100 lb. Club - Can you actually picture yourself at your goal weight?

Jen
09-09-2009, 10:33 PM
It wasn't until recently that I felt that I could actually picture myself after losing a significant amount of weight. Prior to that I wished and dreamed that I would be thin but I couldn't actually see myself that way. Anyone else have this problem?

CHUNKEY_MUNKEY
09-09-2009, 10:36 PM
i cant see myself there =( 44 pounds later and im still the heaviest girl i see .... some people confirm that and tell me that im right about being the biggest girl i see and some people assure me that im by far not the biggest girl to be seen ... idk if ill ever be able to myself thinner ....

DCHound
09-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Yes, absolutely. I think that's one of the keys to success.

cfmama
09-09-2009, 10:41 PM
I totally can. I'll look much like myself... but even smaller!

CountingDown
09-09-2009, 10:49 PM
You can always use the online website technology (http://www.mvm.com for example) to help with seeing yourself in a different light :)

hpnodat
09-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Yes, for the first time I actually can. I think its because I have a goal this time. I never really had goals before when trying to lose weight. In the past my goal has just been to lose XX amount of weight. But this time I'm working for something that's really important to me. I think its making all the difference in the world.
The funny thing is, I've never been thin, small or skinny so I'm having fun trying to figure out what I might look like. :)

HotWings
09-09-2009, 10:58 PM
I have a picture in my mind of me as a toned, hot mama. That's my goal. Trouble is, I have no idea if it is accurate. I have never been a thin adult. Last time I would consider myself as thin was in junior high school - 30 years ago. o.O

Bunnababy
09-09-2009, 11:52 PM
I just checked out virtual model and what a difference from now to my goal weight. :^:

Elladorine
09-09-2009, 11:59 PM
I can and I can't, lol. I'm an artist and know the basics of photoshop, so I've warped photos on a whim to get an idea of what I may look like (and also did it at the suggestion of a book that explained the importance of creating visual goals to work toward).

I still have a hard time visualizing myself as a thin person regardless; I haven't been thin since I was in grade school.

Nikki6kidsmom
09-10-2009, 12:26 AM
I don't know that I can see myself yet. I am still amazed when I get on the scale and it says a number starting with a 1! But I will get there slowly one pound at a time. I still feel surprised when I see myself in current pictures. Not sure if that is good or bad.

TraceyElaine
09-10-2009, 07:02 AM
I used to be at my goal weight...less actualy. And I have a hard time picturing it. I try realy hard tho. I can picture what i used to look like but I know it wont be the same. Not after 4 ids lol.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Yeah. I dream of that day all of the time.

kasmin
09-10-2009, 07:43 AM
totally not. It'll be like meeting a me from another dimension;)

Beverlyjoy
09-10-2009, 07:46 AM
I try to do visualizations of me at lower weights everyday. At first it felt kinda silly. But, for me, it can be almost powerful and helpful.

AmberShimmer
09-10-2009, 09:04 AM
The last time that I was at a weight that I was content with was when I was 16. Almost 10 years ago. It's hard to imagine what I would look like at goal weight because so much changes in 10 years especially when you;ve changed from a teenager to an adult. I do know it's gotta be better than it is now.

findingfawn
09-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Some days yes, some days no.

My senior pictures were taken 16 years ago at my goal weight, so I look at them and think I will be there again.... but it's hard to see myself now that thin if that makes sense. I had light blonde hair back then.. it's now dark blonde (how the heck did THAT happen?) and well my face doesnt' look 17 anymore... but I still can dream right?

whoIwannabe
09-10-2009, 10:17 AM
I can see myself at my goal weight. I already have all the clothes I want to wear....They are just waiting for me to get into them. Now everything feels tight...I just have to picture myself with those clothes on....with just more room in them. Can't wait!

