100 lb. Club - Day 4 and I don't want to speak too soon.....

Rosinante
09-10-2009, 09:03 AM
..... but things are going better.

Walked into town, an hour round trip + shopping.

Bought a pull-behind shopping trolley. Hey, I don't look old lady yet but if I want to haul fresh stuff home from the market, it's the only way: no bus goes remotely near my house and the nearest car park to the market is my front drive. Odd result of living closer than ever to the biggest ever city I've lived near.

Bought a stack of fresh veggies and a free-range chicken in the market.

Hauled it home.

Paused at a cafe but decided I didn't need an 8 sandwich.

Paused at a cafe stall in a shopping centre for their cheap but quite tasty and small cappuccino. Left the giant baguettes, muffins and cookies but took a 1 sandwich. I so apologize to any tourists to England who eat our cheap stuff. 2 thin slices of white bread, no butter, 3 wafer thin slices of tomato, 1 very small slice of processed cheese. Victory - I left the dry bits of bread on the plate.

Passed the candy machine, where last week I paused and felt really happy because I could fit in a handful of chocolate beans without gaining weight. (Like that was the truth). Today I felt really happy because I could choose not to eat any. So the victory was not just not eating the candy but feeling happy that I chose not to.

A bit of housework now. Maybe a walk to the park. Then a healthy dinner tonight. Day 4 is looking good.

findingfawn
09-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Totally wonderful!!! You ARE doing it!!! Welcome back on the wagon girlfriend!!!

Onederchic
09-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Great Rosinante!! :hug::hug:

kittycat40
09-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I will follow in your footsteps :) Congrats!
Sounding very good.

Ryanne
09-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Walked into town, an hour round trip + shopping.

Bought a pull-behind shopping trolley. Hey, I don't look old lady yet but if I want to haul fresh stuff home from the market, it's the only way:

I actually WANT one of these. I walk to do my laundry, too...and would love to walk to the grocery. I just don't have the money for one, yet. I thought about a bike with the basket things on the back, but don't feel they would hold what I need it to. Here, I think walking is safer than bicycles anyway, people drive crazy in my city.
I wouldn't mind having a bicycle to just ride for fun on one of the many bike trails we have in the area though.
Walking is fun. (IF it is not too hot, humid or raining). We had two cars, and with the economy, well, we decided that with tags, upkeep and insurance premiums, gas...etc... it would be better to give one up.