Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default what have you noticed?

so, i may have FINALLY budged though my plateau this week. im down 0.8lb. not a ton, but after WEEKS of nothing, i was practically doing a happy dance .

anyway, i weigh in my bra and panties, and i was standing in my bathroom looking at myself when i started to...notice things... what are these??? hip bones?? rib cage?? my chafing line under my belly (which i lovingly refer to as my "chub rub") is almost gone. no rolls bulging around my bra.. i started noticing all these little things!! i guess that looking at my body in a mirror has always been such a heinous chore that i havent really done it since i started dieting.

its all so relative. 4 years ago the idea of weighing 178 lbs wouldve made me want to kill myself. now that ive been at 220, 178 is feeling not so bad.

what have you noticed? go strip down and look in the mirror if you have to! noticing little changes will make you feel GREAT!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #2  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
its all so relative. 4 years ago the idea of weighing 178 lbs wouldve made me want to kill myself. now that ive been at 220, 178 is feeling not so bad.
I so feel you on this one. I remember being 140 pounds and crying yes CRYING (not the happy kind) because of it . . amazing. One kid and 70 pounds later I think I'd have been crying tears of joy to be 140 again!

My weight today was 177 and the one thing I think I've noticed the most is the muscle tone I'm getting (or that's just now showing) in my legs! Sometimes when I'm sitting at the computer or just hanging out at home I sit around flexing them admiring the muscles!

I've also noticed my fingers and hands looking smaller. I've developed a new habit of sliding my wedding ring on and off just to feel how loose it's getting.

I still have rolls and yuck but these little things are really helping to keep me motivated, it's so much fun to see my body changing into something I might be proud of again!

Great post!

Last edited by MeowMix; 09-09-2009 at 10:05 PM.
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #3  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
I so feel you on this one. I remember being 140 pounds and crying yes CRYING (not the happy kind) because of it . . amazing. One kid and 70 pounds later I think I'd have been crying tears of joy to be 140 again!

My weight today was 177 and the one thing I think I've noticed the most is the muscle tone I'm getting (or that's just now showing) in my legs! Sometimes when I'm sitting at the computer or just hanging out at home I sit around flexing them admiring the muscles!

I've also noticed my fingers and hands looking smaller. I've developed a new habit of sliding my wedding ring on and off just to feel how loose it's getting.

I still have rolls and yuck but these little things are really helping to keep me motivated, it's so much fun to see my body changing into something I might be proud of again!

Great post!
ugh i know. at my old job we looked at DMV records. i CLEARLY remember someone reading off stats and saying, "she's 5'6 and weighs 150... so.. about average". i was SO grossed out at the idea of weighing 150... now id kill to be 150.

yes, my wedding ring is looser too! im just now being able to *kind of* see what my old/new body looks like.

Last edited by juliastl27; 09-09-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

My boobs are shrinking. LOL and I lost the double chin.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #5  
a work in progress

i cant WAIT to lose the double chin, lol. good for you!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #6  
To war!

S/C/G: 194/ticker/135?

Height: 5' 3"

Hey juliastl27, congrats. So now you are winning our race. My Evil Scale decided this morning I am 180 lbs. again. Go figure. It's probably gonna go down soon.

Things I have noticed:

I have to stretch the belt of my ipod carrier about 1.5 inch tighter. Slimmer arms, hurray! And I can see some muscles peeking out.

Boobs went down from DD to D.

Double chin is a lot less visible. I hope to have just one soon. Just as nature intended.

My tummy is a lot tighter, it's where I've lost the most inches.

Did I say I can see the muscles in my arms? Oh yeah, baby.
Tante Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 284/tickah/180

Height: 5'7"

Congrats! don't think those things are 'little' because they are not! Way to go!
I am just at the beginning of my journey so I am not there yet! But, reading everyone's replies is inspiring!
Heather
me1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #8  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Clara View Post
Hey juliastl27, congrats. So now you are winning our race. My Evil Scale decided this morning I am 180 lbs. again. Go figure. It's probably gonna go down soon.

Things I have noticed:

I have to stretch the belt of my ipod carrier about 1.5 inch tighter. Slimmer arms, hurray! And I can see some muscles peeking out.
LOL, i forgot about the race! well this is brings me up to 1.2 lb in the past 8 weeks, so im sure you're averaging better than me.

im SOOOO jealous, my arms do not want to stop being fat. my arms and belly are taking their sweet damn time getting smaller.

my double chin is also visibly reduced, but one chin? thats the dream baby!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #9  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by me1st View Post
Congrats! don't think those things are 'little' because they are not! Way to go!
I am just at the beginning of my journey so I am not there yet! But, reading everyone's replies is inspiring!
Heather

you will get there! your down 2 lbs? thats a good start!

Last edited by juliastl27; 09-09-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 AM   #10  
To war!

S/C/G: 194/ticker/135?

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
im SOOOO jealous, my arms do not want to stop being fat. my arms and belly are taking their sweet damn time getting smaller.
Well, all is relative, as I am sure you know by now. A smaller tummy means it doesn't protrude more than my boobies. Before I started I had the alluring physique of a middle-aged sumo wrestler. I still am not Playboy centerfold material, but all things considered this is almost as good.
Tante Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

- I can cross my legs comfortably
- My bras don't fit me anymore, almost time for a new one
- Last week I had to pin my shorts with a safety pin - they were falling off!
- Peekaboo muscles.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

I was just thinking about blogging about this very thing this morning! I need to use the inner most clasps to hook my bra because it's becoming too loose. I could zip up my knee high boots with ease this morning. I feel comfortable without sleeves.
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I still don't have a full-length mirror in my house. When I go to the dressing rooms at stores I actually like taking off my clothes now to look at the differences. I guess since I don't have full-length mirror at home it is still somewhat surprising to me. I like my cheekbones and I like my ribs/waist. I also like the area just above my breast--and in the middle. You can kind of see some indentation there now when the light hits it just right.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I love it when all the hard work starts to pay off and you start seeing your body change!!

When I put my hands on my waist it's firm--no more squish! I remember the first time I did that, I was like, 'whoa! What's that? Muscle? On the sides of my waist?! When did that happen?!'

Collar bones, cheek bones, my arms are getting pretty defined--all things I took for granted when I was younger and thin, I'm now appreciating more than ever!

Great post! Keep up the great work ladies!!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #15  

Height: 5'3"

Muscle definition in my arms. (A little, lol.)
Hip bones
Smaller boobs :-(
Slimmer face.

I generally look less bloated, too, due to the amount of water I drink and the unprocessed foods I put into my body.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote