numerous things accomplished this weekend! Off to change the linens and vacuumn....hope everyone enjoys their day!

Joanne D
10-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Mima- Don't worry about the surgery. It is in office? Catching things early is the key.. It seems my family likes my cooking..I used a differant recipe and it seemed to go over well. They ate it all and the son took the rest home with him. I also sent the salad ,cake except for a small piece that the hubby ate this am.Got that out of the house.
The flu shot has my arm sore and I have a slight sore throat..
Have a safe trip down.
have a Good Weekend Everybody...Joanne

Happy Canuk
10-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Hello everybody.

Mima - glad you are getting this looked after. You sure don't want to leave it or ignore it. If you are prone to this, then you are being wise to have yourself checked out. Florida isn't going anywhere and will be there whenever you are ready to go.

Tammy - have a great time. You will enjoy it.

Joanne - glad you had a good dinner. I like meatloaf as well, as my cousin's hubby LOVES anything made with hamburger. He prefers it to steak!!! Hope you don't get sick. I am NOT getting any flu shot and will take my chances with the flu.

Meme - glad your hubby had a good birthday celebration. The pictures turned out good. Isn't it wonderful what you can do with all this new technology? The kids are growing up. Ashley is already 11 and that is hard to believe. Our baby is already 3. Time goes by so fast. James is also 11 now, and like Ashley, is growing up.

I am having Thanksgiving here at my house this weekend. My daughter and her family will come today and leave tomorrow after dinner. My son and his family will come tomorrow and stay until Monday, so it will be a busy weekend. Hope you all have a good one.

MemeToo
10-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Mima ... hope all goes well with your surgeries. I'm sure it will be fine!

Joanne, I've been craving meatloaf all week! I got the stuff to make it with today at the grocery store. After reading all that, now I don't know if I can wait until Mon. or not!

Had a busy day of: Praise Team practice, grocery and other shopping (and bill paying -UGH), a little house work and dinner with friends. Now I'm going to get things ready for church tomorrow, take a Tylenol PM and go to bed. I only got 3 hrs. sleep last night ... I cannot go all day tomorrow on another sleepless night. Have a blessed Sunday Ladies!

Tammy
10-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Hi gang! Sorry I haven't been around this week. Just so much going on. I'm sure I won't be on tomorrow either, getting last minute things done before I leave Monday morning. I'll be home the evening of the 19th. Have a great week!

Mima
10-11-2009, 08:40 AM
tammy-have a marvelous time.
Went to Brad;s reunion and it was great-weird not knowing anyone there but we sat at a table with retired teachers.
It came to my mind that they are going to do a skin graft on my face. Didn't ask enough questions when Doc called so I won't know anything til Tues.
Too funny-Suzanne and Jim are going to be Mary and Joseph in the Christmas pageant at their church.
Yum-yum Joanne and you too Anne-Happy Thanksgiving,
Kate-the skin docs can see everything. It's good to be checked.
Bye for now-Mima

Joanne D
10-13-2009, 07:03 PM
hello Everybody.. Where is everybody???I hope you are having a GOOD WEEK.. Joanne

MemeToo
10-13-2009, 09:22 PM
I am here ... not doing much. Rain, rain and more rain. Sure has been a wet fall so far. I'm swelled up like a big 'ole toad. Feel like I'm walking around on 2 broken feet and ankles and as for the knees & all the rest, we won't even go there.

Have the kids this week, taking it day about. (Ross & Jenna) One stays with me and one goes to work with mom. (she works at their church). Ross and I watched TV all day today. Couch is as far as I could get. Life ... ain't easy some days. :p

Mima
10-14-2009, 06:59 AM
Yuk-Meme!
Surgery yesterday went well-lots of small needles to freeze it-I shook while they did that. And again today to either put in the stitches or do more. No fooling around with a melanoma.
We are supposed to get flu shots today but Brad is coughing-am I next. Get the zinc.
Lost 1 lb at WW. One more week. I hope I am motivated to continue-so much easier to exercise in FL.
Hi to all. Mima

Joanne D
10-14-2009, 10:40 AM
No life is not easy... I am always looking for a bright side but it is still dim..
We are waiting for some of that rain. maybe we can get out of the 90's by the weekend..
Got to bathe Christie today. I try to do that at least twice a month..Always something that needs done here.
Glad the surgery went well. I hate needles too. I have to be stuck about every week to have coumadin checked.. No fun. I have small veins and that makes for at least two sticks some times.
Gained a pound this week. I'm trying.. Just not goung the way I want to.
Joanne

Happy Canuk
10-14-2009, 11:38 AM
http://photos.imageevent.com/happycanuk/getwellfeelbetter/Horse.gif

Mima - glad that it is almost over. Hope they get everything. No messing around with that stuff. Congrats on the loss.

