Old 09-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Need Restaurant Help from Omaha Crew!

Okay, my parents are insisting that the whole family go out to a nice restaurant to celebrate my sister getting into grad school. They are allowing me to have SOME control over the location due to my being on MRC. However, I'm terrified! I swore I'd avoid going out to eat while on plan. I'm only losing 1-2 lbs per week as is, even though I've stuck to menu. I don't need anything throwing me further off. I've thought about eating at home before and just having water, but before I did that I thought I'd send out a call for all Omaha area MRC's to suggest their fav. restaurants and foods there. Any suggestions on how to get through this or how to order would be lovely too!

Thank you!!! I really need the help.
3ducksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Okay, I will research this for you (and for me being that hubby and I are going out his weekend for our anniversary.) So far I looked at Upstream Brewery... you can order either their salmon salad or beef lovers salad (minus the dressing & bleu cheese) or even go with one of their beef or fish dishes with streamed veggies, no butter. I went out the other day with some friends to Olive Garden and ordered the chicken, no sauce, with veggies and that kept me on track. I will look into this some more. If you know where you want to go, we can figure out what to have by looking at their menu online! I've eaten out a few times since being OP and have only had problems with my meal at, of all places, Wendy's.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #3  

I eat at Carrabba's all the time. They are even use to the way that I order now, I either have fish or steak (depending on where I am in the week). I have a side salad with dressing on the side (lite) then I order the veggie of the day as my side.

They also have some great salads and I use either the olive oil and vinegar or balsamic vinegar for my dressing.

I have also gone to Biaggis as they have a wonderful spinach salad (add chicken or fish) lite dressing on the side.

You can order chicken almost anywhere just make sure you tell them to leave off any sauce or put it on the side and then ignore it.

You can do this, just check the restaurants menu online, plan what you want ahead of time and stick to it.

Good Luck!!
Bobsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #4  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Being in Omaha land of steak you should be able to go just about anywhere. Any nice restaurant will have steak, you can then order a side salad with fat free dressing and vegetable. Just stay away from the breads.

A nice restaurant is always subjective. My kids think Red Robin and Old Chicago are nice but I don't think you will have a lot of luck there.

When I want to go out we go to Outback. I can get a salad, steak and veggies and I have one small slice of bread and a diet soda. I actually feel like I am eating like normal again. Be aware that restaurants add tons of salt so be sure to drink extra water that day and the next.

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

Carraba's ==> does exactly what you ask, they are good with that
Upstream ==> make sure you make it absolutley clear what you want, and also with their steak assortiment, you can get a good flank steak exactly as you want
Texas Roadhouse: believe it or not they are the best when it comes to customer care, they listen and provide what you want and you can walk up to the kitchen and have the meet cut up just the way u want.

goodluck
nabeelmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Ok, some of these may be local places but hopefully this will help:

Bennigans

Rosemary Grilled Chicken: Two grilled chicken breasts marinated in lemon, rosemary and garlic. Served with roasted vegetables. (no potatoes or demi sauce).

Seafood:
Flaherty’s Fish: Pan-seared tilapia fillet. Served with fresh green beans. (no butter sauce, no onions or rice).

Grilled Salmon: Grilled salmon fillet seasoned with pepper and salt served with steamed broccoli. (no rice).

Bennigan’s Grill
Fire-Grilled 8oz. Sirloin: A tender cut of sirloin grilled to perfection. Served with steamed broccoli. (no potatoes).

Additional Sides:
Steamed Broccli
Fresh Green Beans
Roasted Vegetables.

Salads:
Fajita Salad: Slices of chicken breast or marinated steak served over a bed of chilled mixed greens and Colby cheese.
(no corn, tortilla strips, bacon or ranch dressing).

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad: Grilled chicken breast served over romaine lettuce. Can substitute Cajun Grilled Salmon. (no croutons or dressing).

Greek Chicken Salad: Grilled chicken breast on romaine lettuce and tomatoes. (no olives, onions, cheese, dressing on the side).

Asian Chicken Salad: Grilled, Asian-marinated chicken, tossed with mixed greens, cilantro, and cucumbers. (no dressing, noodles, or oranges.).

Chicken:
Chicken Stir Fry: Chicken and mixed vegetables. (no Asian sauce or rice pilaf).

Chicken Platter: Two marinated chicken breasts and steamed broccoli. (no rice pilaf).

FIREWORKS!!!