Trazey34
09-10-2009, 10:21 AM
I have pictures of myself at around 20 ish, and i'm about 180 and at that time I thought I was HUGE wow, what I wouldn't give!!! So I can picture that, but going down to 150 or something, I can't even fathom that for some reason??? Biggest Loser starts again soon, that's always motivational -- and fun to see the transformations - weirdly, that helps!

ubergirl
09-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah... sigh... I can picture myself thirty pounds lighter than my current goal weight... because I can look at pictures of myself in my mid-twenties.... when I weighed between 145 and 150 lbs.

time2lose
09-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I really can't picture myself at goal weight. I really don't even have a finishing goal weight yet. It has been 30 years since I was at a healthy weight and I know that I will look very different. I am beginning to picture what I will look like after losing another 20 pounds. Baby steps!

Mikayla
09-10-2009, 10:43 AM
I can't really picture myself at my goal weight yet. I have not been 135lbs since the 7th grade. I am starting to notice that I'm not always the biggest girl in the room and that is aiding me in picturing myself as a smaller person.

Pita09
09-10-2009, 10:50 AM
I do try to visualize what I will look like and what kind of clothes that I will wear. It's hard, but I understand the importance of keeping my focus on the fit me and not the obese me.

WhitePicketFences
09-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Oh, I have many photographs of myself at my goal weight. One in particular that I have pulled out a lot is me in college, around 140 pounds and looking very thin/fit/tan in a bikini on the beach.

The thing is, I am only 10 lbs more than that now -- but I see that I am more than 10 lbs "fatter" than I was then, which frustrates me. I've only just realized I won't look like that at goal. I know it's from being obese for years and now having some skin issues.

But, well ... I'm still just glad to be down and getting lower. Still incredibly better than not losing, as people here have said. Focus on the positive. I am getting my life back -- that picture was nearly 9 years ago and it's just going to have to be okay that I won't look like something out of a magazine from all angles.

ubergirl
09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Oh, I have many photographs of myself at my goal weight. One in particular that I have pulled out a lot is me in college, around 140 pounds and looking very thin/fit/tan in a bikini on the beach.

The thing is, I am only 10 lbs more than that now -- but I see that I am more than 10 lbs "fatter" than I was then, which frustrates me. I've only just realized I won't look like that at goal. I know it's from being obese for years and now having some skin issues.

But, well ... I'm still just glad to be down and getting lower. Still incredibly better than not losing, as people here have said. Focus on the positive. I am getting my life back -- that picture was nearly 9 years ago and it's just going to have to be okay that I won't look like something out of a magazine from all angles.

You're amazing to have gotten to within 10 pounds of your goal weight.

I'm in my late forties and I can assure you that even people who don't gain weight don't normally look the same ten years later!

You're a champ.

Onederchic
09-10-2009, 11:15 AM
I can't really envision myself at 140 but I do believe for me it is attainable. I also am quite sure that I will change my goal once more before I am officially done.

WhitePicketFences
09-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks, ubergirl; I appreciate that.

Matilda08
09-10-2009, 11:28 AM
I can picture myself at goal weight but I often wonder how my body would look. The last time I weighed One something I had no children and you know how the body changes after children so what kind of keeps me going is the challenge of trying to get a toned body lol

Alana in Canada
09-10-2009, 01:32 PM
I was healthy and lean in my late 20's. I think I have exactly two pictures from that time period: both blurry!

I spent my 30's lean--but strung out --I ran on coffee and cigarettes.

I'm now in my mid-forties. I have absolutely no idea what I will look like when I am at or around goal weight. At this point in my life, I just really want to be pain free!

IHeartMe
09-10-2009, 03:40 PM
I CAN"T picture myself at goal. Im not sure why, but I can't even tell a difference in myself, except for all my clothes being way too big. I think because I have been overweight all of my adult life, it's going to take me reaching goal to realize it can happen. I know that I am happy with losing 32 lbs, even if I cant see it. My thin self is like a present to myself at the end of this journey, it's just gonna be a huge surprise what she looks like!

justmary
09-10-2009, 06:06 PM
I can't see myself as a healthy, slim adult. I'm almost 52 and ever since I was a teenager I have weighed over 200 pounds. I'm now over 300. I hope to, at least once before I die, see myself at goal. I'm sure it will freak me out. I just can not picture it.:goodvibes

Aclai4067
09-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I can picture my body by looking at other women of similar height/bone structure. But I have no idea what my face will look like. I went from baby fat to fat fat, I don't really know what shape my face will take on.