Meme - I am in the same boat as you. Get out of bed, and my feet feel like I am walking on glass. Every muscles hurts from my head to my toes (including my toe!) Hope you feel better. You have rain, we have SNOW!! Don't know why it is coming so early, but it is here.

Joanne - Life is short, be happy! Hope you get some rain. I could send you some SNOW if you like. I don't want it.

Mima
10-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Joanne-ask them to use a smaller needle-one for kids. I get tested lots and that's what she does.
Almost 30 small shots yesterday-I counted. My face has a pressure bandage from under my chin to my eyes-that comes off this pm and then a smaller one. i have to do this 2x a day for 12 days. I am getting the stitches out on the 26th and then hopefully bye-bye. But they got it all!!!
It might be rain mixed with snow here.
Brad's cough is better-I got the flu shot but he didn't. He can go into the office anytime.
Bye for now-Mima

Joanne D
10-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Mima- Some use the small needle after they find out the big one doesn't work ,some that know me go right fot the small needle and sometimes still have to stick me a couple times..
Hello everybody.. Where is Kate?
Joanne

Kate53
10-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Good morning everyone. Sounds like lots has been going on here! Mima, glad to hear they got it all. Sorry you have to go through all the bandaging and such but I am sure it will be worth it to have minimal scaring??
Like Anne and Meme, the aches and pains have been awful lately. Not sure what is causing this but I have been feeling terrible....even my hands hurt this week. My new physical therapy starts the 20th with the weights and such. I am so sore right now, I don't even want to think about it.
Mima, are these regular flu shots or for the H1N1 flu? It seems to be everywhere here in my area. I don't even want to go to the store or out in public right now....the kids in school have all been sick and we anticipate it spreading quickly in our county. We haven't had the H1N1 vaccine offered here yet and I am not sure whether we should get it because they are saying there is so much other undesirable stuff mixed in with it. Crazy, huh? Darned if you do, darned if you don't kind of thing.
Yes Joanne, Mima is right about a smaller needle. Ask them to use a 22 gauge needle or even a butterfly 22-23 gauge system. Of course, it's usually the phlebotomist doing the draw that makes the difference, not the needle ;)
Snow!! Good Lord, Anne...that is early! We are due for cooler weather this weekend....(68-70 lows and 80 highs)...and I can't wait to get this darn house opened up! Hopefully these record high temps will be over now and we can get into some nice cool (but not snow!) weather for a change!
I hope Tammy is enjoying her time at Disney! Things have been quiet here for the past week or so. I'm still trying to get back on Phase 1 of S.B. diet but for some reason, eggs for breakfast just isn't happening for me now. I just can't get past this aversion to eating eggs.....so I have been trying to make a bit extra at dinner to have as breakfast the next morning. I'll just have to get my motivation going again and boot myself in the butt!
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day. Need to find some new ideas for dinner....sick of the same old. Bye for now.

MemeToo
10-15-2009, 11:24 PM
It'll take more than a boot in the butt to get me going. I'd never feel it, anyway. My butt is numb from sitting on the couch, I'm just hurting too bad to get motivated to do anything. About the only thing I did all day is go to church and practice with the praise team for Sun morning. I wasn't supposed to have to do that. The youth band was supposed to do Sun service but some of them are going out of town. I made it easy on myself this week and did easier hymns that we already know so we didn't have to practice so long on newer contemporary stuff. The older folks will be pleased. ;) They don't much like the new music.

I went back to bed this morning after Ross got here and slept until nearly one this afternoon. I have been so tired and I hurt so bad when I got up. I took a pain pill and I guess it just knocked me out. I was surprised he let me sleep.

I think we're going to get a break in the weather after tomorrow. Rained all day today and is supposed to tonight and maybe in the morning then clearing and cooler. Only 49 tomorrow and then in the 50s the next few days but at least they're saying we'll have some sun. YEA!