Wood-Fired Rotisserie Chicken:
-A Whole half-chicken seasoned and slowly roasted (side of vegetables)

Rotisserie Pork Loin:
-Seasoned medallions slowly roasted on our wood-fired spit till tender and juicy. (Side of vegetables)

Portabella-Gorgonzola New York Strip:
-Topped with sautéed portabella mushrooms with sautéed vegetables. (No Gorgonzola cheese, sauce, or potatoes)

The Soprano’s Fillet:
-Fillet grilled to order with sautéed vegetables. ( No sauce or potatoes)

Steak Au Poivre
Fillet mignon served with sautéed vegetables. (No sauce or potatoes)

Bourbon Street Chicken:
-Sautéed breast slightly blackened with Cajun spices served with sautéed vegetables. (No sauce or rice)

Ceylon Chicken:
-Cinnamon– marinated, hickory grilled breast served with sautéed vegetables. ( No BBQ sauce or potatoes)

BBQ Chicken Salad:
-Wood fired chicken, fresh greens, grape tomatoes, fresh green beans. (No corn, BBQ, or croutons. F. F. dressing).

Citrus Caesar with Chicken:
-Fresh Romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, with hickory grilled chicken. (No olives or croutons. F.F. dressing).

Steak Salad:
-Hickory grilled sirloin, grape tomatoes, fresh green beans. (No potatoes, blue cheese, red onions, or croutons. F.F. dressing

LAZLOS

Good Choices:
-Rainbow Chicken (No honey mustard)
-Voodoo Chicken (No three cheese sauce)
-Cottage Cheese
-Steamed Fresh Veggies
-Fresh Salmon
-Hickory Grilled Tilapia
-Salmon & Avocado Salad (No Avocado dressing, avocadoes or dressing)
-Caeser Salad (No dressing or croutons)
-Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad(No tortilla strips, honey dressing, or peanut sauce)
-Cobb Salad- ( no bacon bits or croutons)
-Salad Lazlo (no bacon bits or croutons)

Ruby Tuesdays!

Good Choices:
-Fresh Garden Bar( No bacon, croutons,onions)
-Chicken Fresco(no lemon butter or vinaigrette or mashed potatoes)
-Chicken Oscar ( no butter sauce or potatoes
-Chicken Bella (no sauce or potatoes)
-Bistro BBQ Chicken ( no bbq sauce, bacon,onion straws,no mashed potatoes.
-Creole Catch ( no creole spices or brown rice,cheese or tomatoes)
-Lemon Grilled Salmon (no lemon butter sauce,or rice,cheese,or tomatoes)
-New Orleans Seafood ( no parmesean cheese or rice,cheese,and tomatoes)
-Petite Sirloin
-Top Sirloin
-Bayou Sirloin (No parmesean sauce)
-Sirloin & Bistro Chicken ( no bbq sauce, no bacon, or onion straws, and cheese only if for lunch)
-VEGGIES>>>>Baby Greens, and steamed broccoli

GRANITE CITY!!!

Grilled BBQ Boneless Pork Chops:
-Two center cut 7oz. Pork chops seasoned then charbroiled. Served with sautéed vegetable medley. ( No BBQ, potatoes, or bread. Eat one only).

Grilled Top Sirloin Steak Dinner:
-10oz Midwest raised, center cut top sirloin steak specially seasoned and charbroiled to order. Served with sautéed vegetable medley. (No onion strings, potatoes, or bread).

Honey Rosemary Fillet Mignon:
-A half pound of center cut tenderloin marinated in honey, soy sauce, chopped garlic, olive oil, and fresh rosemary then charbroiled to order. Served with sautéed vegetable medley. (No onion strings, fries, or mashed potatoes).

Grilled Salmon Oscar:
-Fillet of North Atlantic Salmon charbroiled and topped with steamed asparagus spears and jumbo lump crab meat. Served with sautéed vegetable medley. (No sauce or rice).

Grilled Garlic Butter Sirloin:
-A 10oz. cut of USDA sirloin steak marinated in garlic and butter; charbroiled to perfection. Served with sautéed medley. (no potatoes or onion strings).

Grilled Asian Salad:
-Fresh chicken breast marinated in pineapple juice, sherry, and soy sauce; charbroiled and sliced thin. Tossed with shredded iceberg lettuce, cilantro, shredded cabbage, green onions, and sliced cucumber. (No carrots, pea pods, sweet red peppers, wonton strips, or peanut sauce).

Honey Rosemary Tenderloin and Focaccia Salad:
-A half pound of fresh beef tenderloin marinated in honey, olive oil, soy sauce, chopped garlic and fresh rosemary and charbroiled to order. Hand sliced into bite sized pieces. (F.F. dressing. No croutons, relish, or blue cheese).

Caesar Salad:
-Chopped romaine lettuce and parmesan cheese. (F.F. dressing. No croutons, add chicken)

LONESTAR!!!

Good Choices:
-Mesquite-Grilled Shrimp Dinner(No Texas Rice)
-Five-Star Filet (Only the 6OZ)
-Dinner Salad (no red onions,or croutons) Take MRC dressing
-Chicken Cesar Salad (No dressing, use different cheese and no croutons)
-El Paso Salad-El Paso With Sweet Bourbon-El Paso with Grilled Sirloin– El Paso with Mesquite Grilled Shrimp-El Paso with Grilled Chicken (With all of the above No Red Onions, Croutons, Or bacon!)
-Steakhouse Salad (no chipotle blue cheese dressing, red onions tortilla strips or bleu cheese crumbles)
-Cobb Salad (no bacon or avocado)
-Grilled Chicken

CULVERS!!!

Good Choices:
-Grilled Chicken Cashew Salad(No Cashews)
-Classic Cesar With Grilled Chicken(No Croutons, or cheese)
-Garden Fresco
(NO CROUTONS)

VILLIAGE INN!!!

-Cobb Salad ( without avocado , black olives, and blue cheese)
-Chicken Caesar (No dressing, black olives red onions croutons or parmesan cheese
-Garden Grand (No croutons or black olives)
-Chef salad ( No ham, black olives or seasoned croutons)

BACKYARD BURGER!!!

Garden Fresh Salad ( Without Carrots)
Charbroiled Chicken Salad ( No Shredded Carrots and No red Onion Rings)
Blackened Chicken Salad ( No carrots and No onion Rings)
Chicken Club Salad ( Not FRIED and No Bacon pieces)

BOSTON MARKET!!!

Good Choices:
-White Rotisserie Chicken
-Roasted Turkey
-Fresh Steamed Vegtables
-Green Beans
-Market Chopped Salad
-Caeser Salad– No croutons
-Seasonal Fresh Fruit
(FOR LUNCH)

GRISANTIS!!!

Mediterranean Salmon Salad:
Fresh grilled salmon served on a bed of salad greens
cucumber, roma tomatoes, tossed with a fresh basil
vinaigrette. ( no feta cheese, red onions or black olives).

Grilled Chicken Pesto Ceasar
Traditional Caesar salad topped with a pesto grilled chicken. (dressing on the side)

Grilled Pork Chops with Gorgonzola Butter
Two 7oz marinated pork chops and fresh seasoned vegetables. (no butter or potatoes).

New York Strip Steak
USDA choice center cut strip steak and fresh seasonal vegetables. (no pasta)

Bistecca “Scampi Style”
Grilled 10oz center cut sirloin topped with shrimp and served with fresh seasonal vegetables ( no scampi sauce, or potatoes).

Salmon Florentine
Fresh grilled salmon served sautéed spinach. (no butter sauce, no potatoes).

Portabella Chicken
Grilled chicken breast topped with portabella mushrooms and provolone cheese served with fresh seasonal vegetables. ( for lunch if having the cheese).

Chicken Scaloppini Marsala
Tender scaloppini style chicken served with fresh seasonal vegetables. (No sauce.)
Lemon Basil Chicken
Grilled chicken breast marinated in a lemon-basil sauce and served with fresh seasonal vegetables. (no pasta)

OUTBACK!!!!

-Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie (No butter and No seasoning
-Seared Ahi Tuna ( No spices or soy dressing or wasabi vinaigrette)
- Steakhouse Salad (No Aussie crunch, red onions, cinnamon pecans or Danish blue cheese vinaigrette)
-Ahi Tuna Chopped Salad(no croutons or butter)
-Queensland Salad (cheeses only at lunch) ( NO bacon egg or almonds)
-Outback Grilliers(without rice)
-Rack of Lamb(No rich cabernet sauce)
-Chicken on the Barbie( No BBQ sauce)
-Outback Special(No spices)
-Victorias Center Cut Filet (No spices)
-Slow Roasted Sirloin Medley (No butter)
-Atlantic Salmon(No butter)
-Hearts of Gold Tilapia(No butter,no lemon sauce no sun dried tomatoes)
-Fresh Veggies,Broccoli,Green Beans

BREWSKYS!!!

Good Choices:
-Chicken Breast Salad (No bleu cheese ,onions,croutons,and MRC dressing)
-Citrus Salmon Salad (No onions, croutons, and MRC dressing)
-Sirloin Steak (No garlic bread or onion ring)
-Flat Iron Steak (No garlic Bread or onions ring)
-ALSO ASK FOR NO MARINATED MEAT!!!

APPLEBEES!!!!!!

Good Choices-
-Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Salad- (No red onions, or red peppers)
-Cajun Lime Tilapia- (No black beans,rice pilaf or corn salsa)
-Smothered Grilled Chicken ( No marinade, or butter, no onions or garlic mashed potatoes)
-Grilled Italian Chicken Ceasar Salad- (No garlic Croutons or caeser dressing)
-Santa Fe Chicken Salsa- ( No tortilla strips, pico de gallo, or mexi ranch, No guacamole or sourcream
-Grilled Shrimp N Spinach Salad- (No bacon, red peppers, onions, almonds or bacon vinagerette)
- SEASONAL VEGETABLES!!!!!

HUHOT!!!!

Good Choices:
Meats: Chicken and Buffalo, LEAN Beef and Pork
Seafood: Cod, Mahi Mahi, Salmon, Halibut
Veggies: Cabbage, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Spinach, Cilantro, Celery, Bean Sprouts, Bamboo Shoots, Snow Peas
Sauces: Bekters Ginger, Burn Your Village, Five Village Fire, Khans Favorite, Kung Pao? Yow!, Mean Bean Garlic.

RED LOBSTER!!!!

-Good Choices:
-Garlic– Grilled Jumbo Shrimp

-Grilled Salmon

-Garlic Shrimp Scampi

-Steamed Snow Crab Legs

-Grilled Sirloin Steak

-Lobster and Seafood Mixed Grill
(without wild rice pilaf)

-Snow Crab Legs ( No Butter)

-North Pacific King Crab Legs (No Butter)

-Rock Lobster Tail

-Steak and Rock Lobster Tail

-Garlic– Grilled Jumbo Shrimp

-Maui Luau Shrimp and Salmon
( Without wild rice pilaf and grilled pineapple)

-Grilled Center– Cut New York Strip

-Grilled Chicken Breast (Without Rice)

-Seafood Caeser Salad
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #7  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

S/C/G: 207/178/167

Height: 5'9"

THANKS Fifties Lady! You are the GREATEST at helping all of us out! And great job so far on your weight loss too! I just had my third weigh in since being OP and have lost 7#'s so far, so I'm excited! Again, thanks for taking such good care of us here on 3FC and MRC!
wannabthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabthinagain View Post
THANKS Fifties Lady! You are the GREATEST at helping all of us out! And great job so far on your weight loss too! I just had my third weigh in since being OP and have lost 7#'s so far, so I'm excited! Again, thanks for taking such good care of us here on 3FC and MRC!
Your are so welcome....it has been very helpful for me to know what to do when going out. We do have to have a life outside of MRC....
Old 09-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #9  

Wow! Thank you all for your suggestions! Fifties Lady, that's quite a list, thank you for the time you took to put all that down for me! I really appreciate it. I'm really sweatin' because I know several of the places have Calamari Friti which is my favorite. I grew up on the stuff and when pregnant, my husband would drive an hour round trip to bring it home for me on occasion (good hubby!) I just have to be determined to make the right choices. I see now that I can and there are options out there!

Thanks again gals!
Old 09-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

3ducksmom --

I was in Omaha a few weeks ago for my birthday. My sister and I went to Firebird's at Village Pointe. I had the sirloin and it's one of the best steaks this Nebraska girl has had in her life! It was fire-grilled over apple wood...lucious!! That night, the steamed veggies were zuccini and yellow squash. For intestinal reasons you really don't want to know about, I had to order a garden salad instead. It had a lite oil/vinegar dressing on it, as well as walnuts (easy to pick out, but I think I missed some...yum!), which was delightful as well. It's a bit pricey, but if the 'rents are springing, I say, "Go for it!"
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #11  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

oh man, firebirds is SOOOO good. the first time i ate there was in arizona i think and i almost died when i ate the baked potato. i know that wouldn't do me any good now, of course, but the steak and chicken are also to die for
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
oh man, firebirds is SOOOO good. the first time i ate there was in arizona i think and i almost died when i ate the baked potato. i know that wouldn't do me any good now, of course, but the steak and chicken are also to die for

When I ordered my steak, I requested no seasonings. It had so much flavor just from the apple wood. Unbelieveable! I'm a farm girl and we always butchered our own beef. A juicy rib eye has always been my favorite, but if I could get results with a sirloin the way Firebird's does, that would be my new fav!
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat not Fat View Post
When I ordered my steak, I requested no seasonings. It had so much flavor just from the apple wood. Unbelieveable! I'm a farm girl and we always butchered our own beef. A juicy rib eye has always been my favorite, but if I could get results with a sirloin the way Firebird's does, that would be my new fav!

OHHHHHHH...you are making me so hungry. Chicken doesn't sound good at all now....
Old 09-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #14  

Oooo that sounds really good! I am SO craving a big ol' steak right now!! I'll throw that out there as one of the options. Yum!

I used to love my steak with mushrooms in a sauce over it (like Applebee's WW steak and portabellos). I've yet to figure out a way to make something similar on MRC yet. I may have to experiment again tonight.