Jen
09-10-2009, 07:26 PM
I can identify with a lot of what people have said especially having been overweight since childhood and not ever really being at a normal weight. When I was a teen I was only about 30 lbs overweight at the end of high school but it really felt like 100 lbs to me and I thought then that going over 200 would just be the end of the world. Oh if I only knew then what I know now!

luvja
09-10-2009, 07:31 PM
I can't. I've never been small. I think that's part of the fun :)

Onederchic
09-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Well, I went ahead and changed my goal just now from 140 to 125. I may not can see it yet but I believe I can get there.

TheWalrus
09-10-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm going to look like a supermodel! :lol:

ChrissyBean
09-11-2009, 11:25 AM
No, but I have very little imagination. ;) Whatever I look like, though, it'll be better than where I was, right?

bcort
09-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm going to look like a supermodel! :lol:

There's the attitude we want! :-)

I can hardly imagine myself losing 20 lbs, let alone getting back down to goal weight. My goal weight, by the way, would have horrified me before I had kids. I was never slim, but absolutely not fat, even though I always thought I was....

dcapulet
09-11-2009, 04:20 PM
What a great question. I never could imagine myself at goal, probably because I haven't been at my goal weight (145-150) for about 15 years. I can see myself at my prepregnancy weight (180) but nothing below that. I can't wait to have the pictures to REALLY see it.

Arctic Mama
09-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I can sort of see it - it would be how I looked as a freshman in highschool... I was gorgeous and fit, and I cannot believe I thought I was fat and then wondered why all these older guys kept hitting on me :lol:

I'll have loose skin and a belly from having children, sure, but just picturing myself looking shapely again, healthy, and my FACE being so much thinner, the whole thing is so close I can taste it. Even though some days I swear I see no change in my face and body, having lost almost 40 pounds, I know that other times the difference is HUGE. It will be even better 100 pounds or more down.

It's not like I am changing the person I am, just releasing the woman I know is inside all the blubber. YAY!

Creeech
09-11-2009, 08:52 PM
I can't really picture myself at my goal weight, I used http://www.mvm.com and I was shocked to see what my body would look like!

Babette
09-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I've never been at a "normal" weight, so it's hard to imagine. However, I take after my grandmother in body shape --- so I'm guessing I'll look somewhat like her! I can't wait to find out!

Hugs,
Babette

dragonwoman64
09-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I can't really picture myself at my goal weight. (I have a pic of me at around 200)

my brain goes all over the place, sometimes I see myself as thinner than I am (then I see a picture or myself in a mirror at the gym, and I'm a little shocked). Sometimes I imagine myself as heavier. I feel like I don't always have a real sense of my size.

I've been playing around with my virtual model, put my face on it and everything. Tried some clothes on. It does make my body look more flattering than it is in real life, since my thighs are bigger and so are my upper arms. It streamlines, ha.

It's definitely worth it to keep lots of pics, which I have from my heaviest to now.

diabetic z
09-12-2009, 08:43 PM
I was born a BIG boy (10+ lbs) and have always been overweight. There wasn't a time that I was the correct/normal weight for my height. It'll be weird to see what I look like under all that insulation. :D

caliyah
09-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I can picture my body by looking at other women of similar height/bone structure. But I have no idea what my face will look like. I went from baby fat to fat fat, I don't really know what shape my face will take on.

lol yea me too. babyfat to fat fat, so it's going to be weird for me to see the changes in my face

CJZee
09-12-2009, 09:18 PM
When I was younger and slimmer, I had a body like Sophia Loren when she was younger and heavier. So I look at pictures of the young Sophia Loren and keep my fingers crossed, LOL!

kswood87
09-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Same here, I have a hard enough time trying to imagine me at 20 pounds away much less at 45! The size I am now is maybe about 10 pounds off from the smallest I have been since 6th grade and before that I was just a chubby kid who didn't really think about weight. Actually I weighed less then but I was shorter so it evens out. Eh, basically I've never been smaller than a size 14 which is where I am now so from here on out I'm stepping in a whole new territory.