Joanne D
10-16-2009, 10:15 AM
We got a few spurts of rain this morning. Need a lot more. It usually comes in off the gulf and just goes inland or to the east coast. I live a mile from the gulf.We may get a couple days in the 70's..
I know about the small needles . I was a nurse for 30+ years and then retired. That is not to say I am not a hard stick. It took 2 yesterday with the butterfly..
I for one like eggs but am restricted to 1-2 a week. i seldom eat that many. I eat eggo which is really just colored egg whites.
Happy - Send the snow. I have only seen it twice in my life and that was just a little bit.
Have a good weekend everybody.
Joanne

Mima
10-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Well-it's snowing here but already melting!!! I have to take extra Cephalexen and I think it makes me tired. Take 2 naps. I can't do much-nothing strenuos-no bending-only a light walk but it;s too cold out. I will go to Walmart later and walk inside.
I got the reg flu shot-sign in doc's office says they don't know anything about it. I am concerned for Suzanne as pregnant women's lungs are compromised.
I can't wait to be in FL=I packed my shoes sitting on the floor. Mima

Kate53
10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Good evening everyone. It's pretty darn nippy here tonight !! The temp was 50 this morning and never got above 70 all day. Tonight is another chilly one but we should get a bit higher temps tomorrow! Brrrrr!! Hurry and get down here Mima!!
I haven't heard anything about the new H1N1 flu shot here either....not sure when it will be available and they are giving what they have to children and "compromised" patients....I certainly hope your Suzanne can get hers!
My FM has been the worst ever these past few days. I swear it is the change of the seasons that brought it on but who really knows? I just know I am having a terrible time doing everything...including sleeping! I am on my way to bed now hoping to be able to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. Hope eveyone is feeling okay and doing well. I'll check back tomorrow.

MemeToo
10-19-2009, 01:46 AM
Yesterday went to a Memorial service for a friend at noon with a meal afterward that I had to help cook for and then on to a wedding at 4 after that. Another busy Sunday today on little sleep. Sunday School, lead Worship Service and then helped with children's church during preaching. Out for Mexican with friends, home for a couple of hours, then lead choir practice and evening services and O'Charlies. Didn't get back home until 10. I'm ready to hibernate 'till about noon tomorrow. I need a vacation.

I also need to lose about 6-8 pounds. Speaking of eggs, I bought 2 dozen and I'm going back on the egg diet tomorrow. I put 6 egg whites in the blender and then spray pam in a pan and 'scramble' them - have them with a pack of oatmeal and hot green tea. For lunch it's tuna or other white fish or chicken and a salad + tea or coffee. For dinner it's white chicken or fish, salad and rice with green beans if I want and tea or coffee (or water). Add - 8 glasses water and 2 snacks under 100 calories like the little snack packs or suger/fat free jello/pudding, etc. It's enough and a plan that I lose wt. really fast & easy on.

I'm going to bed ... took a PM and I'm sleepy now so if I'm not back for a couple of days - I'll be sleeping! :bat:

Mima
10-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Good morning-I did come down with brad's cold but it's in my sinuses and I am wheezing. I listened to church at McGregor on the net, Miss that place. It snowed all day yesterday but it's going to warm up this week. I heard it was cool in FL. My grandaughter called me-her son is going to be 2. His party is a week after we go but I can send him something. He is so cute,
I am trying to pack and you can't walk around here with the stuff.
Still doing WW without walking. But this will be my last week.
That sounds like a good diet, Meme,
It's unbelievable how good my stomach is eating an apple a day-I peel the skin off. Joanne, try it. I stopped it last year when we were in Fl but I am not doing that again. BJ's has good apples.
Bye for now-Mima

Joanne D
10-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Hello Everybody.. Yes ,It is sweater weather for me.. It will warm up by tomorrow.. This has not been the best weekend for me. My coumadin level was off so the Dr. wants me in his office today. On top of that I had a tooth in the front of my mouth break off . I will see the dentist also today.. That tooth had been discolored. I don't know why they didn't check it the last time I was there. So my week has not started out so good I have apples and a lot of other fruit in fridg.I need to eat more of them. I try to watch my sugar and it is still too high at times.. Sometimes things just fall on me in lumps.
My daughter has a cold. I hope she gets rid of it soon. We are going up to her place in North Florida on the 29th for a weekend. I will get to see the new G/Grandbaby then. If they are sick I won't get to go as I can't take the chance of catching a cold. A cold always goes to my lungs and I don't want to go through what I did back in February.
I hope you all have a good week ..Joanne

