General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #1  

Default !RANT: what men say... and what they really mean

I was going to post this somewhere else, but decided this is more of an "off-topic" thing. Feel free to move it if you think it's necessary.

Does it annoy you when (some) men say something like, "I like a woman who can eat"... but only as long as she has a fast metabolism and can maintain a size 6? It seems to me a skinny chick who "can eat" is hot, but a fat chick who "can eat" is disgusting, needs to get off her butt, etc.

(I'm really not a bitter person. I just play one on the Internet.)
bhujiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

yea, men just need to shut up about womens weight anyways....regardless. Just shut up, will you men? Besides, it makes me sick when fat guys talk about fat women like they're exempt from fatness or something. Ewwww!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #3  
the camera adds 10 lbs

S/C/G: 258/ticker/185

i think a lot of people who were thin when they were young, but gained a lot of weight later dont think of themselves as fat...i was blessed to be fat all my life so i have all the insecurities that go along with it
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhujiko View Post
Does it annoy you when (some) men say something like, "I like a woman who can eat"... but only as long as she has a fast metabolism and can maintain a size 6? It seems to me a skinny chick who "can eat" is hot, but a fat chick who "can eat" is disgusting, needs to get off her butt, etc.
That goes right along with "I prefer women without makeup."

Last edited by JulieJ08; 09-09-2009 at 06:13 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Nail on Head, nuff said.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #6  
Ready to be skinny!

S/C/G: 238/221!!!/180

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
i think a lot of people who were thin when they were young, but gained a lot of weight later dont think of themselves as fat...i was blessed to be fat all my life so i have all the insecurities that go along with it

Same here!!
evieistrying09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
haha... that may be true for some. But as a kid I got made fun of WAY more by fat boys than skinny ones. I think it's a way of displacing their insecurities. Boy mind: problem= fatness, solution= find someone fatter to make fun of!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #8  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

Maybe I'm lucky or maybe my demeanor just says "Don't mess with me!" but I've never really had these issues. I dated three guys (fairly long term each round) one of which I married. Two out of three are really nice guys who always say what they mean and it was never hurtful or idiotic.

I guess I don't really have any advice except if someone ever says something stupid, let them know. You can't have your cake and eat it too!
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhujiko View Post
I was going to post this somewhere else, but decided this is more of an "off-topic" thing. Feel free to move it if you think it's necessary.

(I'm really not a bitter person. I just play one on the Internet.)
haha, that's a pet peeve of mine...it annoys to me to no end when a man says it annoys him when girls who constantly worry about what they eat, are high maintenance, and as you put they prefer a girl who can eat like the guys.

but then they say they want a girl who looks like Bar Refaeli or Jessica Alba..uh... helllllloooooo those girls ARE the high maintenance ones that have to constantly watch what they eat and exercise to look like they do. this is a case where guys are not using their brains.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I don't know, I think women are just as hypocritical when it comes to dating. I've always had wonderful luck with the guys I've dated, much better than many of my friends (not only thinner, prettier friends). I think it's because I dated the guys many women overlook, because I truly didn't care what the guy looked like or how much money he made. Well, I'm sure I cared a little, but not nearly as much as most women I knew. As long as he was responsible enough to hold a steady job, and used appropriate hygeine I was willing to give a guy a chance. I also knew exactly what I DID want, and didn't waste time on guys who didn't fit my criteria (all of my "must haves" or "must not haves," and a good mix of "would be nice's.")

Many women "say" they want a sensitive guy who isn't hung up on physical appearance, but they don't give a second look to a guy who has those qualities if he isn't attractive or doesn't make enough money.

I think society as a whole admires ideals that don't exist (or exists very rarely) in reality. One of those is the woman who is effortlessly beautiful, wears no makeup but looks like she does, and eats whatever she wants, and doesn't have to exercise (men want this woman, and women want to be her). The other is the good looking, wealthy man who is sensitive, caring, loyal, and doesn't care about "physical beauty" and isn't a workaholic.

Last edited by kaplods; 09-09-2009 at 06:28 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote