View Poll Results: How do you feel about your job?
I love it 2 20.00%
Most days are good, but some are bad 5 50.00%
Most days are bad, some are good 1 10.00%
I hate it 1 10.00%
I'd rather not say 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 08:46 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday's Thread

For Tuesday's thread, I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone does for a living and how they like it...
Old 07-16-2002, 09:00 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Hello, again. I'm feeling kind of confused this morning--it's still pretty early and things aren't making sense like they should.

I posted a poll. Like I said in my initial post, I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone does for a living and how they like it. I am a word processor in the training center of a nuclear plant. I update the lesson plan material that instructors and students use. The work itself is easy and I love it, but sometimes working in such close proximity with other people gets really annoying, but I work with a great bunch of people.

I made a pizza yesterday. It was wonderful, I was very proud of my work. I was in a great big hurry and was starving, so I sat down and devoured two pieces, which put me 2 points over my daily range. Not sure what's been going on lately, but I'm hungrier than usual. I also need to get my butt in gear and get back OP like I was for those 3 weeks. I'm starting to get frustrated because the weight isn't coming off as easily as it used to, and I know if I continue to out, I'm going to end up fed up with WW and go off. So, I better get my behind back on the wagon.

Well, I have some work to do. I thought it would be a quiet day because two cube neighbors are gone, but now that I've thought about it, I'm probably going to have people pestering me all day looking for my neighbors. That's how it goes around here...
Old 07-16-2002, 09:02 AM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Morning Jess!

I'm a mechanical engineer for EMC corporation. I design the hardware for our storage systems... it doesn't sound too fun but I like it. I work mainly with CAD and it's actually kind of fun (or maybe I'm just a geek). And as some of you know I also do Creative Memories on the side. I LOVE Creative Memories and wish i had more time for it.

So - WI is today...in 2 hours actually. AGH! The gym Sunday said I was up 3!!!!! Doesn't really make sense, but then again - I did have a few high-point days with cake, buffalo chicken and scorpion bowls in my past. I'm hoping when I weighed in at the gym I was just way bloated or something. We'll see!

Kim - Good luck with all the wedding stuff. I was helping this girl with her Wedding album last night and the pictures were amazing. I wanted to take some of her pictures so one day if that day ever comes I can make my photographer do a lot of the same poses.

Lucy - darn girl - you've got tons going on. Good luck with WI. Good luck with the job interview and congratulations on the lease!!

Ali - you know what I don't understand.... why boys even ask for our number if they're not going to use it. Doesn't make sense. Just don't ask for my number. So hopefully he got your number because he plans on calling... keep us posted.

Alrighty..... wish me luck and that I'm not really up 3 pounds!

Lisa
Old 07-16-2002, 09:47 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning - Hope you're all having a good day. I had an excellent ST session this AM which was great but I forgot my lunch (also breakfast) bag at home and am pouting because it is so much harder to make good choices when I go down to the cafe.

Kier - do tell what happened with NF - inquiring minds want to know!

Jen - I think Jess is on to something as to why TB is referring to you as his girlfriend. I wouldn't freak too much.

Jayne - Did Furby survive?

Kim - How was yoga last night? I went to my first class in a month (my instructor just had to take a break to get married and have a honeymoon ) yesterday at lunch. I'm going again tonight.

Lucy - Congrats on the new apartment and the job interview. Let us know how it goes.

Hi Ali - glad you had fun at the club. And I agree - dating is frustrating - if I didn't like men so much I'd just swear it off!

Lisa - I laughed so hard at your "stamp" story that the guy in the cube next to me asked what was so funny. Good luck with WI today. Let us know how you did.

Jess - Are you possibly hungrier than normal because you're into an exercise routine again? Can you ward some of that off by increasing the veggies you eat?

I love the poll for today - it will be so exciting to hear about everyone's work. I'm an Executive Assistant. Until last December I really loved my job - I was one of those people who couldn't wait to get out of bed in the morning and go to work. But the CEO of our company decided that he wanted the Sr. VP that I worked for to have an assistant outside his office (he's in Jersey, I'm in Indy) and the company wasn't interested in relocating me. I'm lucky because they let me keep my title and my paycheck but I really dislike my job now. I'm acting as an administrative assistant to a management team of 20 and staff of 60 but managing calendars and arranging travel is not nearly the fun of managing budgets and arranging global conferences.

Speaking of jobs - had a 2nd interview yesterday for an Event Coordinator position - unfortunately, I couldn't get a read from the interviewer as to what she thought of me and my skills. I sent a follow-up letter so I guess there is nothing more to do but wait until Friday when they make a decision.

Winter
Old 07-16-2002, 09:52 AM   #5  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking Hello girls!

Jess - Good job on making the pizza! I think it is natural for your body to go thru spurts where you are hungrier than usual. 2 pts over isn't a big deal, and it seems like you dealt with it well instead of just pigging out!

Lisa - You're probably not really up 3 pounds. I'm sure it will be ok. Let us know how it goes!

As for me, I am a corporate paralegal for a private company. I spent 3 years working at a huge lawfirm before I came here. My degree is in Biology, so don't ask how I got in this field! I really like my job, but ask me again in 4 weeks after I have started law school at night and have no free time at all!

Not much else to say right now....
Old 07-16-2002, 10:10 AM   #6  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Back in the days when I had a career...

This poll is a good idea...gives you insight into other people. Back before Aaron, I taught fourth and second grades, then I was a preschool director. Now I'm a stay-at-home mom, not really quite sure what to do with myself, yet so busy my head spins. Go figure that one out!

Lisa, I am so glad you are wise to those booty calls. I have never heard of a lasting and meaningful relationship happening between two people when there was a booty call involved. I'm thinking...my brother-in-law starts at Northeastern this fall, and while he's a little too young for you (and completely obnoxious!!!), he might be able to be a "mole" for us, like if/when a good bar crawl is going on, or something like that. May be worth a try... I bet Boston College football games are crawling with boys. We're going to one in October when we visit the BIL, so I'll scope it out and let you know if hotties hang out there.

Ali, boys are just nuts. They like to play mindgames with women. I have heard great things about Montreal, and want to visit it (in the summer, though...Minnesota winters are even too dang cold for me!). If he doesn't call you, then he's not worth your time. (so easy to say, so hard to believe).

Kim, I had a lot of trouble keeping up with my schoolwork when I was getting married. The best thing I ever did was hire a wedding coordinator. I paid her nothing...she worked on commission for the caterer, florist, etc. I went to her office, sat down, picked out flower and color combos that I liked, chose a ballroom, caterer, and a DJ (all at her office, an appointments that she set up in a row to be convenient to me). The day of the wedding, she went and did all the decorating at the church and hall. She came and ordered the ushers on the seating of people, hid me until I came down the aisle, and the best part was that when it was all over, she packed up the gifts, delivered them to my parent's house the next morning, and cleaned everything up and also brought back their deposits to them. Look into it!

Jess, I am proud of you for making such dee-lish pizza that you couldn't refuse it! Two points isn't so bad to go over... and it sounds like it was very worth it.

Have a great day, y'all!
Old 07-16-2002, 10:19 AM   #7  
Duchess Tiger Lily

I was posting at the same time as Winter and Jen, so I have to make an addendum here. Winter, Furby is still alive but his life is in imminant danger. He will be lucky to make it much past noon unless I hide him at the bottom of a drawer where I can't hear his little voice.

Jen, you're doing law school? I've looked into that and will probably start when Aaron's a little older. Will you specialize in corporate law, since that's what you're doing now, or will it be something else? I will be specializing in children's advocacy. I saw so many things in my former jobs that made me realize how important those CA Attorneys really are!
Old 07-16-2002, 10:45 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls i put mostly good some bad
My Job(s) include being a student at Rutgers U in journalism and working in tech services for the library putting books into the system my boss is great in fact she just caught me here :EEK: finish posting in a bit!
Old 07-16-2002, 11:33 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