Kate53
10-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Good morning all. I e-mailed one of the administrators a few days ago asking if there was a new moderator or who could sticky note a new thread....haven't heard back yet so not sure if we should just go ahead and start one?? I'm having a terrible FM day....everything hurts....and I mean EVERYTHING! I'm going to have to take a pain pill in a bit and try to stretch it out. Just made a turkey pot pie with the leftover turkey breast I had cooked a few days ago. Tried making a whole wheat pastry crust but it was so delicate, I couldn't work with it so I ended up using a regular white flour one. Not as healthy but that's how it turned out....I'll eat it anyway! Hubby will be happy as he's not fond of all my "nuts & berries" carbohydrates!I definitely have to be careful with eating any refined stuff....makes my body crave more.
Very breezy here to day and still very cool but I do have most of the house opened up. Feels great getting all this fresh air in here. I still have to vacuum and iron my duvet covers before the day is through. Tomorrow is my appointment with the orthopedic and I get to move on with my physical therapy. Hopefully I will be good as new by T-Giving!
Joanne, sounds like you are having a tough week so far so I am going to stop my complaining, okay? You go ahead and take over that area for now...you could use it! :hug:
Hope everyone enjoys the day....

Happy Canuk
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Good morning.

Kate - I am also having a FM flare and not to happy about that. Every muscle hurts, but it is better than it was a few days ago. Need to get to the chiro today, as my lower back and upper back both need HELP. Have had a headache since Thursday, but he isn't open on Friday, so today is the earliest I can get there.
Hope you feel better as the day goes on. I LOVE fresh air and have my windows open every day, even when it's 30 below (just for a few minutes when that cold, but it certainly freshens up the place).

Sounds like out hubby's are about the same when it comes to eating anything other than meat and potatoes :lol: Can't interest the man in veggies at all!

Meme - busy as usual. You diet sounds like what I had for breakfast. I decided to beat the eggwhites stiff, and then added them to the oatmeal, along with some Flax seed and Wheat Germ, and a tablespoon of sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I am STUFFED and it was good!

Mima - hope you feel better soon. Hate when things strike the old sinuses. Soon you will be on your way to Florida.

Joanne - well you are really having a MONDAY! Hope they can get the tooth looked after. Will you need a cap? Also, hope they can get the Coumadin to get back to normal. Good thing they have INR's so they can keep track of it all.

It is a fairly reasonable day here today (around 50F), I guess. Can't complain about that as last week, it was below 30F. Getting warmer as the week goes on, and we are back to normal Fall temps.

Have a good day.

Joanne D
10-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Kate .Happy.I am not just going to complain I am going to B---h... Tomorrow I get a root cannal and wednesday a 2-3 hour proceedure to put in a post and temp. cap. Nov. 4 a permant cap. The whole thing almost 2000 dollars!!!!
I don't think I am even going to try to sleep tonight. Sleeping has been hard enought as it is since I was in the hospital in Feb. Nightmares. I took myself off of the ativan they had me on. I told the Dr. and he said that stuff would give me crazy dreams. I'll be glad when it is all out of my system. I was only willing to take it for sleep. Well it didn't help so why take it..
Stll cool here.. Joanne

Mima
10-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Oh..... Joanne-that's yukky. Hope it works out well. There's always a part of our body that needs fixing!
I feel better-used the Netti Pot 3 times yesterday and my sinuses are drying. The heat is so dry in here and I got rid of my vapor

Mima
10-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Now where did my post go!Poor you Joanne-It seems we are always dealing with one part of our bodies. I ma getting my shot today-feel much better-used the Netti Pot 3 times yesterday. Not going to lunch because I don't want to give germs to Auntie but will go Thurs. Kate-you make the best food. Brad loves vegetables-he grew up on lots of them and I seem to be able to eat more of them. As long as they are cooked soft which you don't get in restaurants.
Hope your head feels better, Anne.
Going to close before I lose my post. Mima

Happy Canuk
10-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Please don't post here. STarted a new thread Fibro #189. Thanks.