the Love life or Oh god all men should be shot on sight NF is my whatever hes not a boyfriend and he's not a friend and I dont know how much longer I want him stickign around 3 weeks ago I told him i was falling in love with him (i must have been nuts) he said he couldnt say the same and we had big emotional discussion bbiab when i can take a break again ARG!
2 weeks ago he told me he was falling in love with me and I said nothing followed by him weeping and big emotional discussion Mind you he also 3 weeks ago hid me from a friend of his that had come over grrrrrrr so he paid attention to me for about a week and I told him my feelings were getting stronger and this past weekend we were out and he paid no attention to me what so ever i would talk he would watch the tv that was behind me (we were at fridays) but when he would talk i was supposed to give him my rapt attention (sorry about the ***** fest!) other things kinda went on too yesterday i talked to him and i asked if i should start looking for a dress for his younger bro's wedding he was silent for a minute and said I dont know hmmm considering I know his whole family this is not a good sign
they weren't happy about us seeing eachother and i'm too damn fabu to be a hidden girlfriend soooo I'm going to wait till he comes back and says something
if he doesnt say anything (which is what i expect actually) I'm dumping his arse (nicely)
Old 07-16-2002, 11:56 AM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kier - glad to see you know your own worth!
Old 07-16-2002, 12:34 PM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Default My job is OK

I do like my new job - but its only 2.5 months into it and I don't know how good I am at it all the time. My boss is VERY hard to read.

I am a professional business communicator. I have worked mostly in the oil and gas sector, but also in non-profit for a women's shelter. That was more rewarding, but emotionally very tough. My current job focuses on community relations, so its very high energy - open houses, contentious areas, some happy some irate landowners, etc.

Jess - Mmmmm....pizza.....I have had huge cravings (when I am in ac, in the heat, no appetite). Wanna make me some?

Lisa - good luck at WI - my b/f is a civil engineer, he designs power lines.

Winter - event coordination can be fun, I have done some of that on a larger scale. Let us know how it goes!!

Jen - from Bio to Law?? How'd that happen....

Jayne - my sister teaches Gr. 6 and Loves it. I like the little ones. that would be my next career move if I leave coms. do ya miss it?

Kier - you go girl. this guys is confused.....

Gotta run...Belle
Old 07-16-2002, 01:36 PM   #12  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

OKAY - the results are in. I was up 1 pound... better than I expected. I changed my sig and added the pound back. It hurt, but it had to be done. Still bites and I'm disappointed in myself... but I've been much better the last few days. No cake this week. I do have a cookout at a coworkers house... but I'm bringing chicken for the grill and a bean salad... so hopefully it won't be so bad. Only bad thing is that there's no WI next week because my leaders out of town. I hope I don't let myself use that as an excuse for a week off... i want to be down at least 3 pounds over the next 2 WI's so I still have to be OP!!!! Oh, sometimes it's just so frustrating!

Kier - this guys sounds like a nut case... why doesn't his family want you guys together? Weird, weird situation sounds to me.

Winter - I'm the same way when I forget my lunch... the cafeteria is just too tempting.

Belle - sounds like a fun job... I have a hard-to-read boss too. I feel like he tries to throw me off sometimes... but it makes things kind of interesting.

Jayne - yeah... not a booty call girl. If you like me, then you will call me at a decent hour. I won't hold the call against him if he redeems himself with a prime time phone call.. but I don't answer to booty calls.

Alright... back to work!

Lisa
Old 07-16-2002, 01:37 PM   #13  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jen - didn't mean to miss you babe. Yeah, wasn't 3 pounds... so I was happy. One of my friends is taking a course to be a paralegal... she's pretty excited.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:09 PM   #14  
Proud Canadian

OK - again quickly because the dumb co-worker is still off and I have way too much to do. Today - I hate my job. Just when I almost get something started, someone interrupts me, then at the end of the day, they wonder why I haven't got anything done. I'm going insane. I didn't WI on Saturday, BF and I took a sudden vacation and let me tell you, it was worth every second. I missed my sister's we're not married yet party but I felt so good and relaxed and sis doesn't mind cause she knows how hard I have to work on these weddings. OK - back to ****. I miss youall

KT
Old 07-16-2002, 02:34 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

the reason they dont want us together is because we had a bad breakup a long time ago its a long story i'd rather not have on the web can you do a multiple pm and some night i'll relay the whole sorted thang but needless to say I dont want us together unless he has the testicular fortitude to stand up for me which i dont think he does
Oh i weighed in yesterday and stayed the same so i have to work out more!! gRR ARG
Closed Thread